05-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Good thing it's a weak draft. :banana:

not top two!

haha more hate

FireDavidKahn
05-17-2016, 08:32 PM
All these great young prospects, 60 million in cap

Haters fuming
:oldlol: Randle and Clarkson aren't great prospects.

TheMarkMadsen
05-17-2016, 08:33 PM

Russell, Randle, Clarcksom, Ingram + 60 million in cap

:hammertime: :hammertime:

scuzzy
05-17-2016, 08:33 PM
B b b but Russell. :roll:

Levity
05-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Brandon Ingram to be the most searched named on Google by tomorrow :lol

G0ATbe
05-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Good lord this team is gonna be incredible in a year or two.:rockon:

alanLA92
05-17-2016, 08:49 PM
So much salt.

Bosnian Sajo
05-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Good thing it's a weak draft. :banana:

Agreed, outside the top 2 :oldlol:

branslowski
05-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Agreed, outside the top 2 :oldlol:

Sorry, but Jamaal Murray, Kris Dunne, Hield and Valentine was ballin this year.

bigkingsfan
05-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Yeah, pretty weak outside the top 2 :pimp:

Boston can suck it :D
The best player will not be drafted in the top two, book it.

FireMcFailPlease
05-17-2016, 09:02 PM
sooooooooooooooooooooo glad Minnesota won the lottery last year and not this year

ClipperRevival
05-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Russell, Randle, Clarcksom, Ingram + 60 million in cap

:hammertime: :hammertime:

We're the Lakers. Best NBA franchise in history. Can't keep us down forever.

Solidape
05-18-2016, 12:54 AM
We're the Lakers. Best NBA franchise in history. Can't keep us down forever.

Hey you are the Russell has heavy feet dude I was wondering about......now that the season is over, what is your take on his future.

Also, Ingram or Simmons, can you break me down for a homey?

Much thanks,

Cold soul
05-18-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm so excited for Lakers future the draft then FA great things are happening. I expect this team to win anywhere from 30-40 games next season. Go Lakers!

Sportal
05-18-2016, 03:08 AM
The NBA Draft since 2003, with the #2 pick:

Darko Milicic - 2003
Emeka Okafor - 2004
Marvin Williams - 2005
LaMarcus Aldridge - 2006
Kevin Durant - 2007
Michael Beasley - 2008
Hasheem Thabeet - 2009
Evan Turner - 2010
Derrick Williams - 2011
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 2012
Victor Oladipo - 2013

Can't really talk about Jabari or Russell yet.

Why are the Lakers so happy again? Hoping for Kevin Durant?

With the way the draft has turned out, I'd rather 1, 3, or beyond.

fourkicks44
05-18-2016, 03:21 AM
LA is playing for Philly next season.

A little bit of improvement will net the Sixers the number 4 pick next year.

AirTupac
05-18-2016, 03:30 AM
The NBA Draft since 2003, with the #2 pick:

Darko Milicic - 2003
Emeka Okafor - 2004
Marvin Williams - 2005
LaMarcus Aldridge - 2006
Kevin Durant - 2007
Michael Beasley - 2008
Hasheem Thabeet - 2009
Evan Turner - 2010
Derrick Williams - 2011
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 2012
Victor Oladipo - 2013

Can't really talk about Jabari or Russell yet.

Why are the Lakers so happy again? Hoping for Kevin Durant?

With the way the draft has turned out, I'd rather 1, 3, or beyond.

Lakers werent interested in the 3rd pick you fool. :facepalm

Lakers Legend#32
05-18-2016, 03:35 AM
Don't trade this year's pick, Mitch.

Inferno
05-18-2016, 03:40 AM
17 wins :eek:

Sportal
05-18-2016, 03:41 AM
Lakers werent interested in the 3rd pick you fool. :facepalm

Are you interested in the list I posted? Look back over the last 16 drafts and see where the all-star/superstar players have come from.

LaMarcus Aldridge didn't become a top level player till a few years ago, and Kevin Durant... In the last 13 years. I guess you're praying to defy the odds, right? Lol, "fool".

