PDA

View Full Version : Free throw Disparity , Raptors 43 - 23 Heat

coined
05-16-2016, 12:56 AM
Raptors shot in Game 7 43 ****ing free throws. Heat only 23.
Refs went all out to make sure Lebron doesnt get embarassed in Conference Finals vs Dwayne Wade.

SouBeachTalents
05-16-2016, 01:03 AM
Heat didn't deserve to win today, Raptors killed them on the boards and with second chance opportunities, Miami was just outplayed. Plus with all the injuries and after two grueling 7 game series, there's not a chance in the world either of these teams was going to beat the Cavs, let alone be competitive

fiddy
05-16-2016, 01:04 AM
Raptors shot in Game 7 43 ****ing free throws. Heat only 23.
Refs went all out to make sure Lebron doesnt get embarassed in Conference Finals vs Dwayne Wade.
Yup

Fudge
05-16-2016, 01:08 AM
Give them the same amount of free throws and they still lose, idiot. :oldlol:

What a meltdown.

ShawkFactory
05-16-2016, 08:04 AM
There was some definite home cooking in the first half. I remember several plays where a heat player got fouled with a no call.

And it could be due to the NBA protecting Lebron..or it could be the more likely scenario that it was game 7 in Toronto and the raps have never been to the ECF before. Refs are subconsciously more likely to swallow their whistles a little more for them and the fans.

leMVP
05-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Heat got raped on the Boards, and 2nd chance points.

This was the cause of their loss.

Ben Simmons
05-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Why would the nba not want a Lebron-Wade matchup?

Velocirap31
05-16-2016, 08:51 AM
All Miami did this series was shoot jump shots. Wade still draws plenty of fouls on his jump shots though because he is Wade.

Dresta
05-16-2016, 09:08 AM
All Miami did this series was shoot jump shots. Wade still draws plenty of fouls on his jump shots though because he is Wade.
All Lowry and Derozan do is throw themselves into people, and get fts for doing so.

Trash bros for sure: refs saved their asses yesterday. Bringing up Wade after such god-awful officiating in your team's favour, a game where Patterson got twice as many fts as him :facepalm

Done_And_Done
05-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Why would the nba not want a Lebron-Wade matchup?

This.

End thread/

bigt
05-16-2016, 09:17 AM
It'd make a lot more sense for the refs to fix it in Miami's favour. Wade v Lebron is a much better narrative for the NBA than the Raptors finally making the Conference finals

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Conspiracy theory doesn't checkout considering...

1) Raptors have been been 3rd in FTA vs Heat have been 15th in FTA's during the season and were eventually going to get more calls their ways.

2) Raptors bigs drew way more fouls, especially since they had massive size and offensive rebounding advantage.

3) They ran out of gas, they were just taking tough shots and weren't make enough open looks. When you compound this on the road in a hostile environment, your not going to get the calls your way.

4) Like everyone else mentioned... LeBron vs Wade and LeBron's two team storyline sells way more. Toronto drops the rating down because Nielsen doesn't account for their market and only accounts for their lone US representative.

Hittin_Shots
05-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Heat intentionally fouled bismack only twice off ball but everytime he went up also because they'd prefef he shot freethrows than dumked on them. So theres 12 free throws. Raps werent intentionally foulinf any miami big.

Just that make 23 to 31 and makes the differential look a lot less 'rigged'. Miami also weren't playing a centre and were fouling on the raps drives due to no rim protection but thats just what i saw. There were fouls on shots missed on both ends as there always is.

HurricaneKid
05-16-2016, 10:03 AM

LeBron, get embarrassed by Miami? Without Bosh, Deng and Whiteside?

HAHAHA!

GTFO.

Robalvarez2010
05-16-2016, 11:04 AM
LeBron, get embarrassed by Miami? Without Bosh, Deng and Whiteside?

HAHAHA!

GTFO.
They were only going to be missing bosh because Deng was playing and Whiteside was confirmed to come back against Cleveland. There's no pont on arguing on the what if. I truly wished that it would have been a Miami vs cavs match up because I am honestly not interested in raps vs cavs.

kwajo
05-16-2016, 11:15 AM
Heat intentionally fouled bismack only twice off ball but everytime he went up also because they'd prefef he shot freethrows than dumked on them. So theres 12 free throws. Raps werent intentionally foulinf any miami big.

Just that make 23 to 31 and makes the differential look a lot less 'rigged'. Miami also weren't playing a centre and were fouling on the raps drives due to no rim protection but thats just what i saw. There were fouls on shots missed on both ends as there always is.
Yup, although I didn't keep track of how many times that happened, I would attribute 8-10 of Biyombo's 12 FT attempts to either intentional fouls or ones made purposefully to prevent dunks because he is a crappy shooter at the line.

aj1987
05-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Whatever. The Raps came out to play and won, while the Heat sucked donkey balls. Injuries were part of it, but the Raps balled hard. There were a couple of shitty called, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome.