PDA

View Full Version : Warriors should still win the series but...

Showtime80'
05-17-2016, 12:12 AM
OKC shows the blueprint on how to beat the Warriors:

1) Attack their weakness when they go small!!! If you have big physical guys like Kanter and Adams who can board and finish around the basket, make Warriors pay for going small.

2) Do not commit to double teaming 25+ feet away from the basket. One of the mistakes A LOT of teams make against Golden Stat is committing two guys to Steph or Klay when they screen you outside the 3 point line, that usually leaves Draymond open at the top of the key for an open jumper, drive to the basket or a kick out for an open three. GO ONE ON ONE!!! Let Draymond actually have to beat his man to get to the basket and force Curry and Klay to make tough shots with a hand in their face.

3) A PG who can attack Curry ON THE INSIDE AND THE MIDRANGE!!! Most PG's get into the 3 point dance with Curry which is the stupidest way to play against the best 3 point shooter in the league. He's not in his element when guys can challenge him in the paint and don't actually bail Curry out by shooting ill-advised long shots. Westbrook is capable of this in spurts, can he keep it up in a 7 game series, we will see.

You ATTACK WEAKNESSES on the other team and play to your strengths. The ENTIRE NBA has had an identity crisis ever since the Warriors popped into the seen with this style but a lot of teams need to realize, NOT EVERYBODY IS GOLDEN STATE!!!

LAZERUSS
05-17-2016, 12:50 AM
All trolling aside, ...this is a best-of-seven series. I wouldn't put too much stock in a game one win.

Just ask the Spurs...

LAZERUSS
05-17-2016, 12:56 AM
And I doubt that Curry will play as badly in the next game, either.

OKC Adonis
05-17-2016, 12:59 AM
And I doubt that Curry will play as badly in the next game, either.

The spurs were at home an won.....GS was at home and lost....

Saything that...Its going to be a 6 game series... don't see OKC winning game 7 at GS... either we win in 6 or go home.

Reggie43
05-17-2016, 01:02 AM
The ENTIRE NBA has had an identity crisis ever since the Warriors popped into the seen with this style but a lot of teams need to realize, NOT EVERYBODY IS GOLDEN STATE!!!

Hope Larry Bird realizes this for the sake of the Pacers..

Da_Realist
05-17-2016, 07:08 AM
I agree with everything Showtime said. However, I also doubt OKC will pull it out. OKC is like the early 90's Blazers -- very talented and athletic but prone to self-destruct against the precision of an elite team. Get into a horse race and they will kill you but if you make it a game of chess, it's a different story.

It will be interesting to see how OKC responds when GS plays more team ball and less hero ball. History says the precision and experience of a champion will beat the reckless abandon of a challenger. OKC definitely has GS's attention and respect now. Let's see what happens.

PP34Deuce
05-17-2016, 10:51 AM
I agree with everything Showtime said. However, I also doubt OKC will pull it out. OKC is like the early 90's Blazers -- very talented and athletic but prone to self-destruct against the precision of an elite team. Get into a horse race and they will kill you but if you make it a game of chess, it's a different story.

It will be interesting to see how OKC responds when GS plays more team ball and less hero ball. History says the precision and experience of a champion will beat the reckless abandon of a challenger. OKC definitely has GS's attention and respect now. Let's see what happens.

I'd say coaching will play a big part in this series. Donovan outcoached kerr in game 1. Kerr is usually pretty composed but he literally lost it

DingDengDong
05-17-2016, 10:53 AM
I'd say coaching will play a big part in this series. Donovan outcoached kerr in game 1. Kerr is usually pretty composed but he literally lost it
This. I have faith that Kerr has his team ready for next game.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 11:09 AM

OKC is going to win the series. And 1996 Bulls >>> These product of the current era clowns.

Cavaliers vs. Thunder is going to be the most anticipated rematch in NBA history.

JohnnySic
05-17-2016, 11:50 AM
OKC is going to win the series. And 1996 Bulls >>> These product of the current era clowns.

