PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Hield is going to a good player in the NBA

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 04:34 AM
He was measured at 6'5" in shoes ( 6'3 3/4" without shoes) with a 6'9.25" Wingspan.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Buddy-Hield-58749/stats/

And Hield is also a good athlete. Same vertical leap as Kobe Bryant. He can be a better version of eric gordon in the NBA, or a poor man's version of Stephen Curry.

KingPush
05-21-2016, 04:38 AM
Ray Allen but not as athletic

Lebron23
05-21-2016, 04:41 AM
Ray Allen but not as athletic

This

Allen was a very good athlete in his prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_Nrc3JRII

Edgar Friendly
05-21-2016, 08:27 AM
He was measured at 6'5" in shoes ( 6'3 3/4" without shoes) with a 6'9.25" Wingspan.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Buddy-Hield-58749/stats/

And Hield is also a good athlete. Same vertical leap as Kobe Bryant. He can be a better version of eric gordon in the NBA, or a poor man's version of Stephen Curry.

Maybe a homeless man's version. A player like D'Angelo Russell is a poor man's version of Curry. After 4 years Heild looks somewhat polished but I'm not sold on his NBA transition.

90sgoat
05-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Never heard about him but got great stats and 4 years of college. Trust me that is going to matter, watch him contribute from day one unlike Simmons, Ingram.

KiiiiNG
05-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Rich mans Curry at the SG position. He'll be likely around the same %'s as Curry shooting wise, but will be a better defender, and I can see hield being a great passer at the next level. Curry is a better ball-handler no question, but he's a point guard, so that's expected.

DaHeezy
05-21-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm not seeing him as an elite shooter. He's good but he's not a volume 3 baller. I see more Brandon Roy or Mitch Richmond in him.

fsvr54
05-21-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm not seeing him as an elite shooter. He's good but he's not a volume 3 baller. I see more Brandon Roy or Mitch Richmond in him.

Nikka was draining 3s like it was nothing in his senior year, tough ones too.

bigkingsfan
05-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Next Ben McLemore.

senelcoolidge
05-21-2016, 05:12 PM
I think he's going to be good, but also the team and coach he plays for will determine if he shines early or later. Some coaches don't like to play rookies that much or at all. If he goes to a team that needs shooting and scoring than he should shine. I don't expect him to put great numbers his rookie year, but he's going to be good. At least you're getting someone that is ready to play from day 1..not another project.

90sgoat
05-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Watched his Draftexpress.

Except for better physique, I think a better comparison is Reggie Miller with a risk of turning out James Harden, coming off screens and cuts and the somewhat unorthodox shooting style.

Looks like he is mostly an off ball player, but a lot of his moves, stepback, drives, look eerily similar to James Harden.

I think he'd be great in a team that had a strong post presence and played more inside out. Pelicans would be a good destiniation.

AirBonner
05-21-2016, 07:27 PM
He will be a decent rotation player that is it. people overrating him in this thread :lol his release is kind of low and slow. Murray has a quicker release is younger and will ultimately be a better player.