PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody think Lowry is better than...

Young X
05-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Paul ever was?

He just did something Paul will probably never do and has had a terrific season.

Both arguably top 5 players at their position right now. Who's better?

Chris is clearly better for me but my opinion of him is higher than most.

imdaman99
05-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Why are you so insecure? We've seen Paul melt down plenty in the 2nd round, this doesn't take away from the fact that Lowry was the best player on the floor of a game 7 and got his team to the Conference Finals.

No one will ever take Lowry over CP3, but there's no reason to bring him up to bring down Lowry's great game 7.

Real14
05-15-2016, 07:06 PM
I think Cp3 is a bitch for never getting to the Wcf but I would never put that overrated bitch Lowry over him.

avonbarksdale
05-15-2016, 07:08 PM
yes. lowry has been to the ecf, paul has not been to the wcf

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Why are you so insecure? We've seen Paul melt down plenty in the 2nd round, this doesn't take away from the fact that Lowry was the best player on the floor of a game 7 and got his team to the Conference Finals.

No one will ever take Lowry over CP3, but there's no reason to bring him up to bring down Lowry's great game 7.

how is he doing that?

Jesus people so insecure these days... hes merely making a point.

tpols
05-15-2016, 07:09 PM
paul is like a super charged version of lowry.. easily better but with the same bitch ass tactics that come back to bite him in the ass.

Real14
05-15-2016, 07:11 PM
yes. lowry has been to the ecf, paul has not been to the wcf
:oldlol:

oarabbus
Paul ever was?

He just did something Paul will probably never do and has had a terrific season.

Both arguably top 5 players at their position right now. Who's better?

Chris is clearly better for me but my opinion of him is higher than most.

I'll be real here... how can you seriously say that Lowry is better than CP3? Chalmers made it to the ECF and Finals and even won rings. Is he therefore better than CP3 and Lowry? Is Mo Williams? Rajon Rondo? How about Rafer Alston? All did "something Paul will probably never do" and had great seasons.

DoctorP
absolutely not

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 07:16 PM
you're ish's last cp3 stan and I respect that but we gotta call a spade a spade.

paul twice choked away a chance at the wcf. literally twice.

on lowry's first chance to make the ecf, while his own teammate chucked his life away, lowry dropped 35 points and scored over 30 points 3 times in the series.

he's on a different level now. :applause:

leMVP
05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Both are flopping piece of trash, But no way Lowry is better than Cp3 from basktball perspective.

Young X
05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
I'll be real here... how can you seriously say that Lowry is better than CP3? Chalmers made it to the ECF and Finals and even won rings. Is he therefore better than CP3 and Lowry? Is Mo Williams? Rajon Rondo? How about Rafer Alston? All did "something Paul will probably never do" and had great seasons.Chalmers isn't an all-star like Paul and Lowry and he isn't the leader of his team. Not the same thing.

And @imdaman99 I'm not insecure at all. I watch both players alot and I legititmately wanna know who people think is better. Especially after what Lowry is doing in the playoffs.

oarabbus
05-15-2016, 07:21 PM
Chalmers isn't an all-star like Paul and Lowry and he isn't the leader of his team. Not the same thing.

Yeah, that was an extreme example. But then how about someone like Chauncey Billups? And Rondo, Parker, and Jeff Teague are good examples too. Idk man, can you really say that all the above mentioned guys (who were either leaders or all stars multiple times) are all better than CP3 regardless of the choking?

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah, that was an extreme example. But then how about someone like Chauncey Billups? And Rondo, Parker, and Jeff Teague are good examples too. Idk man, can you really say that all the above mentioned guys (who were either leaders or all stars multiple times) are all better than CP3 regardless of the choking?

billups is better that shouldn't be much of a debate. champion and fmvp + multiple conference finals + extremely clutch.

rondo and cp3 are pretty much the same player.

parker is better by shear accolades.

teague is no.

and lowry just surpassed him.

