PDA

View Full Version : How many scorers you reckon are better than Durant in NBA history?

iamgine
05-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Not offense as a whole, just scoring.

aj1987
05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Not offense as a whole, just scoring.
There are tons of players who at their peaks are pretty much on KD's level scoring wise. MJ, Shaq, KAJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, West, and Curry off the top of my head.

sd3035
05-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Curry and Durant are all alone at the top

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-20-2016, 08:42 AM
MJ
Dantley
Gervin
Bird [floor general could have had more stats if he wanted]
Rick Barry [Not even kidding]
Kobe[Also not kidding]
Kareem
[Stat Padding Ilt]

Snarky Narc
05-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Curry

BigTicket
05-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Very few.

I would only put Jordan, Kareem and Wilt above him.

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 09:51 AM
7ish

Lebronxrings
05-20-2016, 09:55 AM
There are tons of players who at their peaks are pretty much on KD's level scoring wise. MJ, Shaq, KAJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, West, and Curry off the top of my head.
:oldlol: peak kobe was never as good a scorer as durant. Ever

bigkingsfan
05-20-2016, 09:57 AM
With enough attempts, Kobe.

hateraid
05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Yet Kobe holds multiple scoring records? If you're going to hate, pick on the facts

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 10:34 AM
54 career high :roll:

Kobe did more than that 9 times. 4 consecutive 50 point games with 2 of them being 60+ :bowdown:

aj1987
05-20-2016, 10:38 AM
:oldlol: peak LeBron was never as good a scorer as durant. Ever
FTFY.

CavaliersFTW
05-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Plus Wilt in the category of his own tops all of them :applause:

aj1987
05-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Plus Wilt in the category of his own tops all of them :applause:
Yeah, in a category of his own. As the WOAT Finals performer and RS statpadder.

Draz
05-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Durant the most boring to ever play who cares

Tking714
05-20-2016, 11:16 AM

Kobe was twice the slasher Durant is

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Yeah, in a category of his own. As the WOAT Finals performer and RS statpadder.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Kobe was twice the slasher Durant is

post game too

Disaprine
05-20-2016, 12:02 PM
a lot, KD hasn't done enough yet.

plowking
05-20-2016, 12:09 PM
I can't name 5 players.

In fact, I can't name 15 players that are better than him. Dude is that good. If he wins a few, he'll finally get some credit for how ridiculous his numbers are.

His MVP season is insane. Take a look at that season in a vacuum, and tell me it isn't as good as any of MJ's or Lebron's.

bizil
05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Scoring wise, I view Wilt, Kareem, and MJ as the Big Three! Wilt is the most dominant, Kareem the all time leading scorer, and MJ has the best all time career scoring average. But besides those three, KD doesn't have to take a backseat to ANYBODY scoring wise! So for me, I could see KD ranked as high as #4 for now. He has four scoring titles, is ranked 3rd all time in scoring average, and is a 50-40-90 guy. When it comes to great shooters and scorers in one, the Mt. Rushmore is Bird, Curry, KD, and West.

ClipperRevival
05-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Only a handful. The guy gets his so easily with his amazing length and height along with shooting ability. He is without a doubt one of the best scorers ever.

FKAri
05-20-2016, 05:27 PM
I might not agree with Shaq and Lebron. Both of those players posed matchup problems but their numbers plummeted when they were defended by someone who could match up to them physically. As much of a matchup nightmare Durant is, his numbers aren't dictated as much by his defenders as they are by him being on point with his jumper or not. Can't comment on West and Kareem because I didn't see them play or in Kareem's case he was in his twilight years.

Nick Young
05-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Curry>Durant

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I might not agree with Shaq and Lebron. Both of those players posed matchup problems but their numbers plummeted when they were defended by someone who could match up to them physically. As much of a matchup nightmare Durant is, his numbers aren't dictated as much by his defenders as they are by him being on point with his jumper or not. Can't comment on West and Kareem because I didn't see them play or in Kareem's case he was in his twilight years.

:biggums:

Not that I didn't disagree with the Bron part.. but the Shaq one especially is rubbish.

tpols
05-20-2016, 05:33 PM

bolded isnt true man.. Durant has been completely taken off his game by physical play multiple times.

artest in '10, marion in '11, tony allen in '14 just off the top of my head. he struggles big time with physical defenders.

FKAri
05-20-2016, 05:33 PM
:biggums:

Not that I didn't disagree with the Bron part.. but the Shaq one especially is rubbish.
Shaq looked like a superhero vs Eastern Conference bigs but vs Western Conference bigs he looked merely like an all time great :lol . Ofcourse overall on offense Shaq certainly frees up your shooters and puts the defense in foul trouble. Neither are great passers (heck I think Shaq might be better). So overall Shaq's got it offensively. But just scoring?

I think when all you want is buckets I might side with Durant over Shaq because he can hit the 3 and is guaranteed to hit his free throws in clutch situations.

bolded isnt true man.. Durant has been completely taken off his game by physical play multiple times.

artest in '10, marion in '11, tony allen in '14 just off the top of my head. he struggles big time with physical defenders.

I do remember Marion in 2011 destroying Durant actually. I guess I don't know if Durant has outgrown that.

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Shaq was the most triple teamed player ever man... opposite teams planned their whole game plan on him and he fouled out your entire front court... he's the quickest, safest two points I know besides MJ...

You can't take KD over him.

Rocketswin2013
05-20-2016, 06:16 PM
I can't name 5 players.

In fact, I can't name 15 players that are better than him. Dude is that good. If he wins a few, he'll finally get some credit for how ridiculous his numbers are.

His MVP season is insane. Take a look at that season in a vacuum, and tell me it isn't as good as any of MJ's or Lebron's.
Yeah, less than 5 imo.

Jordan, Curry, Shaq and Durant are top 4 peak wise imo. Kareem and LeBron are not too far away. Same with Wilt(though obv its borderline guessing with him).