PDA

View Full Version : Warriors better than the 96 Bulls?

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Motherfu*ker please :yaohappy:

This is the first real series in which they've had a healthy team to face. And they look like they're getting picked apart.

Foster5k
05-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Warriors are no where near as good as their regular season record indicates. I've seen this team wet the bed too many times versus real competition. A historical great team doesn't get blown out by 35+ points in a pivotal playoff game.

The '96 Bulls on a different level than these Warriors. Yes, the '16 Warriors are good, but they're not this legendary team that some people thought they were.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Warriors are no where near as good as their regular season record indicates. I've seen this team wet the bed too many times versus real competition. A historical great team doesn't get blown out by 35+ points in a pivotal playoff game.

The '96 Bulls on a different level than these Warriors. Yes, the '16 Warriors are good, but they're not this legendary team that some people thought they were.

That what gets me man, they went out there today and were just slapped around and blown right out of the building.

I've never seen a more overrated squad than this team was this year. Wow.

90sgoat
05-22-2016, 10:01 PM
When his shot isn't falling, what does Steph Curry contribute?

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2016, 10:02 PM
OP is right, but...

Were you even born then OP? LOL

Kids these days

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2016, 10:02 PM
I hate overreacting, but I'll admit being wrong about them.

Their lack of urgency on defense is a joke. Straight up.

Never thought they were "greater" than the '96 Bulls, although this performance tonight was surprising.

Foster5k
05-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Everybody thought this was the series to watch. They said every game would be close and entertaining. Um, I've yet to see these so called must watch games. Warriors out there looking like bums. Hell, the Spurs didn't even look this bad vs OKC.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:07 PM
When his shot isn't falling, what does Steph Curry contribute?

Good point. I haven't seen it yet. He's an EXTREMELY talented shooter bro. I'll give him that but this shit where people were saying he's better than Mike? Mass hallucinations where people believed what sports center was selling them.

Im Still Ballin: I'm 35 years old. Old enough to have grays in my beard man.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:08 PM
I hate overreacting, but I'll admit being wrong about them.

Their lack of urgency on defense is a joke. Straight up.

Never thought they were "greater" than the '96 Bulls, although this performance tonight was surprising.

You know dude I hate it too. I'm one to say wait until the series is done but the Warriors have been pretty underwhelming in the playoffs. Blazers gave them a hell of a fight and now OKC has looked right there with them if not BETTER on occasion. Warriors are in trouble, make no mistake about that.

90sgoat
05-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Good point. I haven't seen it yet. He's an EXTREMELY talented shooter bro. I'll give him that but this shit where people were saying he's better than Mike? Mass hallucinations where people believed what sports center was selling them.

MJ played defense. That's why they wouldn't get lit up like this.

elementally morale
05-22-2016, 10:11 PM

Man, are you young. I'm 42 and counting.

90sgoat
05-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Youngest dude of the 3:roll:

Old fakkits making me seem young:roll:

Young X
05-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Picture the Bulls actually trailing in a series. Not just one time either, TWICE.

Picture the Bulls getting blown out by 40 in a playoff game.

Picture the Bulls being in danger of going down 1-3 against a team that damn near won 20 less games than them.

plowking
05-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Great thread OP.

smoovegittar
05-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Motherfu*ker please :yaohappy:

This is the first real series in which they've had a healthy team to face. And they look like they're getting picked apart.

:applause:

Made my effin' night. I laughed hard.

elementally morale
05-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Picture the Bulls actually trailing in a series.

Picture the Bulls being in danger of going down 1-3 against a team that damn near won 20 less games than them.

Picture MJ, Pippen and Rodman not doing anything about it. It's not the 40 points. It's the road taken.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:17 PM
Picture the Bulls actually trailing in a series. Not just one time either, TWICE.

Look, I'm not gonna sit here and act like they weren't pushed to their limits back in the day too. But if the Warriors DO lose this series, and that's a big danger at this point with how they're playing, I hope people take some time to think about the hype train of the media and how shapes perceptions in terms of comparisons.

When they Bulls finally did win, they were never beat. I couldn't picture Mike allowing that shit to go down like that. This Warrior team plays like they believe it's owed to them.

Man, are you young. I'm 42 and counting.

I'm getting there man. I'm getting there.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Picture MJ, Pippen and Rodman not doing anything about it. It's not the 40 points. It's the road taken.

I can't picture it. Those dudes had stone cold pride. This is the first time we have seen the Warriors taken to the limit for real. I'm curious to see how they handle it. Because OKC plays like they want it more than anyone else.

elementally morale
05-22-2016, 10:22 PM
I can't picture it. Those dudes had stone cold pride. This is the first time we have seen the Warriors taken to the limit for real. I'm curious to see how they handle it. Because OKC plays like they want it more than anyone else.

Curry seems like someone playing better the better he does. I never see him die trying when he has an off game. Where is the will? I do like Curry but I'm not sure I'd trade him for prime Steve Nash. When Curry's game is off you are left with almost nothing. I wish he tried harder.

NBAGOAT
05-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Desperation and having fresh young legs is a rare combination in a team but that's what okc has. Durant and Westbrook have had 4 years already where they had a legitimate chance at a championship, really rare for a duo this young Let's not overreact yet however until after game 4, Warriors could still win in 6 pretty easily. They weren't as dominant as the Bulls but 73 wins is still 73 wins. Hell ik a lot of people who thought the Celtics and Showtime were better since those two teams didn't go all out during the RS.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Curry seems like someone playing better the better he does. I never see him die trying when he has an off game. Where is the will? I do like Curry but I'm not sure I'd trade him for prime Steve Nash. When Curry's game is off you are left with almost nothing. I wish he tried harder.

I'll say this. Last game it was Klay Thompson locking down Westbrook. It wasn't Steph Curry.

If these dudes lose then that one title was them catching some luck with a depleted road of injured teams for the championship.

NuggetsFan
05-22-2016, 10:29 PM

OKC just went off like crazy. GS played uninspired basketball. Curry still dropped 24/5/3 on 17 shots in 30 minutes. Had the game been competitive you already know he's in for one insane stretch. Nash/current Curry aren't even comparable. The overreactions on this board are hilarious :oldlol:

GS hasn't looked the same since Curry got hurt and came back. OKC finally looks like there done playing second fiddle to everybody else. Outside of Durant grabbing the MVP that season they've basically played runner up to everybody else. LeBron, than Curry/GS, S.A etc. Finally healthy and on a mission.

Durant with 33/8 in 32 minutes on 15 shots.
Westbrook 30/12/8 on 19 shots in 32 minutes.

Filthy.

elementally morale
05-22-2016, 10:31 PM
If these dudes lose then that one title was them catching some luck with a depleted road of injured teams for the championship.

Too early to tell for me.

At any rate, what's your take on Curry? Why don't we see him trying to do whatever it takes? Or do you?

CuterThanRubio
05-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Curry is playing through an injury.

Don't get too excited!

The Bulls couldn't shoot like OKC can, they would get destroyed by either of these teams.

elementally morale
05-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Curry still dropped 24/5/3 on 17 shots in 30 minutes.

It was a bad game for him. Not the 24 points but the lack of effort. I hope he turns the corner.

oh the horror
05-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Too early to tell for me.

At any rate, what's your take on Curry? Why don't we see him trying to do whatever it takes? Or do you?

I don't.

My problem with Steph Curry is that outside of being a deadly shooter I don't see how he impacts the game when he isn't dominating offensively. It's not like you can put him on your best player and he'll lock them down nor do I see him pushing it to the limit either. He doesn't nab a ton of rebounds and he's too fragile to bang on the inside.

I don't see how he contributed in other areas

As someone said he is playing back from an injury but I don't see any sense of urgency from him at all.

guy
05-22-2016, 10:40 PM
If warriors lose at least one more game and still manage to win the title, they'll end up with an overall W-L % lower then the 96 Bulls.

scandisk_
05-22-2016, 11:43 PM
OKC just wanted it more. nuff said

SamuraiSWISH
05-22-2016, 11:45 PM
If warriors lose at least one more game and still manage to win the title, they'll end up with an overall W-L % lower then the 96 Bulls.
Said this at the bar.

Chicago lost 13 total games in 1996. GSW has already matched that and we aren't even half way done with the Conference Finals.

I knew they weren't as great as that Bulls team. It was a weak league. 67 win team got bounced in the second round.

96 Bulls swept a Shaq and Penny team that won 60 games while O'Neal was sidelined for the first 20 games. Warriors should've lost like 6 games they somehow managed to sneak out this year.

Could you imagine that Bulls team getting beat by 30 along with being down in a series?

:oldlol:

AirBonner
05-22-2016, 11:47 PM
I don't think the 96 Bulls gave up 45pts in a quarter.

Black Magic
05-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Said this at the bar.

Chicago lost 13 total games in 1996. GSW has already matched that and we aren't even half way done with the Conference Finals.

I knew they weren't as great as that Bulls team. It was a weak league. 67 win team got bounced in the second round.

96 Bulls swept a Shaq and Penny team that won 60 games while O'Neal was sidelined for the first 20 games. Warriors should've lost like 6 games they somehow managed to sneak out this year.

Could you imagine that Bulls team getting beat by 30 along with being down in a series?

yea but the warriors will gave more wins if they win the chip

guy
05-22-2016, 11:53 PM

89-14 would be lower then 87-13 though.

SamuraiSWISH
05-22-2016, 11:53 PM
Yes, one meaningless 1st round game. Which shouldn't even exist. 5 games should be the limit on opening round opposition.

Black Magic
05-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Yes, one meaningless 1st round game. Which shouldn't even exist. 5 games should be the limit on opening round opposition.

it would be two more wins. the 73rd reg season win and the 4th game of the 1st round.

SamuraiSWISH
05-22-2016, 11:58 PM
it would be two more wins. the 73rd reg season win and the 4th game of the 1st round.
That's assuming they win 3 more games this series and 4 the next.

Black Magic
05-23-2016, 12:07 AM
That's assuming they win 3 more games this series and 4 the next.

well yea i was assuming gs would win and they will win

sportjames23
05-23-2016, 12:40 AM
That Bulls team got blown out only once that year, to the Knicks in the regular season. They were getting blown out by the Nuggets on a road trip, but made a furious comeback before falling short late in the game.

In Game 3 of the ECSF vs the Knicks, NY was killing them before the Bulls forced OT behind MJ's 45 (IIRC) pts, but the Knicks pulled away for the win.

That's how dominant the Bulls team was.

plowking
05-23-2016, 12:54 AM
Said this at the bar.

Yeah, clearly the Warriors were and are playing under ideal circumstances this whole post season. MVP being out injured for the majority of the games so far, and coming back early from his injury.

Some of you are so caught up in being right, but will only start saying shit after something like this happens. Or you'll cover your ass if you make a statement prior.

Talking about a weak league, maybe this Thunder team is a whole lot better than their record indicates. I've been saying all year long that this Thunder team is the most talented team in the league. Got laughed at too, yet here we are. They won 55 games this season? I guess Toronto are a better team? The records of the Spurs and Warriors aren't inflated, the Thunder are just that damn good, and when they click, they are amazing.

Thunder under a new coach are clicking at the right time. They give anyone in NBA history a great series.

coin24
05-23-2016, 01:03 AM
To be fair OKC must have been coasting all season, no one expected them to be this good.. There killing it from every position

Stupid warriors blew there load too early gunning for the 73, how embarrassing not even making the finals:oldlol:

Dray n Klay
05-23-2016, 01:10 AM
To be fair OKC must have been coasting all season, no one expected them to be this good.. There killing it from every position

Stupid warriors blew there load too early gunning for the 73, how embarrassing not even making the finals:oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
05-23-2016, 01:31 AM
Thunder under a new coach are clicking at the right time. They give anyone in NBA history a great series.

Yeah...no. :oldlol: Love how since they're giving GSW the business they all of a sudden would be trouble for anyone. They are still a two-man team - you stop those two and the engine is dead. Against a disciplined defense with great individual defenders against West/KD and/or great paint defense, they'd wilt.

I also love how some people are still pointing to Curry's "injury." Dude had a mild knee sprain like a month ago, came back and dropped 45, and now two weeks later every time he has a subpar game people act like it's the knee? Please. :oldlol: Many, many all-time greats have had similar or worse injuries in the postseason and grinded through it to win titles. Get over it. He didn't tear his MCL.

JBSptfn
05-23-2016, 03:03 AM
MJ played defense. That's why they wouldn't get lit up like this.

Not as good as he did before his baseball hiatus. And, you have to remember: The 96 Bulls were more motivated because of what happened the year before against Orlando, while this Warrior team is coming off of a title.

And, in the 96 ECF, the Magic were missing key pieces (Horace Grant and Brian Shaw), and this OKC team of today is pretty healthy.

Young X
05-23-2016, 03:14 AM
I'm starting to think the Warriors and Spurs regular season records are a little inflated too.

You have to admit that this was a very weak year in terms of teams. The east was always weak but now the west was weaker too. The 2nd tier teams in the west weren't threats like usual.

You could even go back to 2014 and put these 2 teams in that western conference with much better LAC, MEM, and HOU teams and they wouldn't look as dominant as they did this year.

ClipperRevival
05-23-2016, 03:26 AM

It's hard for him because he can't physically impose his will on the game like MJ could on both ends. He has to outskill opponents and with the added physicality allowed in the playoffs, it's tougher on his thin frame. Plus slower tempo means less chances to get shots in transition.

DMAVS41
05-23-2016, 03:50 AM
Yeah...no. :oldlol: Love how since they're giving GSW the business they all of a sudden would be trouble for anyone. They are still a two-man team - you stop those two and the engine is dead. Against a disciplined defense with great individual defenders against West/KD and/or great paint defense, they'd wilt.

I also love how some people are still pointing to Curry's "injury." Dude had a mild knee sprain like a month ago, came back and dropped 45, and now two weeks later every time he has a subpar game people act like it's the knee? Please. :oldlol: Many, many all-time greats have had similar or worse injuries in the postseason and grinded through it to win titles. Get over it. He didn't tear his MCL.

The Spurs played all time great defense...so kind of destroys your point about them wilting against a great defense.

This Thunder team is way better than you old school guys are giving them credit for. They are significantly more dangerous than the 96 Sonics imo.

Looking at regular season record and not realizing what this team has now become...and what they just did the Spurs...is really silly.

Doesn't make the Warriors better than the Bulls or anything like that, but this Thunder team is so much better than people are saying. You have two all time great players in the heart of their prime flanked by a supporting cast that is playing great...and their coach has finally figured out the proper rotations and has made sound adjustments against Pop and Kerr so far.

You can't just laugh off a prime KD/Westbrook led team with a solid supporting cast. They are dangerous to anyone...

Young X
05-23-2016, 03:59 AM
The Spurs played all time great defense...so kind of destroys your point about them wilting against a great defense.

This Thunder team is way better than you old school guys are giving them credit for. They are significantly more dangerous than the 96 Sonics imo.

Looking at regular season record and not realizing what this team has now become...and what they just did the Spurs...is really silly.

Doesn't make the Warriors better than the Bulls or anything like that, but this Thunder team is so much better than people are saying. You have two all time great players in the heart of their prime flanked by a supporting cast that is playing great...and their coach has finally figured out the proper rotations and has made sound adjustments against Pop and Kerr so far.

You can't just laugh off a prime KD/Westbrook led team with a solid supporting cast. They are dangerous to anyone...As good as this Thunder team is and as great as they've been playing, The Warriors should be good enough to beat them. They're supposed to be one of the greatest teams of all time, they have the MVP, coach of the year and homecourt advantage.

Losing by 40 points (before OKC took their starters out) in a playoff game is INEXCUSABLE for a team that is being compared to the '96 Bulls. They looked pathetic out there.

They NEED to win this series or they will look like complete frauds.

AintNoSunshine
05-23-2016, 04:00 AM
How many times have they lost in this Playoffs already?

Their invincible aura which made them feared is almost completely gone now.

guy
05-23-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm starting to think the Warriors and Spurs regular season records are a little inflated too.

You have to admit that this was a very weak year in terms of teams. The east was always weak but now the west was weaker too. The 2nd tier teams in the west weren't threats like usual.

You could even go back to 2014 and put these 2 teams in that western conference with much better LAC, MEM, and HOU teams and they wouldn't look as dominant as they did this year.

