PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Orlando Magic vs. 1993 Phoenix Suns

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Who do you think wins in a best of 7 series?

Penny Hardaway and Shaquille O'Neal vs. Kevin Johnson and Charles Barkley.

ShawkFactory
05-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Magic.

Phoenix would have literally no answer whatsoever for Shaq. And their poor defense would get eaten alive by Orlando.

It would go 6 or 7 just because they could score with the best of them and would have some hot games, but Orlando takes the series.

Showtime80'
05-18-2016, 02:19 PM
I'll bite on this one,

The 1993 Suns were probably the best team they've had all time (including the Nash versions). They were VERY DEEP going at least 10 deep, had a high powered offense and an underrated solid defense led by the best version of Charles Barkley. It took a superhuman effort by Michael Jordan to beat that team in 6 games in the Finals! Kevin Johnson's health was probably the main reason they never achieved greatness. Had he played as healthy as he did his first 5 years in the league for 5 more years, the Suns probably win 2 to 3 titles during the 90's, without a doubt!

The 1995 Magic were very young, TOP HEAVY, really thin bench, very good offense with spotty defense, aside from Horace Grant not virtually ZERO experience in big playoff games. Shaq and Penny were very talented and had really good chemistry but still VERY IMMATURE when it came to knowing how to win. Nick Anderson, their 3rd best offensive player, proved to be one of the biggest mental midgets EVER!!!

To me this series goes pretty much like the 1995 Finals went for the Magic, a sweep at the hands of the 93' Suns or MAYBE they win ONE GAME because of Shaq's huge advantage in the middle and Penny's athleticism on the perimeter!

People forget, but Charles had a MONSTER Finals in 1993 against the Bulls, who were twice the defensive team the 1995 Magic were and they had FRIGGIN MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!

93' Suns> 95'Magic- 4/1 or 4/0

NBAGOAT
05-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Phoenix in 7. Phoenix has no answer for Shaq but i don't think Horace can guard Barkley that well either. Having homefield and an edge in experience helps. It would be a fun series lots of high scoring from the post and the 3 pt line.

JohnnySic
05-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Phoenix would win. They were better and deeper.

bigkingsfan
05-18-2016, 02:33 PM
I'll bite on this one,

The 1993 Suns were probably the best team they've had all time (including the Nash versions). They were VERY DEEP going at least 10 deep, had a high powered offense and an underrated solid defense led by the best version of Charles Barkley. It took a superhuman effort by Michael Jordan to beat that team in 6 games in the Finals! Kevin Johnson's health was probably the main reason they never achieved greatness. Had he played as healthy as he did his first 5 years in the league for 5 more years, the Suns probably win 2 to 3 titles during the 90's, without a doubt!

The 1995 Magic were very young, TOP HEAVY, really thin bench, very good offense with spotty defense, aside from Horace Grant not virtually ZERO experience in big playoff games. Shaq and Penny were very talented and had really good chemistry but still VERY IMMATURE when it came to knowing how to win. Nick Anderson, their 3rd best offensive player, proved to be one of the biggest mental midgets EVER!!!

To me this series goes pretty much like the 1995 Finals went for the Magic, a sweep at the hands of the 93' Suns or MAYBE they win ONE GAME because of Shaq's huge advantage in the middle and Penny's athleticism on the perimeter!

People forget, but Charles had a MONSTER Finals in 1993 against the Bulls, who were twice the defensive team the 1995 Magic were and they had FRIGGIN MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!

So elite they were down 0-2 to an eight seed, but the Magic would be lucky to win a game. :oldlol:

Showtime80'
05-18-2016, 02:39 PM
The 1995 Magic proved to have a HORRIBLE DEFENSE during the Finals, the Houston Rockets averaged 103ppg during the regular season, averaged 114ppg DURING THE FINALS!!! And that's with the Magic offense still averaging 107ppg, only 3 points off their 110ppg RS average!!! And Shaq and Penny absolutely going off!

The 1993 Suns averaged 113ppg in 1993, against the 1995 Magic sorry as! defense they probably get to 120+. LOL!!!

The 95' Magic had NO TROUBLE scoring, they just couldn't stop ANYBODY ELSE from doing so as well!!!

ShawkFactory
05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
I'll bite on this one,

You don't think Shaq could have had a superhuman type series? That team had no one that could guard him. Not that any team did, but Phoenix DEFINITELY didn't.

And other than Ainge, did Phoenix really have a guy who knew how to win the big game?

Shaq and Grant together could have helped slow Barkley down, and Orlando's high flying perimeter would be a good test for Phoenix's defenders.

It all comes down to that mentality, which you may be correct in that it would be the Magic's undoing. But I really believe that the Nick Anderson fiasco was a fluke, and likely wouldn't happen (or something like that) in any other scenario. That 95 team was ready, but not THAT ready to be able to come back from that kind of choke.

I think the Magic, working inside with Shaq, would do a good job of slowing the pace down in their favor. And should that fail occasionally I think they had the combined athleticism and skill on the perimeter to hang.

But I honestly don't really know. I just think matchup wise, this is a good one for Orlando.

Showtime80'
05-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Like I said previously, Shaq and Penny had A GREAT FINALS!!! It was guys like Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Mario Ellie and Kenny Smith that absolutely blitzed them. Ainge, Ceballos, Dumas, Miller, Majerly and Chambers would've killed them as well!

Shaq and Penny would have a great series against the Suns as well but they liked to play fast and that would play into the hands of Phoenix which were a GREAT offensive team.

Shaq and Penny WERE NOT READY IN 1995! Shaq proved it by getting his as! handed to him for the next 4 years in the playoffs and Penny got injured before anyone knew if he truly had that extra gear!

Charles WAS READY IN 1993! He just ran into Michael Jordan!