Cavaliers vs. Thunder is going to be the most anticipated rematch in NBA history.
Cavaliers and Thunder never played each other in the Finals. :hammerhead:

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Cavaliers and Thunder never played each other in the Finals. :hammerhead:

Lol... but anyway, how's that dumbass prediction of yours looking like right now? This would be a beatdown? :oldlol: We were robbed of a close SAS/GSW series? :oldlol:

Next time, Johnny

JohnnySic
05-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Lol... but anyway, how's that dumbass prediction of yours looking like right now? This would be a beatdown? :oldlol: We were robbed of a close SAS/GSW series? :oldlol:

Next time, Johnny
I still think that GSW will take control of this series.

And I still think that GS vs SAS would have been a 7 game classic.

jlip
05-17-2016, 12:06 PM
I agree with the OP. The Warriors seemed to have been a little surprised by OKC's defensive strategy last night, but they will figure it out. The Thunder do have to feel pretty good that they played rather bad offensively and still won though.

AirFederer
05-17-2016, 12:10 PM
GSW must use curry as a decoy

Real14
05-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Reported for stupidity.

PP34Deuce
05-17-2016, 12:12 PM
GSW must use curry as a decoy

Curry looked tired...He played 40-41 minutes and did more ISO than moving without the ball. waiter and Roberson were physical with him.

Showtime80'
05-17-2016, 01:03 PM
In my opinion Golden State plays a sort of controlled/caos type of basketball that often looks great but look back at the Blazers series and even though it went 5 games, Portland was in 3 out of the 4 losses right there with the Warriors to the wire because they're style will let you back in the game at some point.

The difference yesterday with the Thunder was that when they got the chances to come back against them, they DIDN'T BAIL THE WARRIORS OUT WITH STUPID 3 POINTERS LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM DOES!!!!

Again, if you don't have Klay and Steph, DON'T PLAY THAT STYLE OF BASKETBALL!!! Dont'shoot 20+ 3 pointers! Durant and Westbrook are bigger and longer than them and they are at their best when they are attacking the paint or taking 15 to 18 footers.

In my opinion Durant is definitely the best SCORER on the Thunder, but let's be honest if he's not scoring efficiently you might as well sit him down because he really doesn't give you anything else and he's not really physical to begin with.

However, the Thunder will go as far as Westbrook's DECISION MAKING will take them. He's the player that will have the ball in his hands the most in this series and if he can play with the same balance that he has in the last few games and be more efficient, OCK has a big shot to knock off the Warriors.

KungFuJoe
05-17-2016, 01:18 PM
GS just played stupid down the stretch. Durant was trying to choke the game away and Westbrook threw up a couple bricks that led to fast breaks (and also almost threw the ball away, but Adams was able to recover)...but then GS couldn't capitalize. Missed wide open 3s, Curry gave the ball right back...and that's game.

I still think GS is playing down while OKC is playing just like they always do.

tpols
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM
The difference yesterday with the Thunder was that when they got the chances to come back against them, they DIDN'T BAIL THE WARRIORS OUT WITH STUPID 3 POINTERS LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM DOES!!!!

actually, they did.

Thunder took as many 3's in the third quarter comeback as they did throughout the whole first half. The only difference was they made the shots.

jlip
05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Curry looked tired...He played 40-41 minutes and did more ISO than moving without the ball. waiter and Roberson were physical with him.

This was very important. As Curry was trying to get open with screens they were definitely putting a body on him. He's not particularly used to that. Then they played him for the three point shot and didn't mind giving up the drive, as there was usually someone in the paint to meet him.

Papaya Petee
05-17-2016, 03:52 PM
You cant be this ****ing retarded, please tell me youre not that retarded.

SexSymbol
05-17-2016, 03:54 PM

These bran stans can't even remember what team they're baby was playin a few years back :wtf:

Da_Realist
05-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Tonight's game may say nothing or it might say everything.