IMO teams just don't take the regular season as seriously anymore. The Warriors were one team that did because they were actually chasing something. But there's so much emphasis on resting players and teams don't seem to care about HCA anymore. Back in the day the best players regular played 38-40 mpg, which rarely happens anymore. Players today also sit out for anything. Lebron took 2 weeks off for basically nothing. Something like that never happened back then.

sportjames23
05-23-2016, 10:31 AM
IMO teams just don't take the regular season as seriously anymore. The Warriors were one team that did because they were actually chasing something. But there's so much emphasis on resting players and teams don't seem to care about HCA anymore. Back in the day the best players regular played 38-40 mpg, which rarely happens anymore. Players today also sit out for anything. Lebron took 2 weeks off for basically nothing. Something like that never happened back then.

Yup, back in the day, players didn't rest generally until late in the season, basically after all the seeds were determined.

DMAVS41
05-23-2016, 10:42 AM
As good as this Thunder team is and as great as they've been playing, The Warriors should be good enough to beat them. They're supposed to be one of the greatest teams of all time, they have the MVP, coach of the year and homecourt advantage.

Losing by 40 points (before OKC took their starters out) in a playoff game is INEXCUSABLE for a team that is being compared to the '96 Bulls. They looked pathetic out there.

Of course they need to win the series to be compared to some of the greatest teams ever. That is obvious.

But complete frauds? Again..this Thunder team has two of the best players of all time at their absolute peaks along with what is simply proving to be a more than capable supporting cast and a head coach (whom i bashed all year because he was terrible) that has finally figured things out and has pretty much every player in the best spot to succeed.

My point is that this Thunder team is talented in a way that most teams in NBA history simply aren't.

Can we not just admit how great the Thunder are currently playing? They destroyed a Spurs team that was one of the best regular season teams ever. Are they frauds as well?

I mean...I'd get it if we didn't just watch the Thunder take out a 67 win Spurs team that played historically good defense and had a proven championship pedigree along with one of the best coaches ever.

Like...Durant and WB is one of the best duos in NBA history...time to give them some credit if they win this series.

And it's far from over yet...Warriors still probably slight favorites for me.

Dragonyeuw
05-23-2016, 01:13 PM
The Thunder are well-equipped to beat this team *if clicking*, like they are now. Their season-long problems have been clutch execution, something that they seem to have overcome at the best possible time. They've got the best mix of superstar scoring talent and solid athletic bigs. And as said before, and why I don't always place stock in records, this team is much better than your average 55 win team. Clearly the Warriors aren't 16 wins better in terms of how they match-up on-court.

SamuraiSWISH
05-23-2016, 01:19 PM
As good as this Thunder team is and as great as they've been playing, The Warriors should be good enough to beat them. They're supposed to be one of the greatest teams of all time, they have the MVP, coach of the year and homecourt advantage.

Exactly ...

Oh correction, first ever unanimous MVP bwahah

2016 Spurs were frauds of the first degree too. The Warriors should win. No excuse not to ... if they don't they're just as big of frauds as say

The 2007, 67-15, fraud MVP led Dallas Mavericks losing in the first round. It would be almost as embarrassing. 73 wins and lose to a 50 win team in the conference finals as heavy favorites? It's not the 1st round like that Mavs team but still.

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Exactly ...

2016 Spurs were frauds of the first degree too. The Warriors should win. No excuse not to ... if they don't they're just as big of frauds as say

The 2007, 67-15, fraud MVP led Dallas Mavericks losing in the first round. It would be almost as embarrassing. 73 wins and lose to a 50 win team in the conference finals as heavy favorites? It's not the 1st round like that Mavs team but still.

Not to mention that OKC just came off of winning 2 games at home vs the Spurs who only lost ONCE in 45 some games at home

They beat literally the second best team in the West and then still blow out the Warriors last game

Golden State also had 3 days off to rest Curry and their response is to lose by 30? LMFAOOOOOO

Optimus Prime
05-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Anybody who knows anything about basketball already knew this Warriors team was not even in the same league as the 96 Bulls.

The NBA is in the worst shape that I can remember. There's 1 real team in the Least and 3-4 in the West. The rest are just taking up space and wasting time.

This Thunder team is very top heavy with two superstars and a bunch of random role players. But, as they always say, stars win titles in the NBA.

And if the Warriors fail to win it all this year, they will be remembered as a joke, especially after all the nauseating amounts of hype they received.

:kobe:

j3lademaster
05-23-2016, 01:33 PM
When his shot isn't falling, what does Steph Curry contribute?elite spacing. Curry is still the ultimate decoy. You let your guard down he's more than capable of dropping a 15-20 pt quarter on you.

