PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard officially burns his bridge with Houston

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

ESPN: Some of your teammates in Houston didn't appreciate your "disinterest.'' Any regrets on how you handled it?

Howard: "My friends kept telling me, 'Even if you aren't getting shots, there are so many other things you can control while you are on the floor.' And they were right. I allowed not getting the ball to affect me. That's on me. As a big, someone who has been the focal point of the team, who is still young, who still has some great years in front of me, you run the floor, you sprint as hard as you can, you duck in, and still, you don't get the ball. It brings you down. It sucks the energy out of you. I had long conversations with people close to me who said, 'Dwight, this is going to make you look bad. Don't keep doing this.' So I listened to them.''

ESPN: Your relationship with Harden seems to have deteriorated along with the team's performance this season. What happened?

Howard: "I don't know. ... I want to figure that out, too. I've been trying to wrap my mind around this season, what went wrong, and sometimes you can allow outside things to interrupt the circle. That probably happened with us.''

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15596878/dwight-howard-qa-superman-returns

We Lakers fans tried to warn you. I have been saying this since 2009. Dwight is not who you thought he was.

Which team is going to be dumb enough to sign this cancer?

Stay tuned for Houston's dirty locker room laundry!

StephHamann
05-19-2016, 01:34 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/806XM/oops-i-did-it-again/image.jpg

FKAri
05-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Does Houston really need a basketball team?

stalkerforlife
05-19-2016, 01:40 PM
I blame Kobe.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Spurs should sign him. Pop could turn him around, along with two unselfish all-stars.

fiddy
05-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Spurs should sign him. Pop could turn him around, along with two unselfish all-stars.
Spurs dont go after immature clowns. But i can see him benefiting from their system.

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 01:45 PM
For the record, I think if Dwight spends the summer listening to coaches, and is willing to run the offense his coach says, Dwight can still be an effective roll player in a PnR offense with Harden. In theory it should be a lethal duo.

Dwight does not screen properly or roll properly. If someone could teach him to do these things, and also not bring the ball low under his head when he catches it, he can be an effective offensive player.

houston
05-19-2016, 01:48 PM
dwight being dwight

Dictator
05-19-2016, 01:52 PM
You guys are sleeping on Dwight, he's still good, he just needs to play on a team that fits him.

inclinerator
05-19-2016, 01:57 PM
dwight is right

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 01:57 PM
dwight is right though, even in his peanut sized head he has more basketball knowledge that that donut munching fatass morey

Da Real Lambo
05-19-2016, 01:59 PM
He is who Mr. Jabbar thought he was. :rockon:

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 02:02 PM
You guys are sleeping on Dwight, he's still good, he just needs to play on a team that fits him.
Dwight is capable of being good but Dwight is the one holding himself back.

He still thinks he's a low post player deserving of being a first or second option and getting fed in the low block and told to go to work.

Dwight sucks at this. He turns the ball over one out of five times in the low post and he averages below the league average in points per possession when he gets the ball in the low post.

Morey was correct to not feed Dwight in the low post. Statistically and strategically it was right to not give Dwight touches down there.

In the pick and roll, especially with a player like Harden, IMO Dwight can be deadly. He is big and strong all he has to do is set a strong screen, roll to the basket, and not bring the ball down low like he always does.

Dwight is on record saying he doesn't want to run the PnR because he did it in Orlando with SVG. He got SVG fired for running the pick and roll.
He went to LAL and Nash and Kobe are on record in the media saying they wanted to feed Dwight on the PnR and make him the first option but Dwight REFUSED to run the PnR with Nash and Kobe. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT IF YOU'RE PLAYING WITH ONE OF THE BEST PNR GUARDS OF ALL TIME?!?!?!

Dwight can still be good on the court but his problem is he still thinks he's Shaq. A coach needs to sit down with Dwight and tell him the hard truth and Dwight needs to listen. maybe he'd listen to Hakeem.:confusedshrug:

Dwight is not capable of being a great defender in the modern NBA IMO. Even guys like Festus Ezeli and Clint Capela are much better defenders than Dwight at this point in time.

coin24
05-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Obviously this is kobes fault

Springsteen
05-19-2016, 02:03 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he said.

They weren't getting him involved at all on the offensive end, most of the time he was just cleaning up a missed Harden shot or a brick from one of their "snipers".

No need to hate on him because he saw the writing on the wall with the nosedive the Lakers were heading in. :lol

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 02:05 PM

They weren't getting him involved at all on the offensive end, most of the time he was just cleaning up a missed Harden shot or a brick from one of their "snipers".

No need to hate on him because he saw the writing on the wall with the nosedive the Lakers were heading in. :lol
He refused to run the pick and roll and he statistically is well below average when it comes to post ups. On top of it all, he turns the ball over one out of five times when he catches it in the low block.

Did you expect Houston to feed a player who has a career stat of turning the ball over 20% of the time every time he touches it in the low block? That's not smart basketball.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2016, 02:08 PM
He refused to run the pick and roll and he statistically is well below average when it comes to post ups. On top of it all, he turns the ball over one out of five times when he catches it in the low block.

Did you expect Houston to feed a player who has a career stat of turning the ball over 20% of the time every time he touches it in the low block? That's not smart basketball.
Neither is shooting 36% with 17 FGA :kobe:

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Neither is shooting 36% with 17 FGA :kobe:
If you are trying to tank and get a top 3 pick, that is very smart basketball.:cheers:

ArbitraryWater
05-19-2016, 02:15 PM

seriously.. whats this pause by Chuck on "would you want him on your team" ?? The ****? This new Dwight hating trend is lame as hell... would I take Dwight knowing what he could do from '09-'14 and still is able to do right now?? Yes, duh

miggyme1
05-19-2016, 02:16 PM
morey is a dumbazz...why bring Dwight in if you know this guy is gonna want a certain role (touches) and you know you plan on NOT giving him his touches...yet you sign him to this mega deal for a lesser role??? hell why not get someone like a Tyson chandler???? smfh

Dwight still hasn't matured.....you should know that whenever a situation goes awry the first person we look at is the player...they are the most visible. People see you not showing interest on the court. As a pro you gotta be able to show initiative no more matter how shitty the organization is. Think long term (this situation might be shitty but if I play my ass off an organization that isn't shitty might offer me a max deal come next summer)

now the elephant in the room....james harden......dude is looking and seeming to be more and more like a kobe type....me,me,me,me....fucc the team if im not scoring 30 a night. I HAVE TO BE THE STAR PLAYER. I WANNA PLAY WITH GREAT PLAYERS BUT THEY CANT BE GREATER THAN ME OR CHALLENGE ME AS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM. Does nothing else on the court to make his team better...all about scoring and one thing that DOES separate him from KOBE is kobe would die to win ships....harden looks like a player content on endorsements and sleeping with white middle eastern chicks that love banging black guys for cool points.

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 02:57 PM
seriously.. whats this pause by Chuck on "would you want him on your team" ?? The ****? This new Dwight hating trend is lame as hell... would I take Dwight knowing what he could do from '09-'14 and still is able to do right now?? Yes, duh
Yes, I would take Kevin Garnett on my team, knowing what he did in 2007-2010:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Dwight has played like shit for 4 straight seasons. He has earned the hate.

Kblaze8855
05-19-2016, 03:02 PM
14/12/2 blocks on 60+ percent shooting in like 30 minutes? 16/11 and 18/12 the previous 2 years also in low minutes? In the 3 worst seasons since he was legal to drink? The only real question about Dwight is if hes gonna be a first ballot hall of famer or if its gonna take a while. I suspect it takes....3-4 years. But hes going.

Spending all this time talking shit on people who will be remembered as all time greats no matter what you think just seems odd to me.

I dont like Karl Malone. James Harden is annoying to me. But hating in dozens of new topics isnt gonna do a thing to reduce the estimation of them in the eyes of the sports world.

Dwight is gonna end up enshrined right next to the best players of all time many of which accomplished less than he has(probably about half the hall of fame). Dwight doesnt need to be Hakeem or Kareem to justify praise or keep getting big contracts. Hes more Alex English level than Larry Bird. Not everyone is all time elite. But they end up in the same hall of fame.

He has nothing to be ashamed of basketball wise and every team hes been on for 10 years has at least been decent and the ones that rode him the most were in that hazy kinda sorta contending area.

Hating this much over his supposed failures and so on.....you really compare his career to a lot of greats...he stands up.

Hes in there with Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier, Dan Issel, Spencer Haywood, and so on in that second tier of legendary centers. Maybe third if you make a level for the Ewing and Dave Cowens types. Not that Ewing accomplished anything Dwight didnt either. He was better than Dwight(though some laker fans argued otherwise with me on here years ago). But he didnt actually do anything Dwight didnt career wise.

Dwight is having a pretty standard legendary bigman career. Problem is so many people only consider the best of the best of the best when they talk about how good current players are....and forget that most "legends" are like 6-8 time all stars who won 54 games once and never won a conference finals game.

Dwight is a straight up middle of the pack hall of famer.

Mr. Jabbar
05-19-2016, 03:05 PM
He is who Mr. Jabbar thought he was. :rockon:

:pimp:

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 03:06 PM
14/12/2 blocks on 60+ percent shooting in like 30 minutes? 16/11 and 18/12 the previous 2 years also in low minutes? In the 3 worst seasons since he was legal to drink? The only real question about Dwight is if hes gonna be a first ballot hall of famer or if its gonna take a while. I suspect it takes....3-4 years. But hes going.

Spending all this time talking shit on people who will be remembered as all time greats no matter what you think just seems odd to me.

I dont like Karl Malone. James Harden is annoying to me. But hating in dozens of new topics isnt gonna do a thing to reduce the estimation of them in the eyes of the sports world.

Dwight is gonna end up enshrined right next to the best players of all time many of which accomplished less than he has(probably about half the hall of fame). Dwight doesnt need to be Hakeem or Kareem to justify praise or keep getting big contracts. Hes more Alex English level than Larry Bird. Not everyone is all time elite. But they end up in the same hall of fame.

He has nothing to be ashamed of basketball wise and every team hes been on for 10 years has at least been decent and the ones that rode him the most were in that hazy kinda sorta contending area.

Hating this much over his supposed failures and so on.....you really compare his career to a lot of greats...he stands up.

Hes in there with Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier, Dan Issel, Spencer Haywood, and so on in that second tier of legendary centers. Maybe third if you make a level for the Ewing and Dave Cowens types. Not that Ewing accomplished anything Dwight didnt either. He was better than Dwight(though some laker fans argued otherwise with me on here years ago). But he didnt actually do anything Dwight didnt career wise.

Dwight is having a pretty standard legendary bigman career. Problem is so many people only consider the best of the best of the best when they talk about how good current players are....and forget that most "legends" are like 6-8 time all stars who won 54 games once and never won a conference finals game.

The Dwight era is over. He is too slow to play in the modern NBA.

I am talking about now. Not 7 years ago, grandpa.

Uncle Drew
:pimp:
Nice alt you got there.

hold this L
Honestly, he would be great if he took a massive cut for the Warriors if Ezeli goes for more money. I think in a team that passes the ball like Spurs and GSW where everyone is involved, he can be convinced to play for the team instead of himself. Him and Bogut rotating bigs would be a + for the Warriors.

I know it's an unpopular opinion though. :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
05-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Sounds like when a girl just wants to break up with you and comes up with every imaginable excuse to justify her actions. Dwight is basically and ultimately: A woman.

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 03:15 PM

I agree.

His peak in Orlando when he won 3x Defensive Player of the Year in a row was truly dominant

He was a top 3 player in the league. It was Kobe/LeBron interchangeable for 1 and 2, and then Dwight was right there at 3

If you remember the famous Phil Jackson quote when asked out of all the players in the NBA, if they did a redraft, who would he draft first and he said Dwight Howard

Dominated the glass, dominated the paint, in his prime he didn't only lead the league in blocks, but if you watched the games and saw how many shots he altered it was ridiculous. He single handedly anchored a top defense in the league in Orlando for years with very very little defensive help around him

On top of that as much as we would all hate on his offensive game because it was ugly as hell, he still scored 20 points per game on 60% FG...Even with his poor FT shooting it would work out to be around 61 to 63% TS in his peak years. For frame of reference Steph Curry's career TS% is 62%...So ugly as it may be, he was producing big time

He was a big deal

AirTupac
05-19-2016, 03:16 PM
BU BU BU BU ITS KOBES FAULT.

3 franchise bases despise this guy.

