PDA

View Full Version : is brandon ingramme the next rudy gay?

Unreal234
05-18-2016, 04:00 PM
how is he different?

Mawly-G
05-18-2016, 04:04 PM
So, whats the deal with Rudy Gay? I haven't watched much of him since his days with the Raptors, but he gets sh*t on CONSTANTLY despite being pretty talented.

Unreal234
05-18-2016, 04:05 PM
So, whats the deal with Rudy Gay? I haven't watched much of him since his days with the Raptors, but he gets sh*t on CONSTANTLY despite being pretty talented.

i don't know man

i guess he's seen as one of those guys who score but don't defend

PP34Deuce
05-18-2016, 04:07 PM

Rudy Gay and Ingram are different. I believe Gay had an NBA body out of school.

When you look at Rudy Gay, he should have been a perennial all star. I always believed he fit the mold of the modern 3. 6'8-6'9 with good bulk and great athletiscm. He could shoot the 3 and rebound. Played defense when he wanted to and was pretty good.

Ingram is super skinny alla Tayshaun prince and Durant. That guy needs a weight room regiment in the worst way.

ClipperRevival
05-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Gay is the classic definition of an underachiever. Going strictly by the measurables, this guy should've be a great player but he lacks that fire. Just like Wesley Johnson or Michael Beasley or Jeff Green. The league is littered with ultra athletic guys who should've been great but there is not much between the ears.

Long Duck Dong
05-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Ingram has a much better jumpshot, and passing ability plus he's quite a bit longer than Gay. He's not as athletic or as good a defender, not that Gay is a top tier defender. Ingram also has a better motor than Gay.

JohnnySic
05-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Rudy Gay has had a great career. He was an 8th overall pick so he's fulfilled his potential.

PP34Deuce
05-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Rudy Gay has had a great career. He was an 8th overall pick so he's fulfilled his potential.

I agree. The biggest dissappointment of the last 8 years has to be Jeff Green. I swear I thought that guy was going to be a 22PPG 7 and 4 player with good defense.

Magic 32
05-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Rudy Gay plays the same way he did as a rookie.

Still convinced that he will hit 80% of his contested jumpers next time around.

Not a bright guy.

lilteapot
05-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Rudy Gay has had a fine career, but it is surprising he hasn't made an all star team. Definitely could have achieved more.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Nope Gay 2.0 belongs to wiggins

Mawly-G
05-18-2016, 04:35 PM

When you look at Rudy Gay, he should have been a perennial all star. I always believed he fit the mold of the modern 3. 6'8-6'9 with good bulk and great athletiscm. He could shoot the 3 and rebound. Played defense when he wanted to and was pretty good.

Ingram is super skinny alla Tayshaun prince and Durant. That guy needs a weight room regiment in the worst way.

Gay is the classic definition of an underachiever. Going strictly by the measurables, this guy should've be a great player but he lacks that fire. Just like Wesley Johnson or Michael Beasley or Jeff Green. The league is littered with ultra athletic guys who should've been great but there is not much between the ears.

Ah, I see. Yeah, watching Jeff Green over the years was really frustrating because of the untapped potential. Rudy Gay actually put up all-star numbers for a few years though, but just never achieved anything.

senelcoolidge
05-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Ingram has a much better jumpshot, and passing ability plus he's quite a bit longer than Gay. He's not as athletic or as good a defender, not that Gay is a top tier defender. Ingram also has a better motor than Gay.

So a guy that is not much better than Rudy Gay might be the #1 or #2 pick..yikes. And people say that nba isn't watered down.

Snarky Narc
05-18-2016, 04:40 PM
I would laugh if the Lakers got him and banked their future on the next Rudy Gay :lol

senelcoolidge
05-18-2016, 04:42 PM
So you have Ingram = Rudy Gay and Simmons = Poor man's Billy Owens. Awful awful draft.

Long Duck Dong
05-18-2016, 04:47 PM
So a guy that is not much better than Rudy Gay might be the #1 or #2 pick..yikes. And people say that nba isn't watered down.

Sometimes it's the little things that separate a good player from a great one. Could Jordan have had the same career with smaller hands and a little less drive? Or Kawhi with a a normal wingspan?

FKAri
05-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Not everyone can just "put time in the gym" and become a top 20 scorer/playmaker/whatever on the planet. just because you have great measurables doesn't mean you have any discernible basketball talent. Granted basketball isn't the most demanding sport in terms of talent (with good enough physical tools you don't really need any talent to carve out a home in the league) but it still applies if you want to become a star player.

Lebron23
05-18-2016, 08:47 PM
Poor Man's Durant.

oarabbus
05-18-2016, 08:49 PM

It's a regimen (regiment is like an army battalion), and no I don't think he needs one. Those skinny fuc.ks like Tayshaun, KD, Kirilenko **** people up on the court.

G-train
05-18-2016, 08:51 PM

Rudy Gay, upon leaving a team, automatically improves said team.

Fudge
05-18-2016, 08:51 PM
What in the bloody phuck is an Ingramme?

G-train
05-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Ingram and Gay were both drafted as small forwards.
That's about it.

ImKobe
05-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Ingram and Gay were both drafted as small forwards.
That's about it.

This.

Ingram is taller and has a bigger wingspan and is only 18 years of age

Gay was a worse 3pt shooter and averaged less points/rebounds per game his sophomore years despite being the better athlete

Ingram as a prospect is more similar to KD. Same measurables, similar skillset.

WolfGang
05-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Nope Gay 2.0 belongs to wiggins

:roll:

Wiggs is a super role player. Both Zach and Hello Kitty are better than him.