PDA

View Full Version : Movie Captain America is stronger than comicbook version

Smook B
05-15-2016, 07:01 PM
The stuff that he did in CW was beyond super solider. This guy held a moving helicopter from leaving with one arm and pulled it back from taking off. He probably did other things but that feat was stuck in my head.

He's more stronger than his comic version.

Smook B
05-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Come to think of it Captain America is the only MCU character that is stronger than his comic book counter part.

Nilocon165
05-15-2016, 07:07 PM
ok

9erempiree
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
This is why we don't like Captain America.

They made him just as strong as Spiderman.:facepalm

Smook B
05-15-2016, 07:14 PM

He overpowered him during the airport fight even though Spiderman outclasses him by a lot.

Nilocon165
05-15-2016, 07:19 PM

Pretty crazy how a boring character like him still manages to have movies 10x better than BvS right?

fsvr54
05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
This is my issue with these movies, all these guys are indestructible. When is one of the main characters going to die, when are the bad guys going to win. No tension when you know everyone will be alright.

Draz
05-15-2016, 07:31 PM
This is my issue with these movies, all these guys are indestructible. When is one of the main characters going to die, when are the bad guys going to win. No tension when you know everyone will be alright.
Pretty much. They need to make them weaker. More flaws.

fiddy
05-15-2016, 07:35 PM
The stuff that he did in CW was beyond super solider. This guy held a moving helicopter from leaving with one arm and pulled it back from taking off. He probably did other things but that feat was stuck in my head.

He's more stronger than his comic version.
Grown ass man caring about this garbage :roll:

kurple
05-15-2016, 07:56 PM
You dont get the concept of superhero movies

CelticBaller
05-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Um, he has super strength in the comics too

Jameerthefear
05-15-2016, 08:27 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111131355/4078786-2712864537-40678.jpg

ZeN
05-15-2016, 08:37 PM
Um, he has super strength in the comics too
This

CelticBaller
05-15-2016, 08:42 PM
He overpowered him during the airport fight even though Spiderman outclasses him by a lot.
So captain does have super strength, and all he did was out smart him

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Wait...they had him overpower Spiderman in CW?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Jameerthefear
05-15-2016, 08:53 PM

it was also young, inexperienced spidey who hadn't had the suit that long

Smook B
05-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Yup he's getting stronger in each movie watch him hold his own against thanos in the future lol.

Smook B
05-15-2016, 09:00 PM
So captain does have super strength, and all he did was out smart him

I know but he's more stronger than his comic book version the only MCU character that is.

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 09:00 PM
it was also young, inexperienced spidey who hadn't had the suit that long

It's not even consistent, though. Cap and Winter Soldier/Bucky had competitive fights in the previous movie and Spiderman effortlessly caught a punch thrown by Bucky...so how exactly would Captain America be able to overpower him? Aren't CA and WS supposed to be about even?

IcanzIIravor
05-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Yup he's getting stronger in each movie.
You realize it is 15 year old Spidey who is still learning his abilities, right? I mean they emphasized it over and over in the movie.

CelticBaller
05-15-2016, 09:02 PM
I know but he's more stronger than his comic book version the only MCU character that is.
He can lift over 1000 pounds with ease in the comics

And no he didn't overpower Spider-Man, all he did was outsmart him in a fight.

Smook B
05-15-2016, 09:04 PM
You realize it is 15 year old Spidey who is still learning his abilities, right? I mean they emphasized it over and over in the movie.

6 months isn't a short time to learn his powers. He handled both Bucky and Falcon in the fight prior to fighting Captain America.

kurple
05-15-2016, 09:15 PM
It's not even consistent, though. Cap and Winter Soldier/Bucky had competitive fights in the previous movie and Spiderman effortlessly caught a punch thrown by Bucky...so how exactly would Captain America be able to overpower him? Aren't CA and WS supposed to be about even?
this guy acting like he hadnt seen CW lol

and Cap is plenty strong in the comicbook universe

kurple
05-15-2016, 09:17 PM
6 months isn't a short time to learn his powers. He handled both Bucky and Falcon in the fight prior to fighting Captain America.
they also spent 10 minutes before thinking of sweeping the legs of godzilla antman

its a movie. not like its a noteworthy plothole or anything

ZeN
05-15-2016, 09:29 PM
that's not true...at all

Smook B
05-15-2016, 09:33 PM
that's not true...at all

He's stronger than Captain America (616) and about the range of Ultimate Captain America.

Smook B
05-15-2016, 09:41 PM
He's getting stronger throughout each movie.

9erempiree
05-15-2016, 10:39 PM
All I know is Captain America is strong as hell.

I was laughing when he pulled that helicopter. No physics were given a fack there.

jamal99
05-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Grown ass man caring about this garbage :roll:
Such a Balkan thing to say. Live and let others live...

