PDA

View Full Version : I actually feel really bad for OKC...

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Obviously, Billy D is close to my heart. (Gator for life) I also really like Durant and I have come to have a LOT of respect for Westbrook's fearlessness.

But they simply don't have enough to win this series.

And that is directly the fault of the front office. How the hell you STILL don't have a 3 and D guy at the SG/SF position next to the two stars is BEYOND COMPREHENSION.

HORRIBLE front office job by not getting a 3 and D guy.

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Hey

Nilocon165
05-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Hey
love you bro

raprap
05-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Agree. The closest 3&D player they have is Dion Waiters :facepalm

warriorfan
05-16-2016, 09:46 PM
westbrook is dion waiters with a little more athleticism

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Agree. The closest 3&D player they have is Dion Waiters :facepalm
Roberson has the D

But not the 3

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Barnes
Iggy
Carroll
Ariza
Aminu
Batum
Lee
Etc
Etc
Etc

You REALLY couldn't make a deal to get a guy like that? In how many years?

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Roberson has the D

But not the 3

Roberson may be the worst offensive player I have ever seen.

ScalsFan21
05-16-2016, 09:52 PM
I've always said if they had a smarter, more coachable version of Russell Westbrook and an Ariza or Matthews type player, that would literally be what could catapult them out of the "pretenders" pool and make them a true threat. But at least the first half of that seems damn near impossible to make happen.

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I've always said if they had a smarter, more coachable version of Russell Westbrook and an Ariza or Matthews type player, that would literally be what could catapult them out of the "pretenders" pool and make them a true threat. But at least the first half of that seems damn near impossible to make happen.

Westbrook's fearlessness outweighs his boneheaded play at times, IMO. The way he closed out SA in game 5 was epic and championship caliber.

They simply lack a knockdown shooter and great defender that plays the 2 and 3.

warriorfan
05-16-2016, 10:07 PM
westbrook keeps being a dramatic bitch whenever there is the slighest bit of contact and pretending like he is hurt

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 10:09 PM
westbrook keeps being a dramatic bitch whenever there is the slighest bit of contact and pretending like he is hurt

I take it you don't like him.

I used to not like him at all, but his fearlessness is anti-Bran and I have to respect it.

Dude is a killer. A killer that may get caught by making a dumb mistake, but a killer nonetheless. :lol

ScalsFan21
05-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Westbrook's fearlessness outweighs his boneheaded play at times, IMO. The way he closed out SA in game 5 was epic and championship caliber.

It absolutely was. At times it outweighs it, but it's just far too infrequent to expect his style to generate four consecutive series wins, especially when in all fairness the deck is just stacked against them anyway with a Pop-coached Spurs team, GSW one of if not the greatest team ever, and LeBron and company ALL in their way. It's like... it's just impossible. I'm not sure that one extra shooter (even a great 3 and D guy) would offset that harsh reality. He is good enough to beat crap teams, average teams, and pretty good teams. But if he has to go through great teams... it just isn't gonna happen.

That final 6 minute stretch in game 5 was absolutely incredible. But I find that against quality, championship-level teams, it was more the exception than the rule.