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2016, 07:50 PM
No way.

People would be massive prisoners of the moment and just borderline irrational to consider such a thing. Not going to bother going into detail because this isn't the place for it.

Grey Dawn
05-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Cp3 wins the lifetime overrated reward.

Tony Parker is 5x cp3

NBAGOAT
05-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Lowry's been too poor in the playoffs to make up for not being as good as cp3 in the regular season(cp3 is fine in the playoffs too). However, for like 75% of the year, there was a good argument Lowry was better than CP3 this year. He finished poorly however while Cp3 was great at the end of the year. Really hard to say yea when he might've not even been better than cp3 this year let alone 08-09 cp3.

Young X
05-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Lowry's been too poor in the playoffs to make up for not being as good as cp3 in the regular season(cp3 is fine in the playoffs too). However, for like 75% of the year, there was a good argument Lowry was better than CP3 this year. He finished poorly however while Cp3 was great at the end of the year. Really hard to say yea when he might've not even been better than cp3 this year let alone 08-09 cp3.Yeah, but Lowry came through when it mattered most.

Back in 2008, CP3 was in the same exact position as Lowry today and didn't get it done.

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
billups is better that shouldn't be much of a debate. champion and fmvp + multiple conference finals + extremely clutch.

teague is no.

This might be the stupidest post you've ever made...and you've made a couple thousand. Billups is better than CP3? Rondo and cp3 are pretty much the same player? You're a ****ing moron.

Graviton
05-15-2016, 08:54 PM
I don't think anyone outside trolls would think that Lowry is better than CP3, especially peak vs peak. Even current over 30 twice injured CP3 was better than Lowry this season. If he didn't get injured vs Blazers along with Griffin, Clips woulda pushed the Warriors to 6-7 games. Best the Craptors did with Lowry is barely beat the Pacers in 7 who just had Paul George and Ellis. Then went to 7 again vs Heat who just had old man Wade and a D league squad to help him.

CP3 and Lowry are on different tiers. You can use any metric, raw numbers, efficiency, eye test, accolades, Olympic success. Only PGs you can compare to CP3 is Curry/Westbrook, Lowry is in that Lilard/Kyrie/Wall level. It's like comparing lions to house cats.

NBAGOAT
05-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but Lowry came through when it mattered most.

Back in 2008, CP3 was in the same exact position as Lowry today and didn't get it done.

true but he played fine vs the Spurs in the game they lost. Also kind of hard to fault him for not beating the Spurs. Same reason I still have peak KG over most other PF's even though he didn't get it done vs the Lakers(like Malone Barkley 11 Dirk etc). They were too good during the regular season and lost to better teams while still playing fine.

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't think anyone outside trolls would think that Lowry is better than CP3, especially peak vs peak. Even current over 30 twice injured CP3 was better than Lowry this season. If he didn't get injured vs Blazers along with Griffin, Clips woulda pushed the Warriors to 6-7 games. Best the Craptors did with Lowry is barely beat the Pacers in 7 who just had Paul George and Ellis. Then went to 7 again vs Heat who just had old man Wade and a D league squad to help him.

CP3 and Lowry are on different tiers. You can use any metric, raw numbers, efficiency, eye test, accolades, Olympic success. Only PGs you can compare to CP3 is Curry/Westbrook, Lowry is in that Lilard/Kyrie/Wall level. It's like comparing lions to house cats.

https://m.popkey.co/7e8e08/rbdWv.gif

Young X
05-15-2016, 09:09 PM

CP3 and Lowry are on different tiers. You can use any metric, raw numbers, efficiency, eye test, accolades, Olympic success. Only PGs you can compare to CP3 is Curry/Westbrook, Lowry is in that Lilard/Kyrie/Wall level. It's like comparing lions to house cats.Looking at metrics, numbers, efficiency is completely useless when it comes to CP3. It literally means nothing.

If the two are on different tiers then why hasn't Paul been able to do what Lowry just did with his team?

