PDA

View Full Version : Nike an Adidas don't think that highly of Simmons.

Hey Yo
05-17-2016, 01:06 PM
"Nike is offering $7.5 million over five years with fewer performance incentives than the adidas contract structure. Nike, which presented second to Simmons last week, has shown an unwillingness to budge, sources said. Both offers are considered fair for a top pick.

The early strategy from Simmons and his Klutch Sports Group representation was believed to be a desire to sign a shoe deal before the draft lottery, but they aren't satisfied with the Nike offer, sources said. They're hoping that if the Lakers land the top overall pick -- which they have a 19.9 percent chance of doing --€“ Nike will move closer to matching adidas' offer.

Simmons has a more lucrative offer on the table from adidas, one that would pay him $10 million over five years and would include a $2 million signing bonus along with plenty of other incentives. But his representation (the same folks who represent LeBron James) clearly want to pursue a deal with Nike because of the existing relationship.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/ben-simmons-nba-draft-sneaker-deal-nike-adidas-lakers-051616

Nike signed rookie LeBron to a 7yr, 90 million dollar contract.

Rookie Durant, 7yr 60mil

Under Armour isn't even interested in Simmons

Mawly-G
05-17-2016, 01:20 PM
KD and LeBron were "can't miss" prospects, coming into the league.

Simmons doesn't exactly have the same pedigree as those two. I have no doubt that he'll develop into something special, and his upside is tremendous, however there are just so many questions about this kid's work ethic and jumpshot.

PJR
05-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Makes sense. He's a tweener forward. This lack of a defined positioned type of player has not had much success in the NBA. See Beasley, Derrick Williams, Aaron Gordon, Anthony Bennett etc.

The fact that he's being billed as the best prospect in this draft speak volumes to how bad it is.

Mawly-G
05-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Makes sense. He's a tweener forward. This lack of a defined positioned type of player has not had much success in the NBA. See Beasley, Derrick Williams, Aaron Gordon, Anthony Bennett etc.

The fact that he's being billed as the best prospect in this draft speak volumes to how bad it is.
Draymond Green is the anomoly

KiiiiNG
05-17-2016, 01:23 PM
I don't really like him. He'll be an all-star, but he's no lebron/Durant. I don't even think he'll be Blake Griffin

Bosnian Sajo
05-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Nike signed rookie LeBron to a 7yr, 90 million dollar contract.

Rookie Durant, 7yr 60mil

Insane...these athletes are so loaded it's not even funny. That's just shoes, imagine what Chris Paul gets from state farm. How many commercials have they already done, 10? Griffin/Lebron with them Kia commercials. Shaq with his 100 different products.

Ludicrous. And with that, Sajo had finally completed his task of the day and used Ludicrous to efficiently end a strongly worded response.

Hey Yo
05-17-2016, 01:33 PM

Simmons doesn't exactly have the same pedigree as those two. I have no doubt that he'll develop into something special, and his upside is tremendous, however there are just so many questions about this kid's work ethic and jumpshot.
It's funny though, cause just 2mos. ago reports were saying Simmons would be offered a 100mil deal. Now it's 7.5mil.

Mawly-G
05-17-2016, 05:00 PM
It's funny though, cause just 2mos. ago reports were saying Simmons would be offered a 100mil deal. Now it's 7.5mil.
Yeah that's a tremendous drop off. I guess the shoe companies are just as concerned as the NBA execs. This kid is an enigma at the moment.

Spurs m8
05-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Tough life.

Poor kid.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2016, 05:32 PM
If he's confident in his game and talent he could just not sign a deal right now. Two weeks of 20/10 and some highlight dunks and passes and the offers would be much better.

NuggetsFan
05-17-2016, 05:41 PM

Derrick Williams wasn't even 6'9, Beasley was barely 6'8, Bennett was 6'7, Gordon close to 6'9. Simmons is listed at 6'10 and looks it. He's also a much better athlete than every single one of those players outside of Gordon. He's also got point forward skills unlike every single one of those players.

Simmons isn't a "tweener". He's a big man with great basketball sense and a handle and the athletic ability to be moved around. He's a pretty unique prospect that's kinda hard to gauge. Williams was a tweener. Beasley could have been a really good NBA player but was an idiot and was just a straight up scorer. Bennett was just .. poor in alot of areas.

