PDA

View Full Version : Golden State has been in this spot...

ScalsFan21
05-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Say what you will about the playoff road the Warriors have had over the past couple of years (injuries out the ass, avoiding the Spurs twice, one true opponent out West in 2 years, list goes on). But the fact is we've SEEN this group bounce back several times. Arguably never against a group this talented (they're better than last year's Rockets and probably the injured 2015 Cavs as well), but they erased 2-1 leads twice last year, reeling off three straight.

This team really does not fold and channels losing and pressure in the perfect way, which starts with the coaching but really says a lot about the makeup of Curry and the whole team. The team collectively does not have the choke gene.

Klay was an abomination down the stretch tonight, there's no doubt about it. Curry wasn't very good either and needs to do more, but this team is built for the marathon, while OKC is one of the best "sprint" teams out there. With the talent of those 2 guys, they are always capable of getting a game here, game there. Curry will bounce back like he's done literally every time his back is against the wall, Klay won't take questionable shots in the 4th again and miss them, giving OKC hope each time.

There were some bad calls, yes, but you gotta give credit to Russell and Adams tonight. Westbrook's defense, some big shots in the 2nd half, and ability to draw defensive attention with his aggression leads to some good putback opportunities, and Adams played really well using his size against the "lineup of death". Westbrook is so gifted that even with all his mistakes, he was really able to be the biggest factor in stealing this game.

17-51. That's what those two guys shot combined tonight, Russ and KD. And OKC still pulled it out. Hard not to tip your cap to that.

The motivation and energy in the Oracle for Game 2 is going to be MASSIVE, and they should win that game easily. We can expect to see an A++ effort from GS that game. No way in hell they want this going 6 or 7 when LeBron is about to get his 3rd consecutive extended rest. This group will CLAMP DOWN.

stalkerforlife
05-16-2016, 11:58 PM
They will never fold. They will win game 2. They will win one in OKC and comeback home tied 2-2. They will win this series in 6 or 7.

But that doesn't take away from OKC winning this first game and GS playing like lazy selfish pieces of shit.

Ben Simmons
05-17-2016, 12:00 AM
They've never been in this spot. This is the first time in two years they've played a legit team that is capable of winning it all.

warriorfan
05-17-2016, 12:01 AM
They will never fold. They will win game 2. They will win one in OKC and comeback home tied 2-2. They will win this series in 6 or 7.

But that doesn't take away from OKC winning this first game and GS playing like lazy selfish pieces of shit.

this

im glad the warriors didn't win

they didnt deserve it

next game hopefully they get their shit together (especially KLAY, livingston, and iguodala)

PP34Deuce
05-17-2016, 12:03 AM
This is a different situation and wildcard.

Durant and Westbrook are superstars and young. That means they can play high usage minutes and still be very effective. There is no tired legs like Lebron had last year. These guys are 27-28 years old.

They have stretch 4's and all their big men are long and great rebounders. They have big athletic guards that can play defense.

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 12:03 AM
this

im glad the warriors didn't win

they didnt deserve it

next game hopefully they get their shit together (especially KLAY, livingston, and iguodala)

Kerr better get into their asses.

It can't be the game plan to GO AWAY FROM THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER ALIVE.

It was just mind baffling watching those dumb asses try to be the hero down the stretch.

ScalsFan21
05-17-2016, 12:06 AM
For me, the only game that I can truly see OKC taking the rest of this series is Game 4 at home. There's literally no way on god's EARTH GS drops Game 2. I would be SERIOUSLY stunned if they managed to lose that one.

They know they don't want to fall behind twice in the same series to a capable team, so they'll take care of business in Game 3. I suspect the fact that they know the Cavs will be rested will be enough to really give them that last push to ensure they close this out in 5, but yeah after tonight... a long series is certainly a possibility.

GS probably needed a loss like this to really refocus them and get them back to playing the level of basketball they know how to play.

I was ASTONISHED at how BAD they were in that 4th. Letting Durant off the hook for 8 consecutive misses (though he was fouled once).

