PDA

View Full Version : Fat Joe says infamous Knicks player in Notorious BIG song "I Got a Story to Tell" was

Basketball Fan
05-16-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't know I think Mason would be crazy enough to actually fight the dude at gunpoint.... at least on the court.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/fat-joe-notorious-big-anthony-mason-knicks-i-got-a-story-to-tell/wj6kgvl9y180z7ks8cr3uvqx

Fat Joe says infamous Knicks player in Notorious B.I.G. song was Anthony Mason

One of the biggest questions at the intersection of hip hop and sports finally has an answer.

In The Notorious B.I.G.'s 1997 song "I Got A Story To Tell," the late Brooklyn rapper described having a sexual relationship with a woman who was dating a Knicks player. Biggie also claimed he pulled a gun on the player and robbed him.

On Monday's edition of "Highly Questionable," Fat Joe, a friend of Biggie, revealed Anthony Mason was that Knicks player. Fat Joe told Dan Le Batard and Bomani Jones he didn't want to be "disrespectful" as Mason died last year, but he did confirm "It was about Anthony Mason."

(Le Batard asks abou[LEFT]t the song around 2:10 in the video below.)

Many speculated the player was John Starks or Hubert Davis, but nearly two decades after the song's release, we can thank Fat Joe for solving one of rap's great mysteries. Unfortunately we don't have Biggie or Mason to corroborate the story, so we will have to take Fat Joe's word for it.

If you haven't heard "I Got A Story To Tell" or just want to travel back to 1997, here you go. (Fair warning: The song includes VERY strong language.)

fourkicks44
05-16-2016, 07:27 PM
I always thought this song, like most of Biggies' was fictional. Still have my doubts, but that's pretty interesting.

chocolatethunder
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
I always thought this song, like most of Biggies' was fictional. Still have my doubts, but that's pretty interesting.

Here's a newsflash, everyone's songs are fiction. If you believe what they're selling, you're just being foolish. It's called the entertainment industry for a reason. Otherwise it would be called the factual history industry. And just so you know, I was around when Bad Boy was getting started. Before bad boy had their own studio, their artists used to record in a studio where I worked and recorded and even lived sometimes in midtown Manhattan.

NumberSix
05-16-2016, 08:57 PM
It was Doug Christie.

Goofsta Knicca
05-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Here's a newsflash, everyone's songs are fiction. If you believe what they're selling, you're just being foolish. It's called the entertainment industry for a reason. Otherwise it would be called the factual history industry. And just so you know, I was around when Bad Boy was getting started. Before bad boy had their own studio, their artists used to record in a studio where I worked and recorded and even lived sometimes in midtown Manhattan.

U killed Biggie?