PDA

View Full Version : how many star players have...

AirBonner
05-14-2016, 05:53 PM
had the luxury of being able to sit out almost 2 full rounds of playoff basketball and still be in position to win a championship?

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2016, 05:59 PM
It happened just last year with Kyrie.. or Bosh in 2012 if you consider him one.

AirBonner
05-14-2016, 06:04 PM
It happened just last year with Kyrie.. or Bosh in 2012 if you consider him one.
Talking about best players on the team.

GrapeApe
05-14-2016, 06:07 PM

I assume he's referring to guys who are their team's best player/first option. To answer the question, probably none. I don't remember there ever being a team that reached the conference finals when their best player missed significant time in the playoffs.

Done_And_Done
05-14-2016, 06:08 PM
It's hard to say as the sample sizes are small.

hypotheticals, hypethicals....

AirBonner
05-14-2016, 06:09 PM
It's hard to say as the sample sizes are small.

hypotheticals, hypethicals....
would you say there is only one sample of this?

Done_And_Done
05-14-2016, 06:14 PM
I mean in regards to the frequency where this has happened. Nobody can refute the sheer dominance that is this iteration of the Warriors.

But we can only make assumptions on past runs simply because the best player's usually play, come playoff time.

If you ask me, I believe the Heatles could have gone to the finals in at least one of those seasons without Lebron. Who knows though...

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2016, 06:16 PM
A life of pleasures and luxury is what King smallwood James II/VII gets every year before June :bowdown:

Crimsonrain777
05-14-2016, 06:18 PM
would you say there is only one sample of this?

not really... Rockets are a horrible defensive team despite their offense and the dubs would still be playing Portland if Curry didnt come back when he did. they wouldve lost game 4 without him and who knows how game 5 wouldve gone with the way Lillard and Mccollum were getting better it seems with every passing game.

so technically. they only won one series without Curry and that was against a horrible defensive team in the Rockets. and if they couldnt beat them without Curry, then they were never championship contenders in the first place

juju151111
05-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Well u would have to have the same situation. 8 seeded team imploding within then the 6 seed after because cp3 and blake got injured. Also Steph came back in game 4 and was the +35 after his team was down 16 in the 1st q.

Cleverness
05-14-2016, 06:31 PM
had the luxury of being able to sit out almost 2 full rounds of playoff basketball and still be in position to win a championship?

This is a terrible question, but I will help you out

Stephen Curry is the only MVP to be injured and play in 4 of 10 total games in the first and second round of the playoffs, but still be in a position to win an NBA championship.

FKAri
05-14-2016, 06:37 PM
This is a terrible question, but I will help you out

Stephen Curry is the only MVP to be injured and play in 4 of 10 total games in the first and second round of the playoffs, but still be in a position to win an NBA championship.
$tacked

ImKobe
05-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Steph played in both series though...GS don't win the last two games without him, especially the OT game where they were down double digits early in the game without him. He played in 4 out of their 8 wins.

Cleverness
05-14-2016, 07:01 PM
$tacked

Yes, I agree that Cleveland is pretty $tacked. $tacked is a good word to describe them because they have the highest payroll with 10 free agents colluding with LeBron lol

As for the Warriors, they're stacked too. 73 wins in the west, GOAT stacked wow :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2016, 07:06 PM

gotta say that then, in the title.

I mean in regards to the frequency where this has happened. Nobody can refute the sheer dominance that is this iteration of the Warriors.

But we can only make assumptions on past runs simply because the best player's usually play, come playoff time.

If you ask me, I believe the Heatles could have gone to the finals in at least one of those seasons without Lebron. Who knows though...

the fck? When?

AirBonner
05-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Yes, I agree that Cleveland is pretty $tacked. $tacked is a good word to describe them because they have the highest payroll with 10 free agents colluding with LeBron lol

As for the Warriors, they're stacked too. 73 wins in the west, GOAT stacked wow :bowdown:
Cavs only have one all star

COnDEMnED
05-14-2016, 08:41 PM
LeBonBron mentally checked out of the finals in 2011 and 2014. His luxury was he could have sat out the first 2 rounds each year(76ers,Celtics 2011/ Bobcats,Nets 2014) and still would have made it to the Leastern Conference Finals.

Prime_Shaq
05-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Jordan?

DingDengDong
05-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Well how many 1st seeds have had their start go down? This is one of the benefits of being 1st seed. The 1st 2 rounds should be against inferior teams.

Gileraracer
05-15-2016, 05:33 AM

Yeah. Kyrie in 2015 and Bosh in 2012 still