PDA

View Full Version : Big apologies to Kyrie

PP34Deuce
05-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Kyrie Irving was talked a lot of trash about this past season. While his defensive effort can be off and on...

When he's on, this guy can be a superstar. Looking at matchups, Kyle Lowry is no slouch defensively... Kyrie is making every defender look silly.

Strong 3 point game
Great midrange shooter
Great finisher in traffic.

If it's OKC-Cleveland, Klay has his hands full. Westbrook can't shoot....Kyrie is craftier with a sicker handle.

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 11:28 AM
He's playing a great sidekick 2nd man to LeBron

They've seemed to have found the formula

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 11:34 AM
He's playing a great sidekick 2nd man to LeBron

They've seemed to have found the formula

La Italiano' Especiale stack

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 11:41 AM
La Italiano' Especiale stack
Substantial if true.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Substantial if true.

think I might kick up my Test from 300wk to 500wk during the finals, possibly toss in some Var for calf pumps

Im Still Ballin
05-20-2016, 11:52 AM
think I might kick up my Test from 300wk to 500wk during the finals, possibly toss in some Var for calf pumps
*Bites lip*

That size. Damn.

moongaze
05-20-2016, 12:22 PM
The cavs are at its best when Kyrie is leading the defensive effort. The defense is so much more effective when the point guard is exerting agressive, strong defense that cuts off the head of the oppositions attack.

RedBlackAttack
05-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Kyrie Irving was talked a lot of trash about this past season. While his defensive effort can be off and on...

When he's on, this guy can be a superstar. Looking at matchups, Kyle Lowry is no slouch defensively... Kyrie is making every defender look silly.

Strong 3 point game
Great midrange shooter
Great finisher in traffic.

If it's OKC-Cleveland, Klay has his hands full. Westbrook can't shoot....Kyrie is craftier with a sicker handle.
I said all season long that I didn't understand why he was being critiqued so harshly considering he had a serious injury to recover from both physically and mentally, he had no off-season training, camp, preseason and couldn't even take part in any basketball related activities until the rest of the league was already 25 games into the season. He was starting from scratch while everyone else approached mid-season form.

To make things more complicated, he had yet another coaching change (his fourth in as many seasons) and the Cavs had figured out ways to deal with him not being on the floor for the first third of the season.

It is one thing if this had happened three years ago when Dion Waiters was the second best player on the team. In a situation like that, the team will just try to hold serve and be respectable until you get back, at which point his role would resume exactly as it had before.

The Cavs adjusted to playing without him out of necessity and because they have the talent to switch things up and alter the style of play.

So, you have the injury, the lack of preparation, getting into shape, another coaching change and finding how to fit back in on a title contender.

In retrospect, he played it perfectly. He got himself in shape and slowly worked his way back with his game and did it without messing up the team's chemistry... knowing that the playoffs were the only thing that really mattered.

The most exciting part is that he is still so young... just turned 24.

Hopefully, he will actually have an off season, camp and preseason this year. The way he has improved his playmaking and defense shows there is still plenty of room before he touches his ceiling.

Lebronxrings
05-20-2016, 12:54 PM
he has been better, but he tends to statpad alot and cower when the game is on the line.

moongaze
05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
he has been better, but he tends to statpad alot and cower when the game is on the line.

He was amongst league leaders for years in points scored in close games in the 4th and nearly has as many game winners as lebron despite being nearly ten years younger

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Cavs better win....or you'll hear a lot about Kyrie in the off-season too. He and love are on the first thing smoking from Cleveland.

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2016, 01:12 PM
Kyrie has been the best player in the playoffs and he's just now capturing the respect of Bron stans. Lol.

Klay 3D
05-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Best offensive player on the Cavs :applause:

Papaya Petee
05-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Risky move.
250-300 a week is enough.
It's all about the squat gains.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Risky move.
250-300 a week is enough.
It's all about the squat gains.
True true, good call uce..

You gear up?

RedBlackAttack
05-20-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't think it is asking too much for you guys to take your steroid conversation elsewhere. Maybe BTE would be an appropriate spot.

TIA