PDA

View Full Version : the only players you can realistically argue are better than Lebron all time are

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

warriorfan
05-18-2016, 12:59 PM
lil

tea

pot

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 01:00 PM
lil

tea

pot
****ed

your

cunthobitchmomma

NBAGOAT
05-18-2016, 01:01 PM
hakeem too I would say but tht's it. He's at worst 11th of all time and imo he's definitely ahead of some of these guys.

StrongLurk
05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

Take Russell and Wilt out because that era is simply not comparable to anything after the 80's, especially now.

Also take out Bird due to less longevity, less peak, and only one more championship (same FMVP's).

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
hakeem too I would say but tht's it. He's at worst 11th of all time and imo he's definitely ahead of some of these guys.
agreed

scuzzy
05-18-2016, 01:08 PM
It was already decided this February

Deal with it

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 01:10 PM

Deal with it

This

r0drig0lac
05-18-2016, 01:21 PM
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.
agree

LAZERUSS
05-18-2016, 01:23 PM

Deal with it

Yep, a handful of unknowns determined that list. For all we know it was ESPN's night cleaning crew drawing names out of a hat.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

hold this L
05-18-2016, 01:28 PM
He's anywhere on the 8-11 best of all time IMO. Still has a few years to improve that though, this year looking very likely with the way Cavs are playing.

LAZERUSS
05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
He's anywhere on the 8-11 best of all time IMO. Still has a few years to improve that though, this year looking very likely with the way Cavs are playing.

THIS.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Uncle Drew
05-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Replace Wilt with Akeem and we have a deal.

Cold soul
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

Well said I agree. Lebron above Hakeem for me.

scuzzy
Yep, a handful of unknowns determined that list. For all we know it was ESPN's night cleaning crew drawing names out of a hat.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Yah just ESPN and Sports Illustrated, just the world wide leader in sports media :lol

hiphopfan777
Hondo,olajuwon?

lilteapot
Hondo,olajuwon?

Hakeem yes, Havlicek no.

LAZERUSS
05-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Yah just ESPN and Sports Illustrated, just the world wide leader in sports media :lol

Please give us the NAMES of those that were involved in ESPN's list.

TheMarkMadsen
05-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Both of those list had Shaq at an average ranking of 12 and as low as 15

scuzzy
05-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Both of those list had Shaq at an average ranking of 12 and as low as 15
Nope Shaq was top 10 on ESPN. :cheers:

LAZERUSS
05-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Replace Wilt with Akeem and we have a deal.

Yep...King of the First Round Exit, and seldom even a Top-5 player in his own era.

Makes perfect sense.

Uncle Drew
05-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Yep...King of the First Round Exit, and seldom even a Top-5 player in his own era.

Makes perfect sense.
Still better than Wilt.

toprange
05-18-2016, 01:35 PM
If Warriors beats Cavs in the finals again then Curry > lebron. You can't have it any other way. It becomes a fact.

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 01:36 PM
If Warriors beats Cavs in the finals again then Curry > lebron. You can't have it any other way. It becomes a fact.
No, it doesn't become a fact. The only fact here is that you suck.

toprange
05-18-2016, 01:42 PM

Deal with it
A lot of ISH posters here disagree. And if we shouldn't take ISH posters seriously then we shouldn't take it seriously that you believe in espns list. Either way ring chasers are not considered as top 10 Greats

InsanityKills
05-18-2016, 01:52 PM
Only MJ and KAJ have an argument and even then it's a pretty weak one. LeBron is top 2 after he wins this year against all odds.

scuzzy
05-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Only MJ and KAJ have an argument and even then it's a pretty weak one. LeBron is top 2 after he wins this year against all odds.
Welcome back brother! :pimp:

sportjames23
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM

:oldlol:

toprange
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM
A ring chaser top 2 :roll: :roll:

InsanityKills
05-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Welcome back brother! :pimp:
What's up scuzzy! It's good to be back, couldn't be back at a better time! :cheers: :cheers:

Cavs winning. Check!

LeBron fam winning. Check!

What a time!

TheMarkMadsen
05-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Nope Shaq was top 10 on ESPN. :cheers:

SI had him at 15

Which makes for an average rating of 12, because he was ranked 9th by ESPN.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I have him behind MJ, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Magic, Shaq and Bird.

Duncan, Kobe and LeBron are in the same tier, IMO, although Duncan should be ranked above both of them.

toprange
05-18-2016, 02:11 PM

Duncan, Kobe and LeBron are in the same tier, IMO, although Duncan should be ranked above both of them.
2-time ring chaser in the same tier as 5 time no-chasing champions? :roll: :roll:

Knoe Itawl
05-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Shaq
MJ
Hakeem
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

True.

34-24 Footwork
05-18-2016, 02:27 PM

No Way Duncan, Kobe and Lebron are in the same tier.

scuzzy
05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
What's up scuzzy! It's good to be back, couldn't be back at a better time! :cheers: :cheers:

Cavs winning. Check!

LeBron fam winning. Check!

What a time!

:djparty

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-18-2016, 02:36 PM
No Way Duncan, Kobe and Lebron are in the same tier.