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-18-2016, 03:45 AM
Now that Kobe is retired I have nothing good to say about the lakers. :confusedshrug: :cry: :cry: :mad: :cry:

ImKobe
05-18-2016, 04:55 AM
Are you interested in the list I posted? Look back over the last 16 drafts and see where the all-star/superstar players have come from.

LaMarcus Aldridge didn't become a top level player till a few years ago, and Kevin Durant... In the last 13 years. I guess you're praying to defy the odds, right? Lol, "fool".

:facepalm

That's horrible logic, so the Lakers are better off picking 3rd and missing out on either Ingram or Simmons because teams have been stupid in the past and have picked busts with the 2nd pick?

Lakers have a solid draft history when it comes to lottery picks. Not our fault Pistons picked an euro over Wade, Bosh and Melo. KD like you said was the 2nd pick in the draft, and he's the best player in any draft the last 12 years.

TheImmortal
05-18-2016, 05:12 AM
We in dis :cheers: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Sportal
05-18-2016, 05:29 AM
:facepalm

That's horrible logic, so the Lakers are better off picking 3rd and missing out on either Ingram or Simmons because teams have been stupid in the past and have picked busts with the 2nd pick?

Lakers have a solid draft history when it comes to lottery picks. Not our fault Pistons picked an euro over Wade, Bosh and Melo. KD like you said was the 2nd pick in the draft, and he's the best player in any draft the last 12 years.

Yeah but by the odds. The best player in this draft will be either the #1 or #3-#14... The players we've seen, Curry, Harden, PG, Leonard, Drummond, Cousins, Westbrook, etc. have all been #3 or after. And those drafts were "it is really only 1 and 2, then the rest", or even just #1 then rest.

I mean, I'm always excited for the draft classes, but Ingram is not even 200lbs... There are GMs saying he won't be doing much his first season, he's too weak. I know, I know, Durant. Look at Durant etc. But LOOK at Durant, there has only been one of him.

#2 is a historically ugly position to choose from, no matter how good the players seem. We won't know what Ingram will be until probably 2018... This is assuming too much anyway. He might be a 76er... Poor bugger.

ImKobe
05-18-2016, 05:42 AM
Yeah but by the odds. The best player in this draft will be either the #1 or #3-#14... The players we've seen, Curry, Harden, PG, Leonard, Drummond, Cousins, Westbrook, etc. have all been #3 or after. And those drafts were "it is really only 1 and 2, then the rest", or even just #1 then rest.

I mean, I'm always excited for the draft classes, but Ingram is not even 200lbs... There are GMs saying he won't be doing much his first season, he's too weak. I know, I know, Durant. Look at Durant etc. But LOOK at Durant, there has only been one of him.

#2 is a historically ugly position to choose from, no matter how good the players seem. We won't know what Ingram will be until probably 2018... This is assuming too much anyway. He might be a 76er... Poor bugger.

I don't see the problem with having a 2nd pick in this draft class though... It's not like Simmons has the full package either, and Buddy Hield is now projected to go 3rd in the draft, and the guy played 4 years in college and can't handle the ball well enough to be a combo guard.

It's not like 2nd picks have been trash, more like teams with poor scouts have picked terribly in the years past. Lakers can't control what other teams have done with their lottery picks :confusedshrug:

Porzingis weighed like 220 pounds his rookie year and he's 7-3, yet he was pretty effective so I don't see size being a problem. KD was very skinny his first few years but his scoring abilities didn't stop him from producing, today's NBA isn't all that physical, best teams usually are those that can shoot from long range and who have players with scoring ability, that's what the Lakers need.

Optimus Prime
05-18-2016, 07:20 AM
I'm going to wait to see what the Lakers do with all this cap space before proclaiming that "LA is back". Simmons/Ingram don't move the needle much in the immediate future. This team is still very bad right now.

Now if we can undo last year's tragic mistake and trade D'Bustaslow for Okafor I will be much more optimistic. If we can also get PG13 for this year's pick then yes LA will be back.

Until then it's a wait and see approach with cautious optimism.

:kobe:

ClipperRevival
05-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Hey you are the Russell has heavy feet dude I was wondering about......now that the season is over, what is your take on his future.

Also, Ingram or Simmons, can you break me down for a homey?

