PDA

View Full Version : I was right about LMA

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 06:54 PM
All last year a lot of ISH fools were droning on about how elite LMA was but I only saw a soft one dimensional player.

Last night really proved it, I hope everyone saw just how inable LMA is to defend anything or be a rim protector of any capacity. The guy is serious negative on the defensive end.

I thought it was a mistake to sign LMA and it seems like an even larger mistake now. Trade his ass to Chicago for Gasol and filler.

Braincells
05-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Are he worth max?

ScalsFan21
05-13-2016, 06:58 PM
All last year a lot of ISH fools were droning on about how elite LMA was but I only saw a soft one dimensional player.

Last night really proved it, I hope everyone saw just how inable LMA is to defend anything or be a rim protector of any capacity. The guy is serious negative on the defensive end.

I thought it was a mistake to sign LMA and it seems like an even larger mistake now. Trade his ass to Chicago for Gasol and filler.

His continuous bricking of easy looks on the other end in the 4th quarter of games 4 and 5 were pathetic. I'm not quick to apply the choker label but he has demonstrated a lack of a clutch gene for years now, though never in quite as crucial a spot as we witnessed in those 2 games. That's in addition to the fact that he isn't a factor defensively and was a key part of allowing the countless late offensive rebounds to Adams, Kanter and RWB.

Outrageously pathetic showing.

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Are he worth max?

Absolutely not, but teams overpay everyone these days.

To pre-empt questions, Spurs should have gotten Marc Gasol, but now will end up trying to get Pau, and I am sure I also wrote they should have pursued Conley too.

LMA was a massive mistake and back in February I wrote I was worried about the lack of backup center for the Spurs and the lack of reliable back up wing players - while a lot of fools here were praising Anderson and Simmons:roll:

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 07:00 PM
His continuous bricking of easy looks on the other end in the 4th quarter of games 4 and 5 were pathetic. I'm not quick to apply the choker label but he has demonstrated a lack of a clutch gene for years now, though never in quite as crucial a spot as we witnessed in those 2 games. That's in addition to the fact that he isn't a factor defensively and was a key part of allowing the countless late offensive rebounds to Adams, Kanter and RWB.

Outrageously pathetic showing.

His bricking is one thing, the complete lack of impact on defense and in passing is another. When he doesn't hit jumpers he contributes nothing else and that goes against everything the Spurs have been trying to be.

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2016, 07:01 PM
How are you supposed to fill a defensive gap with pau gasol tho :lol

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 07:04 PM
How are you supposed to fill a defensive gap with pau gasol tho :lol
:facepalm

Pau has been a top 5 shotblocker and a top 5 rebounder and one of the best at rim protection statwise this season. GTFO Kobe stan, agenda is obvious.

Obviously Marc Gasol would be better.

ScalsFan21
05-13-2016, 07:09 PM
His bricking is one thing, the complete lack of impact on defense and in passing is another. When he doesn't hit jumpers he contributes nothing else and that goes against everything the Spurs have been trying to be.

Damn right. I can't believe what I was watching. I hadn't watched much SA in the regular season but seeing them in the playoffs and especially this round I felt like I was watching an old Portland game with just constant LMA ball-stopping. I was shocked Pop allowed it to get to that point, and as great as Kawhi is, it's not a great thing that neither of their marquee guys are known for getting others involved which is the fabric of Spur play.

It's admittedly way worse with LaMarcus though, given that Leonard contributes in plenty of other areas. The fact that Popovich so willingly relied on those plays as much as he did indicates to me that they've been hiding injuries that have been hobbling some of their playmakers like Parker (and maybe even Kawhi too with his knee).

Credit to OKC for playing pretty good D, but SA STILL in spite of everything had more than ample opportunities on offense and just bricked, LMA being the main culprit. Just a terrible loss.

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Damn right. I can't believe what I was watching. I hadn't watched much SA in the regular season but seeing them in the playoffs and especially this round I felt like I was watching an old Portland game with just constant LMA ball-stopping. I was shocked Pop allowed it to get to that point, and as great as Kawhi is, it's not a great thing that neither of their marquee guys are known for getting others involved which is the fabric of Spur play.

It's admittedly way worse with LaMarcus though, given that Leonard contributes in plenty of other areas. The fact that Popovich so willingly relied on those plays as much as he did indicates to me that they've been hiding injuries that have been hobbling some of their playmakers like Parker (and maybe even Kawhi too with his knee).

Credit to OKC for playing pretty good D, but SA STILL in spite of everything had more than ample opportunities on offense and just bricked, LMA being the main culprit. Just a terrible loss.

People overlook that Duncan had a serious injury and never recored in time.

Spurs were much better before Duncan's injury. Duncan made that team each and every year including this. The second Duncan sits is the second that players begin looking for their own shot and begin iso'ing. Duncan was the system even when he wasn't playing as much. It's like Lakers with Kareem, they were never the same after him, despite making the finals.

rzp
05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
isnt Pau Gasol 35yo or something? Isnt better to get a younger one?

Lebron23
05-13-2016, 07:14 PM
He's David Robinson without Steroids.

90sgoat
05-13-2016, 07:16 PM
isnt Pau Gasol 35yo or something? Isnt better to get a younger one?

Yes, should have not signed LMA and tried to get Marc Gasol.

Who else?

Horford is a dud, hasn't been able to do anything against Cavs twice now.

I just don't see any options, naturally you'd like Towns or Porzingis but they're not available, likewise with AD or Drummond.

Gasol is available. Maybe he could try to convince Marc to follow.

3peated
you guys are being overly critical. this is pretty standard for spurs aka the team that never back2backs. they always look superior in the regular season, but at this point their main players are very old, yes kwahi and lma are very good players, but they aren't explosive like KD or westbrook. explosiveness is what separates good players from great players. OKC just happens to have two on the same squad.

90sgoat
He's David Robinson without Steroids.

Robinson averaged like 4 blocks a season, LMA struggles to get to 1.

JohnMax
05-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Duncan made that team each and every year including this.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss320/warya_som/clap.gif

imdaman99
05-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Pau Gasol is soft as well. Dude doesn't become tough to grab rebounds either, I remember Westbrook grabbing many in 2012 playoffs against him. And Marc? He got paid, he is fat and out of shape. He had a great year last year but he is not some great player that everyone got fooled into thinking.

Duncan is an all time great. Yes his roles have diminished the past 5 years, but he did anchor the defense. But he is not that same player he is now obviously.

Lebron23
05-13-2016, 07:27 PM
He scored 41 points a couple of days ago. And LMA became the flavor of the month in this forum.

ShawkFactory
05-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Agree with everything.

Duncan was the reason Pops system looked so good. Without him next year and in coming years they'll be a good team, but will be irrelevant when discussing true title teams.

They never won a ring before Duncan and they won't for a long time after. People can argue about pop and his system and the supporting cast or whatever they want to spew..but that shit is no coincidence.

Lamar Odumbb
05-13-2016, 07:35 PM
He is pretty much a jump shooting version of Al Jefferson.

19 pts 8 boards on .48 % fg 111 ortng 106 dfrtng Aldridge

17 pts 9 boards on .49 % fg 108 ortng 105 dfrtng Jefferson