PDA

View Full Version : Steven Adams apologizes for calling Curry and Klay "quick little monkeys."

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 10:10 AM
:roll:

"It was just a poor choice of words," Adams told USA TODAY. "I wasn't thinking straight. ... I'm truly sorry." Adams said the remarks to ESPN following the Thunder's 108-102 win over the Warriors.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/steven-adams-thunder-warriors-nba-playoffs-postgame-interview/6qgsrtxheheu11fmeeo4mcuu7

dubnation
05-17-2016, 10:12 AM
I hope no one takes offense to this... He's a kiwi for gods sake :lol

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Not a big deal. I'm from Australia originally and Aus/NZ people don't use "monkey" in a racist way. Just a mistake from him in the context/locations he was in, he didn't mean anything malicious.

Hittin_Shots
05-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Not a big deal. I'm from Australia originally and Aus/NZ people don't use "monkey" in a racist way. Just a mistake from him in the context/locations he was in, he didn't mean anything malicious.

Klay and Steph may win Australian of the year for this.

Cali Syndicate
:eek: he said that? That's kinda funny lol. I doubt there was any racial connotation. I bet he calls his kids or nephews little monkeys, I know I do.

ArbitraryWater
Lmaooo :roll: :roll:

OKC team is so full of savages

keep-itreal
yikes:roll: :roll:

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Soft 'mericans :roll:

DingDengDong
05-17-2016, 10:26 AM
I believe him in his apology. Moving on.

Im Still Ballin
05-17-2016, 10:48 AM
They're both white so

DCL
05-17-2016, 10:52 AM
i think he meant it as a compliment though.

quick little monkeys imply little fast ninjas that you can never catch.

ever try to grab and catch a monkey on a tree? you ain't got a chance unless you have bait.

FreezingTsmoove
05-17-2016, 10:58 AM
Had he associated them with any other animal it wouldnt be a problem

Why do black people find offense in a monkeys?

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM

I thought monkeys were the closest to humans? If being compared to an animal, it seems like a compliment.

What do white people get compared to most, wet dogs? That's way worse than being a bad ass monkey.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM

That's why you are a fakkit. All of the racist retards here are Australians.

TemporaMutantur
05-17-2016, 11:03 AM
All of that seemed genuine. It's just a different vernacular.

Totally understandable and his apology is more than enough.

Honestly, seems like a good dude; definitely someone you hate to play against, but love playing with.

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 11:03 AM

You know what it's like to chase a quick little monkey don't ya, can't think of anything else to do in the Philippines to pass time :cheers:

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 11:07 AM
You know what it's like to chase a quick little monkey don't ya, can't think of anything else to do in the Philippines to pass time :cheers:

I'll be chasing you when i visit Australia.

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 11:11 AM

Come see me BRO! When are you making the trip

kwajo
05-17-2016, 11:12 AM
I keep seeing articles criticizing him referring to him as a white man - isn't he half Tongan? I'm not saying he shouldn't have apologized, I'm glad he did, but I think it's also unfair that people are dismissing his own proud ethnic background to inflate their case against him.

lilteapot
05-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Crazy how sensitive people are. It's not like he called Green an ape. But its not like he would had been wrong.
:lol

r0drig0lac
05-17-2016, 11:17 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/OnlyEllipticalFrigatebird.gif

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 11:22 AM

Isn't AS intimidating as their rugby one, when half of em are 6 foot lanky white dudes :oldlol: :oldlol:

Real14
05-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Crazy how sensitive people are. It's not like he called Green an ape. But its not like he would had been wrong.
Reported.

SwayDizzle
05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
so much cringe

Knoe Itawl
05-17-2016, 11:38 AM

This board is such a cesspool that I rarely try to educate people given what appears to be the average IQ around here. However, I may enlighten a couple of people, maybe a lurker or two in which case it would be worth it.

Being that he's from a different culture, I have no doubt that Adams did not mean to offend. However, the reason it is offensive to call black people monkeys, or apes, etc. is because throughout the history of this country racist whites utilized this term as a way to dehumanize black people as they brutalized them physically and mentally.

There are a lot of ignorant people on this board, miserable trolls, etc. who aren't even worthy of engagement. However, you can look at the below to get an idea of just how sick, deranged, deviant and malicious racist scum can be.

It isn't funny, cool "a joke", etc. to engage in this type of twisted, sick behavior. The racists on here feel nice and safe behind their monitors because they are cowards. They would never ever ever ever ever say that stuff to someone's face. Further, like most sick, twisted racists they may have a homoerotic attraction to black men that they're in denial about because why watch a sport dominated by black men, and hang out on a board dedicated to talking about a sport dominated by black men if you hate them? Seems pretty pathetic to me.

http://www.theroot.com/content/dam/theroot/culture/Race%20Manners/obamas-apesFIXED.png.CROP.hd-large.png

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/african/3-coon/6-monkey/Michael_Jordan_as_Monkey_Cartoon.jpg

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/african/3-coon/6-monkey/Obama_Monkey_ver3.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zS4XAcf2o0U/TbYhhx4MMmI/AAAAAAAACek/oFzEvVytwro/s1600/obama+monkey+child.jpg

https://dnawars.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/1.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
05-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Isn't AS intimidating as their rugby one, when half of em are 6 foot lanky white dudes :oldlol: :oldlol:

It's not intimidating at all. Just really gay.

aj1987
05-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Do you ever actually visit all those place? I've seen you say that you were going to the US, Mexico, a couple of countries in Europe, and not Australia. Just curious.

Ugh. Why apologize? What he said didn't have any malicious intent.

Real14

Also reported.

SpaceJam
It's not intimidating at all. Just really gay.

You know bro, you know

GreatHILL
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
https://vine.co/v/i0v0IggZnrA

OmniStrife
05-17-2016, 12:00 PM
http://funnyoroffensive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/1907501_1140012262691774_2275379401696683798_n.jpg

Real14
05-17-2016, 12:16 PM
http://funnyoroffensive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/1907501_1140012262691774_2275379401696683798_n.jpg
Definitely reported.

plowking
05-17-2016, 12:18 PM

Who on here is racist from Australia? The only racist on this board that lives in Australia is masonanddixon, and he is originally from the USA.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Poido123
Atthedrivein
Dirkhoward541

KelticForce1349
05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Knoe Itawl]This board is such a cesspool that I rarely try to educate people given what appears to be the average IQ around here. However, I may enlighten a couple of people, maybe a lurker or two in which case it would be worth it.

Being that he's from a different culture, I have no doubt that Adams did not mean to offend. However, the reason it is offensive to call black people monkeys, or apes, etc. is because throughout the history of this country racist whites utilized this term as a way to dehumanize black people as they brutalized them physically and mentally.

There are a lot of ignorant people on this board, miserable trolls, etc. who aren't even worthy of engagement. However, you can look at the below to get an idea of just how sick, deranged, deviant and malicious racist scum can be.

It isn't funny, cool "a joke", etc. to engage in this type of twisted, sick behavior. The racists on here feel nice and safe behind their monitors because they are cowards. They would never ever ever ever ever say that stuff to someone's face. Further, like most sick, twisted racists they may have a homoerotic attraction to black men that they're in denial about because why watch a sport dominated by black men, and hang out on a board dedicated to talking about a sport dominated by black men if you hate them? Seems pretty pathetic to me.

I am sorry that I have been asking you this question for years but...I hope today is the day I finally get an answer. Why do you like Iron Maiden?????

Knoe Itawl
05-17-2016, 12:54 PM
I am sorry that I have been asking you this question for years but...I hope today is the day I finally get an answer. Why do you like Iron Maiden?????[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, because they're a great band and have a great mascot depicted with legendary artwork? :confusedshrug:

senelcoolidge
05-17-2016, 12:55 PM
People in general have simian traits (all races). Aren't they our closest cousins? People need to calm down..americans are becoming embarrassing like the western europeans.

KelticForce1349
05-17-2016, 12:57 PM
I am sorry that I have been asking you this question for years but...I hope today is the day I finally get an answer. Why do you like Iron Maiden?????

Uhhh, because they're a great band and have a great mascot depicted with legendary artwork? :confusedshrug:[/QUOTE]

....ahh...and now I can breathe. Thank you.

Born Sinner
05-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Whats so bad about calling someone a monkey? Especially 2 white boys

lilteapot
05-17-2016, 01:17 PM
I lol'd

Bosnian Sajo
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM

Looks like a bunch of adults screaming and sticking their tongues out, to me at least. I used to do that too, when I was 5.

