PDA

View Full Version : Rank Pippen's Seasons of the Dynasty Bulls

SamuraiSWISH
05-22-2016, 12:57 PM
During their championship seasons. Regular season through post season.

Watching Klay the past two years made me think about this ... seeing as he's been tremendously consistent offensively, at a very good volume for a sidekick scorer. Never dipping in production or efficiency. He's been around 22 ppg with similar shooting percentage for both regular season and Finals trips both seasons. While also giving very good perimeter defense. Obviously not at the all time great Scottie level. But very good none the less and usually guarding the other teams star perimeter player at the guard or small forward spots.

But I definitely think offensively he's superior to Scottie. Pippen's offensive scoring production usually dipped off oddly at different stages through out his career during the Bulls championship runs. If I'm ranking

1) '92
2) '97 (before back injury 1st round)
3) '96 (2nd half of season fell off)
4) '93
5) '91
6) '98 (kind of putrid offensively in playoffs)

Would love to see Pippen stans like 97bulls and Smoke117 chime in with their thoughts

Stringer Bell
05-22-2016, 01:11 PM
I agree with 92' being on top. I might have 91' and especially 93' a little higher. Perhaps I'm thinking too much of the postseason and not the long regular season, because I've watched the 93' ECF and Finals numerous times. Pippen came up huge in the ECF against the Knicks. Big shots, big stops, and a terrific offensive performance in game 3 when Jordan was really off.

He remained an outstanding defender during the 2nd 3-peat (I loved his D on that POS Mark Jackson in the 98' ECF) but it's a little weird how much he declined offensively in the postseason compared to 91-93.

Smoke117
05-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Pippen didn't "fall off" for for the last 1/4th of that 96 season...he was playing hurt. He should have taken some time off to heal, but didn't want to because they were chasing the wins record.

He remained an outstanding defender during the 2nd 3-peat (I loved his D on that POS Mark Jackson in the 98' ECF) but it's a little weird how much he declined offensively in the postseason compared to 91-93.

...that's what happens when you play hurt. He was dealing with this or that during every playoff run in the 2nd threepat. Ankle, knee, and wrist in 96, foot in 97 that he almost missed game 1 vs Jazz because of, and the back in 98. (plus he had to work his way back from the foot surgery that season...his vert had dropped about 10 inches when the team measured it when he came back)