PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare scenario for Laker Haters: KD & Westbrook sign in 2017

Ca$H
05-18-2016, 10:10 AM
I think Durant will re-sign with OKC for a 2 year deal with a player option for 2017-2018. OKC beating the Spurs pretty much sealed it no matter what happens vs the dubs. OKC has proven that it can compete and beat anyone in a seven game series and the game 1 win against the dubs further validates that point. If OKC fails to win this year and next year Durant and Westbrook will become a package deal in free agency.

The Lakers attractiveness as a free agency destination will depend on Luke Walton's coaching and the development of the young Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and Ingram/Simmons core. Randle could be a beast if he develops a jumper. I think Russell will win the most improved player since the dubs system is perfect for his game. Clarkson is a guy who is better suited to be an elite 6th man like Jamal Crawford. I think the Lakers will target Horford this offseason to bring leadership and stability to the starting lineup.

Russell, Clarkson, Ingram/Simmons, Randle, and Horford will easily outperform Roberson, Adams, Ibaka, Waiters, and Kanter next year. A superior supporting cast, location, and maybe head coach if Walton emerges could entice Westbrook and Durant to sign.

Westbrook
Russell
Ingram
Durant
Horford

6th and 7th man- Clarkson and Randle.

Snarky Narc
05-18-2016, 10:15 AM
This is a pipe dream that is not happening.

keep-itreal
05-18-2016, 10:21 AM
LMAO You're out of your ****ing mind if you think that lineup is better than this current OKC team :roll: :roll:

Ca$H
05-18-2016, 10:22 AM
This is a pipe dream that is not happening.

Maybe not to the Lakers but I think Durant will re-sign with OKC for one more season. I also think Durant and Westbrook will be a package deal in free agency in 2017.

bigkingsfan
05-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Try DeRozan first, even he isn't dumb enough to play in LA

Ca$H
05-18-2016, 10:31 AM
LMAO You're out of your ****ing mind if you think that lineup is better than this current OKC team :roll: :roll:

It depends on how the young guys progress next year. Roberson, Ibaka, Adams, Kanter, and Waiters are just role players. Russell could average 20, 5, and 5 next season under Luke. IMO Simmons/Ingram will both average at least 18 points as rookies. Clarkson and Randle are good offensive players off the bench like Waiters and Kanter. It really depends on Luke Walton successfully implementing the dubs offense and his management/development of the young guys next year. They could surprise everyone and win 40 games next year.
Waiters, Roberson, Ibaka, Kanter, and Adams with no KD and Westbrook would be one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 10:36 AM
The Lakers franchise died when Dr. Jerry Buss died in 2013. No superstar free agents wants to play for the Lakers.

Springsteen
05-18-2016, 10:58 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

GimmeThat
05-18-2016, 11:09 AM
The East doesn't consider the 3 position as a back-court

Marchesk
05-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Will Curry stans jump ship to Durant after that happens?

Snarky Narc
05-18-2016, 11:49 AM
The East doesn't consider the 3 position as a back-court
The East doesn't consider the 3rd team as having a chance in any given year.

AirBonner
05-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Okc is in the wcf and just beat the goat team on the road. Kd and wb are not going anywhere near the fakers :oldlol:

Optimus Prime
05-18-2016, 12:26 PM
This might have happened if OKC had imploded this year. But after this surprise run in these playoffs I doubt Durant and Westbrook are going anywhere.

livingby3's
05-18-2016, 12:59 PM
that front court is hilarious :lol