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Not our fault that we got the biggest ***** in Oceania :confusedshrug:

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Poido123
Atthedrivein
Dirkhoward541
They aren't racist, they just hate YOU.

tmacattack33
05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
No offense taken at all.

He was describing how fast and energetic the Golden State guards are.

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:45 PM
No offense taken at all.

He was describing how fast and energetic the Golden State guards are.
You're saying black people are monkeys because they are athletic :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Just kidding chill

nightprowler10
Not a big deal. I'm from Australia originally and Aus/NZ people don't use "monkey" in a racist way.
So...then why was everyone offended when Andrew Symonds was allegedly called a monkey.

Lebron23
They aren't racist, they just hate YOU.

They are a bunch of stiffs just like you.

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:48 PM
So...then why was everyone offended when Andrew Symonds was allegedly called a monkey.
It's all about context.

Bosnian Sajo
05-17-2016, 01:49 PM
They are a bunch of stiffs just like you.

You ugly af man, stfu.

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:50 PM
You ugly af man, stfu.
:oldlol:

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 01:51 PM
You ugly af man, stfu.

nightprowler10
05-17-2016, 01:52 PM
It's all about context.
So it is racist in Australia depending on context?

SpaceJam
05-17-2016, 01:54 PM

You're reading WAAAAAY too deep into it :oldlol:

He said us Aus/NZ people don't use it in a racist way, doesn't mean it isn't racist when used in context

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Of course... but it's not used much at all. Probably because we don't really have a whole lot of black people in comparison to the US. When someone says monkey referring to a person in Australia it isn't automatically assumed they are being racist, just calling someone silly or quick.

Tarik One
05-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Shannon Sharpe is having to talk Skip down off the cliff. Skip is more upset that Shannon, because why not, right?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2m5cp5d.png

stalkerforlife
05-17-2016, 03:18 PM
White people get made fun of so much that they make fun of themselves out of habit. Just in this thread, white people have been the brunt of jokes numerous times and it's considered par for the course; I bet no one even noticed.

Stop the sensitivity.

Nick Young
05-17-2016, 03:21 PM
No coming back from this, Steven Adams. I wouldn't be surprised to see the league hand out a multigame suspension for these potentially triggering comments.

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 03:22 PM
White people get made fun of so much that they make fun of themselves out of habit. Just in this thread, white people have been the brunt of jokes numerous times and it's considered par for the course; I bet no one even noticed.

Stop the sensitivity.

every race does that.....either you are trolling or you never been social with people outside of your racial group. Its not a race trait its a human trait.

Nick Young
05-17-2016, 03:23 PM
every race does that.....either you are trolling or you never been social with people outside of your racial group. Its not a race trait its a human trait.
Wrong. White people take shit from every other race constantly and if they give it back, even in an obviously joking manner, the world considers them racist.

Other races take shit constantly too, but are allowed to dish it back and not be branded a nazi racist reincarnation of Hitler.

Source: I am a white person.

moongaze
05-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Is this guy really trying to say whites get more racism than blacks and others? :facepalm that's one of the funniest, most ignorant comments.

Any way, I thought white boys on this site claimed curry as one of their own? :oldlol:

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Wrong. White people take shit from every other race constantly and if they give it back, even in an obviously joking manner, the world considers them racist.

Other races take shit constantly too, but are allowed to dish it back and not be branded a nazi racist reincarnation of Hitler.

Source: I am a white person.

like I told the other guy. If you feel that way you either trolling or you don't socialize with people outside of your racial group. Of course neither rone of you will admit to it and that's fine. I converse with people from all different backgrounds on a daily basis. I have friends of many different races....everyone one is pretty much the same...you wouldn't know if you dont socialize with different people.

RIGHT

Get out and live a little and get out of your box. don't LET THE MEDIA TRICK YOU INTO THINKING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY RACE OF FPEOPLE THAT HAVE TO MAKE FUN OF THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY CANT FIRE BACK AT OTHER RACES.

YOU UNDERSTAND HOW ENTITLED THAT SOUNDS???? AND YOU BELIEVE THAT???

GET OUT AND LIVE DUDE

Vancouver-Grizz
05-17-2016, 03:40 PM

Good question.... someone black please answer this....

I always knew it was a bit racist to refer a African american a monkey but didn't know the reasoning behind it.

Is it strictly possible due to resemblance?

NumberSix
05-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Shannon Sharpe is having to talk Skip down off the cliff. Skip is more upset that Shannon, because why not, right?
Lol. Because he's a typical overcompensating, desperate to prove how super not racist they are white person.

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 03:54 PM

I always knew it was a bit racist to refer a African american a monkey but didn't know the reasoning behind it.

1960s

coin24
05-17-2016, 04:03 PM
It's a common term here, cheeky little monkey etc. more of a cute thing or a joke not racist:facepalm

warriorfan
05-17-2016, 04:04 PM

http://i64.tinypic.com/2m5cp5d.png

:roll: skip being skip

G0ATbe
05-17-2016, 04:08 PM
:roll: :roll:

Smoke117
05-17-2016, 04:11 PM

It's funny because when they get upset that's like admitting they have something in common with monkeys. If it isn't true then there should be no reason to be offended, right? :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2016, 04:20 PM
It's funny because when they get upset that's like admitting they have something in common with monkeys. If it isn't true then there should be no reason to be offended, right? :confusedshrug:
Extraordinarily bad logic. If someone calls your mother a whore it doesn't offend you?

Smoke117
05-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Extraordinarily bad logic. If someone calls your mother a whore it doesn't offend you?

Not really...people who get easily offended by words are mental midgets.

CavaliersFTW
05-17-2016, 04:37 PM
He shouldn't have needed to apologize. He's not some American spewing prejudice he's a foreigner who was using an analogy to describe how quick and agile they seem darting around the court and given that he's big and slow it's a fairly good analogy.

If anyone got offended by that they are way too self-centered and sensitive.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Not really...people who get easily offended by words are mental midgets.
Just about everyone would be offended by someone calling their mother a prostitute. Good for you, I suppose. But hopefully you are at least capable of understanding that mere mortals can take offense to a negative comment, even if it's a lie.

Meticode
05-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Not a big deal to me. Was it a poor choice of words? Sure. He was just being interviewed and he said the first thing that popped in his mind to describe how quick they are to get around screens and stuff. It's the society's perception that allows themselves to be offended by things like this. Which is why we will never get past racism in human society. It's always going to be there because in this example this man was describing the great play of two players of slight color and he said monkeys and everyone loses their f*cking minds. It's not like he went out there and said "Well, Klay and Steph were running around out there like they were chasing BBQ Chicken with a side of Grape Kool-Aid."

I give him the benefit of the doubt.

bdonovan
05-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Stupid comment by Adams and he recognized as much. Good he apologized. Let's move on.

PWB15
05-17-2016, 06:42 PM

I;m black and monkey is not a racist term

Dresta
05-17-2016, 07:00 PM
This board is such a cesspool that I rarely try to educate people given what appears to be the average IQ around here. However, I may enlighten a couple of people, maybe a lurker or two in which case it would be worth it.

http://www.theroot.com/content/dam/theroot/culture/Race%20Manners/obamas-apesFIXED.png.CROP.hd-large.png

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/african/3-coon/6-monkey/Michael_Jordan_as_Monkey_Cartoon.jpg

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/african/3-coon/6-monkey/Obama_Monkey_ver3.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zS4XAcf2o0U/TbYhhx4MMmI/AAAAAAAACek/oFzEvVytwro/s1600/obama+monkey+child.jpg

https://dnawars.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/1.jpg

Dude, why are you so obsessed with racists? This is frankly getting pretty weird. I already mentioned that you only ever posted about the subject of race, and now a completely non-racial statement (which you admit it was) has sent you on a page-long diatribe about the evils of racists. I mean, we get the damn point already, geez--do you think ya could fit the word "sick" and "twisted" in there a few more times? Your angry demonisation is really quite over the top: we aren't talking about murderers and rapists here, but people who simply have a different opinion to you, one which could well be more a product of ignorance than of any actual malice.

At some point in your life you'll just have to chill out and accept that some people will never like you for the colour of your skin, in the same way many people won't like you for many other reasons that are prejudice-based; it's not nice, it's not fair, but gird up thou loins like a man and get over it; all you're doing is showing that the people you so disdain, and basically portray as subhuman scum, have quite a lot of power over you, and that's the saddest thing of all.

PWB15
05-17-2016, 07:29 PM
No coming back from this, Steven Adams. I wouldn't be surprised to see the league hand out a multigame suspension for these potentially triggering comments.

They better not

G-train
05-17-2016, 07:33 PM

No one in Australia would call a black person a monkey because it is indeed racist.

That being said Adams obviously made a slip of the tongue and didn't mean it.

G-train
05-17-2016, 07:35 PM
He shouldn't have needed to apologize. He's not some American spewing prejudice he's a foreigner who was using an analogy to describe how quick and agile they seem darting around the court and given that he's big and slow it's a fairly good analogy.

If anyone got offended by that they are way too self-centered and sensitive.

He definitely needed to apologize as that is a racist remark all over the world.

ImKobe
05-17-2016, 07:35 PM
He's still considered a foreigner, so he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

Plus, he's not white himself and anyone with a brain could tell he wasn't trying to be offensive but was complimenting Klay and Steph on their quickness.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:36 PM
You ugly af man, stfu.

I have seen your pictures. You literally look like you have down syndrome. Ugly teeth, Ugly face, and Ugly Body. Just an ugly human being. Are you still eating those Goats (Animal) that you and your family killed? Stupid Muslims like you are so sensitive. Maybe you need to get a new pairs of teeth.

And SpaceJam is ugly.

G-train
05-17-2016, 07:37 PM
I have seen your pictures. You literally look like you have down syndrome. Are you still eating those Goats (Animal) that you and your family killed?

And SpaceJam is ugly.

Just pull the rip chord so he parachutes into your ignore list LB23.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:40 PM
No one in Australia would call a black person a monkey because it is indeed racist.

That being said Adams obviously made a slip of the tongue and didn't mean it.

I agree. By the way Adams has a bright future in the NBA. Just out played Draymond Green last night. Just a very hardworking, likeable player.

coin24
05-17-2016, 07:44 PM
I have seen your pictures. You literally look like you have down syndrome. Ugly teeth, Ugly face, and Ugly Body. Just an ugly human being. Are you still eating those Goats (Animal) that you and your family killed? Stupid Muslims like you are so sensitive. Maybe you need to get a new pairs of teeth.

And SpaceJam is ugly.

Why are you always posting about what other guys in here look like?

Stalk much? Are you a homosexual?

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:46 PM

You are the one who talks about d1cks, and p3nis all the time. I don't have any problems with my sexuality. I am a straight guy. Maybe you need to look to your own mirror, and question your sexual identity.

Bosnian Sajo
05-17-2016, 07:47 PM

Worst part is, he is mentioning a picture I posted up here back in like 09 when I was 14 :facepalm

Really creeped out knowing lebron23 (who is like 30 something) has a picture of 14 year old me shirtless holding up a severed goat head on his computer.

PWB15
05-17-2016, 07:48 PM

I can only see it being offensive if you saw yourself as a monkey. As a black man I don't see myself that way so why would I care?

coin24
05-17-2016, 07:49 PM
You are the one who talks about d1cks, and p3nis all the time. I don't have any problems with my sexuality. I am a straight guy. Maybe you need to look to your own mirror, and question your sexual identity.

You're stalking pictures of guys on the internet. You are clearly a homosexual..
I think that's common among Philippino men don't be too ashamed

coin24
05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Worst part is, he is mentioning a picture I posted up here back in like 09 when I was 14 :facepalm

Really creeped out knowing lebron23 (who is like 30 something) has a picture of 14 year old me shirtless holding up a severed goat head on his computer.

He definitely is the creepiest guy on here:cheers:

Ai2death
05-17-2016, 07:51 PM

Just to pathetic Pinoys like yourself. go eat some more dogs

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Just to pathetic Pinoys like yourself. go eat some more dogs

Aren't you a Filipino? By the way I'll visit Australia during the Christmas Season.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:59 PM
I can only see it being offensive if you saw yourself as a monkey. As a black man I don't see myself that way so why would I care?

I don't even think you are a black man. We only have less than 20 black guys in this forum.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Bosnian Sajo. You are not good looking. Maybe you need to pray to Allah so that he can improve your physical appearance, or just go to the nearest plastic surgeon.

coin24
05-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Bosnian Sajo. You are not good looking. Maybe you need to pray to Allah so that he can improve your physical appearance, or just go to the nearest plastic surgeon.

Here you are again talking about guys looks:lol

Just come out of the closet bro

100grandman
05-17-2016, 08:25 PM
They're both white so

:wtf:

90sgoat
05-17-2016, 08:34 PM
The way to comeback is for Curry and Klay to kick Adam's ass next game or maybe the moutbreathing goon Green can give it a shot:roll:

Dirty ass team Warriors.

PWB15
05-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Dude, why are you so obsessed with racists? This is frankly getting pretty weird. I already mentioned that you only ever posted about the subject of race, and now a completely non-racial statement (which you admit it was) has sent you on a page-long diatribe about the evils of racists. I mean, we get the damn point already, geez--do you think ya could fit the word "sick" and "twisted" in there a few more times? Your angry demonisation is really quite over the top: we aren't talking about murderers and rapists here, but people who simply have a different opinion to you, one which could well be more a product of ignorance than of any actual malice.

At some point in your life you'll just have to chill out and accept that some people will never like you for the colour of your skin, in the same way many people won't like you for many other reasons that are prejudice-based; it's not nice, it's not fair, but gird up thou loins like a man and get over it; all you're doing is showing that the people you so disdain, and basically portray as subhuman scum, have quite a lot of power over you, and that's the saddest thing of all.

Post of the year

PWB15
05-17-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't even think you are a black man. We only have less than 20 black guys in this forum.

I'm black mongo

BlazerRed
05-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Not a big deal to me. Was it a poor choice of words? Sure. He was just being interviewed and he said the first thing that popped in his mind to describe how quick they are to get around screens and stuff. It's the society's perception that allows themselves to be offended by things like this. Which is why we will never get past racism in human society. It's always going to be there because in this example this man was describing the great play of two players of slight color and he said monkeys and everyone loses their f*cking minds. It's not like he went out there and said "Well, Klay and Steph were running around out there like they were chasing BBQ Chicken with a side of Grape Kool-Aid."

I give him the benefit of the doubt.
:applause:

CavaliersFTW
05-17-2016, 09:22 PM

Damn. Enough ether to put Knoe Itawl into exile :lol

jbryan1984
05-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Its 2016. Its America. Everything is offensive.

warriorfan
05-17-2016, 09:39 PM

White guy tells everyone to chill out about racists and that it's not a big deal

Is this real life? :roll: :roll: :roll:

atljonesbro
05-18-2016, 12:09 AM
He shouldn't have apologized. In fact he should have told them to shove it up their asses because it was pretty clearly not racist. Who gives a damn about some loser who wants to milk this for pity or sympathy claiming they are offended?

CavaliersFTW
05-18-2016, 12:16 AM
He shouldn't have apologized. In fact he should have told them to shove it up their asses because it was pretty clearly not racist. Who gives a damn about some loser who wants to milk this for pity or sympathy claiming they are offended?
Cringe warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyqyAPzTedQ

FreezingTsmoove
05-18-2016, 12:16 AM
How the **** is being called an ape racist?

Apes are strong as ****, can jump high as ****, and are quick as ****

I guarantee any white person would want to have the athletic traits of an ape. I guarantee most posters here would like the athletic abilities of an ape.

By the way I am lightskin black so dont come at me with that racist shit. I see through the lines. Theres no ****ing racism in apes or monkeys. Its actually a compliment because of how dominant they are as animals

Not a SINGLE HUMAN ON THIS EARTH can go toe to toe with an ape.

Yet my fellow blacks scream racism at being compared to apes

Just because SOME RACIST PEOPLE REFER TO BLACKS AS APES IN A NEGATIVE WAY DOESNT MAKE SOMETHING RACIST

Nick Young
05-18-2016, 12:35 AM
Steven Adams is racist as phuck.

Swaggin916
05-18-2016, 01:00 AM
since when is 6'3 and 6'7 little

Sportal
05-18-2016, 02:54 AM
**** sake, it is not like his family is WHITE for **** sake man, cmon. His family still have traditions that were passed down through the generations that relate to previous eras in the history of their race/culture, even more so than Curry or Thompson could ever have... Common sense needs to be a thing in America.

dabigbaws
05-18-2016, 03:06 AM

when you're 7'0

oarabbus
05-18-2016, 03:09 AM

When you're on an NBA court during a professional NBA game. 6'7" isn't little though unless you qualify it - "little for a Center". 6'3" means you're one of the small guys on the court though.

