PDA

View Full Version : 20yr old "Zhou Qi" says he's ready for the NBA

Hey Yo
05-20-2016, 08:12 PM
MIAMI (AP) — Zhou Qi needs someone to help him communicate at workouts with NBA teams, simply because he does not speak English well enough to understand most instructions.

His game, however, translates just fine.

In an NBA draft class that will likely have LSU’s Ben Simmons and Duke’s Brandon Ingram as the first two picks and then much uncertainty with the remaining 58, Zhou may draw plenty of intrigue. He stands just over 7-foot-2 in sneakers, has a wingspan just shy of 8 feet and can nearly touch the rim while standing flat-footed.

He is a big man with shooting-guard skills, China’s next NBA hope, a 20-year-old who’s already a pro at home and now wants to get on the game’s biggest stage.

“I am ready,” Zhou said at the NBA draft combine earlier this month.

Time will tell if NBA teams agree.

more to the article in the link.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/20/zhou-qis-potential-could-lead-to-much-nba-draft-intrigue/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

KingPush
05-20-2016, 08:27 PM
He needs to gain a lot of weight but he has all the physical tools

Will never come close to Yao though

AintNoSunshine
05-20-2016, 08:50 PM
His little arms are gonna get snapped in halves. Thank god this is not the old NBA but still. Even if he makes it there is no way he's going to last.

bobopenguin
05-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Weight can be gained.
Look at porzingis.

This guy is actually not bad.

TheOne
05-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Qi is the most competitive Chinese player the NBA has ever seen. He will be a monster book it.

DCL
05-21-2016, 12:29 AM
he's not just skinny; he's almost anorexic

FKAri
05-21-2016, 01:27 AM
Qi is the most competitive Chinese player the NBA has ever seen. He will be a monster book it.

Doesn't show any emotion, always has the same facial expression ... Doesn't have a killer insitnct or attitude
- NBA Draft Net (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zhou-qi)

oarabbus
05-21-2016, 02:05 AM
He needs to start eating a lot of fried chicken, pizza, and steak

- NBA Draft Net (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zhou-qi)

Sounds like Time Duncan and Kawhi Leonard :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
05-21-2016, 02:42 AM
There are a bunch of reports that he's 3 years older than listed, born in 1993. Also accounts from several people that went to school with him saying similar things. Considering that this isn't uncommon with Chinese athletes (and countries like Turkey and many African countries), there's reason for skepticism. I'd take him with one of the Bucks' 2nds but sure as hell not in the 1st round.

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 03:02 AM
There are a bunch of reports that he's 3 years older than listed, born in 1993. Also accounts from several people that went to school with him saying similar things. Considering that this isn't uncommon with Chinese athletes (and countries like Turkey and many African countries), there's reason for skepticism. I'd take him with one of the Bucks' 2nds but sure as hell not in the 1st round.

Nah, He was born in 1996. He's been getting some hype since he was 15 yrs.old in 2011. And he grew a couple of inches in the last few years.

Unlike former Bucks Yi Jianlian who was 3 years older than his listed age. Zhou Qi's age is legit.

He's going to gain some weight in the US.

TheOne
05-21-2016, 03:14 AM
He is 20 years old. Not like Yi Jianlian, there no any record that can prove i's age is not correct.

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 03:44 AM
I watched him play against Team Philippines in the FIBA Asia Championship last year. And I was amazed by his mental maturity, and fundamental skills.

Reggie43
05-21-2016, 03:53 AM
Another one of these overhyped international guys :facepalm Dominating low level comp then getting exposed once they come to the big leagues..

BenchMob
05-21-2016, 03:56 AM
I watched him play against Team Philippines in the FIBA Asia Championship last year. And I was amazed by his mental maturity, and fundamental skills.

Mental maturity of LeBeta?

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 04:19 AM
Mental maturity of LeBeta?

More mature than Kobeta. Kobe is almost 40 years.old, but he's still an immature ball hog, and chucker.

Lebron23
06-03-2016, 11:31 PM
He's currently under the Spurs Radar. Coach Popovich like his game.