Where do you have them?

To me, Duncan could be argued with that upper tier. LeBron could be debated against Bird, though I wouldn't put him there personally.

Bird's other-worldly intangibles and offensive skillset (especially off the ball) have impact that you really cannot measure.

34-24 Footwork
05-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Where do you have them?

To me, Duncan could be argued with that upper tier. LeBron could be debated against Bird, though I wouldn't put him there personally.

Bird's other-worldly intangibles and offensive skills (especially off the ball) have impact that you cannot really measure.

I like the tier system a lot, but for me it's hard to do a tier system with mixed positions. I mean...it doesn't get anymore mixed stylistically than Duncan, Lebron and Kobe. Nonetheless, here's how I see it-broken down in three simple tiers:

Guard Tier:

Jordan, Kobe, Magic, West, Wade, Stockton

Swingman Tier:

Bran/Bird (interchangebale for me), Worthy, Pippen, Dr. J,

Big Man Tier:

Kareem/Wilt/Shaq (Interchangeable based on preference), Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, Malone

I strongly agree with you about Bird's intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheet.

toprange
05-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Where do you have them?

Bird's other-worldly intangibles and offensive skillset (especially off the ball) have impact that you really cannot measure.
stop trying to act like there is any reason why lebron should be anywhere close to the top 10 list. He ring chases. The only legitimate accolades he has are MVP's and those are really just opinions based on the regular seasons. Who plays for the regular season? Ring chasing has simply removed him from contention

NBAGOAT
05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
stop trying to act like there is any reason why lebron should be anywhere close to the top 10 list. He ring chases. The only legitimate accolades he has are MVP's and those are really just opinions based on the regular seasons. Who plays for the regular season? Ring chasing has simply removed him from contention

every great player has played all out during the regular season some time or another. Unless you're on a great team, seeding does matter. Also who the hell would you put over Lebron besides the guys OP listed and Hakeem; I would really be interested to hear some names.

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 03:01 PM
3rd greatest player of all time is very deserving if he wins his 3rd Finals MVP this year.

How many NBA players are 4x NBA MVP, and 3x Finals MVP??

toprange
05-18-2016, 03:08 PM
every great player has played all out during the regular season some time or another. Unless you're on a great team, seeding does matter. Also who the hell would you put over Lebron besides the guys OP listed and Hakeem; I would really be interested to hear some names.
Seeding matters only because of its importance in the playoffs, not for anything else. Champions who didn't chase have a lot more value than "champions" who chased and there are a lot of real champions to consider before lebron

Hey Yo
05-18-2016, 03:14 PM
I like the tier system a lot, but for me it's hard to do a tier system with mixed positions. I mean...it doesn't get anymore mixed stylistically than Duncan, Lebron and Kobe. Nonetheless, here's how I see it-broken down in three simple tiers:

Guard Tier:

Jordan, Kobe, Magic, West, Wade, Stockton

Swingman Tier:

Bran/Bird (interchangebale for me), Worthy, Pippen, Dr. J,

Big Man Tier:

Kareem/Wilt/Shaq (Interchangeable based on preference), Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, Malone

I strongly agree with you about Bird's intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheet.
How do you know what tiers to put those players on when you've never seen most of them play live?

riseagainst
05-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Add Curry to that list.

bizil
05-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

I agree with that! The SCARY PART is how far Bron can climb up the charts. He's only 31 and has great durability. And similar to Bird and Magic, he can make the PF his primary position later in his career if he needs to. I can forsee career numbers of at least 30,000 points, 8,000 dimes, and 8,000 boards. NOBODY has those types of numbers across the board.

34-24 Footwork
05-18-2016, 03:25 PM
How do you know what tiers to put those players on when you've never seen most of them play live?

There is a plethora of places to watch FULL GAMES from the mid 80's-current.

What country are you in? And outside of like 4 people on my list, I've seen most of them on the tail end of their careers.

NBAGOAT
05-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Seeding matters only because of its importance in the playoffs, not for anything else. Champions who didn't chase have a lot more value than "champions" who chased and there are a lot of real champions to consider before lebron

even that bad reasoning won't work since most of the guys from 11-20 either "chased" or don't have any rings..

34-24 Footwork
05-18-2016, 03:26 PM
I mean damn....I'm complementing the fvck outta Lebron and his loyal 2 inch peepee riders still upset.

This makes it impossible to be a fan of him 95% of the time.

Hey Yo
05-18-2016, 03:30 PM
There is a plethora of places to watch FULL GAMES from the mid 80's-current.

What country are you in? And outside of like 4 people on my list, I've seen most of them on the tail end of their careers.
Not the same as living and seeing it played out, in that current era.

toprange
05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
even that bad reasoning won't work since most of the guys from 11-20 either "chased" or don't have any rings..
if that is the case then that is the range where lebron should be ranked. But as more real champions come in like Curry, the chasers like lebron will have to move down the rank to make room for them

NBAGOAT
05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
if that is the case then that is the range where lebron should be ranked. But as more real champions come in like Curry, the chasers like lebron will have to move down the rank to make room for them

he's ahead of all those guys 12-20 easily because he is by far the best player out of them and has the best resume. That's not even a question.

3ball
05-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Jordan is on a higher level than all perimeter players - he had the same or better athleticism than Lebron/Westbrook, but they can't shoot and he could - he had goat midrange efficiency that was literally 10 percentage points better (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11712984&postcount=40) than bricklayers Lebron and Westbrook.. So take Lebron and Westbrook's athletic play, and add goat midrange shooting touch... YIKES

Furthermore, his Bulls only attempted 5 threes per game in 1991, compared to 30 per game for Lebron's Cavs.. So it's statistical fact that Jordan didn't have teammates spacing the floor for him like today's player enjoys - his stats would explode with today's spacing and teammates attempting 30 threes per game like Lebron enjoys..

Finally, Jordan was the best player in a big man's era where the rules were not designed for perimeter players, so he would be the best player very easily in today's perimeter player's era.

LAZERUSS
05-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Jordan is on a higher level than all perimeter players - he had the same or better athleticism than Lebron/Westbrook, but they can't shoot and he could - he had goat midrange efficiency that was literally 10 percentage points better (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11712984&postcount=40) than bricklayers Lebron and Westbrook.

Furthermore, his Bulls only attempted 5 threes per game in 1991, compared to 30 per game for Lebron's Cavs.. So it's statistical fact that Jordan didn't have teammates spacing the floor for him like today's player enjoys - his stats would explode with today's spacing and teammates attempting 30 threes per game like Lebron enjoys..

Finally, Jordan was the best player in a big man's era where the rules were not designed for perimeter players, so he would easily be the best player in today's perimeter player's era.

I didn't see anyone here arguing against Jordan.

ShawkFactory
05-18-2016, 04:00 PM
Jordan is on a higher level than all perimeter players - he had the same or better athleticism than Lebron/Westbrook, but they can't shoot and he could - he had goat midrange efficiency that was literally 10 percentage points better (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11712984&postcount=40) than bricklayers Lebron and Westbrook.. So take Lebron and Westbrook's athletic play, and add goat midrange shooting touch... YIKES

Finally, Jordan was the best player in a big man's era where the rules were not designed for perimeter players, so he would be the best player very easily in today's perimeter player's era.
Wrong thread?

Disaprine
05-18-2016, 04:20 PM
****ed

your

cunthobitchmomma
http://i.imgur.com/9P1oARy.png

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Wrong thread?
For 0balls, it's never the wrong thread.

G0ATbe
05-18-2016, 04:48 PM
I have a shit load more people ahead of him on my list but I get that this forum is pro- LeBald. Why dont I ever see people ranking Dirk above him all time though? He singlehandedly destroyed an all star team in the nba finals while LeBald was disappearing in every way possible. Getting lit up by Jason Terry and shut down by Shawn Marion. The guy scored 8 points in one of those games..absolutely pathetic.How the hell is Dirk not higher then him all time:biggums: ?

And where's Curry?:biggums: :biggums:

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 04:49 PM
I have a shit load more people ahead of him on my list but I get that this forum is pro- LeBald. Why dont I ever see people ranking Dirk above him all time though? He singlehandedly destroyed an all star team in the nba finals while LeBald was disappearing in every way possible. Getting lit up by Jason Terry and shut down by Shawn Marion. He guy scored 8 points in one of those games..absolutely pathetic.How the hell is Dirk not higher then him all time:biggums: ?

Because Lebron is a better passer, rebounder, defender, has 2 rings, and 4 MVPs, and Dirk is no stranger to choking in the Finals either.

bigkingsfan
05-18-2016, 04:52 PM
He singlehandedly destroyed an all star team in the nba finals
And he swept the defending champs on his way :rolleyes:

kamil
05-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Only guy he's ahead of is Wilt. But, considering both of these guys were finals losers, it's pretty much a tie, so who gives a ****?

knicksman
05-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Real talk. Only fellow cowards respect bran. So its no surprise that most bran stans here are losers. Lebron23 and dubeta. Lol

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Real talk. Only fellow cowards respect bran. So its no surprise that most bran stans here are losers. Lebron23 and dubeta. Lol

aren't you an actual retard? like, special education, drooling retard?

knicksman
05-18-2016, 05:13 PM

Loser is fuming:lol get a life brah

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Loser is fuming:lol get a life brah
"knicksman" is calling me a loser lmao

log off you sewer rat

SouBeachTalents
05-18-2016, 05:19 PM

He really might be

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367553

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11042719&postcount=12

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 05:19 PM
He really might be

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367553

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11042719&postcount=12

holy shit :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Optimus Prime
05-18-2016, 05:24 PM
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Duncan

thats it.

This list...is actually not terrible. I am shocked. :lebronamazed:

I have a few more names above LeBron, because despite being an insufferable ring chasing beta, he's had quite the career. He's Top 15 right now, and if he wins this year, I can see Top 10 maybe, despite the Least being historically dreadful and him ring-chasing on a super stacked team.

If he loses again, however...:lol :oldlol: :roll:

And stop with the Curry nonsense. Kid has had 2 great years preceded by not much of anything notable. He doesn't even rank right now.

:kobe: