PDA

View Full Version : Seriously do you think"superstar" when you watch Kawhai Leonard play basketball?

Akhenaten
05-12-2016, 09:30 PM
:confusedshrug:

I just dont see it, there is nothing DYNAMIC about this guys game, for the record I'm one of those folks who do not consider Pippen a superstar. For me being a dynamic offensive player is an absolute prerequisite for being a superstar/franchise player.

I have dude at the bottom of my top ten, maybe outside of it and I feel CP3 should have gotten more votes than him for MVP.

imnew09
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Lebron made him look like a superstar.

Fken Lebeta :facepalm

Lamar Odumbb
05-12-2016, 09:37 PM
I agree but in his defense, he was a spot up 3 point shooter outlet type in their previous years. It looks like they want him to be the facilitator which is a mistake because he sucks at dribbling, passing, and shooting off the dribble.

oh the horror
05-12-2016, 09:39 PM
No. I think people keep getting caught up in the moment with a lot of these guys. He's a very good player and a fantastic secondary option for what should be your superstar player.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 09:40 PM
if you dont think superstar when you watch leonard you might just not know shit about ball :roll:

PJR
05-12-2016, 09:42 PM
He's not a guy who's gonna go on a 1-4 isolation clinic, and drop 40 on command when the defense is keying on him. No way.

Great defender, and can score within the flow of an offense/system.

stalkerforlife
05-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Yes.

But he's facing two superstars.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 09:44 PM
No. He's not held to superstar standards and without Pop's system he wouldn't be viewed as highly as he is.

Klayup
05-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes.

But he's facing two superstars.
And being guarded by a role-player lolol

IGOTGAME
05-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Yes, he is a top 5 player in the world. I think that counts

CelticBaller
05-12-2016, 09:49 PM
But he's better than KD tho

Klayup
05-12-2016, 09:51 PM
What a superstar move!!!

Graviton
05-12-2016, 09:51 PM
He is a system player, put George or Jimmy Butler on this team and they would perform at almost an equal level. Look how clueless he looks when he has to make shit happen on his own and not rely on Spurs offense and ball movement.

Idk why people put him on the same level as Lebron/Durant, he is not there yet.

Smoke117
05-12-2016, 09:52 PM
He's a poor mans Pippen who can't pass.

jlip
05-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Not really.

r0drig0lac
05-12-2016, 11:38 PM
not, its brilliant season was just "lucky" http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Asukal
05-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Who's the idiot who said he was as good as prime MJ? :hammerhead:

Nick Young
05-13-2016, 12:32 AM
He's a poor mans Pippen who can't pass.
At his best he is a clutch version of Pippen who is a knockdown shooter, but worse passing.

Does Scottie Pippen have any Finals MVPs?:confusedshrug:

PistonsFan#21
05-13-2016, 12:34 AM
:confusedshrug:

I just dont see it, there is nothing DYNAMIC about this guys game, for the record I'm one of those folks who do not consider Pippen a superstar. For me being a dynamic offensive player is an absolute prerequisite for being a superstar/franchise player.

I have dude at the bottom of my top ten, maybe outside of it and I feel CP3 should have gotten more votes than him for MVP.

Did you consider Duncan a superstar at any point of his career?

imdaman99
05-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Not a superstar, but he's an important COG in a championship level team. I'd love to give him max on the Knicks but instead we get to watch Melo :facepalm

lakerspng
05-13-2016, 12:35 AM
At his best he is a clutch version of Pippen who is a knockdown shooter, but worse passing.

Does Scottie Pippen have any Finals MVPs?:confusedshrug:

In all fairness, Pippen never had the luxury of facing prime LeBron in the finals.

DonDadda59
05-13-2016, 12:37 AM
Dude would be a PHENOMENAL assistant pimp to a true alpha. He's the Scottie Pippen of this era (without the playmaking/passing ability). He just doesn't have an MJ. :(

There were rumors a few weeks ago that SA was going to make a run at Durant. That would be a dream combo.

Milbuck
05-13-2016, 12:41 AM
Been saying forever he's overrated. He's a fantastic player but the people putting him over Lebron, Durant, CP3, etc are getting way carried away by his advanced metrics. Amazing defender and efficient scorer but he's flat out not a dynamic offensive weapon who can carry you offensively when things get tight like a Curry, a Westbrook, a Durant, a Lebron can. He's able to score efficiently because his jumpshot has taken huge steps forward, he's developed a killer post game and is crafty in 1-2 dribble moves, but as far as consistently being relied upon to make plays for others, create off the dribble as a high usage ballhandler, and pretty much carry your offense for extended periods of time, he's not there yet at all and that was displayed this series.

This series sums it up quite nicely, he put up nice numbers for the series but was a complete no show for big stretches at a time. In games 1-5 (stats for game 6 not up yet) he shot 35% from the field in the 4th, only 6 made FGs in the 4th in those games. Just 1.2 baskets a 4th quarter. And it gets worse and worse the later into the game you go, in the final 4 minutes he shot 29% and in the final 2, 20%.

Smoke117
05-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Been saying forever he's overrated. He's a fantastic player but the people putting him over Lebron, Durant, CP3, etc are getting way carried away by his advanced metrics. Amazing defender and efficient scorer but he's flat out not a dynamic offensive weapon who can carry you offensively when things get tight like a Curry, a Westbrook, a Durant, a Lebron can. He's able to score efficiently because his jumpshot has taken huge steps forward, he's developed a killer post game and is crafty in 1-2 dribble moves, but as far as consistently being relied upon to make plays for others, create off the dribble as a high usage ballhandler, and pretty much carry your offense for extended periods of time, he's not there yet at all and that was displayed this series.

This series sums it up quite nicely, he put up nice numbers for the series but was a complete no show for big stretches at a time. In games 1-5 (stats for game 6 not up yet) he shot 35% from the field in the 4th, only 6 made FGs in the 4th in those games. Just 1.2 baskets a 4th quarter. And it gets worse and worse the later into the game you go, in the final 4 minutes he shot 29% and in the final 2, 20%.

meltdown. :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-13-2016, 12:44 AM
I think superstar when i see him on defense.

On offense.......nah. He puts up nice stats and fills up boxscore so the stat nerds can jerk off to but he doesnt make much of an impact offensively. Teams dont FEAR him on offense hes not DYNAMIC

NBAGOAT
05-13-2016, 12:44 AM
yes but this year felt like an outlier year from him especially the 44% from 3. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like cp3 or Harden played better next year.

Milbuck
05-13-2016, 12:45 AM
meltdown. :roll:
Respond to me again.

ImKobe
05-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Looks like a system player on offense

is a superstar in terms of production but aesthetically you don't see it

imdaman99
05-13-2016, 12:49 AM
You take Kawhi off the Spurs, they might not even win 50 games. He is the most important player for them because he can take away the other team's best player. Plus he is a very good offensive player. I am not gonna be caught in the prisoner of the moment mentality. Dude is a stud. Most definitely top 6 player.

BlakFrankWhite
05-13-2016, 01:02 AM
He got dominated this series by a 6'3 PG. Westbrook was driving past him at will.

KD was right, dude's a system player

riseagainst
05-13-2016, 01:04 AM
Lebron made him look like a superstar.

Fken Lebeta :facepalm

:lol
:roll: