PDA

View Full Version : If Thunder beat the Warriors and Cavs..

NBAGOAT
05-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Would it be the toughest run in NBA history? Only other one I can think of that comes close is 95 Rockets beating the Jazz, Suns, Spurs, and Magic but even that doesn't seem like it compares.

nightprowler10
05-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Dallas, maybe comes close?

Not happening though. Would love to be proven wrong.

Draz
05-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Definitely would be one of the hardest runs.

ScalsFan21
05-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Would it be the toughest run in NBA history? Only other one I can think of that comes close is 95 Rockets beating the Jazz, Suns, Spurs, and Magic but even that doesn't seem like it compares.

I can answer that in two ways:

Way #1: It's impossible, so don't even bother thinking about it. Warriors in 5 MAX. Then again to be fair, I said the same thing about the Spurs and was wrong there due to a lot of things that I believe given a larger sample size would have gone differently. But a win's a win, and they did a TON right to keep games 4 and 5 within striking distance, and then... well, striking. I predicted GS in 5 against either one, and I think they are FAR better than Oklahoma City (and SA).

Way #2: The Rockets would compare, but considering that '95 team was better than the previous years' team (and OKC will have gone into the last THREE series as the clear underdogs and road team), I would have to say this road would be the toughest I've ever seen.

Beating Pop and the Spurs is a big deal as it is. That is one of the biggest underdog series wins in several years IMO. Beating GSW would be absolutely astronomical. I can't even begin to think of how they would be able to do it since they are outclassed in so many ways.

Then of course knocking off a presumably healthy and well-rested Cavs team with Kyrie and Love after the ownership of KD that LeBeast has demonstratively displayed over the course of the past half-decade, as well as RWB's consistently questionable decision-making down the stretch of tight games.

Winning 4 out of 7, all on the road, against those 3 teams would be astronomical and if it does happen I will most likely never bash the top 13-15 player in the NBA that is Russell Westbrook ever again.

Warriors... in 5.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Easily the toughest.

Beating a 67-15 team, then a 73-9 team, and then a 57-25 Cavs team that could possibly be 12-0 coming into the Finals...

you tell me.

All of the above is a big IF though.

dabigbaws
05-14-2016, 12:12 AM
When the Thunder win the chip Kevin Durant is automatically the GOAT.

It's amazing.

NBAGOAT
05-14-2016, 12:26 AM
Dallas, maybe comes close?

Not happening though. Would love to be proven wrong.

Just for reference, using average opponent SRS for regular season.

Rockets 95: 5.99
Mavs 11: 4.61
Thunder 16(if they pull it off): 6.52

Draz
05-14-2016, 12:31 AM
I'd say OKC is the underdogs right now to the road to championship.

BlazerRed
05-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Easily the toughest.

Beating a 67-15 team, then a 73-9 team, and then a 57-25 Cavs team that could possibly be 12-0 coming into the Finals...

you tell me.

All of the above is a big IF though.
This

dazzer87
05-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Dallas has the greatest run ever. They were underdog for all series.

livinglegend
05-14-2016, 12:41 AM
Dallas has the greatest run ever. They were underdog for all series.

They were not underdogs in the blazers and OKC series.

NZStreetBaller
05-14-2016, 01:21 AM
Easily the toughest. The record breaking team with the mvp.

The most well coached well oiled team possibly ever. With the dpoy guarding durant

And the fact that durant has a losing record to lebron as well.

livingby3's
05-14-2016, 02:23 AM
predicted wcf, Warriors vs Spurs

predicted finals, Warriors/Spurs vs Cavs

Those 3 were the talks to win the championship since day one of the season. so if Thunder does beat them all.. damn I will love to see that happen

Ben Simmons
05-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Easily the toughest. The record breaking team with the mvp.

The most well coached well oiled team possibly ever. With the dpoy guarding durant

And the fact that durant has a losing record to lebron as well.
He guarded Westbrook most of the time to be honest

Uncle Drew
05-14-2016, 02:30 AM
2016 Cavaliers will have the toughest run to a title.

doinitbig06
05-14-2016, 10:44 AM
I will most likely never bash the top 13-15 player in the NBA that is Russell Westbrook ever again.

Warriors... in 5.
U sounded like a individual with common sense and good reasoning until u made this retard statement. Russell restbrook is never less than top 7 boy go back to school and do sum homework

ScalsFan21
05-14-2016, 11:19 AM
U sounded like a individual with common sense and good reasoning until u made this retard statement. Russell restbrook is never less than top 7 boy go back to school and do sum homework

Lol. Say that all you want, but I believe it. His drawbacks outweigh his positives far too often. The things he does well are incredible, but he does not have a top 7 positive impact on the game of basketball, and is far lower than top 7 if we're talking about guys you want to have on your team if you're trying to win championships. I'm not backing off of that just because they beat SA and he played well in spurts that series to help them win.

There are 3 top 7 players in this upcoming Thunder-Warriors 4 or 5-game series, and their names are KD, Dray and Curry. Russell Westbrook is Klay-tier, but unlike Thompson, Westbrook actively undoes a lot of his positive production with careless mistakes, inefficient chucking from further out than his true range is, and out of control play. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts, but it doesn't lend itself to winning 4 playoff series. Judging players based on ability when they are playing at their absolute best, he's top 5. He's just not there enough to justify his insane usage rate and play style. Hopefully we see more RWB like what we saw in Game 4 of that series and the end of Game 5.

Kiddlovesnets
05-14-2016, 11:24 AM
If this happens, yes it is by far the most impressive and difficult title run, but can it happen?
:rolleyes: