PDA

View Full Version : Main differences between Game 1 and Game 2 of the WCF

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 08:51 PM
The others

Let's look at the others in game 1

Draymond Green - Took 20 shots to score 23 points...this is awful efficiency and unacceptable for playoff basketball

Klay Thompson - Took 25 shots to score 25 points...this is awful efficiency and unacceptable for playoff basketball

Dray and Klay together scored 48 points on 45 shots...they straight up shot GSW out of the game.

Now let's look at the others in game 2

Draymond Green- 9 shots for 10 points, so pretty much the same shit-house efficiency but the thing is in game 2 Dray kept it on the handle and didn't shoot his team out of the game like in Game 1

Klay Thompson - 17 shots for 15 points, so pretty much the same shit-house efficiency but he scaled it back slightly and didn't shoot GSW out of the game like in Game 1

(FYI Steph MVP Curry had 28 points on 15 shots....basically he doubled Thompsons' points with the same amount of shots)

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson's efficiency in Game 1 and Game 2 of the WCF

48% TS

Steph Curry's efficiency in Game 1 and Game 2 of the WCF

68% TS

So basically Klay Thompson and Draymond Green need to not be ball stoppers and not shoot Golden State out of the game. Golden State needs to keep looking for the extra pass and make sure the others are looking for Curry rather than their own shot. If not then there will be repeats of Game 1.

stalkerforlife
05-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Great points.

Dray's at his best when he's creating for others. Klay's at his best when he's spotting up for shots. Put these two on any other team and they'd be exposed. Something tells me they're beginning to think they're just as good without Curry and would have just as much success.

More Curry and less everyone else = possible GOAT team.

stalkerforlife
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
And the Warriors should not look for anyone specifically other than Curry. They should never say "We gotta get Klay or Dray the ball." Klay and Dray have to get their production organically through ball movement and taking what the defense gives them.

Curry is the only one that can break out of the offense and remain just as potent.

Dray n Klay
05-19-2016, 09:42 PM
lol warriorfag needed his lapdog Justin to bump his extremely boring thread :sleeping

Dude struggles for replies lmao

imdaman99
05-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Must be nice scoring all your points on Kanter and Ibaka :oldlol:

Bankaii
05-19-2016, 09:54 PM
You conveniently left out that Curry took 22 shots for only 26 points and had 7 turnovers. Just as a reference the Warriors as a team excluding Curry only had 7 turnovers.

NZStreetBaller
05-19-2016, 10:11 PM
So okcs game didnt change at all?? Arent they responsible for 50 percent of the outcome of tge game??

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 10:40 PM
You conveniently left out that Curry took 22 shots for only 26 points and had 7 turnovers. Just as a reference the Warriors as a team excluding Curry only had 7 turnovers.

48% TS

68% TS

I haven't left out anything. This is the complete rundown of the Western Conference Finals

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson cannot score more efficiently than 48% TS which is awful. (For a frame of reference Kobe Bryant has a career TS% of 55%, and you consider Kobe Bryant inefficient...)

If Draymond Green and Klay Thompson keep on trying to step out of their role playing roles and force shots...the Warriors will lose just like they did in game 1.

Im Still Ballin
05-19-2016, 10:43 PM
You going to answer this callout bro?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12386115#post12386115

KiiiiNG
05-19-2016, 10:57 PM
lol warriorfag needed his lapdog Justin to bump his extremely boring thread :sleeping

Dude struggles for replies lmao
:oldlol:

True. Guy gets so much practice you'd think by now he could make a compelling troll thread. But nope. :lol

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Creating threads is about content, not amassing replies :facepalm

My threads usually have a higher level of basketball concepts that are presented so the target audience will be lower, for example Dray n Klay and Kiing and Bankaii have not been able to grasp the meaning and repercussions of taking so many shots while being so inefficient. Having a lower target audience will lower the replies, however the people who do contribute will provide a much higher quality of discussion.

Quality over quantity. I know this goes against the spirit of some of the posters' spamming and trolling style but this is how real basketball discussion takes place.

KiiiiNG
05-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Creating threads is about content, not amassing replies :facepalm

My threads usually have a higher level of basketball concepts that are presented so the target audience will be lower, for example Dray n Klay and Kiing and Bankaii have not been able to grasp the meaning and repercussions of taking so many shots while being so inefficient. Having a lower target audience will lower the replies, however the people who do contribute will provide a much higher quality of discussion.

Quality over quantity. I know this goes against the spirit of some of the posters' spamming and trolling style but this is how real basketball discussion takes place.
metldown!

The **** you spewin' retard? You know nothing about sports. Your content is generic and boring, thus you get no replies. Quality over quantity? You've posted 10,000 times this year alone and haven't made one quality post about anything. :facepalm

Dray n Klay
05-19-2016, 11:16 PM
metldown!

The **** you spewin' retard? You know nothing about sports. Your content is generic and boring, thus you get no replies. Quality over quantity? You've posted 10,000 times this year alone and haven't made one quality post about anything. :facepalm

F*cking REKT :roll: :banana:

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 11:17 PM
metldown!

are you ok? you seem pretty upset right now...

if you are having some problems you would like to talk about

pm me

tpols
05-19-2016, 11:19 PM
true..

I dont have any problem with Klay shooting high volume, only thing that bothers me is when he takes those quick home run style 3s when its not always appropriate, needs to scale those back.

Draymond should be passing and only shooting if wide open.

stalkerforlife
05-19-2016, 11:19 PM

pm me

You've owned that kid Budadiii ever since you hit him with the Ross dress for less line.

:roll:

KiiiiNG
05-19-2016, 11:21 PM

pm me
Your only supporter on this site is a 34 year old welfare recipient with severe acne scars. :roll:

I guess orphans stick together. :oldlol:

warriorfan
05-19-2016, 11:21 PM
You've owned that kid Budadiii ever since you hit him with the Ross dress for less line.

:roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol:

MJistheGOAT
05-19-2016, 11:23 PM
I know this forum is full of trolls, alts and fanboys ....

But I agree with OP, it seems Dray n Klay were forcing it in Game 1, also Curry was too passive (injuries?). GSW had too many TOs and were unfocused in D.

tamaraw08
05-20-2016, 02:03 AM
The others

Draymond Green - Took 20 shots to score 23 points...this is awful efficiency and unacceptable for playoff basketball

Klay Thompson - Took 25 shots to score 25 points...this is awful efficiency and unacceptable for playoff basketball

Dray and Klay together scored 48 points on 45 shots...they straight up shot GSW out of the game.

Draymond Green- 9 shots for 10 points, so pretty much the same shit-house efficiency but the thing is in game 2 Dray kept it on the handle and didn't shoot his team out of the game like in Game 1

Klay Thompson - 17 shots for 15 points, so pretty much the same shit-house efficiency but he scaled it back slightly and didn't shoot GSW out of the game like in Game 1

(FYI Steph MVP Curry had 28 points on 15 shots....basically he doubled Thompsons' points with the same amount of shots)

48% TS

68% TS

So basically Klay Thompson and Draymond Green need to not be ball stoppers and not shoot Golden State out of the game. Golden State needs to keep looking for the extra pass and make sure the others are looking for Curry rather than their own shot. If not then there will be repeats of Game 1.
It has nothing to do with their defense?
Or what OKC did?, their turnovers or their defense etc? of dumb mistakes like fouling a poor shooter like Iggy 25 feet away?
Durant had 8 turnovers and 1 assist, Adams had 2 offensive rebs etc.
Just GSW's shot selection and volume of shots of certain players?

warriorfan
05-20-2016, 02:12 AM
It has nothing to do with their defense?
Or what OKC did?, their turnovers or their defense etc? of dumb mistakes like fouling a poor shooter like Iggy 25 feet away?
Just GSW's shot selection and volume of shots of certain players?

Klay Thompson and Draymond Green taking 17 less shots had way more to do with the win than OKC fouling Andre Iguodala one time.

Of course there are more minor factors of differences from game 1 to game 2 but the main reason for the improved Golden State performance was Klay Thompson and Draymond Green taking 17 less shots.

Mr. Jabbar
05-20-2016, 03:12 AM
Excelent analysis by op, as always. :applause:

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 03:22 AM
metldown!

BODIED :roll: :roll:

k0kakw0rld
05-20-2016, 03:33 AM
The others

48% TS

68% TS

So you are telling me that Warriors are better off without Dray n Klay?

I pray to GOD they asked to get traded. We will see who's going to do the dirty work on defense for Curry. His ass will get exposed and will go back to his early career self.

warriorfan
05-20-2016, 02:15 PM
So you are telling me that Warriors are better off without Dray n Klay?

As I mentioned earlier this thread is targeting an audience with a higher level of basketball knowledge. If the facts you took away from this discussion is that "Warriors are better off with out Draymond Green and Klay Thompson", then you just have exposed yourself as someone who does not know a lot about basketball.

Of course the Warriors are not better off without Draymond Green and Klay Thompson. Draymond Green is a bottom end top 10 player due to his defense and playmaking and hustling, even if his scoring and shooting is very poor his hustle and intangibles well make up for it. The problem is he needs to realize his role...he is not a talented scorer, he is a hustle defender and can make the extra pass out of Steph Curry initiated sets. Steve Kerr has had to battle with Draymond to reel in his 3 pointers multiple times this season. Kerr needs to stay vigilant and keep Draymond on a short leash or there will be repeats of Game 1. Klay Thompson is not as good as Draymond Green but he is still a respectable player. But as with Draymond, Klay has proven himself to have questionable bballIQ at times, especially under pressure, and tendencies to shrink in big game scenarios vs tougher defenses. (Think 2015 Finals where Klay Thompson averaged 15/4/1 on 51% TS.) During the regular season he was a 20 point scoring all star on good percentages and his game just completely fell flat in the Finals. I thought that these jitters were worked out of Klay but we seem to be seeing the same problem in these WCF. Klay needs to not only be able to score, but to score efficiently. If Klay keeps on taking 15 to 20 shots while scoring on sub 50% TS...Warriors will lose this series. Klay needs to know his role and play it efficiently or we will see Game 1 all over again.

I pray to GOD they asked to get traded. We will see who's going to do the dirty work on defense for Curry. His ass will get exposed and will go back to his early career self.

I don't really know where this is coming from...I hope you can get over whatever is bothering you and you start to feel better.

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Lol look at you picking numbers to fit your agenda. How about...

Game 1:
RW&KD = 8 turnovers
Curry = 7
D&K = 4

Game 2: (Klay highest +/-)
RW&KD = 11 turnovers
Curry = 3
D&K = 3

So the facts say if Curry quits turning the fcking ball over, the Warriors win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They've won and lost in various ways this year and that includes with Steph going off or in spite of him. Curry had 12 points against the Jazz and they still won. Shot 7/13 from deep and still lost to the Blazers. Put up 38 points but 8 turnovers against the Nuggets in a losing effort where Klay went 54% from the field...See? There are many ways to skin a cat. They won game 2 because of their hustle on the offensive boards and minimalizing perimeter turnovers which leads to easy transition baskets for Westbrook who had 7 steals in game 1. 13 transition points compared to game 1's 21. Of course Curry's greatness was one of the keys for the victory as well.

PsychoBe
05-20-2016, 02:54 PM
great analysis op, i recognized the same thing :applause:

klay thompson near the end of the 4th quarter in game one tried to go for multiple "home-run" three point shots instead of trusting the system and he cost the warriors the game down the stretch.

one play i remember in particular was when draymond green was iso'd against either ibaka or adams iirc, and instead of trying to throw the ball back out, he charged down the lane and missed a lay-up down the stretch.

the system is made for roleplayers, not superstars. roleplayers need to understand their role down to the letter. superstars need to understand their roleplayers role just as much as they do in order to get them going and maximize their talent/potential within the system.

down the stretch of game 1 curry rarely even touched the ball. as soon as klay got it he shot it, as soon as dray got it he shot it, they didn't move the ball like they were supposed to and they effectively froze curry out.

game 2 curry went on a run in the third quarter and the thunder never recovered. igudola had a lot to do with their improved play as well, but klay and dray not forcing shots really helped to smooth the offense out too.

maybe they weren't fully used to relying on curry yet since he had just came back from injury, but from now on they have no more excuses. they need to play their role to perfection or else they will drag the team down like they did in game 1.

game 1 is a perfect example as to why this team without curry would be no better than the raptors or hawks come playoff time.

teams win games but superstars win playoff games.

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 03:06 PM
game 1 is a perfect example as to why this team without curry would be no better than the raptors or hawks come playoff time.

They don't win OKC without Draymond.
Probably wouldn't have beat the Blazers without Klay.
Without Iggy last year, the Cavs may have won.

Superstars may win/close out playoff games but great role players alongside of them win rings.

DingDengDong
05-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Thunder/Warriors Game 1 ISEA

nba_55
05-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Lol look at you picking numbers to fit your agenda. How about...

Game 1:
RW&KD = 8 turnovers
Curry = 7
D&K = 4

Game 2: (Klay highest +/-)
RW&KD = 11 turnovers
Curry = 3
D&K = 3

So the facts say if Curry quits turning the fcking ball over, the Warriors win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They've won and lost in various ways this year and that includes with Steph going off or in spite of him. Curry had 12 points against the Jazz and they still won. Shot 7/13 from deep and still lost to the Blazers. Put up 38 points but 8 turnovers against the Nuggets in a losing effort where Klay went 54% from the field...See? There are many ways to skin a cat. They won game 2 because of their hustle on the offensive boards and minimalizing perimeter turnovers which leads to easy transition baskets for Westbrook who had 7 steals in game 1. 13 transition points compared to game 1's 21. Of course Curry's greatness was one of the keys for the victory as well.

This bro. Anyone can cherry pick stats to ''prove'' their agenda.

TommyGriffin
05-20-2016, 04:11 PM
OP is being a little hard on Thompson and Green but I can see where he is coming from.

livinglegend
05-20-2016, 04:14 PM
OP is copying 3ball. :lol What a loser!:lol
People copy successfull, hard working people. And we have Mr.OP AKA curry ********** copying a Internet troll :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
What a sad life you ve got.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Warriorfan copy/pasting lap dog :roll: :roll:

Snarky Narc
05-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Warriorfan copy/pasting lap dog :roll: :roll:

warriorfan
05-20-2016, 04:35 PM
This thread is for serious basketball discussion only.

It is obvious you are not mature enough and too emotionally invested in the outcome to be able to participate in a normal dialog on the matter, or on anything to be quite honest.

These are some things you should work on. Perhaps you could explore the route of medication for your issues/disorder.

warriorfan
05-20-2016, 11:22 PM
great analysis op, i recognized the same thing :applause:

klay thompson near the end of the 4th quarter in game one tried to go for multiple "home-run" three point shots instead of trusting the system and he cost the warriors the game down the stretch.

Yes, Klay was being a ball stopper/black hole. Curry would initiate the offense and the ball would stop with Klay taking a crazy heat check shot. I could understand if it was one heat check after a scoring spree but it wasn't, it was poor shot after poor shot, all early in the shot clock, all before having multiple teammates touch the ball. Curry would start the offense and never see the rock again.

one play i remember in particular was when draymond green was iso'd against either ibaka or adams iirc, and instead of trying to throw the ball back out, he charged down the lane and missed a lay-up down the stretch.

I remember this play vividly as well because I did get very upset at it. Draymond is a valuable player but scoring is his weakest area by far. A huge part of being a successful basketball player is knowing what works for you and what doesn't, and sticking to that gameplan. Draymond strayed away from this and forced many poor shots leading to an attrocious TS% and shooting GSW out of the game. Draymond and Golden State are far better when Draymond is looking to make plays rather than looking for his own shot.

the system is made for roleplayers, not superstars. roleplayers need to understand their role down to the letter. superstars need to understand their roleplayers role just as much as they do in order to get them going and maximize their talent/potential within the system.

Agreed on all points

down the stretch of game 1 curry rarely even touched the ball. as soon as klay got it he shot it, as soon as dray got it he shot it, they didn't move the ball like they were supposed to and they effectively froze curry out.

This is correct. Curry had less than 2 shot attempts in the entire first 10 minutes of the quarter, Curry's last 3 or 4 shot attempts of the quarter were when warriors had to intentional foul because the game was already well over. If you read the stat sheet of the 4th quarter it is misleading to what actually happened rather than if you watched the game.

game 2 curry went on a run in the third quarter and the thunder never recovered. igudola had a lot to do with their improved play as well but klay and dray not forcing shots really helped to smooth the offense out too.

Draymond and Klay were able to settle down in their respective roles. It's obvious but role players play better when they stay within their roles! That's what happened in game 2 and it allowed the offense to normalize and Steph Curry had more room to operate and we all saw the results in the 3rd quarter.

maybe they weren't fully used to relying on curry yet since he had just came back from injury, but from now on they have no more excuses. they need to play their role to perfection or else they will drag the team down like they did in game 1.

This is speculative but I was thinking the same thing. The others got to big for their britches after a few Curryless wins and thought they could deviate from the game plan. I'm pretty sure that Game 1 in Oracle sobered them up from that nonsense though.

Agreed

tamaraw08
05-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Klay Thompson and Draymond Green taking 17 less shots had way more to do with the win than OKC fouling Andre Iguodala one time.

Of course there are more minor factors of differences from game 1 to game 2 but the main reason for the improved Golden State performance was Klay Thompson and Draymond Green taking 17 less shots.

game 2 vs Houston, Klay and Green took a combined 32 shots and yet they won the game.

game 1 vs Portland, Klay and Green took a combined 42 shots and beat the Blazers.

game 2, they combined for 40 shots and beat Portland.

Im not saying them always taking a huge volume of shots will enhanced their chances of winning but there is more to it than just these 2 taking a certain no. of shots.
By your theory, OKC should dare to leave Green open in the perimeter. Also dare Klay shoot more and make sure Steph gets coverage so he'll have limited looks. If Steph passes to Green, let him take 25 shots if needed be?

warriorfan
05-21-2016, 01:24 AM
game 2 vs Houston, Klay and Green took a combined 32 shots and yet they won the game.

game 1 vs Portland, Klay and Green took a combined 42 shots and beat the Blazers.

game 2, they combined for 40 shots and beat Portland.

Im not saying them always taking a huge volume of shots will enhanced their chances of winning but there is more to it than just these 2 taking a certain no. of shots.
By your theory, OKC should dare to leave Green open in the perimeter. Also dare Klay shoot more and make sure Steph gets coverage so he'll have limited looks. If Steph passes to Green, let him take 25 shots if needed be?

Portland and Houston are very different teams than OKC.

Klay Thompson and Draymond Green may be able to occationally get by with volume attempts on low percentages vs the non contender teams, but in the WCF and Finals that type of play will not get the job done.

Terahite
05-21-2016, 01:33 AM
Main difference between games 1 & 2 was Curry not being terribly embarrassing in the 4th quarter in game 2

:lol :applause:

LakersForlife
05-21-2016, 01:46 AM
curry fams basketball IQ is unmatched in this forum.. great analysis... klay and dray should stay playing like a role player if they wanna win it all

warriorfan
05-21-2016, 05:30 AM
Main difference between games 1 & 2 was Curry not being terribly embarrassing in the 4th quarter in game 2

:lol :applause:

Curry was not embarrassing in game 1 or game 2 in any of the quarters and especially not the 4th. If you were reading the box scores you may of misinterpreted what really happened. If you were watching the game you could see that Steph had no shot opportunities until the very end of the game when the game was already over, they were 35+ foot heaves while he was in triple coverage and the Warriors were already down by more than 3 possessions. Psychobe describes what happened that lead the Warriors to this point.

klay thompson in the 4th quarter in game one tried to go for multiple "home-run" three point shots instead of trusting the system and he cost the warriors the game down the stretch

Klay was being a ball stopper/black hole. Curry would initiate the offense and the ball would stop with Klay taking a crazy heat check shot. I could understand if it was one heat check after a scoring spree but it wasn't, it was poor shot after poor shot, all early in the shot clock, all before having multiple teammates touch the ball. Curry would start the offense and never see the rock again.

SwayDizzle
05-21-2016, 10:17 AM
op is knowledgable

theaussieguy
05-21-2016, 10:33 AM
great thread OP, its refreshing to see some actual basketball being discussed for once. Sometimes I think Curry fans are the only fans of real efficient basketball left on the planet.

warriorfan
05-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Thread Recap

Game 1

Draymond Green - Took 20 shots to score only 23 points

Klay Thompson - Took 25 shots to score only 25 points

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson together scored 48 points on 45 shots

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson shot large volumes of attempts while being terribly inefficient. Draymond Green and Klay Thompson shot Golden State out of the game during Game 1

Game 2

Draymond Green - Took 9 shots for only 10 points

Klay Thompson - Took 17 shots for only 15 points

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson reduced their shot attempts and played within their respective roles. Usually when players reduce their shooting volume their efficiency rises, this wasn't the case here as we still see the exact same terrible efficiency. However lowering their shot volume so Steph Curry could see more quality looks before the game got out of hand was the difference in the game and why Golden State won the game

(Steph Curry - Took only 15 shots for 28 points)

tamaraw08
05-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Portland and Houston are very different teams than OKC.

Klay Thompson and Draymond Green may be able to occationally get by with volume attempts on low percentages vs the non contender teams, but in the WCF and Finals that type of play will not get the job done.
Would you say then that the best strategy is for OKC to dare Green to shoot his defender better off helping/patrolling the lanes etc?

PP34Deuce
05-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Iggy is their xfactor. When he plays real good they are impossible to stop