PDA

View Full Version : With the 2nd pick, the Los Angeles Lakers select Brandon Ingram.

ClipperRevival
05-17-2016, 08:59 PM
:hammertime: :applause:

ROCSteady
05-17-2016, 09:00 PM
I'll take it.

The dude needs to eat 6 times a day though

raprap
05-17-2016, 09:02 PM
:applause:

ClipperRevival
05-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Even dumbo Jim Buss can't mess this one up. It's not like last year where there wasn't a clear top 2 consensus. We end up with either Simmons or Ingram.

Born Sinner
05-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Sixers will **** it up for lakeshow :(

ClipperRevival
05-18-2016, 12:04 AM
Ingram is one long dude.

7'3" reach
9'1.5" standing

For comparison:

Durant (7'4.5", 9'2")
Kawhi (7'3", 8'10")
KAT (7'3", 9'1")
Howard (7'4.5", 9'3.5") :eek:

This guy has center type length. It's just going to mean he won't have to work as hard as others shorter than him to score. I think he would be a great fit for Randle, who likes to face up and drive and go after rebounds. Ingram will space the floor.

Fudge
05-18-2016, 12:07 AM
inb4 they take Buddy Hield. :yaohappy:

FreezingTsmoove
05-18-2016, 12:08 AM
No way 76ers taking another big man with Simmons

Simmons is 6'10!!

How are they going to play Nerlens Jahlil Embiid and Simmons?

Simmons is going to LA!!!!

oh the horror
05-18-2016, 12:11 AM

Simmons is 6'10!!

I looked into it more and believe this to be the case. Ingram is also what the Sixers need alongside those bigs in Philly. It'll be interesting but the reality is both teams can't be mad at either Simmons or Ingram.

I do want Ingram on the Lakers though.

ClipperRevival
05-18-2016, 12:14 AM

Simmons is 6'10!!

Well, he's about the same height as Ingram and he does a lot of facilitating like a point/forward. Besides, 76ers historically take the BAP regardless of roster. If that is the case, they should take Simmons.

ClipperRevival
06-15-2016, 01:33 AM
It's all but written in stone 76ers are taking Simmons. He has too much of that LeBron body/athleticism/power combo that you can't pass up on.

Watching some Ingram highlights, I really like what I'm seeing except his coordination/reflexes aren't as crisp as I would like. KD is definitely more fluid. But at the same time, he's still only 18 and isn't turning 19 until later this year, so he's still filling out into his man bones and will get a bit more crisp in his movements.

He's going to look good in purple and gold. :applause:

G-train
06-15-2016, 01:42 AM
:hammertime: :applause:

a real Nostradamus here.

fourkicks44
06-15-2016, 01:55 AM
It's all but written in stone 76ers are taking Simmons. He has too much of that LeBron body/athleticism/power combo that you can't pass up on.

Watching some Ingram highlights, I really like what I'm seeing except his coordination/reflexes aren't as crisp as I would like. KD is definitely more fluid. But at the same time, he's still only 18 and isn't turning 19 until later this year, so he's still filling out into his man bones and will get a bit more crisp in his movements.

He's going to look good in purple and gold. :applause:

https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/13/nba-draft-rumors-lakers-not-set-on-brandon-ingram-at-no-2/

no pun intended
06-15-2016, 01:55 AM
I honestly wouldn't mind drafting Buddy either tbh.

ClipperRevival
06-15-2016, 02:01 AM
https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/13/nba-draft-rumors-lakers-not-set-on-brandon-ingram-at-no-2/

I haven't scouted anyone outside of Ingram and maybe there is some guy that would catch my eye but going with the layman thinking, Ingram seems like a no brainer. Guys with his height/length and iso scoring skills don't grow on trees. He's a rare talent.

r0drig0lac
06-15-2016, 07:15 AM
probably a legendary shooter, and perhaps the best player in the draft when all is said and done, I hope the Celtics do not let go

fourkicks44
06-15-2016, 07:51 AM
In all honesty how surprised will yall be if the Sixers take Ingram?

toxicxr6
06-15-2016, 08:35 AM

The word is that Ingram is a couple of years away from even being able to compete with NBA level players.. He is more of a prospect than a lock. Simmons has a very rare skill set with a roof as high as almost anyone in the league. Simmons is going 1. No matter what.. You can not pass up on someone like him.. Ever
I honestly think Ingram is going to be a bust.. Perfect fit for the lakers to be honest

fourkicks44
06-15-2016, 09:06 AM
The word is that Ingram is a couple of years away from even being able to compete with NBA level players.. He is more of a prospect than a lock. Simmons has a very rare skill set with a roof as high as almost anyone in the league. Simmons is going 1. No matter what.. You can not pass up on someone like him.. Ever
I honestly think Ingram is going to be a bust.. Perfect fit for the lakers to be honest

This perhhaps the most entertaining post I have read all year. Im in stitches.
:cheers:

robert de niro
06-15-2016, 09:15 AM
you think the sixers are looking to compete next season? :kobe:

ClipperRevival
06-15-2016, 11:23 AM

I would be SHOCKED. Simmons is just the type of talent that is truly rare. Anyone who has LeBron type talent is a no brainer. Despite all of his negatives, he was still putting up HUGE numbers as a freshman. He is a man-child.

fourkicks44
06-15-2016, 10:39 PM
Check out how skinny Ingram is next to Embid.

Embid has bulked up big time though.

http://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/AP_16165659484339.width-800.jpg

ClipperRevival
06-15-2016, 11:56 PM
Check out how skinny Ingram is next to Embid.

Embid has bulked up big time though.

http://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/AP_16165659484339.width-800.jpg

Embiid really has bulked up. But part of it is also just filling into his man bones. He was 19 when drafted and is 22 now.

But the odd thing about Ingram is that he is 1 year younger than he should be for a guy coming out of college after 1 year. Usually, these guys are 19 going on 20 in their NBA rookie season but Ingram is 18 going on 19. How that is, I don't know but that just means he still might have more growing to do and will definitely fill out a bit more as his body matures. I'm not worried about his thin build at all to be honest. You can work on that. You can't teach his center-like reach, standing reach and touch.