PDA

View Full Version : Have these playoffs affected Wade's legacy?

Lebronxrings
05-16-2016, 11:05 AM
We all know people bash him for only winning with lebron or shaq. These playoffs he was fortunate enough to get a great supporting cast filled with stars and great role players. He even got a chance to face a raptors team everyone called weak and still failed.

The question is: Do you think this series has changed your opinion of wade. Personally, it hasn't for me.

derb2k2
05-16-2016, 11:06 AM
http://rsmg.pbsrc.com/albums/1003/Neatgrl/Gifs/28wgzeb.gif~c200

Born Sinner
05-16-2016, 11:08 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

Start looking for a job bro. Or go to school

DingDengDong
No, he is past prime. Once you are past your prime, you can only hurt your legacy by doing things that legitimately hurt your team, but not by simply being lesser than your old self.

Nilocon165
:rolleyes:

Lebronxrings
05-16-2016, 11:11 AM
The heat were favorites to come out of the East. FACT

Wade was supposedly the second best player behind lebron. FACT

Wade was "the best playoff performer and closer" according to some people. FACT

Nearly everyone on this board thought the raptors were a fake team and would get swept. FACT

Miami Heat were loaded to the top. FACT

Can't dispute these points.

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2016, 11:13 AM
I honestly though Miami would win in 4-5

Toronto showed HEART

SpaceJam
05-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Wade literally passed like 7 people on the Career Playoff Points list, and is now 116 points away from the top 10

Also jumped MJ and LeBron in Career Playoff Blocks

As well as taking the 2nd seeded Raps, who everyone is hyping up on here like a bunch of muppets, to 7 games without Bosh and Whiteside for half the series

So no, this playoff run hasn't had a negative effect on Wade's legacy

SouBeachTalents
05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Wade literally passed like 7 people on the Career Playoff Points list, and is now 116 points away from the top 10

Also jumped MJ and LeBron in Career Playoff Blocks

As well as taking the 2nd seeded Raps, who everyone is hyping up on here like a bunch of muppets, to 7 games without Bosh and Whiteside for half the series

So no, this playoff run hasn't had a negative effect on Wade's legacy

Passed nothing but legendary players too

Wilt
Baylor
Pippen
Dirk
Magic
Hakeem
Havlicek

A similar playoff run next year he makes the top 10 all time

Klay 3D
05-16-2016, 11:46 AM
Wade showed flashes of himself and reminded everyone how clutch he is. 24/6/4 on 47/50/78 is all-time great for an "old" 34 year old in the playoffs. He needed another consistent star alongside of him.

If anything, I give Lowry props for showing heart and hitting timely threes. After his first 2 game struggles, he went on to average 28/6/6 on 44/49/84.

The real difference in this series was Biyombo who gave them chances even if their shots were off and was the only real rim protector on the floor at all times. I can imagine Chris Bosh schooling this guy out in the perimeter and wiping that smile off his face.

Toronto just seemed to make bigger shots collectively than Miami. Ross, Carroll, and Joseph specifically.

The Heat were unable to gel offensively and the 30ish extra free-throw attempts they gave up didn't help. The Heat's off-season acquisitions of Amare and Green had no impact even though I wished Amare played more. All-in-all, they relied on the brilliance of D-Wade and the two rookies to carry them on D. Not a recipe for long-term success.

SpaceJam
05-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Passed nothing but legendary players too

Wilt
Baylor
Pippen
Dirk
Magic
Hakeem
Havlicek

A similar playoff run next year he makes the top 10 all time

Exactly, seemed like every other game he was passing another dude on the list lmao

I don't think he has it in him to reach Jerry West, about 600 points away, but he will get Parker and Bird to enter top 10

MP.Trey
05-16-2016, 11:50 AM
Only in a positive way. He carried a team ravaged with injuries while putting up vintage D Wade numbers, hitting shots in the clutch, etc. The man is a playoff performer through thick and thin.

DingDengDong
05-16-2016, 11:59 AM
The heat were favorites to come out of the East. FACT

Wade was supposedly the second best player behind lebron. FACT

Wade was "the best playoff performer and closer" according to some people. FACT

Nearly everyone on this board thought the raptors were a fake team and would get swept. FACT

Miami Heat were loaded to the top. FACT

Can't dispute these points.
What BS.

tmacattack33
05-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Wade did slightly better than I thought he would. So there is no real movement in terms of his legacy.

VengefulAngel
05-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Only in a positive way. He carried a team ravaged with injuries while putting up vintage D Wade numbers, hitting shots in the clutch, etc. The man is a playoff performer through thick and thin.

:applause: :applause:

OP getting his shit put in and it's not even June yet.

Lebronxrings
05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
second round

SilkkTheShocker
05-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Raptors shut him down, and made him look like a little b.itch yesterday. One of the worst game 7s from a "star" I have ever seen before.

PJR
05-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Raptors shut him down, and made him look like a little b.itch yesterday. One of the worst game 7s from a "star" I have ever seen before.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274358

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2016, 01:41 PM
It would've affected his legacy negatively if the Heat lost to Bobcats, or it would've affected positively if they beat Raptors. The way it went for the Heat, Wade's legacy has neither positive nor negative changes, it remains the same as before.

Nikola_
05-16-2016, 01:43 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274358

dam

MEB2kDeez
05-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Yep, Wade did his part.

GrapeApe
05-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Let's see, 21/6/5/1/1 on 47% and a 23 PER. In the ECSF he led his team in total points, assists, rebounds, blocks, 3pt%, and was 2nd in steals. He was the top clutch scorer in the playoffs through the first 2 rounds. Wade had the 2nd best playoff run for a 34 year old SG in the last 40 years and passed multiple legends in playoff scoring. He also became the top shot blocking guard in playoff history. Yeah, I'd say these playoffs enhanced his legacy,

imdaman99
05-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Lebron stans are the most insecure little girls ever :oldlol:

I guess they still mad that Wade won without Lebron, and Lebron has never won without Wade :roll:

Lebronxrings
05-16-2016, 02:42 PM
Let's see, 21/6/5/1/1 on 47% and a 23 PER. In the ECSF he led his team in total points, assists, rebounds, blocks, 3pt%, and was 2nd in steals. He was the top clutch scorer in the playoffs through the first 2 rounds. Wade had the 2nd best playoff run for a 34 year old SG in the last 40 years and passed multiple legends in playoff scoring. He also became the top shot blocking guard in playoff history. Yeah, I'd say these playoffs enhanced his legacy,
second. round.

HylianNightmare
05-16-2016, 02:54 PM
No, but I'll always wished he gave us that bron vs wade ecf

riseagainst
05-16-2016, 02:57 PM
It's affected his legacy in a positive way.

WayOfWad3
05-16-2016, 03:02 PM
second. round.
Yessir, +1 for Dwyane Wade. Second round carrying a corpse roster that only won like 37 games the year before, solid work and an enhancement to his legacy. Also that 3-point shot, dude's got mad game