PDA

View Full Version : KD

Klay 3D
05-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Besides the obvious Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and Cavs, which other playoff team with Durant would've been definitely better than what the Thunder is right now?

ScalsFan21
05-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Besides the obvious Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and Cavs, which other playoff team with Durant would've been definitely better than what the Thunder is right now?

Specifically it's hard to say which ones, but I really do think that he'd be better served with a PG who doesn't lead the league in usage rate. Westbrook is a highly gifted player but he's the most overrated active player in the game right now. Lillard gets his shots but I think he'd be a solid fit with that group (Aminu at the 4 permanently). Maybe Toronto if they had a sniper instead of DeMar.

I don't think it's a short list.

I think the most interesting thing for me is the fact that I'm not convinced that putting Durant on top of what Houston had this year would have gotten them out of at most the second round. That IMO is the most unpredictable destination out of the other playoff teams.

As far as DEFINITELY better, it's tough to say, but I think at the very least there are a few destinations where they would have a CHANCE to be as good or better.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-14-2016, 04:01 PM
I think in Miami with Bosh playing would be interesting.

But I agree in the sense that OKC is consistently one of the legit contenders every year, pacing 60+ wins, and has a young roster with room for improvement. If Durant is going to championship chase, he better damn join a team like the Warriors or Cavs because chances are he would end up on a worse team.

Uncle Drew
05-14-2016, 04:02 PM
Blazers.

imdaman99
05-14-2016, 04:04 PM
There's no guarantee he gels with every team like he has with current OKC. OKC just dispatched a 67 win team, he has good players around him with another superstar. He is in a good situation. Obviously if you put him on a team and replace OKC's roster with some shit like Kyle Singler, they will be better than OKC.

ZMonkey11
05-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Maybe not his year, but if KD would join the Pistons, the Pistons could be winning rings for a while. I think the Pistons compliment KD perfectly and they have a coach who, you know, coaches.

Unfortunately...no ties and he got beef with sir Reggie.

imdaman99
05-14-2016, 04:08 PM
What's the obsession with people in KD joining a superteam? I swear, having 'the face of the NBA' colluding and ditching teams to join other stacked teams has made people think it's OK for players to take the easy way out. Don't be that guy, KD.

Klay 3D
05-14-2016, 04:49 PM
There's no guarantee he gels with every team like he has with current OKC. OKC just dispatched a 67 win team, he has good players around him with another superstar. He is in a good situation. Obviously if you put him on a team and replace OKC's roster with some shit like Kyle Singler, they will be better than OKC.
That's what I'm saying. I'm not convinced any team would be a definite upgrade over his own Thunder team. He's got it good there unless he wants to be a b1tch and join with Curry or Lebron. Evaluating the situation, he's almost a lock to sign 1 more year with the Thunder with a player option.

KingPush
05-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Replace him with Deng on the Heat and they would win it all

ZMonkey11
05-15-2016, 01:30 PM
What's the obsession with people in KD joining a superteam? I swear, having 'the face of the NBA' colluding and ditching teams to join other stacked teams has made people think it's OK for players to take the easy way out. Don't be that guy, KD.

Given the question took the super teams out of the equation, what is your obsession with talking about KD joining super teams? The question clearly takes the best teams out of the fold....

Joining a new team is not always the easy way out. You fit in some places better than others.

Reading comprehension. Can you do it?

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Given the question took the super teams out of the equation, what is your obsession with talking about KD joining super teams? The question clearly takes the best teams out of the fold....

Joining a new team is not always the easy way out. You fit in some places better than others.

Reading comprehension. Can you do it?

pretty much