Much thanks,

My stance on DRuss still hasn't changed much. His heavy feet ultimately limits his overall ceiling. But I do think his floor still is a very good NBA player because he has a great looking shot, good feel for the game and good size for a PG, which will allow him to post smaller guys up. But if he can improve his foot speed a little and grow into his man bones, his ceiling goes up. He's the type of guy that would be a superstar type player if he had elite athleticism but he doesn't. It was good to see him have 3-4 breakout games, which is encouraging.

As for Simmons/Ingram, I haven't watched a lick of either live. But obviously, people like Simmons because he is just a physical specimen, the type of guy that can just overwhelm his opponents with his combo of size/strength/speed like a LeBron.

Ingram has a lot of Durant in him. Long as hell, fluid, can shoot, etc.

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 09:06 AM
Now that Kobe is retired I have nothing good to say about the lakers. :confusedshrug: :cry: :cry: :mad: :cry:

Who's the bitch on your avy?

SwayDizzle
05-18-2016, 09:27 AM
we back babes, haterz R fuuuuming right now

Snarky Narc
05-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Lakers gonna be lottery for a while.

Cold soul
05-18-2016, 12:57 PM
17 wins :eek:

That was this year Lakers will be much better next season the way to go is up not down.

TheMarkMadsen
05-18-2016, 01:02 PM

This is incredibly stupid logic

Who cares what has happened in the past, has nothing to do with the present in this situation.

senelcoolidge
05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
That was this year Lakers will be much better next season the way to go is up not down.

35 wins max..that's with guys having career seasons and multiple injuries to other teams.
The lakers are a mess. They aren't winning anything any time soon. Maybe they can pick up Marvin Williams or Festus Ezeli with their cap space.

Cold soul
05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
35 wins max..that's with guys having career seasons and multiple injuries to other teams.
The lakers are a mess. They aren't winning anything any time soon. Maybe they can pick up Marvin Williams or Festus Ezeli with their cap space.

Well even if only 35 games wins that's 18 game improvement over 17 wins like I said the only way to go is up. I don't expect playoffs I just wanna see young players grow and improve and be competitive.

Optimus Prime
05-18-2016, 01:17 PM

Up to what? 20 wins?:rolleyes:

Without a star the Lakers will be lottery bound for a long time. Simmons or Ingram won't change much for a few years. D'Bustaslow is awful. Walton is not a miracle worker. The cupboard is rather empty for the Lakers right now but they have the chance to make some epic moves this summer.

D'Bustaslow
Clarkson
Simmons/Ingram
Randle

That is still a 20 win core. Stars win in the NBA.

TheMarkMadsen
05-18-2016, 01:30 PM

Without a star the Lakers will be lottery bound for a long time. Simmons or Ingram won't change much for a few years. D'Bustaslow is awful. Walton is not a miracle worker. The cupboard is rather empty for the Lakers right now but they have the chance to make some epic moves this summer.

D'Bustaslow
Clarkson
Simmons/Ingram
Randle

They have 60 million in cap..

Cold soul
05-18-2016, 01:32 PM

D'Bustaslow
Clarkson
Simmons/Ingram
Randle

You forgot FA having something like 62 million in cap space will help matters greatly players will come here it's unlikely great players will but solid to good works.

TheGreatDeraj
05-18-2016, 02:46 PM
I think the Lakers will give Whiteside a nice contract with all of the cap space they have.

Russel
Clarkson
Ingram/Simmons
Randle
Whiteside

With Walton as the coach that is a very bright future.

However even without Whiteside or another big name from this free angency the Lakers still have nice pieces.

Randle has the potential to be great, as does Russel. Randle has a few things you can't teach like his great motor and is an absolute bull driving to the basket. Once he develops his right hand and his three point shooting then he will be near impossible to stop offensively. I think his potential peak is a James Worthy/Draymond Green Combo.

Russel has things you can't teach as well, such as great vision and the ability to on the pick and roll to get space for his jumper either from three or midrange. He is also a great three point shooter, can post up the smaller point guards and can hit the floater over the big man coming to block his shot. I believe Russel will really start to show his potential under Walton next year.

Outside of Russel and Randle, who I think will become all stars, you also have Clarkson, who at the moment is a nice player to have as a 3rd/4th option or 6th man and I think will only continued to improve.

Larry Nance Jr. is another player I think has potential and hopefully will be around the Lakers for a while, especially once he develops his three pointer. He is a solid defender, rebounder, will always hustle, and is crazy athletic. I think he will be able to play 3 or 4.

Then either Simmons or Ingram will add some offensive firepower although I do not know enough about either yet.

If you add in Whiteside to anchor the defense or maybe a big name scorer, I don't see how this team isn't a contender in the future.

Cold soul
05-18-2016, 02:52 PM
I think the Lakers will give Whiteside a nice contract with all of the cap space they have.

Russel
Clarkson
Ingram/Simmons
Randle
Whiteside

However even without Whiteside or another big name from this free angency the Lakers still have nice pieces.

Randle has the potential to be great, as does Russel. Randle has a few things you can't teach like his great motor and is an absolute bull driving to the basket. Once he develops his right hand and his three point shooting then he will be near impossible to stop offensively. I think his potential peak is a James Worthy/Draymond Green Combo.

Russel has things you can't teach as well, such as great vision and the ability to on the pick and roll to get space for his jumper either from three or midrange. He is also a great three point shooter, can post up the smaller point guards and can hit the floater over the big man coming to block his shot. I believe Russel will really start to show his potential under Walton next year.

Outside of Russel and Randle, who I think will become all stars, you also have Clarkson, who at the moment is a nice player to have as a 3rd/4th option or 6th man and I think will only continued to improve.

Larry Nance Jr. is another player I think has potential and hopefully will be around the Lakers for a while, especially once he develops his three pointer. He is a solid defender, rebounder, will always hustle, and is crazy athletic. I think he will be able to play 3 or 4.

Then either Simmons or Ingram will add some offensive firepower although I do not know enough about either yet.

If you add in Whiteside to anchor the defense or maybe a big name scorer, I don't see how this team isn't a contender in the future.

:applause:

kobethebestlaker
05-18-2016, 02:52 PM
:kobe: :kobe: :kobe: IM BACK

Russel
Clarkson
Ingram/Simmons
Randle
Whiteside

Smoke117
05-18-2016, 03:10 PM

Russel
Clarkson
Ingram/Simmons
Randle
Whiteside

:roll: :roll: Randle is going to be a 4th or 5th best player on a contender at best...he has no chance of reaching some James Worthy/Draymond Green combo peak...that's ridiculous.

oh the horror
05-18-2016, 03:22 PM
:roll: :roll: Randle is going to be a 4th or 5th best player on a contender at best...he has no chance of reaching some James Worthy/Draymond Green combo peak...that's ridiculous.

The kid averaged I think a double double in what was technically his rookie season.

4th or 5th best? You're tripping.

Legends66NBA7
05-18-2016, 03:24 PM
If they get Ingram, it's a gift. Ingram fits today's league so much more and will probably go down as the better player if he polishes his handles and play making. That could work with the right trainers and system.

ClipperRevival
05-18-2016, 03:41 PM

Russel
Clarkson
Ingram/Simmons
Randle
Whiteside

I don't know about Whiteside. Dude completely comes across as a guy who doesn't love bball and lacks that inner drive. What's going to happen if you give him that fat, max contract? I would have to due my due diligence with this guy, like interviewing his HS/College coaches and players to get a good feel for what type of worker he is. Last thing we want to do is give this guy that max contract and he just shows up without playing that hard.

Vancouver-Grizz
05-18-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't know about Whiteside. Dude completely comes across as a guy who doesn't love bball and lacks that inner drive. What's going to happen if you give him that fat, max contract? I would have to due my due diligence with this guy, like interviewing his HS/College coaches and players to get a good feel for what type of worker he is. Last thing we want to do is give this guy that max contract and he just shows up without playing that hard.

don't think it is the case he doesn't have the drive, it is just immaturity. The dude got bounced around in a few leagues trying to get in to the NBA so I believe he does has drive to be a good basketball player. Guy just needs to be grounded a bit with his current success and focus in helping a team win.

thefatmiral
05-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Future bright. One of these players on the next kobe

KingPush
05-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Bynum 2.0