Tim Duncan
Bob Petit
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Charles Barkley
Kevin Mchale
Dennis Rodman

With 2 spots left in my top 10, you can easily make cases for Pau Gasol over the likes of Chris Webber, Elvin Hayes for his championships and longevity.

Dray n Klay
05-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Top 7 IMO

He was the most efficient and highest PER player and highest Winshares player on a back-to-back championship team

What other big can say that other than Hakeem?:confusedshrug:

InsanityKills
05-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Yes, he was robbed of at least one FMVP and was arguably the Lakers best player during the championship runs. His longevity is also a plus.

Scuzzy! What's new in stock bro?

HenryGarfunkle
05-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Top 7 IMO

He was the most efficient and highest PER player and highest Winshares player on a back-to-back championship team

That alone gives him an argument for top 5. Not to mention his FIBA accomplishments. All that factored in he's clearly top 5

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Top 7 IMO

Agreed, also his international performances should also be considered. The guy led the most dominant European team since Yugoslavia was a country, and won a WC, two silver medals and I don't even now how many Euros, all while being the indisputable leader of the team.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Yes, he was robbed of at least one FMVP and was arguably the Lakers best player during the championship runs. His longevity is also a plus.

Scuzzy! What's new in stock bro?
Summer time Achilles "gone fishin 5 str8" flops uce :pimp:

InsanityKills
05-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Summer time Achilles "gone fishin 5 str8" flops uce :pimp:
Let me get those, do they last long or will they quit on me?

Dro
05-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Of course he's top 10..

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Let me get those, do they last long or will they quit on me?

The Achilles brace breaks in after about 50 shots

WayOfWad3
05-20-2016, 06:21 PM
I honestly have no clue, sorry for sucking at adding decent discussion

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Oh look the Lebron stans are feeling insecure again.

Anything to take away attention from Irving leading the Cavs/eastern conference in scoring while Love puts up 18/12

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Bosh is

Nick Young
05-20-2016, 06:31 PM
He never won a single playoff game before teaming with Kobe.

HenryGarfunkle
05-20-2016, 06:32 PM
And Irving/Love never played in a single playoff GAME without LeBron, snitch. :lol

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 06:33 PM
And 05-16 Kobe won what playoffs without Gasol?:lol

G0ATbe
05-20-2016, 06:43 PM
:lol :lol :roll: :roll:

If Gasoft is top 10, Love is top 5.

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 06:43 PM
And 05-16 Kobe won what playoffs without Gasol?:lol

If you look at dates before your mom pushed you out, you'd see that he made 4 finals and won 3 rings.

imdaman99
05-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Bosh won more playoff games on his own team than Gasol did. What more needs to be said? :confusedshrug:

bigkingsfan
05-20-2016, 06:46 PM
At least he made the playoffs.

PsychoBe
05-20-2016, 06:59 PM
gasol is definitely not over webber or hayes so you just answered your own quesiton op.

JohnnySic
05-20-2016, 07:01 PM
He is not better than Webber. GTFO with that.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Pettit
KG
Dirk

Those are the unquestioned top 6 PF's of all time imo. In terms of Gasol being top 10, where would you rank him among these players?

Hayes
Webber
Rodman
McHale
DeBusschere

NBAGOAT
05-20-2016, 07:19 PM
Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Pettit
KG
Dirk

Those are the unquestioned top 6 PF's of all time imo. In terms of Gasol being top 10, where would you rank him among these players?

Hayes
Webber
Rodman
McHale
DeBusschere

Above Debusschere. lean no towards the rest but they're pretty close.

GrapeApe
05-20-2016, 07:22 PM
I'd say yes, he's top 10. Career averages of 18/10/3/2 on 57%TS and a 22 PER. Playoff averages of 17/10/3/2/1 on 56%TS and a 21 PER. 6x all-star, 2x NBA champion, and a stellar international career including a FIBA gold. I don't think there's 10 PF's with a better resume than Gasol's.

On a related note, will his jersey be retired by the Lakers? I know they're a storied franchise with many all-time greats, but Gasol was an all-star and all-NBA player for back to back titles. Very few players in history have that distinction. I'm guessing that all of them have their jerseys retired.

Bankaii
05-20-2016, 07:22 PM
He's in that 9-10 range with Rodman imo.
Of course the insecure Kobetards deflect because apparently Kobe didn't have the best front court in the league every time he won a ring.

jimmy77x
05-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Oh look the Lebron stan are feeling insecure again.

Anything to take away attention from Irving leading the Cavs/eastern conference in scoring while Love puts up 18/12

You do know op is fudge right? He post with alts and responds to himself with another alt :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dray n Klay
05-20-2016, 07:26 PM
You do know op is fudge right? He post with alts and responds to himself with another alt :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fudge has this guy on a LEASH :yaohappy:

jimmy77x
05-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Fudge has this guy on a LEASH :yaohappy:

Once again im the one who has your dumbass on a leash, keep replying to most post loser:roll: :roll:

feyki
05-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Duncan

KKarl/Barkley/Dirk/Garnett/Elgin/Pettit

Dolph Schayes/Elvin Hayes/Leroy Edwards

So , no :confusedshrug: :no:

GrapeApe
05-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Duncan

KKarl/Barkley/Dirk/Garnett/Elgin/Pettit

Dolph Schayes/Elvin Hayes/Leroy Edwards

So , no :confusedshrug: :no:

Do you really think those guys have better overall basketball resumes than Gasol?

