PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies and Bucks should switch coasts

INDI
05-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Geographically speaking Grizzlies are an east coast team and gets the shortest end of the stick when it comes to scheduling. Since they are a west coast team they play the majority of their games on the total opposite side of the country (not cool).

I know it has something to do with the balance of east vs west coast teams and also when they were added to the league, (if I'm not mistaken I believe they started in Vancouver) nevertheless it's an inconvenience.

Add that to the fact that the east and west coast needs a few shake ups and changing coasts would be a good storyline in the league for several years, I say they should be switched with the Bucks due to them being the closest team to that country divider line we know as east coast and west coast.

Yes Milwaukee is close to Chicago but it also neighbors Minnesota (Timberwolves). Also if you look on a map you can see how Wisconsin lines up with Louisiana (Pelicans) and they would almost overlap if they were next to each other.

Bottom line the league needs some shaking up, the second best team in the east could possibly miss the playoffs if they were in the west, or would at most be a low seed. Anybody that brings up records knows that the raptors only won the amount of games they won because of the easier schedule being a east coast team. A case can truly be made by the Grizzlies owners to push for them switching coasts to start the shake up.

What other teams would you like to see switch coasts?? Imo OKC is a team that would truly shake up the league in the east (maybe adding the raptors to the west since they are a Canadian organization???)

Klay 3D
05-14-2016, 12:07 PM
It's not that bad to be honest. I can't really see a fix unless teams relocate to different cities. I only feel bad for Minnesota which is away from everything and the travel could take a toll in the long run. The T-Wolves are always at the top of most miles traveled per season. They can never enjoy a 1 hour flight in their conference match ups or at least drive. At least Memphis is relatively close to the rest of the southwest region teams.

http://www.deseretnews.com/images/article/midres/1071195/1071195.jpg

http://s32.postimg.org/3wmjcqf79/travel.png

QuebecBaller
05-14-2016, 12:25 PM
They have to switch into 4 divisions (like the NHL)

Pacific:
Portland
Sacramento
Golden State
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Phoenix
Utah
Denver

Central:
Minnesota
OKC
Milwaukee
Chicago
Indiana
Cleveland
Detroit

South:
Dallas
San Antonio
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis
Orlando
Miami
Atlanta

Atlantic:
Boston
Toronto
New York
Brooklyn
Philadelphia
Washington
Charlotte

kav23
05-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Although the conferences and divisions aren't even, the best geographical alignment is:

Western Conference
Pacific Division: Golden State, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Portland, Sacramento
Southwest Division: Dallas, Denver, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah

Eastern Conference
Atlantic Division: Boston, Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Washington
Central Division: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto
Southeast Division: Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando

Genaro
05-14-2016, 09:44 PM
It will always be a problem since there's more teams in the East (geographically)
The solution is maybe create 2 teams in West cities (Seattle for sure and one more. Las Vegas? Vancouver again? San Diego?) and send the Grizzlies and one more team to the East (Wolves or Pelicans)

DingDengDong
05-14-2016, 10:35 PM
Minnesota should switch.

BlakFrankWhite
05-15-2016, 03:31 AM
Send OKC to the east coast plz

Kiddlovesnets
05-15-2016, 04:03 AM
They should move the Bucks to Seattle, and then they will be a part of the NorthWest Division, replacing OKC Thunder. The Thunder will move to SouthWest Division, replacing Memphis Grizzlies. While Grizzlies move to SouthEast Division, replacing Washington Wizards. Then Wizards move to Atlantic Division, replacing Toronto Raptors. Finally Raptors move to Central Division, replacing Milwaukee Bucks. This way the league will look more reasonable from geographic point of view.
:rockon:

Milbuck
05-15-2016, 04:48 AM
They should move the Bucks to Seattle, and then they will be a part of the NorthWest Division, replacing OKC Thunder. The Thunder will move to SouthWest Division, replacing Memphis Grizzlies. While Grizzlies move to SouthEast Division, replacing Washington Wizards. Then Wizards move to Atlantic Division, replacing Toronto Raptors. Finally Raptors move to Central Division, replacing Milwaukee Bucks. This way the league will look more reasonable from geographic point of view.
:rockon:Or, you know, they could move a bum ass irrelevant team with far and away the shittiest future in the league, like the Nets :oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
05-15-2016, 04:51 AM
Or, you know, they could move a bum ass irrelevant team with far and away the shittiest future in the league, like the Nets :oldlol:

Lol

I've never seen a poster take so many L's on the daily like Kiddlovesnets

Kiddlovesnets
05-15-2016, 06:03 AM
Or, you know, they could move a bum ass irrelevant team with far and away the shittiest future in the league, like the Nets :oldlol:

Well speaking of irrelevance, no team has a stronger need to move Seattle than the Bucks.
:rolleyes:

INDI
05-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Send OKC to the east coast plz

Would love to see this!

Actually to assure that Durant stays I would move the team from OKC to Virginia and petition the league to send Toronto to the west coast. There would be a bunch of benefits to it.

1. They can then dominate the east coast and challenge the cavs each season
2. Durant would stay because he's closer to home, which in return would keep them marketable
3. They get out of tornado alley
4. Toronto doesn't have a say because they are not even a United States team, plus Vancouver started off as a west coast team
5. Great storyline for the league

Get it done Silver!