PDA

View Full Version : Billy Donovan has been overlooked

AirBonner
05-17-2016, 02:14 AM
The man is simply out-coaching everyone. Not playing to his competitors strength and putting fantastic lineups out there. :cheers:

Marchesk
05-17-2016, 02:15 AM
The man is simply out-coaching everyone. Not playing to his competitors strength and putting fantastic lineups out there. :cheers:

So was the poor-man's Brooks imitation during the regular season part of the strategy?

AirBonner
05-17-2016, 02:17 AM
So was the poor-man's Brooks imitation during the regular season part of the strategy?
It takes time to get rotations in place.

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Best coach in the NBA.

AirBonner
05-17-2016, 02:29 AM
Best coach in the NBA.
He is definitely up there with Stevens :cheers:

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2016, 02:34 AM
He has been impressive, the way he outcoached Popovich in the end was key to conference semi-finals victory. Now he is outcoaching Kerr, and it happens right from the beginning.
:applause:

Naero
05-17-2016, 02:43 AM
No way would an inexpert coach lead his team to rout the Rick Carlisle-coached Mavericks, upset a Gregg Popovich-coached—and a 67-win—Spurs team, and already take the Steve Kerr-coached Warriors to task in the immediacy of this series; the coaching incompetencies would be too palpable in the realm of the playoffs otherwise.

It's time to lend Billy Donovan his due credit. There have been glaring growing pains—a la the 2-6 post-All Star Break skid—but beyond that, he's found his stride and propelled this team as a true title-contender.

9erempiree
05-17-2016, 03:34 AM
I have to agree about Donovan. I believe he is the best coach out there. He has a proven college record too.

He dominated the college scene and worked his way up to the NBA.

The college scene has allowed him to game plan like a legit coach. Today's coaches rely too much on the players.

I wanted my Lakers to get him back in the days.

Nick Young
05-17-2016, 03:38 AM
He is actually a genius. He figured out the best way to counter small ball was with big ball. Outcoached Popovich and so far is outcoaching Kerr.

StephHamann
05-17-2016, 03:42 AM
The 4th quarter offense was still ISO Westbrook ISO Durant and vice versa.

9erempiree
05-17-2016, 03:43 AM
They don't have players to run any consistent offense.

The Turkish, Kanter, was like their 3rd option.:lol

On a serious note, yea, there is not much of a threat offensively to get anything going.