Young X
05-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Of course they need to win the series to be compared to some of the greatest teams ever. That is obvious.

But complete frauds? Again..this Thunder team has two of the best players of all time at their absolute peaks along with what is simply proving to be a more than capable supporting cast and a head coach (whom i bashed all year because he was terrible) that has finally figured things out and has pretty much every player in the best spot to succeed.

My point is that this Thunder team is talented in a way that most teams in NBA history simply aren't.

Can we not just admit how great the Thunder are currently playing? They destroyed a Spurs team that was one of the best regular season teams ever. Are they frauds as well?

I mean...I'd get it if we didn't just watch the Thunder take out a 67 win Spurs team that played historically good defense and had a proven championship pedigree along with one of the best coaches ever.

Like...Durant and WB is one of the best duos in NBA history...time to give them some credit if they win this series.

And it's far from over yet...Warriors still probably slight favorites for me.A team with the best record ever that (possibly) loses in the conference finals to a team that wins damn near 20 less games looks fraudulent to me. :confusedshrug:

Yes, OKC is playing extremely well but the Warriors are supposed to have higher standards than everybody else. They're supposed to be held ACCOUNTABLE.

And also it's not just about this series either. They went down 1-2 last year against 2 teams they should've swept. Now they finally face an elite, healthy team and they're in danger of losing the series? That doesn't look fraudulent to you?

I still think they can definitely win this series but they better get it done.

DMAVS41
05-23-2016, 04:32 PM
A team with the best record ever that (possibly) loses in the conference finals to a team that wins damn near 20 less games looks fraudulent to me. :confusedshrug:

Yes, OKC is playing extremely well but the Warriors are supposed to have higher standards than everybody else. They're supposed to be held ACCOUNTABLE.

And also it's not just about this series either. They went down 1-2 last year against 2 teams they should've swept. Now they finally face an elite, healthy team and they're in danger of losing the series? That doesn't look fraudulent to you?

I still think they can definitely win this series but they better get it done.

So....

Your analysis is to focus on a regular season in which the Thunder had to incorporate a new coach and lineups...while ironing out some chemistry issues...along with them not nearly showing the focus at the end of games or defensively they are showing now...

That matters a lot, but how they are playing now and their raw talent level...I guess matters less?

Like...your analysis is that the Thunder's clear underachieving regular season means everything...and the Spurs and Warriors are both frauds?

Like...what?

Of course GSW has to win this series to go down as one of the best teams ever. I don't see anyone disputing that.

However, this BS about the Thunder just not being that good because of a utterly meaningless regular season in which they weren't anywhere close to this level night in night out...is just annoying.

This is what can happen when you have two all timers on one time...it can correct for playing a so called "better team"...

Any team with a decent supporting cast around a KD/Russ combo playing like this is going to scare all but like a handful of teams in NBA history...

Young X
05-23-2016, 04:54 PM
So....

Your analysis is to focus on a regular season in which the Thunder had to incorporate a new coach and lineups...while ironing out some chemistry issues...along with them not nearly showing the focus at the end of games or defensively they are showing now...

That matters a lot, but how they are playing now and their raw talent level...I guess matters less?

Like...your analysis is that the Thunder's clear underachieving regular season means everything...and the Spurs and Warriors are both frauds?

Like...what?

Of course GSW has to win this series to go down as one of the best teams ever. I don't see anyone disputing that.

However, this BS about the Thunder just not being that good because of a utterly meaningless regular season in which they weren't anywhere close to this level night in night out...is just annoying.

This is what can happen when you have two all timers on one time...it can correct for playing a so called "better team"...

Any team with a decent supporting cast around a KD/Russ combo playing like this is going to scare all but like a handful of teams in NBA history...I acknowledge that OKC is playing better than their regular season record right now but they're not a GOAT level team. Golden State is a GOAT level team (or supposed to be). So I have extremely high standards for them.

I don't know where you stand on this. You're arguing that OKC is better than we thought they were. OK, I agree with that.

I think the Warriors losing this series is still a big upset and underachievement, considering the historic level they've played at all season, the massive expectations and all the advantages they have on their side...do you not think this is true?