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Looking at metrics, numbers, efficiency is completely useless when it comes to CP3. It literally means nothing.

If the two are on different tiers then why hasn't Paul been able to do what Lowry just did with his team?

Because CP3 has never played a team like the heat, who are without 2 of their 3 best players, in the west in the playoffs. That and he's just unlucky. (injuries)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2016, 09:12 PM

Pretty much this.

They play in TOTALLY different conferences; unfortunately people lack critical thinking skills.

Draz
05-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Nah
CP3 a btch tho

bdreason
05-15-2016, 09:13 PM
CP3 would be in the CF's every year if he played out East.

tpols
05-15-2016, 09:41 PM
This might be the stupidest post you've ever made...and you've made a couple thousand.

:oldlol:

lol, smoke bout to go off the deep end

ZMonkey11
05-15-2016, 09:46 PM

teague is no.

Woah. I'm a die-hard Pistons fan and can't make that comment. Not even to lie about man.

G-train
05-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Chris Paul is one of the best point guards of all time.
Lowry has played a couple good seasons.

AirBonner
05-15-2016, 09:51 PM
CP3 would be in the CF's every year if he played out East.
kind of like Carmelo right?:rolleyes:

Young X
05-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Woah. I'm a die-hard Pistons fan and can't make that comment. Not even to lie about man.Billups won a ring, FMVP and went to 7 straight conference finals at one point.

I'm a supporter of Paul but how do I rank him over all these guys who have been more successful in the playoffs?

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 10:11 PM
This might be the stupidest post you've ever made...and you've made a couple thousand. Billups is better than CP3? Rondo and cp3 are pretty much the same player? You're a ****ing moron.

you are a walking alcohol anonymous ad plus you're delusional put the beer down drunk boi before it becomes your last.

cp3 would give his left arm to have billups's career. champion, fmvp, extremely successful, extremely clutch.

rondo has lead the league in assits numerous times, has scored over 40 points in the playoffs, champion, etc, etc.

G-train
05-15-2016, 10:18 PM
Billups won a ring, FMVP and went to 7 straight conference finals at one point.

I'm a supporter of Paul but how do I rank him over all these guys who have been more successful in the playoffs?

Paul is a better individual player than Billups.
Bit more to it than team success.
Having watched both their careers, I can't see how you can rank Billups near Paul individually. Very large gap.
I'm taking 2009 Paul over any point guard ever barring Magic, and Paul was no slouch every other season. Definitely a top 6-7 point guard ever.
I swear the average poster memory is 3 hours around here.

HylianNightmare
05-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Least

NBAGOAT
you are a walking alcohol anonymous ad plus you're delusional put the beer down drunk boi before it becomes your last.

cp3 would give his left arm to have billups's career. champion, fmvp, extremely successful, extremely clutch.

rondo has lead the league in assits numerous times, has scored over 40 points in the playoffs, champion, etc, etc.

the rondo stuff is laughable. He scored 40 once doesn't change the fact that he's just not a good scorer at the pg position while cp3 is one of the best. Rondo can't even make ft's well come on now. What you said for Billups but doesn't really mean that much. Stockton and Nash would also give up their left arms for billups resume, there's no way those 2 or cp3 are worse than billups. If you're so big on resume, tony parker is a top 5 pg of all time easy.

TheMarkMadsen
Lowry plays in the east. The east is a joke.

Cp3 would make the conference finals out east. Not sure about making the finals though, I'd take a Lebron led team over a Paul led team 10/10

The criticism comes because for a long time, people grouped Paul in the same group as guys like Kobe & Lebron. That and he's had some really bad playoff losses

And if he was as good as those guys, he would have made the conference finals by now, especially with these clipper teams.