Kblaze8855
05-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Yes, I would take Kevin Garnett on my team, knowing what he did in 2007-2010:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Dwight put up 18/11 a couple years ago. 100% of the career 18/11 people are in the hall of fame or going. All the 18/10 people too...unless you count George Mcginnis ABA numbers into his career averages. If he had his first Rockets season every season you know what he would be when he retired? A first ballot hall of famer. Hell the 16/11 from last year? Wes Unseld only hit that one season of his entire career.

Which isnt to say he didnt deserve to be a no brainer hall of famer....he did. Point is...."Played like shit" is clearly too far when if a player does it his entire career....hes probably gonna get 3 max contracts, be a multi time all star and flirt with the HOF.

What Dwight has done the last 4 years....is play inconsistent but good basketball while fighting injury. And even the form hes been in since Orlando....hes pretty much like....between Rik smits or Rony Seikaly and Brad Daugherty level perhaps? Little below Brad to me.

Way too good to be going on and on about how hes sucked. Not like you need to fight off some group of people saying hes Kareem or Shaq. His biggest fans think hes like.....Zo. Maybe. And most of the nba fanbase wouldnt say that.

hes a good player. Always has been....is at times a great player. Just the way it is.

Kblaze8855
05-19-2016, 03:19 PM
The Dwight era is over. He is too slow to play in the modern NBA.

I am talking about now. Not 7 years ago, grandpa.

I think it would be best for all involved if I disregarded you for a while.

I can work with actual children. I struggle with adults acting like it.

AirTupac
05-19-2016, 03:20 PM
I disagree. This player has been a cancer. 3 franchises have been burnt as soon as he stepped on their homeland. Dwight may have had good seasons but if we're talking about winning, where the hell does this guy stand? His closest teammates have come out of the closet saying what a waste this guy is. Vince Carter, JJ Reddick and countless others have commented about his demeanour and how he treats the game. He was just blessed with top of the line steroids and a great body. At the end of the day, it translated to 0 championships and a hell of a lot of people , fans, coaches, teammates with a huge distaste in their mouths. Also he has like 20 kids, class act :lol

Kblaze8855
05-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Dwight may have had good seasons but if we're talking about winning, where the hell does this guy stand?

Somewhere around Zo and and ahead of Bob Lanier or Bob Mcadoo. Ahead of Chris Mullin, Alex English, Mitch Richmond, bernard King, Tmac, Tim Hardaway, Nique, and dozens of others. How much winning do you think run of the mill hall of famers do?

You look into it....hes pretty normal. Pistol Pete wishes he had half the success Dwight had...even in Houston.

ArbitraryWater
05-19-2016, 03:33 PM

2014 was two years ago dumbass :oldlol:

at least pick KG's prime, too, lol

Smoke117
05-19-2016, 03:37 PM
It's embarrassing how god damn stupid all these Dwight haters are.

thefatmiral
05-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Well he's going to continue to have problems wherever he goes then because no one is going to run an offense through him

StephHamann
05-19-2016, 03:53 PM
He destroyed the Mavs last year, he is still a top 5 center in the watered down west.

In the bloodbath EAST however, he would not even start on most teams.

TheImmortal
05-19-2016, 03:58 PM
dwight is right
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NKMsjPxfQ8rFAHc6Gf5GxQLSG3w=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2402706/soft.0.gif

TheMarkMadsen
05-19-2016, 04:04 PM
If he wants more touches than he should improve his post game. Which hasn't improved in years. He is still a liability when they double and he has little to no post game now that he can't just score on people by being an amazing athlete.

You want the ball?? Then put in the work.

HurricaneKid
05-19-2016, 04:11 PM
It's embarrassing how god damn stupid all these Dwight haters are.

3 time DPoY
5 time 1st team All NBA
8 Time All NBA

People runnin around here pretending he is Spencer Hawes

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 04:12 PM
I think it would be best for all involved if I disregarded you for a while.

I can work with actual children. I struggle with adults acting like it.
You still think Dwight is a great center, gramps. Stop living in the past and get with the modern times.

Nick Young
05-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Well he's going to continue to have problems wherever he goes then because no one is going to run an offense through him
A dumb team like the Bucks might IMO.

KungFuJoe
05-19-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm definitely no Dwight fan, but Morey doesn't know shit about basketball. Damn math nerd posing like he knows the game.

