PDA

View Full Version : Bu Bu Bu Bigger Markets Dont Matter Anymore...

AirTupac
05-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Yet reports like

"Ben Simmons wants Lakers to draft him so he can sign bigger shoe contract" still happens. People can try to brush the bigger markets under the table but the truth of the matter is, is that companies like Nike and Adidas care. Players care cause money talks. Money talks in places like LA.

Simmons is declining to sign a shoe deal until the draft happens cause if Lakers manage to get him, all of a sudden, better deals come to the table. Its why D'Angelo Russell and Randle had big commercials come out in THEIR ROOKIE years. LA baby.

Lakers are forever gonna be popular. :applause:

SexSymbol
05-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Players are always gonna want to play in LA, but it has to be the right kind of a guy, a small minded individual like Dwight couldn't handle the pressure.

bdreason
05-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Another red flag to me. I'd be worried about this kids motivation once he gets paid.

HurricaneKid
05-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Yet reports like

"Ben Simmons wants Lakers to draft him so he can sign bigger shoe contract" still happens. People can try to brush the bigger markets under the table but the truth of the matter is, is that companies like Nike and Adidas care. Players care cause money talks. Money talks in places like LA.

Dude is just pissed he is getting the same shoe offers as Randy Foye.

bigkingsfan
05-17-2016, 03:56 PM
That explains Hibbert

AirTupac
05-17-2016, 03:59 PM
That explains Hibbert

You worry more about the Lakers than your cancerous franchise :lol

bigkingsfan
05-17-2016, 04:03 PM
You should worry about getting a draft pick, period. :lol

KingPush
05-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Hope this ungrateful fvcker gets drafted by Philly

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 04:06 PM
bigger markets is a myth......if bigger markets matter why have the celtics only won one ship since the 80s???

knicks since the 70's?? the fuccing mecca of basketball.lmao

bulls since 90s

Houston since 90s

who am I missing???

lakers have had the most consistent success as a big market team

HurricaneKid
05-17-2016, 04:07 PM
45% chance the Lakers don't get ANY pick this year.

DukeDelonte13
05-17-2016, 04:15 PM
bigger markets is a myth......if bigger markets matter why have the celtics only won one ship since the 80s???

bulls since 90s

Houston since 90s

who am I missing???

big markets have more success in attracting free agents.

Owners who are willing to spend are crucial and they can be in big or small markets.

AirTupac
05-17-2016, 04:17 PM

bulls since 90s

Houston since 90s

who am I missing???

Ownerships play a role too you dumbass :facepalm

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Ownerships play a role too you dumbass :facepalm

EXACTLY DUMB FUCC so bigger markets doesn't mean EVERYTHING like I said..

coaching is a factor...taxes is a factor...family is a factor..i can continue but ill stop.

LMAO but im the dumbass

FKAri
05-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Are you Bosnian OP?

AirTupac
05-17-2016, 04:26 PM
EXACTLY DUMB FUCC so bigger markets doesn't mean EVERYTHING like I said..

coaching is a factor...taxes is a factor...family is a factor..i can continue but ill stop.

LMAO but im the dumbass

Dude you sound like you are 12 acting like you know about business and how economics work :facepalm

OKAY DUMB FUCC

Hey Yo
05-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Yet reports like

Simmons is declining to sign a shoe deal until the draft happens cause if Lakers manage to get him, all of a sudden, better deals come to the table. Its why D'Angelo Russell and Randle had big commercials come out in THEIR ROOKIE years. LA baby.

"Nike is offering $7.5 million over five years with fewer performance incentives than the adidas contract structure. Nike, which presented second to Simmons last week, has shown an unwillingness to budge, sources said. Both offers are considered fair for a top pick.

[QUOTE]The early strategy from Simmons and his Klutch Sports Group representation was believed to be a desire to sign a shoe deal before the draft lottery, but they aren't satisfied with the Nike offer, sources said. [B]They're hoping that if the Lakers land the top overall pick -- which they have a 19.9 percent chance of doing --

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Dude you sound like you are 12 acting like you know about business and how economics work :facepalm

OKAY DUMB FUCC

yea because when you lose an argument it automatically make the other person younger right?? fucc outta here dumb fucc you got owned.

Hold a few

Derka
05-17-2016, 04:53 PM
Should be a huge red flag. This kid strikes is getting way too much hype after a mediocre tournament-less single season in college.

Optimus Prime
05-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Another red flag to me. I'd be worried about this kids motivation once he gets paid.

He's waiting to sign a binding contract until he (possibly) gets drafted by the Lakers. Waiting a little longer could potentially earn him many of millions more over the life of the contract. It's just smart business. How is this a "red flag"?

:kobe:

Dr Seuss
05-17-2016, 04:58 PM
red flag?? haah you guys are reaching a little more than usual. had lakers not be in contention for the top pick, he would have more than likely signed his deal already. but with the possibility that he can make a few more million, just by being drafted to a certain team, why would he rush signing right away?

again red flag??? are you all red flagging him for not being a freakin retard? because this news has NOTHING to do with what he will showcase on the court

miggyme1
05-17-2016, 05:11 PM
red flag?? haah you guys are reaching a little more than usual. had lakers not be in contention for the top pick, he would have more than likely signed his deal already. but with the possibility that he can make a few more million, just by being drafted to a certain team, why would he rush signing right away?

again red flag??? are you all red flagging him for not being a freakin retard? because this news has NOTHING to do with what he will showcase on the court

you are exactly right but you do know he has been hyped beyond comprehension. if he does live up to expectations itll be because he put in some serious work......his college season was lackluster at best....I dont know who had the worst one year in college.....him or wiggins...at least wiggins made the big dance...of course he had embiid tho. Wiggins alone on Kansas and Kansas would of been NIT at best

Nick Young
05-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Whiteside, Simmons and likely George is coming to LAL this summer:rockon:

kamil
05-17-2016, 05:25 PM
Yet reports like

**** their shoe endorsement or their paychecks. Just play some ****en basketball.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Market size matters a little but not in this case. If he's drafted by Philly Simmons isn't going to force a trade like Kobe, so it's not that important.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-17-2016, 05:37 PM
I see what you did, but Philly has one of the biggest markets in the NBA. Bigger than Boston, I think.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2016, 05:48 PM
I see what you did, but Philly has one of the biggest markets in the NBA. Bigger than Boston, I think.
If you are replying to me, sub in any lottery team and I'd say the same thing. It's been a long time since a lottery pick forced a trade.