I'm guessing LSU hurt his endorsements. Lack of exposure in the tournament. Aussie basketball player. Not a sure thing. Makes sense for them to try and get him as cheap as possible.

crisoner
05-17-2016, 06:04 PM
They also did not think that high of Curry.

Now we have to see Curry wear those awful UA kicks.

Lebron23
05-17-2016, 07:51 PM
He's a light skin Giannis Antetokounmpo.

GOBB
05-19-2016, 01:42 AM
Why do people put stock into these reports??? Not a red flag to me because it's not an issue.

TheImmortal
05-19-2016, 02:15 AM
He's a light skin Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Giannis is lightskin.. goof :facepalm

soots
05-19-2016, 02:19 AM
I loved it when "One and Done Tweeners" get chitty contracts.

GimmeThat
05-19-2016, 02:20 AM
they spent too much money on the Lakers, and they are butthurt

coin24
05-19-2016, 02:23 AM
I don't think it's even worth it to Nike at the moment, why lock into an expensive deal now? The athletes they currently have are killing it and will do so for the next few years.. Great if Simmons pans out then they can re up on a big deal, but if not what a waste of money for them for little up side :confusedshrug:

bobopenguin
05-19-2016, 04:28 AM

wrong, Greg Oden was more hyped and fixed on no.1 pick.
Greg was a 'cant missed' prospect.

Uncle Drew
05-19-2016, 04:29 AM
Kevin Durant led the nation in scoring and rebounding as a freshman.

Lebron23
05-19-2016, 04:30 AM
I still think he can be a solid player in the NBA. His ceiling is a Lamar Odom, and if they let him become their primary ball handler he can become a light skin Giannis Antethekoumpo.

bobopenguin
05-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Kevin Durant led the nation in scoring and rebounding as a freshman.

and greg oden is projected to be next shaq/david robinson/bill russell.
i am sorry, but greg oden was consensus no.1 pick.

Uncle Drew
05-19-2016, 04:47 AM
and greg oden is projected to be next shaq/david robinson/bill russell.
i am sorry, but greg oden was consensus no.1 pick.
Oden was already having injuries while at OSU. And there was legit debate whether KD or Oden should've been picked first.

Lebron23
05-19-2016, 04:50 AM
Watching some of his games on youtube. He might become a 6'10" version of Michael Carter Williams.

HylianNightmare
05-19-2016, 06:59 AM
Reebok young blood

DCL
05-19-2016, 07:35 AM
in an era that demands long ball shooting skills, simmons has mount everest to climb.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Oden was already having injuries while at OSU. And there was legit debate whether KD or Oden should've been picked first.
80% GM back then would have gone with Oden, probably higher.

TheImmortal
05-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Seen a pic of this dude.. looks very feminine and soft. Not sure if he'll cut it with the big boys. He needs to grow some facial hair ASAP ala James Harden.
I still think he can be a solid player in the NBA. His ceiling is a Lamar Odom, and if they let him become their primary ball handler he can become a light skin Giannis Antethekoumpo.
:lol

DCL
05-19-2016, 08:10 AM
80% GM back then would have gone with Oden, probably higher.

oden's stock went through the roof when he had 25 points, 12 boards, and 4 blocks in the championship game. ohio state still lost, but gm's lost their shit when they saw oden manhandle joakim noah and al horford, who were considered the toughest frontline in college basketball at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wts9V9kIKH4

Mawly-G
05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Greg was a 'cant missed' prospect.
Sure, Oden was consensus number 1 pick across the board, but KD still was a can't miss prospect regardless if he was consensus number 2. He was a scoring machine, with an incredible wingspan and a mismatch nightmare with his ability to handle and shoot the ball with his size.

KD was absolutely a can't miss prospect coming into the league, even at number 2.

GimmeThat
05-19-2016, 08:16 AM
what's the record on Freshman scoring in average in college basketball since the rule of 1 year after high school and prior to that rule?

DCL
05-19-2016, 08:41 AM
what's the record on Freshman scoring in average in college basketball since the rule of 1 year after high school and prior to that rule?

in the old days, a standout freshman was truly special because he had to dominate against top seniors and juniors.

today, a bad ass freshman just gotta stand out against other freshmen or underclassman because everybody leaves early.

a lot of old-timers talk about watered-down nba. but the real watered-down competition is probably college basketball.