PDA

View Full Version : How Did Toronto Win 56 Games?

eliteballer
05-15-2016, 04:37 PM
My goodness....that's 4 away from 60!

They have to be in the conversation for worst 55+win team ever.

ImKobe
05-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Eastern Conference

Lowry played much better in the regular season, remember the close game against Cleveland where he went off.

Just like the Hawks last year. Great regular season team, not built to win in the Playoffs.

k0kakw0rld
05-15-2016, 04:42 PM
My goodness....that's 4 away from 60!

They have to be in the conversation for worse 55+win team ever.
How did Miami finish 3rd in the East? :confusedshrug:

stephanieg
05-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Same way the Hawks won 60 last year.

Born Sinner
05-15-2016, 04:44 PM
East.

56 in the east is equal to 42 in the west

Young X
05-15-2016, 04:45 PM
You're looking at them now with Lowry and Derozan struggling for most of the playoffs. They played like top 5 players at their positions during the regular season. That's mainly the difference.

Uncle Drew
05-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Neither team is much better than the Sixers.

Fudge
05-15-2016, 04:49 PM
The East is an absolute bloodbath, eliteidiot.

imdaman99
05-15-2016, 04:50 PM
They have good players but the difference in a playoff series is that teams figure them out because it's 4-7 games in a row with them.

Young X
05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Raps would've still been the 3rd/4th seed if they were in the west. Only teams in the league clearly better than them are the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder and Cavs.

kamil
05-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Raps would've still been the 3rd/4th seed if they were in the west.
LOL, yeah right

El Gato Negro
05-15-2016, 05:25 PM
By scoring more points than the opposition.

Nick Young
05-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Leastern Conference. Nuf sed.

NBAGOAT
05-15-2016, 05:53 PM
the way toronto is playing right now is the way they played during the regular season

Just2McFly
05-15-2016, 05:55 PM
They are a great team, if Derozan and Ross actually progressed and became better players they would be elite and winning 65+ year in and year out. However, since that they are trash and I am starting to doubt they take the game seriously when it comes to development and training, we aren't gonna take that step anytime soon.

I'm fully expecting us to get slapped up against the Cavs.

tpols
05-15-2016, 06:03 PM
They are a great team, if Derozan and Ross actually progressed and became better players they would be elite and winning 65+ year in and year out. However, since that they are trash and I am starting to doubt they take the game seriously when it comes to development and training, we aren't gonna take that step anytime soon.

yea ... I'm sure the raptors were step away from being a perrenial 65 win team lmao.

Optimus Prime
05-15-2016, 06:06 PM
They are in the Leastern Conference and get to beat up on AAU teams most of the season.

Seriously...Duke would be a Top 4 seed in the Least.

:kobe:

Bigsmoke
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
2 all star guards and a good center in Jonas Valančiūnas helps

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM
You're looking at them now with Lowry and Derozan struggling for most of the playoffs. They played like top 5 players at their positions during the regular season. That's mainly the difference.

This.

The dropoff from both, especially from Kyle, is why they have struggled so much. The rest of the team were either above average, average, and below average role players. If they played to their RS form, they would have ended both their series sooner.

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2016, 06:10 PM

Ross never had a high ceiling. DeMar actually improved a lot but not on 2 key things in today's league, top level shooting and defense.

NBAGOAT
05-15-2016, 06:12 PM

did you mean 55 instead of 65.

Disaprine
05-15-2016, 06:17 PM
the "beastern" conference. :applause:

https://i.imgsafe.org/49973c4.jpg

Just2McFly
05-15-2016, 11:40 PM
Ross never had a high ceiling. DeMar actually improved a lot but not on 2 key things in today's league, top level shooting and defense.

The Raps won 49 last year with Lowry and Derozan both shooting 41% percent and JV only playing 26 minutes a game.

They won 56 games this season with JV again getting only 26 minutes a game and Ross only averaging 9.9 PPG.

Coming out of school a lot of people thought Ross had a high ceiling and could be a dangerous player, obviously not a superstar level player but definitely a fringe all star. He's got all the skills imo, I think he's just not focused. He's too into the lifestyle attached to it because it's Toronto.

If Ross/Derozan actually didn't play like a bonehead all the time, this team would NASTY.

And to address the bolded...if you improve everything but your defense and shooting......why did you even train if those were your main weaknesses to begin with?

bigkingsfan
05-15-2016, 11:41 PM
By losing 26 times.

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2016, 02:15 AM
The Raps won 49 last year with Lowry and Derozan both shooting 41% percent and JV only playing 26 minutes a game.

They won 56 games this season with JV again getting only 26 minutes a game and Ross only averaging 9.9 PPG.

They won 49 games but had a losing record vs.500+ teams. They were one of the worst teams post ASB and were even worse defensively. The Raptors produced petter offensively and defensively on the court when Jonas wasn't om the floor, at least according to plus-minus.

Not to mention the East was weaker last year while Lowry's injuries really put the final nail in last year's teams. There was a lot of offensive pop on that team but not the right mix and the team benefited of an early weak schedule. Letting Lou and Vasquez go were the right moves in the off season.

Coming out of school a lot of people thought Ross had a high ceiling and could be a dangerous player, obviously not a superstar level player but definitely a fringe all star. He's got all the skills imo, I think he's just not focused. He's too into the lifestyle attached to it because it's Toronto.

If Ross/Derozan actually didn't play like a bonehead all the time, this team would NASTY.

Ross's hype in high school doesn't mean much to me once there are many scouts saying he's "NBA ready" come draft night. He lacks size and strong handles to create much on offense. That's why saying he's a fringe all-star is kinda stretching it, he's not even their best bench player. Cory and Pat have been neck and neck for most of the season. Even Biyombo has been better than him.

DeMar is frustrating, but he can always have a big night or 2. The Raps don't have many options so he's the defacto #1 scoring option. I just wish he could be more like Kyle and do other things than just chuck. He was doing well enough of it in the RS.

And to address the bolded...if you improve everything but your defense and shooting......why did you even train if those were your main weaknesses to begin with?

I would say at least him coming off curls has been effective for his mid-range. Teams just doesn't run enough of them, which is kinda odd.

His handles and passing were worse. He couldn't read traps properly either early on hos career. I wouldn't say he's completely useless on defense, he can be adequate to good when he's locked in... It's the talent that lacks, not the best foot speed and prone to gamble.

Poetry
05-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Only teams in the league clearly better than them are the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder and Cavs.

Bulls went 4-0 against them in the regular season :D

oarabbus
05-16-2016, 03:35 AM
What if Indiana and Miami were actually underrated :confusedshrug:

Done_And_Done
05-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Bulls went 4-0 against them in the regular season :D

One of those teams that just has our number (year in and out). There was a collective sigh from the Raps fan base when they caked out of the playoff contention last month.