PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs most successful lineup in the playoffs doesn't feature Kyrie or Love

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Delly-Shump-Jefferson-LeBron-Frye

50 minutes played

120+ Offensive rating
80 defensive rating

ImKobe
05-20-2016, 07:57 AM

50 minutes played

120+ Offensive rating
80 defensive rating

50 minutes over 10 games, that's 5 mins per game nikka I can divide :oldlol:

Sounds like a line-up they put out against 2nd units in blow outs

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 08:02 AM

Someone who hasn't been watching games confirmed.

LeBron has been starting quarters with the bench players, leaving the first quarter early with Kevin and Kyrie still in.

ImKobe
05-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Someone who hasn't been watching games confirmed.

LeBron has been starting quarters with the bench players, leaving the first quarter early with Kevin and Kyrie still in.

Didn't I just say that it sounds like a line-up they would put out against other team's 2nd units?

:roll:

So Derozan and Lowry are resting on the bench and Lebron comes in early to give his 2nd unit some fast offense against other team's bench fodder

and that my friends is the line-up they should play against Curry/Klay/Barnes/Iggy/Green

Bigsmoke
05-20-2016, 08:20 AM

50 minutes played

120+ Offensive rating
80 defensive rating

I wouldn't bet that lineup will go far against Golden State. If not the same results from last year

SexSymbol
05-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Just like I was saying all year long, Kyrie and Love will not help that much against GSW, and the team is better defensively without them which gives a better fighting chance against the warriors

moongaze
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM

A lineup featuring lebron and shooters that usually plays against the oppositions bench

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Didn't I just say that it sounds like a line-up they would put out against other team's 2nd units?

:roll:

So Derozan and Lowry are resting on the bench and Lebron comes in early to give his 2nd unit some fast offense against other team's bench fodder

and that my friends is the line-up they should play against Curry/Klay/Barnes/Iggy/Green
Successful does not mean best

Ben Simmons
05-20-2016, 08:50 AM
If you watch the games, this is pretty obvious.

The ball moves and the defense is much better.

moongaze
05-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Yeah guys Kyrie and love suck. This is what op wants you to believe. Delly and Frye should get max contracts. Bench love and Irving and trade the scrubs next season for role players. Cavs are much better without them.

hold this L
05-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Lue should bench them in the finals then, since it's so unsuccessful :pimp:

Kingwillball
05-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Just like I was saying all year long, Kyrie and Love will not help that much against GSW, and the team is better defensively without them which gives a better fighting chance against the warriors

Wake up please.. Irving will be in running for finals MVP.

Snarky Narc
05-20-2016, 09:11 AM

LeBron stat padding confirmed.

ImKobe
05-20-2016, 09:15 AM
A lineup featuring lebron and shooters that usually plays against the oppositions bench

I get that, but OP was making it out to be like that line-up is the most optimal one for Cleveland, like the Cavs would be WORSE if they had Irving and Love playing on the floor instead. That's just not true.

Obviously the line-up is super effective and Lue's rotations are on point but is it going to be as effective in the Finals? And it only accounts for what, 10% of the game at best, probably not even that in a close series.

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Bingo. Lebron against the second unit :roll:

PP34Deuce
05-20-2016, 09:50 AM
What I've seen Lue do is...

1st quarter- Get love and Kyrie going. Lebron is actually the PG and moving off the ball.

Last 5-6 minutes of the first quarter- Kyrie time. Kyrie is taking advantage of switches off the dribble in a Curry way.

Beginning of 2nd quarter- Lebron and that lineup of shooters and defense play defense with Lebron as the vocal point in the post.

Rinse and repeat for the second half.

This all works because of shooters finishers and Lebron. I feel like every year he's literally gotten better at being a floor general. He could always make fancy passes but the man is seeing the game Magic like. Even Skip Bayless and other "haters" are saying he's like Magic as a floor general now.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2016, 11:13 PM
Bump lol!