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Paul is a better individual player than Billups.
Bit more to it than team success.
Having watched both their careers, I can't see how you can rank Billups near Paul individually. Very large gap.
I'm taking 2009 Paul over any point guard ever barring Magic, and Paul was no slouch every other season. Definitely a top 6-7 point guard ever.
I swear the average poster memory is 3 hours around here.

stop it. this cp3 slurping has to stop.

dude lost by over 50 points at home in the playoffs. he choked away two series leads and even blamed himself for it. but that never happened right?

look who really has the short memory.

AirBonner
05-15-2016, 10:26 PM
Lowry plays in the east. The east is a joke.

Cp3 would make the conference finals out east. Not sure about making the finals though, I'd take a Lebron led team over a Paul led team 10/10

The criticism comes because for a long time, people grouped Paul in the same group as guys like Kobe & Lebron

And if he was as good as those guys, he would have made the conference finals by now, especially with these clipper teams.
Kind of like Carmelo Anthony right? you like to underrate the eastern conference when the west's 5th seed won 44 games. :facepalm

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 10:30 PM
the rondo stuff is laughable. He scored 40 once doesn't change the fact that he's just not a good scorer at the pg position while cp3 is one of the best. Rondo can't even make ft's well come on now. What you said for Billups but doesn't really mean that much. Stockton and Nash would also give up their left arms for billups resume, there's no way those 2 or cp3 are worse than billups. If you're so big on resume, tony parker is a top 5 pg of all time easy.

rondo regressed immensely after his horrific injury, but otherwise he was a flat-out stud. there isn't much separation between cp3 and himself. their resumes are identical, except for the playoff success of course.

billups was extremely clutch and versatile, great leader and scorer when it called for it.

stockton is the all-time leader in assists and steals and nash has been to the conference finals and has lead the greatest offenses in nba history and he's a 2-time mvp. i know championships means a lot to players of course, however when compared to cp3, stockton and nash have undoubtedly accomplished more.

Smoke117
05-15-2016, 10:33 PM
rondo regressed immensely after his horrific injury, but otherwise he was a flat-out stud. there isn't much separation between cp3 and himself. their resumes are identical, except for the playoff success of course.

billups was extremely clutch and versatile, great leader and scorer when it called for it.

stockton is the all-time leader in assists and steals and nash has been to the conference finals and has lead the greatest offenses in nba history and he's a 2-time mvp. i know championships means a lot to players of course, however when compared to cp3, stockton and nash have undoubtedly accomplished more.

This is just laughable...just stop and keep your stupid nonsense to kobrick.

Young X
05-15-2016, 10:34 PM
@PsychoBe

So would you say CP3 isn't a top 10 PG in the league right now?

PsychoBe
05-15-2016, 10:44 PM
cp3 is definitely a top 10 pg in the league, but he needs to stop choking. he just chokes too much i'm sorry to say it.

CuterThanRubio
05-15-2016, 10:45 PM
If Nash had prime Blake and Deandre he would have taken them to the finals

CP3 is overhyped choke-tastic garbage handing out phantom assists left and right.

Wade's Rings
05-15-2016, 11:17 PM

CP3 is overhyped choke-tastic garbage handing out phantom assists left and right.

:biggums:

Nick Young
05-15-2016, 11:24 PM
Lowry is better than Paul ever was. CP3 is empty stats, a less successful version of Rajon Rondo.

Nick Young
05-15-2016, 11:24 PM
stop it. this cp3 slurping has to stop.

dude lost by over 50 points at home in the playoffs. he choked away two series leads and even blamed himself for it. but that never happened right?

look who really has the short memory.
exactly.

No coming back from this.

Young X
05-15-2016, 11:30 PM

CP3 is overhyped choke-tastic garbage handing out phantom assists left and right.Could easily turn around and say Paul and Dirk would've gotten to the finals. Has nothing to do with the thread, you're just hating.

TheMarkMadsen
05-15-2016, 11:34 PM
Kind of like Carmelo Anthony right? you like to underrate the eastern conference when the west's 5th seed won 44 games. :facepalm

Melo hasn't played with the type of teams Paul has had with the clippers

Put the clippers in the east and they make the conference finals every year