Westbrook just CREATED OPPORTUNITIES and as much as I hate him and his game, 14 FTAs and all the attention he drew... that really won this game for these guys, along with his impressive D. But NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can contain Steph over the course of a 4/7. There were some dumb decisions by Warriors' role players in the game too. Uncharacteristic, I'd be surprised if it happens again. They are perfectly built to play from behind in a series.

ScalsFan21
05-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Kerr better get into their asses.

It can't be the game plan to GO AWAY FROM THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER ALIVE.

It was just mind baffling watching those dumb asses try to be the hero down the stretch.

Yeah, Curry has to be a part of that though. He needs to make sure he is on point and aggressive as much as Kerr and the guys do. Klay's 4th-Q decision making... :facepalm

PP34Deuce
05-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Curry has to be a part of that though. He needs to make sure he is on point and aggressive as much as Kerr and the guys do. Klay's 4th-Q decision making... :facepalm

Waiters and Roberson found ways to move around the screens. OKC guards are strong and athletic. Westbrook is no slouch when he plays disciplined.

Curry didn't shoot bad either. He just didn't get the ball because he could not get open.

GoSpursGo1984
05-17-2016, 12:12 AM
Waiters and Roberson found ways to move around the screens. OKC guards are strong and athletic. Westbrook is no slouch when he plays disciplined.

Curry didn't shoot bad either. He just didn't get the ball because he could not get open.

Curry took 22 shots so he obviously got the ball he just did not shoot well.

ScalsFan21
05-17-2016, 12:14 AM

I fully acknowledge that they did a very good job containing him, and a lot of other guys missed solid-to-good looks down the stretch which allowed them to fall behind by as many as 8. But I do not think that will happen again. It wasn't as if they stopped the team from getting decent looks from above-average shooters, but they definitely forced the ball out of the most dangerous guy's hands.

LAZERUSS
05-17-2016, 12:16 AM
I think the Warriors can still win this series, but they really have to rethink Curry's role. He just cannot defend anyone, and his ball-hogging his killing the flow of the Warrior offense.

I would bring him in off the bench, and for limited minutes in each half, just to give Klay, Shaun, and Iggy a rest.

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 12:18 AM
I think the Warriors can still win this series, but they really have to rethink Curry's role. He just cannot defend anyone, and his ball-hogging his killing the flow of the Warrior offense.

I would bring him in off the bench, and for limited minutes in each half, just to give Klay, Shaun, and Iggy a rest.

:lol

PP34Deuce
05-17-2016, 12:19 AM
I fully acknowledge that they did a very good job containing him, and a lot of other guys missed solid-to-good looks down the stretch which allowed them to fall behind by as many as 8. But I do not think that will happen again. It wasn't as if they stopped the team from getting decent looks from above-average shooters, but they definitely forced the ball out of the most dangerous guy's hands.

OKC's game plan seemed to be let Green, Barnes, and Iggy beat you. They lived with Klay going off in the first half but they refused to let Curry explode. I credit their discipline/

I live with Green's 23 points because that means he didn't have 10 rebounds and 10 assists. He had 4 assists and wasn't able to set up the offense.

ScalsFan21
05-17-2016, 12:27 AM
OKC's game plan seemed to be let Green, Barnes, and Iggy beat you. They lived with Klay going off in the first half but they refused to let Curry explode. I credit their discipline/

I live with Green's 23 points because that means he didn't have 10 rebounds and 10 assists. He had 4 assists and wasn't able to set up the offense.

I mean hell, that's why I view Steph as the true FMVP from last year. I understand why Iggy got it, but Steph's impact is such that if you put him on a team this laced with talent and guys who can shoot the ball, any effort to take him out of the game just opens up the game for everyone else. He didn't play too well tonight, but over the course of a long series, these guys WILL make them pay if they continue to get decent to good looks as they got tonight (IMO).

We saw it last year. LeBeast and company were able to take 2 games with all the shading two guys onto Curry and forcing him to give it up, but eventually... this team is just too good. They will MAKE shots. They will generate phenomenal opportunities. Winning a game against this team is tough, winning 4 games? All I can say is good luck. Still, I agree that it's OKC's best bet.