Dragonyeuw
05-23-2016, 05:13 PM
elite spacing. Curry is still the ultimate decoy. You let your guard down he's more than capable of dropping a 15-20 pt quarter on you.

Which is aided by the fact that he's got probably the 2nd most prolific 3point shooter as his running mate who can get just as hot...

DMAVS41
05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
I acknowledge that OKC is playing better than their regular season record right now but they're not a GOAT level team. Golden State is a GOAT level team (or supposed to be). So I have extremely high standards for them.

I don't know where you stand on this. You're arguing that OKC is better than we thought they were. OK, I agree with that.

I think the Warriors losing this series is still a big upset and underachievement, considering the historic level they've played at all season, the massive expectations and all the advantages they have on their side...do you not think this is true?

Of course it is a big upset...although less of one than we thought a month ago after we watched the Thunder dismantle a great Spurs team.

So I agree it would be an upset, but I don't see how you can call a team like this Warriors team frauds because they are struggling with a team with two all timers at their peaks...on a team that just upset a great 67 win Spurs team.

Just seems a bit much to say.

Again though...of course the Warriors have to win the title to be thought of as one of the best teams ever.

But frauds? LOL...this is an epic 2 year run by the Warriors regardless of what happens in this series.

Were the 08 Celtics frauds because they struggled with the Hawks and Cavs? They would have been complete frauds in your view of Lebron gets that loose ball in 08 and the Cavs win?

The margins are just not going to be enormous when all time great players are on the opposing team...

MiseryCityTexas
05-23-2016, 05:34 PM
72-10 Bulls wouldn't struggle against the current OKC Thunder.

Young X
05-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Of course it is a big upset...although less of one than we thought a month ago after we watched the Thunder dismantle a great Spurs team.

So I agree it would be an upset, but I don't see how you can call a team like this Warriors team frauds because they are struggling with a team with two all timers at their peaks...on a team that just upset a great 67 win Spurs team.

Just seems a bit much to say.

Again though...of course the Warriors have to win the title to be thought of as one of the best teams ever.

But frauds? LOL...this is an epic 2 year run by the Warriors regardless of what happens in this series.

Were the 08 Celtics frauds because they struggled with the Hawks and Cavs? They would have been complete frauds in your view of Lebron gets that loose ball in 08 and the Cavs win?

The margins are just not going to be enormous when all time great players are on the opposing team...The '08 Celtics didn't have the best record in NBA history.

People weren't saying they were as good as or better than the '96 Bulls.

When that Celtics team was tested against another great team (Lakers), they passed.

If they had lost to the Cavs in '08 how would they not have looked like frauds? 66 wins with 3 HOF's and you lose in the 2nd round to basically a one man team?

My thing is, this Warriors team considering what they've done up to this point, the hype, the comparisons to the Bulls, having the best player in the world, having homecourt should have higher expectations than pretty much any team ever did. You CANNOT lose to this team even with how good they've looked in the playoffs so far.

Da_Realist
05-23-2016, 06:04 PM
72-10 Bulls wouldn't struggle against the current OKC Thunder.

Right. Bulls were too smart, too disciplined, had bigger bigs, were just as athletic, better defense, more structured offense, feasted on turnovers and had the ultimate perimeter weapon.

DMAVS41
05-23-2016, 06:28 PM
The '08 Celtics didn't have the best record in NBA history.

People weren't saying they were as good as or better than the '96 Bulls.

When that Celtics team was tested against another great team (Lakers), they passed.

If they had lost to the Cavs in '08 how would they not have looked like frauds? 66 wins with 3 HOF's and you lose in the 2nd round to basically a one man team?

My thing is, this Warriors team considering what they've done up to this point, the hype, the comparisons to the Bulls, having the best player in the world, having homecourt should have higher expectations than pretty much any team ever did. You CANNOT lose to this team even with how good they've looked in the playoffs so far.

I'm trying to point out how silly calling these type of teams "frauds" is...

You say the Celtics in 08 would be frauds, but literally a bounce of the ball different and they could have lost that series. So one play might determine whether or not you deem a team great or fraudulent? That seems like an absurd scale to judge teams on.

Again, I'm not saying that the Warriors can lose and still be thought of as one of the best teams ever.

I'm saying that the Warriors losing this series or to the Cavs does not make them "frauds"...

They aren't out there struggling against some average team. They are struggling to a team that has a top 20 GOAT candidate at his peak and another top 50 type player of all time at his peak. This just isn't some normal team they are facing.

They have had an absurdly good two year run regardless of what happens...and I think calling a team like this fraudulent is the height of ignorance.

Optimus Prime
05-23-2016, 06:33 PM
If they lose they'll be frauds because of the unbearable amount of hype they've received as "the best team ever". It wouldn't be such a big deal if not for the ridiculous and undeserved "best team" hype.

Young X
05-23-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm trying to point out how silly calling these type of teams "frauds" is...

You say the Celtics in 08 would be frauds, but literally a bounce of the ball different and they could have lost that series. So one play might determine whether or not you deem a team great or fraudulent? That seems like an absurd scale to judge teams on.

Again, I'm not saying that the Warriors can lose and still be thought of as one of the best teams ever.

I'm saying that the Warriors losing this series or to the Cavs does not make them "frauds"...

They aren't out there struggling against some average team. They are struggling to a team that has a top 20 GOAT candidate at his peak and another top 50 type player of all time at his peak. This just isn't some normal team they are facing.

They have had an absurdly good two year run regardless of what happens...and I think calling a team like this fraudulent is the height of ignorance.Well first of all, I'm not calling them frauds I said they would like frauds.

When a team has reached the level of dominance and success that the Warriors have you look fraudulent when you lose to a team that is clearly inferior.

Especially after what happened last postseason when the teams that were supposed to challenge them were injured and weakened versions of themselves.

You're right that this is not a normal team they are facing but they should absolutely be good enough to beat this team even despite how well the Thunder have been performing in the postseason. They didn't win 73 games for nothing.

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Exactly ...

:biggums:

guy
05-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Even if they lose, they aren't frauds. They've already won a title and just had the greatest regular season record ever. Steph still rightfully deserves to go down as one of the greatest players ever. Maybe not as great as people thought, but still one of the greatest i.e. having arguably the greatest offensive regular season ever, one of the greatest PG peaks ever.

Still would be an incredible upset though.

DMAVS41
05-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Well first of all, I'm not calling them frauds I said they would like frauds.

When a team has reached the level of dominance and success that the Warriors have you look fraudulent when you lose to a team that is clearly inferior.

Especially after what happened last postseason when the teams that were supposed to challenge them were injured and weakened versions of themselves.

You're right that this is not a normal team they are facing but they should absolutely be good enough to beat this team even despite how well the Thunder have been performing in the postseason. They didn't win 73 games for nothing.

Seems like silly semantics.

They won't look like frauds if they lose this series. They will look like a team that got worn down a bit from two grueling years that came up against a team with two monsters playing at their peaks.

Again, you can't just ignore that Spurs series. I'd agree more with you if the Thunder hadn't beaten one of the 20 best regular season teams of all time in the previous round...and made them look kind of bad in the process.

I mean, think about it logically, lets say the Thunder win this series in 6.

What is more likely? That the Spurs and Warriors are frauds or look like frauds or whatever you want to say...

Or that a team with two all timers playing unreal good got hot at the right time and was playing at a championship level or slightly over a championship level historically as this Thunder team would win most of the down years in the league.

I mean...at some point we can't just say the Warriors and Spurs aren't that good. Like...they are two pretty proven commodities at this point.

IGOTGAME
05-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Seems like silly semantics.

They won't look like frauds if they lose this series. They will look like a team that got worn down a bit from two grueling years that came up against a team with two monsters playing at their peaks.

Again, you can't just ignore that Spurs series. I'd agree more with you if the Thunder hadn't beaten one of the 20 best regular season teams of all time in the previous round...and made them look kind of bad in the process.

I mean, think about it logically, lets say the Thunder win this series in 6.

What is more likely? That the Spurs and Warriors are frauds or look like frauds or whatever you want to say...

Or that a team with two all timers playing unreal good got hot at the right time and was playing at a championship level or slightly over a championship level historically as this Thunder team would win most of the down years in the league.

I mean...at some point we can't just say the Warriors and Spurs aren't that good. Like...they are two pretty proven commodities at this point.

Oddly enough I've been saying that about Spurs all year, I thought they were overrated and needed to avoid OKC