Ben Simmons welcome to Philly!

:djparty

Draz
05-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Congrats man

hateraid
05-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Congrats man

I'm ecstatic! Gonna Crack open the good scotch tonight! Make some sweet lovin to the wife!

AI09
05-17-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm ecstatic! Gonna Crack open the good scotch tonight! Make some sweet lovin to the wife!

Finally the nba riggs the lottery in our favor for basketball reasons of course.
:cheers:

artificial
05-17-2016, 09:27 PM
It's been a while since I could celebrate as a Sixer fan. Yay everyone!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS Personally I want Ingram, but there'll be time to discuss that :D

artificial
05-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Gonna buy myself some good scotch tonight too, just because of this :cheers:

hateraid
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Gonna buy myself some good scotch tonight too, just because of this :cheers:

My, feels like fam is reuniting!

#SixersStrong

artificial
05-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Hell yeah!

Btw, interview regarding the pick with Brett Brown and Colangelo:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2016-Post-Lottery-Interview-Transcripts-and-Videos-5487

A couple of comments I found particularly interesting:

Bryan Colangelo, Philadelphia 76ers
Q: Where are you at in the process of evaluating what the best course of action is for your team?
Colangelo: We've had a chance to already meet with Brandon Ingram and Kris Dunn among the top candidates. There are several others, Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield and several others that we've met with. Ben Simmons did not attend Chicago, so we did not have chance for that to occur. I do plan a trip to Cleveland soon, and a couple of these guys will obviously be coming into Philadelphia for visits in our home gym. A lot of work to do over the next 40 days or so. There's a lot to do and we have our sleeves rolled up.

(...)

Q: Are you committed to keeping that number one pick or are you open to trading it?
Colangelo: It's pretty obvious that the answer is yes [to keeping it]. A lot of people jumped on the notion that we talked about looking at all alternatives as open to moving the pick. I think, again, you have to look at every single option and everything in front of you. But, the bottom line is, now that we're sitting in the number one position, it changes the dynamic. I think it was more in reference to, what would happen if we ended up with two top five picks, if there was maybe, perhaps, a decision to move one of those. It's highly unlikely that anything is done with the number one pick except selecting the player.

fourkicks44
05-17-2016, 11:05 PM
:cheers:

Most we have to celebrate for a long time.

Still get that pick from the Lakers up the sleeve for the future.

Foolish Laker fans acting like they won the championship, but it is really our night.

fourkicks44
05-17-2016, 11:06 PM
What a time.

Bankaii
05-18-2016, 12:17 AM
Screw Simmons, Ingram seemed more ideal to me.
But AI:applause:

fourkicks44
05-18-2016, 03:29 AM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ai-1.jpg

hateraid
05-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Hell yeah!

Btw, interview regarding the pick with Brett Brown and Colangelo:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2016-Post-Lottery-Interview-Transcripts-and-Videos-5487

A couple of comments I found particularly interesting:

All smoke screen. Simmons is the man. Athletic gifts like his cannot be passed up. Players like Ingram are hot out the gate but don't prolong the level. If anything I think we are a relatively good shooting team. Rebounding and interior scoring is where we lack. Simmons is a better fit

artificial
05-18-2016, 10:02 PM
All smoke screen. Simmons is the man. Athletic gifts like his cannot be passed up. Players like Ingram are hot out the gate but don't prolong the level. If anything I think we are a relatively good shooting team. Rebounding and interior scoring is where we lack. Simmons is a better fit

You may be right. Found this:

Simmons was born and raised in Australia, where 76ers director of performance research and development David T. Martin was an iconic sports-science leader until leaving the Australian Institute of Sport for Philadelphia in 2015.

Brett Brown also coached Simmons’ father, Dave, with the Melbourne Tigers.

Had no idea about Martin nor Brown's connection to Ben's father. Those things end up counting.

gigantes
05-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Ben Simmons welcome to Philly!
hopefully he won't turn in to the disaster that iverson did. :(

GOBB
05-19-2016, 12:47 AM
Sixers finally have a PG. :lol

I hope Ben Simmons pans out, whatever that is. Reminds me of Lamar Odom, a
I would like him to be a better version of possible.

hateraid
05-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Sixers finally have a PG. :lol

I hope Ben Simmons pans out, whatever that is. Reminds me of Lamar Odom, a
I would like him to be a better version of possible.

Regardless take him due to that unique skillset. We can get a PG later in the draft. Cat Barber?

Then with the Lakers pick next year we can get the Ingram clone in Jonathan Isaac.

fourkicks44
05-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Regardless take him due to that unique skillset. We can get a PG later in the draft. Cat Barber?

Then with the Lakers pick next year we can get the Ingram clone in Jonathan Isaac.

Word, point guards are easy to find. Players Like Simmons not so much.

GOBB
05-19-2016, 09:21 AM
If Ben is our pick I don't think we need a traditional PG. moreso a moe Williams type.