To those who who rank Webber higher, Gasol has a higher career PER in the regular season and playoffs, was much more efficient, a better defender, and has 2 championships. That's not even getting into Gasol's international career. Webber had the better peak but Gasol has had a superior overall career.

CAstill
05-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Do you really think those guys have better overall basketball resumes than Gasol?

To those who who rank Webber higher, Gasol has a higher career PER in the regular season and playoffs, was much more efficient, a better defender, and has 2 championships. That's not even getting into Gasol's international career. Webber had the better peak but Gasol has had a superior overall career.

No, he didnt. Kobe had a superior career that let Gasol flourish in accolades but at the end of the day webber was mvp material for a while. He was the better player and his individual impact trumps Gasol's.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 08:25 PM
All the Kobe stans saying nay have yet to make a list :lol

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 08:30 PM
Webber was definitely better.

feyki
05-20-2016, 08:33 PM

Resume ?

Had Gasol competitive basketball level in playoffs before Kobe ?

Dolph and Hayes clearly have better longevity . Leroy was the dominator of the world level along 5-6 years while game was playing on first NBL Years , Pau didn't even sniffed that level . Of course , Pau's longevity a lot better than Leroy .

Beside of those guys , Mchale,Pau and McAdoo(he was forward for me ) are same tier in goat wise to me .

InsanityKills
05-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Well using Kobetard calculations, 2>0, so Gasol is obviously better.

Bankaii
05-20-2016, 08:40 PM
It's funny how rings (and sidekick rings) are only relevant when Kobe's involved.:oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Well using Kobetard calculations, 2>0, so Gasol is obviously better.

You could use that argument of Pau had ever led his team deep into the playoffs, finished top 5 in MVP voting, made an all nba first team, had seasons of 27/11 etc. etc.

Webber was just a better player, much better scorer, go to guy on 60 win teams that almost took down the Shaq/Kobe Lakers while Gasol has how many wins in the playoffs as the go to guy?

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 08:53 PM

CWebb's peak was too short, injuries got to him unfortunately.
Pau gets the nod due to longevity, just as many PGs will get the nod over Rose yet Rose's prime was unmatched

Pau was light years better offensively, mainly his arsenal. looking at the stats they are about the same give or take at one point. Pau was better passer. I dont think Cwebb he was a better rebounder but thats really broad and doesnt matter much they both averaged same rebounds. Pau had one of the greatest post up games of all time and could step out to 19 to hit a jumpshot. I really dont see how webber was a better scorer. Emphasis on scorer as in get the ball in the basket yourself.

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 09:31 PM
CWebb's peak was too short, injuries got to him unfortunately.
Pau gets the nod due to longevity, just as many PGs will get the nod over Rose yet Rose's prime was unmatched

Pau was light years better offensively, mainly his arsenal. looking at the stats they are about the same give or take at one point. Pau was better passer. I dont think Cwebb he was a better rebounder but thats really broad and doesnt matter much they both averaged same rebounds. Pau had one of the greatest post up games of all time and could step out to 19 to hit a jumpshot. I really dont see how webber was a better scorer. Emphasis on scorer as in get the ball in the basket yourself.

You don't see how C Web was a better scorer when he had seasons of 27ppg, 25ppg twice, 24ppg, 22ppg and playoff runs of 24ppg through the conference finals while Paus highest ppg in the regular season and playoffs was 21ppg and that was only for one season..

:wtf: :wtf:

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 09:48 PM
You don't see how C Web was a better scorer when he had seasons of 27ppg, 25ppg twice, 24ppg, 22ppg and playoff runs of 24ppg through the conference finals while Paus highest ppg in the regular season and playoffs was 21ppg and that was only for one season..

:wtf: :wtf:
He was a better scorer because he could do a lot more on offense. Not only could Pau go at you with a traditional post up/back to the basket but his post game was predicated on his speed and strength. He had a multitude of ways to score in the post. A pretty hookshot, a quick spin, and then you get into his elite face up game.
His face up was much better than Webber's. If Cwebb faces up, it's a jumpshot 90% of the time. Pau outshines here with his ability to put the ball on the ground and take his man off the dribble. And ofcourse, his midrange was damn good too.
But if that doesn't set him apart offensively for you, take into consideration his lethal ability in pick and rolls or pick and pops. Especially the rolls. He could go in and slam it over the defender or drop a slick pass off once a double team stopped him in the paint.

But let's dumb it down even further, Pau has more playoff success, so in Kobe stans logic like yourself: Pau > Cwebb.. No?

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 09:54 PM
You say that Pau was a better scorer because he could do a lot more on offense.. Ok so why didn't he have seasons of 27, 25, 24, 22 etc. etc ppg like Webber did??

Your argument makes zero sense. I doubt you even watched Webber play as he was leading a team that almost beat the 02 Lakers.

Dray n Klay
05-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Webber didnt even know what defense was.

Stop it, Gasol was an entire tier better.

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 10:02 PM
You say that Pau was a better scorer because he could do a lot more on offense.. Ok so why didn't he have seasons of 27, 25, 24, 22 etc. etc ppg like Webber did??

Your argument makes zero sense.

Is Arenas all time better than Stockton? I mean he had a few higher scoring seasons than John

Longevity is key

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Is Arenas all time better than Stockton? I mean he had a few higher scoring seasons than John

Longevity is key

Are we not taking about scoring here? That is what you said right, that Pau was a better scorer, which is what I've been arguing against in the last three post..?

scuzzy
05-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Are we not taking about scoring here? That is what you said right, that Pau was a better scorer, which is what I've been arguing against in the last three post..?
So Klove is better than Gasol to? I'm going on your logic (RS PPG)

Poetry
05-20-2016, 10:12 PM
I can't believe people have forgotten how good Webber was.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2016, 10:30 PM
lol at kobestans talking sh*t about Gasol in order to make Kobe look better as he has 'less help'. Come on, without Gasol the Lakers wouldnt have gotten any of these titles.
:roll:

GrapeApe
05-20-2016, 10:53 PM
I can't believe people have forgotten how good Webber was.

Webber was great, an MVP candidate at his best. I don't think anyone denies that he peaked higher than Gasol, but Gasol has had a better overall career. I don't think there's any real debate about that. As I mentioned before, Gasol has a higher PER in the regular season and playoffs, much better efficiency, better longevity, and he was a better defender. Even if we ignore Gasol's international career (which we obviously can't), Gasol still has the edge.

In terms of Gasol's titles, could Webber have won back to back titles in Gasol's situation? Possibly, but the fact remains that Gasol actually did it, and he was great in both championship runs.

I'm still curious about the jersey retirement. He was only in LA for 6 1/2 seasons, but I think being an all-star and all-NBA player for back to back titles probably warrants his jeresy being retired. I can't think of any player to have accomplished that who doesn't have their jersey retired by the organization.

Old Man River
05-21-2016, 12:21 AM
no he won rings but with Kobe as the best player. To be a top ten pf you need to win rings as the best player on the team.

Showtime2001
05-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Oh look the Lebron stans are feeling insecure again.

:roll: :roll:

ballinhun8
05-21-2016, 12:37 AM
Gasol probably is top 10.

But he's not above Rodman.

Rodman's resume is up there with the ATG at his position.

dankok8
05-21-2016, 12:38 AM
Duncan
Malone
Garnett
Barkley
Dirk
Pettit
Hayes
McHale
Rodman
Schayes
Lucas

Maybe just barely. He's in the #9-12 range. All of the first eight above are clearly better and it's not even debatable.

Poetry
05-21-2016, 01:09 AM
Webber was great, an MVP candidate at his best. I don't think anyone denies that he peaked higher than Gasol, but Gasol has had a better overall career. I don't think there's any real debate about that.

Yeah, I wasn't implying that C-Webb had a better resume than Gasol or Rodman. I just meant on an individual level.

FKAri
05-21-2016, 01:32 AM
No, unless you want to go the resume route. He's close tho. Def top 15.

warriorfan
05-21-2016, 01:34 AM
lebron stans melting down :roll:

jstern
05-21-2016, 01:34 AM
I say yes. He kind of saved Kobe's legacy with the two rings. Imagine where Kobe Bryant would be right now if he only won rings being Shaq's sidekick? He would not have ranked number 12th at all. He probably wouldn't have that many stans, and less people talking about him.

Showtime2001
05-21-2016, 01:45 AM
I say yes. He kind of saved Kobe's legacy with the two rings. Imagine where Kobe Bryant would be right now if he only won rings being Shaq's sidekick? He would not have ranked number 12th at all. He probably wouldn't have that many stans, and less people talking about him.
:sleeping :sleeping

http://s32.postimg.org/zaypihtl1/11084580_10205368316101637_947970432_n_jpg_oh_3b.j pg

SpaceJam
05-21-2016, 02:22 AM
ESPN has him at 9, and we all know that list is the REAL DEAL

But ESPN also has K Love as a top 15ish PF of all time, Cavs win a ring this year, he's gonna be closing in on Gasol

JebronLames
05-21-2016, 03:41 AM
Top 5. No debate at all.

Sakkreth
05-21-2016, 03:43 AM
Yes he is at around 8.

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 11:05 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

robert de niro
05-21-2016, 12:57 PM
You could use that argument of Pau had ever led his team deep into the playoffs, finished top 5 in MVP voting, made an all nba first team, had seasons of 27/11 etc. etc.

Webber was just a better player, much better scorer, go to guy on 60 win teams that almost took down the Shaq/Kobe Lakers while Gasol has how many wins in the playoffs as the go to guy?
2 rings