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 11:07 PM
this guy acting like he hadnt seen CW lol

and Cap is plenty strong in the comicbook universe

I haven't? I haven't seen any of the MCU movies in the theatre...the last superhero movie I've seen in the theatre was probably Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer back in 07. I have always liked Spiderman though.

bdreason
05-15-2016, 11:09 PM
I think it's more that Spiderman is under-powered in the movies compared to the comics. I was never a comic kid, but I remember comic Spidey swinging tanks like baseball bats.

bluechox2
05-15-2016, 11:12 PM
i dont like the "tony stark as spidermans father figure" plot they are pushing

Nilocon165
05-15-2016, 11:18 PM
i dont like the "tony stark as spidermans father figure" plot they are pushing
I think it's fine. They have great chemistry.

9erempiree
05-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Huge reason why people didn't like Civil War is Captain America is too strong. Making him that strong is equivalent to making Superman not able to fly.

kurple
05-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Huge reason why people didn't like Civil War is Captain America is too strong. Making him that strong is equivalent to making Superman not able to fly.
Lol

Nilocon165
05-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Stick to emo DC movies

FashionIssues
05-16-2016, 12:12 AM
CA is a lab rat super human. In the comics and perfectly depicted in the movies.

CelticBaller
05-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Those people are a really small minority nobody gives a **** about them lmao

And Cap has always been super strong

DingDengDong
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Pretty crazy how a boring character like him still manages to have movies 10x better than BvS right?
:applause:

DingDengDong
05-16-2016, 11:05 AM
So a random thought about his "strength" that was dumb (didn't ruin the movie, just a random dumb physics thing). At one point, Captain America jumps and grabs a helicopter and brings it down. He didn't violently shake it or anything, just strained until the helicopter came down. The physics of this makes no sense, because it was meant to demonstrate his strength, but weight is the only thing that would bring it down in that situation (unlike when he grabbed a ledge with one hand and the helicopter with the other).

Micku
05-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Captain America beat Spiderman in the Civil War arc in the comics.

It was a plot shield and ppl were arguing about it then. People that complain about it is making too much of a big deal out of it if you ask me. It's not like he straight up beat him either in the movie either. He just outsmarted/tactic him. Cap always had better skills than Spidy. Cap is supposed to be one of the best martial artists in the Marvel universe.

At the same time tho, Spidy is stronger, faster, more agile, and spider sense. This showed this when he was fighting Bucky and Falcon. He should make short work of the Cap, both in comics and movie, but nope.

If this was a Spiderman movie, then Cap would've lost. It's the same thing in the comic tbh. Ironman outclass Spiderman. But in the Spiderman comic "One More Day" Spidy beat Ironman and totally outsmarted him. Hell, in the comics, Cap beat the Hulk at one point. So meh. It depends on the writer.

With that said tho, MCU Captain America is about on par with his comic book version. Cap in the comic book did some crazy stuff. Like Daredevil, Hawk Eye, and Bucky are peak human, and Cap is stronger and faster than them in the comics. Movie version is probably the same. He might be a little stronger, but Cap in the comics has better feats so far in terms of fighting.

I get the complaints about how they made Ironman weaker tho. He's still stronger than Cap and many of the other heroes in the movies, but they made him weaker in comparison to his comicbook version. Same with Thor and stuff.

rezznor
05-16-2016, 09:34 PM
remember that one time superman flew around the earth so fast he turned back time?

newsflash: it's comics...

9erempiree
05-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Captain America is too strong.

They turned him to a wanna-be Superman.

At this rate he can be considered GOAT hero and we all know he is nowhere near that.

For the same of discussion is there anyone better than him? And i think he sucks.

KyrieTheFuture
05-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Spiderman has a strength of 20 tons and CA has 1200 pounds

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale

Groot can lift over 100 tons and so can Iron man

nightprowler10
05-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Spiderman has a strength of 20 tons and CA has 1200 pounds

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale

Groot can lift over 100 tons and so can Iron man
This makes me think that CA shouldn't have been able to punch Tony's suit apart.

CelticBaller
05-17-2016, 01:19 AM
Captain America is too strong.

They turned him to a wanna-be Superman.

At this rate he can be considered GOAT hero and we all know he is nowhere near that.

For the same of discussion is there anyone better than him? And i think he sucks.
He's always been this strong, he has fought on par with a lot of people in the comics and he's been considered one of the best superheroes for decades

It ain't nobody's fault you're uneducated on the character

9erempiree
05-17-2016, 01:31 AM
This makes me think that CA shouldn't have been able to punch Tony's suit apart.

This.

That shit bothered me too. The suit stood up against aliens and explosions.

Then Captain America squashes it.

Micku
05-17-2016, 02:17 AM
This.

That shit bothered me too. The suit stood up against aliens and explosions.

Then Captain America squashes it.

He did it with the shield, which contains vibranium, one of the strongest metal. Or I think it is the strongest metal in Marvel. I forget. It's basically the same as the comic. Tho comic Ironman stumps Cap much easier in the comics than in the movie if he isn't gimped.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/civilwar7c.jpg