Klay 3D
05-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Dwert
D-12cm
Fright Coward
Butterfly Flower
Quite Sour
Stage-Too-Bright Howard
Buh-Bye Howard

Snarky Narc
05-19-2016, 04:39 PM
I blame Harden.

kamil
05-19-2016, 04:46 PM

Too bad such a team doesn't exist. This is the NBA, not the chinese league.

HurricaneKid
05-19-2016, 05:01 PM
A dumb team like the Bucks might IMO.

Giannis >>>>>>>>> ALL CURRENT LAKERS

StephHamann
05-20-2016, 05:28 AM
Whole Dwight interview

ESPN: One of the other criticisms of your game is you never expanded your range beyond the key. Why not?

Howard: "I used to shoot 1,000 shots a day. I called Kobe when I was still playing in Orlando and asked him what I should do. He's the one who told me to do take 1,000 a day. So I'd practice and practice them but then I'd be so afraid to take them in a game because I was so worried I would miss. I hate messing up. I hate failure. I was just talking to [WNBA star] Tina Thompson the other day about it. I told her about my fear of missing and she said, 'Dwight, you're gonna miss. Everyone does.' But I want to be perfect.''

https://media.giphy.com/media/3FBwwRCNTSa52/giphy.gif

This guy is so beta it ain't funny

miggyme1
05-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Whole Dwight interview

https://media.giphy.com/media/3FBwwRCNTSa52/giphy.gif

This guy is so beta it ain't funny

this word beta gets thrown around so much on here its lost its meaning.smh

If he is taking 1000 shots a day and missing more than he is hitting...why would he take shots in a game??? that doesn't make u a beta.

Its like some one practicing dunkin and barely touching the rim and then entering a dunk contest. that doesnt make u an alpha....it makes u stupid. Dwight is smart to not take jumpers in a game...this guy cant even hit a fuccin hook shot...but you want him taking 18 footers to prove he his alpha???

LMAO

Nets fan 93
05-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Though the team is un-selfish.. You know they would pass it down to Aldridge in the post before Howard.

miggyme1
05-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Though the team is un-selfish.. You know they would pass it down to Aldridge in the post before Howard.

not really.....lamarcus is a stretch 4 so you would dump the ball downlow to howard first everytime.....to collapse the defense...lamarcus is butter from anywhere on the court basically so you give him free room to operate.

Dro
05-20-2016, 11:23 AM

Exactly, I don't see how this makes him a cancer...I agree with him. If he's running the floor hard, and ducks in the middle of the paint, give him the damn ball, hell even we throw it to Ian if he did that, lol...Hell, it seems like we go to Ian more than the go to Howard, lol...It keeps Ian happy and he plays his but off on the other end and on the glass...

I'm not saying, he should be a #1 option or even #2 option on the low block and just throw it in to him so he can jack up left handed hook shots...But what he described is what ANYBODY would hate, not just a big man...You're running the court hard, playing defense, rotating, getting offensive rebounds and kicking it back out to a guy who's just launching 3's and not playing any defense?

If we were on the playground, Harden wouldn't even touch the ball, or he'd get his ass kicked...

Dro
05-20-2016, 11:31 AM
The guy never said anything an offense running through him in the future. He said he's used to it in the past, sure. But all he wants is more touches, I see nothing wrong with that.

chazzy
05-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Softest interview of all time

tpols
05-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Exactly, I don't see how this makes him a cancer...I agree with him. If he's running the floor hard, and ducks in the middle of the paint, give him the damn ball, hell even we throw it to Ian if he did that, lol...Hell, it seems like we go to Ian more than the go to Howard, lol...It keeps Ian happy and he plays his but off on the other end and on the glass...

I'm not saying, he should be a #1 option or even #2 option on the low block and just throw it in to him so he can jack up left handed hook shots...But what he described is what ANYBODY would hate, not just a big man...You're running the court hard, playing defense, rotating, getting offensive rebounds and kicking it back out to a guy who's just launching 3's and not playing any defense?

If we were on the playground, Harden wouldn't even touch the ball, or he'd get his ass kicked...

the problem is even when howard ducks in, the defense is still going to collapse and hes not a good passer, might get fouled and is not a good FT shooter, this is why his offensive efficiency on post ups is among worst in the league.

Harden should have the ball in his hands because hes capable of generating much higher level of offense and dwight should have a ben wallace mentality on defense and on offense a tristan thompson mentality of getting out of the way and crashing the boards hard. If he played within his scope hed be much more valuable than he is.

miggyme1
05-20-2016, 11:54 AM

if you were playing on the playground with harden you would never leave the playground because you would win every game.lol

what makes your friendly everyday neighborhood ball hog so different is that.....they don't have nba talent.lol

I agree with everything else you are saying but if im playing with harden OUTSIDE of the nba I have no problem with his game...we winning im happy now when im getting paid just like you are and you refuse to use me in the way this team wants to use me then yea we have a problem cuz now its personal....you RE DOING MY JOB.....AND THAT WOULD CAUSE A FIGHT.

Casually playing with an nba star in some park....hell id sit back and laugh at the opposing team for not having a chance..fucc passing me the ball

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 11:57 AM
He'll sign with Cleveland

Watch LeBron pull this one off

Offshore accounts ;)

PickernRoller
05-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I see Lebron tards courting Dwight with soft posts. These nikka's can't get any lower.

Optimus Prime
05-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Softest interview of all time

http://i.imgur.com/FMj8dIW.gif

Jameerthefear
05-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Don't come back here Dwight. You ****ing prick

Rocketswin2013
05-20-2016, 06:03 PM
bit of a dramatic title, no?

Nick Young
05-20-2016, 06:29 PM
bit of a dramatic title, no?
Not especially. Don't see him sticking around in Houston long after throwing his GM, Coach and star teammate under the bus and airing out his team's dirty laundry to the media. Again.

yeaaaman
05-20-2016, 08:09 PM

That's the key thing, watch Houston and please explain about their so called "snipers". We all know what Harden does, as cringworthy as it can be sometimes, but do the coaches really promote Patrick Beverly step back 3's? Ariza? Brewer? I'm honestly beyond shocked when I see their shot selection, and more shocked when they continue to do it as if it's part of their natural offense. I'm positive Dwight isn't the problem, how does removing him fix any of their problems?

Dro
05-20-2016, 08:22 PM
if you were playing on the playground with harden you would never leave the playground because you would win every game.lol

what makes your friendly everyday neighborhood ball hog so different is that.....they don't have nba talent.lol

I agree with everything else you are saying but if im playing with harden OUTSIDE of the nba I have no problem with his game...we winning im happy now when im getting paid just like you are and you refuse to use me in the way this team wants to use me then yea we have a problem cuz now its personal....you RE DOING MY JOB.....AND THAT WOULD CAUSE A FIGHT.

Casually playing with an nba star in some park....hell id sit back and laugh at the opposing team for not having a chance..fucc passing me the ball
You have a good point, I see what you mean.

nevetslc88
05-20-2016, 08:41 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/GIF/kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

AintNoSunshine
05-20-2016, 08:54 PM
he will be great again if the next team to sign him is a experienced one. Dude has always been hard working and is now desperately looking for a fresh start.

Hittin_Shots
05-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Guy wants more touches.. chooses to go to kobes lakers then hardens houston, seems hes not too bright.

elementally morale
05-20-2016, 09:10 PM
We Lakers fans tried to warn you. I have been saying this since 2009. Dwight is not who you thought he was.

I was nearly crucified back in 2009 when saying Dwight is mad overrated and nowhere near a top 3 player, and how, as a Laker fan I was a lot happier having Gasol.

Hindsight is 20/20 though. Thre aren't many here any more to remember that. Heck, there are posters on this board who weren't even alive when I started posting in 2002.

bdreason
05-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Howard is right. The Rockets would have been a better team if he was included more in the offense. Especially come playoff time when teams are able to gameplan.

elementally morale
05-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Howard is right. The Rockets would have been a better team if he was included more in the offense. Especially come playoff time when teams are able to gameplan.

The Rockets were between a rock and a hard place. They were good enough to make the playoffs making it hard to rebuild but they needed Harden to score and Dwight to defend at the same time. And with Harden's defense and Dwight's offense you won't be able to get very far.

Marchesk
05-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Does Houston really need a basketball team?

No, but Seattle does.