SpaceJam
05-18-2016, 03:17 AM

And SpaceJam is ugly.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

love you bro

Spurs m8
05-18-2016, 03:54 AM
As someone else said, anyone from Aus/NZ would get the context of this in a second...funny how such an innocent comment can be taken so far out of context.
I mean, I get it, but theres no way in the world Adams meant that in a racist way lol
Not even debatable.

329 Services
05-18-2016, 04:26 AM
Should be suspended

Spurs m8
05-18-2016, 04:30 AM
lol

Dresta
05-18-2016, 11:07 AM
White guy tells everyone to chill out about racists and that it's not a big deal

Is this real life? :roll: :roll: :roll:
1. I told one guy, because he is so obsessed with the matter that it's probably bad for his health. One person is not "everyone." I didn't say whether it was a big deal or not, just that it's better not to obsess about such things, because you cannot control what other people think, and you should be content with not caring what they think. In a free society there are always going to be people who hold opinions you think repugnant.

2. Why are you making childish and ignorant generalizations about "white people"? I am Polish, so although I may be white, my immediate relatives and ancestors have dealt with far more racial and political persecution than the vast majority of American blacks have had to deal with in living memory. That's just a fact. Your acting as if only black people have been historically mistreated is both ignorant and intolerant, and really quite offensive to the millions of people who have suffered real persecution, but persecution which doesn't count because they were "white."

3. How can you not realise that saying "so and so can't have an opinion on this matter, because he is white" is an unequivocally racist statement? Talk about stupid.

warriorfan
05-18-2016, 12:45 PM
1. I told one guy, because he is so obsessed with the matter that it's probably bad for his health. One person is not "everyone." I didn't say whether it was a big deal or not, just that it's better not to obsess about such things, because you cannot control what other people think, and you should be content with not caring what they think. In a free society there are always going to be people who hold opinions you think repugnant.

2. Why are you making childish and ignorant generalizations about "white people"? I am Polish, so although I may be white, my immediate relatives and ancestors have dealt with far more racial and political persecution than the vast majority of American blacks have had to deal with in living memory. That's just a fact. Your acting as if only black people have been historically mistreated is both ignorant and intolerant, and really quite offensive to the millions of people who have suffered real persecution, but persecution which doesn't count because they were "white."

3. How can you not realise that saying "so and so can't have an opinion on this matter, because he is white" is an unequivocally racist statement? Talk about stupid.

"Just that it's better not to obsess about such things because you cannot control what other people think, and you should be content with not caring what they think. In a free society there are always going to be people who hold opinions you think repugnant."

This is very ironic considering you are trying to control how people(Knoe Itawl) feel and think, and you obviously care about what they(Knoe Itawl) think about racists and racism in general.

Stop being a gigantic hypocrite and take your own advice. This is a free society, and there are always people who hold opinions you think repugnant. Even if those opinions are about how racism is awful and should not be tolerated or even completely disregarded as you would like to see it with your "get over it" approach.

TemporaMutantur
05-18-2016, 01:45 PM
How the **** is being called an ape racist?

Apes are strong as ****, can jump high as ****, and are quick as ****

I guarantee any white person would want to have the athletic traits of an ape. I guarantee most posters here would like the athletic abilities of an ape.

By the way I am lightskin black so dont come at me with that racist shit. I see through the lines. Theres no ****ing racism in apes or monkeys. Its actually a compliment because of how dominant they are as animals

Not a SINGLE HUMAN ON THIS EARTH can go toe to toe with an ape.

Yet my fellow blacks scream racism at being compared to apes

Just because SOME RACIST PEOPLE REFER TO BLACKS AS APES IN A NEGATIVE WAY DOESNT MAKE SOMETHING RACIST

Bro, being call an "ape" is considered pejorative because they are used to refer to something that is primitive or subhuman in nature. Also, there are more important traits to humans than merely athletic ability. What distinguishes us from other animals is our intellect. We were able to remove ourselves from the food chain, although we, like you said, wouldn't stand a chance going up against an ape.

HighFlyer23
05-18-2016, 03:14 PM
lool monkey's