PDA

View Full Version : NBA needs diversity in the playoffs (E/WCF & FINALS)

Draz
05-15-2016, 10:03 PM
You guys aren't tired of seeing the same teams? I know no one wants to see Toronto, it's bad for ratings, I agree. You'd have to be on a different planet to actually believe TOR can pull an upset, but what IF? How much damage does this do to LeBrons career? I mean.. losing to Wade wouldn't of been as bad as this. It's understandable he needed Wade to win championship rings (anyone who denies this is a moron) but losing to the Raptors?

I see raptors losing this 4-0.. but Cavs were headed to the finals anyways. NBA needs an underdog story.

90sgoat
05-15-2016, 10:07 PM
The Pacers teams who gave the Heat a real challenge was diversity, they even played a unique brand of basketball.

Craptors are just the East version of Harden Houston with a bunch of guards used to getting free throws in the regular season and a center who should get a lot more touches than he does.

Sweep incoming.

Cleverness
05-15-2016, 10:21 PM
You guys aren't tired of seeing the same teams? I know no one wants to see Toronto, it's bad for ratings, I agree. You'd have to be on a different planet to actually believe TOR can pull an upset, but what IF? How much damage does this do to LeBrons career? I mean.. losing to Wade wouldn't of been as bad as this. It's understandable he needed Wade to win championship rings (anyone who denies this is a moron) but losing to the Raptors?

I see raptors losing this 4-0.. but Cavs were headed to the finals anyways. NBA needs an underdog story.

80s was all Lakers/Celtics
90s was all Bulls
2000s was all Lakers and Spurs

The underdog story was last year when the Warriors won. At the beginning of the NBA season the Warriors were like 25/1 to win the finals. Any other underdog story champs besides 11 Mavs, 15 Warriors, 04 Pistons, and 95 Rockets in the past 35 years?

JT123
05-15-2016, 10:33 PM

Lebron's legacy as a top 3 player is set in stone. Losing to a 56 win team with 2 all stars does absolutely nothing to his legacy. :facepalm
At this point Lebron can only add to his legacy, especially since he is about 38 years old in NBA years.