PDA

View Full Version : Most impressive team GSW has defeated in the playoffs

retaxis
05-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Which one do you think is the most impressive feat

Cavs without Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving
Nuggets without Carmelo Anthony (traded b4 playoffs)
Grizzlies with injured Mike Conley and old Gasol/Zbo
Portland Trailblazers with average age of 12 years old

I think their most impressive feat is defeating the nuggets whose best player was NENE. We know Nene was like prime Shaq + Jordan on that team and they beat them in the first round which was very impressive. Unfortunately they then proceeded to fold against the Spurs as expected.
The second most impressive team they beat was the Portland Trailblazers. Portland was heavily favourites with their veteran team of superstars of average age of 12yr olds but they managed to win a heavy upset against them! Amazing

However its quite unfortunate GSW is going to be wasting their time with major scrubs OKC with two scrubs who shouldn't be in the NBA (Durant and Westbrook). I think GSW will win in 3 games.

Who do you think GSW most impressive wins have been against so far?

LAZERUSS
05-14-2016, 01:39 PM
They really haven't beaten a healthy top-tier team in the last two post-seasons.

They are finally facing one now.

Ben Simmons
05-14-2016, 01:43 PM
They really haven't beaten a healthy top-tier team in the last two post-seasons.

Dont jinx it

Young X
05-14-2016, 01:53 PM
2015 Rockets

ScalsFan21
05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
To be honest their most impressive beat was the Cavs. True they were missing key pieces and others were hobbled throughout, sure, but they are still one of very few teams in the whole league that could have won that series regardless.

tamaraw08
05-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Cavs without Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving
Grizzlies with injured Mike Conley and old Gasol/Zbo
Portland Trailblazers with average age of 12 years old

I think their most impressive feat is defeating the nuggets whose best player was NENE. We know Nene was like prime Shaq + Jordan on that team and they beat them in the first round which was very impressive. Unfortunately they then proceeded to fold against the Spurs as expected.
The second most impressive team they beat was the Portland Trailblazers. Portland was heavily favourites with their veteran team of superstars of average age of 12yr olds but they managed to win a heavy upset against them! Amazing

However its quite unfortunate GSW is going to be wasting their time with major scrubs OKC with two scrubs who shouldn't be in the NBA (Durant and Westbrook). I think GSW will win in 3 games.

Who do you think GSW most impressive wins have been against so far?

Loaded question. Both Cavs and Memphis team were saddled with bad injuries and yet GSW found themselves down in the series, 1-2?.
Portland has literally no inside game, no low legit low post players etc and yet atleast 3 games, they lead at the end of the first half.

tamaraw08
05-14-2016, 03:20 PM

GREAT POINT. :rockon:
I just hope and pray no key OKC player will get injured during the series. :rockon:

Cleverness
05-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Maybe the 1975 heavy favorite Washington Bullets when the Warriors swept them 4-0, but that was impressive because they were underdogs and not a #1 seed. Now that the Warriors have won 73 games and have the top players and coaches on their team, the opponent is always inferior ;)

If you just want to include the last 6 playoff series I'd say 2015 Houston Rockets (Harden, Dwight, Ariza, J Smith, etc.)

I think you're referring to Cleveland, right?

The Warriors played 3 top tier teams in their past 6 playoff series.

Memphis was healthy (Conley wore a mask and helped inspire his team to game 2 win, and Speights was injured, but let's be honest both teams were healthy)

Houston was healthy both years and beat down 4-1 (would have been 4-0 if they didn't get ref help). If you wanna say they weren't healthy last year because Beverly wasn't playing then I guess every year almost no teams are "healthy"

Cavaliers [arguably] shouldn't have even been in the finals, but refs helped them when they waived David Blott's timeout and let LeBron hit a gamewinner. Then they swept their way into the finals without Love and Irving. We'll get to see them fully healthy and completely rested this year.

Young X
05-14-2016, 07:05 PM
^ Cavs in that form weren't a top tier team.

The Warriors should've swept them but didn't.

That was the problem with people like me. It's not their fault those teams got injured, but you at least should do what you're supposed to do and easily beat them.

Not be in danger of going down 1-3 in 2 different series.

Cleverness
05-14-2016, 07:14 PM
^ Cavs in that form weren't a top tier team.

The Warriors should've swept them but didn't.

That was the problem with people like me. It's not their fault those teams got injured, but you at least should do what you're supposed to do and easily beat them.

Not be in danger of going down 1-3 in 2 different series.

Honestly I agree with all of this. But it's only been 6 playoff series' and as a #1 seed two years in a row it's more like 4 playoff series' to choose from

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Have to be the last years Rockets.. like I said, usually first time Champs climb a big mountain, they kinda got to skip that process, and I dont see them doing so well if they would have had to, considering they looked pretty underwhelming in multiple series'... yet, they got away with it, and with that wind in their back they went for the record season.

Btw, Melo was traded before the playoffs.... after the all-star game.... THE YEAR BEFORE, lol. You'd be better off mentioning that Gallinari was injured.

retaxis
05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Yeah Rockets are probably the best if they didn't all hate each other and play predictable basketball (Harden ISO). Saying that Rockets weren't a very good team and had a lot of weaknesses. They are no where close to a healthy spurs/okc/Cleveland. Hell they were even missing their starting point guard and had Prigioni defend Curry wtf how is that fair. Heck you can hide me on defence if Prigioni is playing let alone Curry.

knicksman
05-14-2016, 07:48 PM
rockets. they beat the team that beat the defending champs:confusedshrug:

KingPush
05-14-2016, 07:49 PM
OP i thought you were a Golden State fan now?

retaxis
05-14-2016, 07:52 PM
OP i thought you were a Golden State fan now?
I am a fan of the NBA first and foremost. Who wins doesn't affect me since I am Australian but i have my favourites

KingPush
05-14-2016, 07:53 PM
I am a fan of the NBA first and foremost. Who wins doesn't affect me since I am Australian but i have my favourites
Warriors vs Cavs in the finals, who will you root for?

retaxis
05-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Warriors vs Cavs in the finals, who will you root for?
Whoever ends up having a better and more dominant series/play style. I would feel better for Lebron if he wins it though because it would mean so much more for his city, his legacy and above all to decapitate his enemy and 73-9. Saying that though I think OKC will beat GSWs.

KingPush
05-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Whoever ends up having a better and more dominant series/play style. I would feel better for Lebron if he wins it though because it would mean so much more for his city, his legacy and above all to decapitate his enemy and 73-9. Saying that though I think OKC will beat GSWs.
You are the most shameless bandwagoner i've ever met

retaxis
05-14-2016, 08:26 PM
You are the most shameless bandwagoner i've ever met
How so? I am a NBA fan and i don't really care who wins in the end. A better story line would be Lebron but if Curry wins I won't care. Do i have to be emotionally invested to watch NBA or something? I don't live in America so why the hell should I care

KingPush
05-14-2016, 08:28 PM
How so? I am a NBA fan and i don't really care who wins in the end. A better story line would be Lebron but if Curry wins I won't care. Do i have to be emotionally invested to watch NBA or something? I don't live in America so why the hell should I care
maybe you should stop watching sports

retaxis
05-14-2016, 08:32 PM
maybe you should stop watching sports
Take your advice kid, maybe you will be less mad all the time at life. Its hard rooting for 2/7 isn't it? Especially when you live vicariously through him.

KingPush
05-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Take your advice kid, maybe you will be less mad all the time at life. Its hard rooting for 2/7 isn't it? Especially when you live vicariously through him.
Hopping onto the Golden State wagon again? :roll:

tpols
05-14-2016, 09:28 PM
The best team the cavaliers have beaten since the return of bran is an injury ridden, imploding Atlanta hawks team .. and they did it w/o Love or Irving healthy.

Genaro
05-14-2016, 09:54 PM

:biggums:
Please check your facts. Carmelo was traded February 22, 2011.
Nene was traded March 15, 2012
Warriors defeated the Nuggets in the 2013 playoffs. Nuggets best player was Iggy or Ty Lawson. The team had also Faried, Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller and Javalle McGee. Gallinari got hurt before the playoffs, after a good season.

retaxis
05-14-2016, 10:37 PM
:biggums:
Please check your facts. Carmelo was traded February 22, 2011.
Nene was traded March 15, 2012
Warriors defeated the Nuggets in the 2013 playoffs. Nuggets best player was Iggy or Ty Lawson. The team had also Faried, Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller and Javalle McGee. Gallinari got hurt before the playoffs, after a good season.
Sounds like they had to beat a team led by Javale McGee and Andre "only know how to post up as a PG" Miller. Thats pretty impressive by GSW probably one of the tops the time they almost beat the clippers.

raprap
05-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Depleted Cavs team

Sportal
05-14-2016, 10:43 PM
2015 Rockets

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Prime_Shaq
05-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Wasn't Melo traded in 2011?

Terahite
05-15-2016, 09:46 AM
People answering the 2015 Rockets are only confirming GSW's status as an asterisk team. :lol Also the 2015 and 2016 Rockets are virtually the same roster sans McHale. Pretty sure last year's Cavs were the most "impressive" team they've faced in the playoffs. OKC should be their first legit opponent in the Kerr era.