PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry Warrior fans..

3ball
05-23-2016, 01:03 AM
But you're team is DONE

I fully expected tonight's game to either be close, or a Warrior blowout - but I ALSO told myself: "if OKC somehow wins in a blowout, then they have a legit advantage and they have this Warrior team's number."

I knew going in what a blowout would mean, but didn't expect it.

It's unexpected.. But in reality, everyone has slept on this OKC team because they've been INJURED the last 3 seasons.. But now they're quietly healthy and STILL have the best 1-2 punch in the league, EASILY.. They're the new MJ and Scottie, although I'm not sure who's who - actually yeah I do - Durant's Jordan.. Infact, it's more like Jordan (durant) and mini-Jordan (westbrook).. yikes... it could be the first real dynasty since the 3-peat Bulls and Lakers

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Who are ur fave current players in the league?

nba_55
05-23-2016, 01:08 AM
But you said you didn't watch today's NBA :biggums:

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Steven Adams is HUGE

JACKED

Terahite
3ball drunk as shit :lol

SouBeachTalents

I think it's LeBron. He's always posting about how much better LeBron was than Jordan

Dray n Klay
05-23-2016, 01:10 AM
1-9

KiiiiNG
05-23-2016, 01:11 AM
Welcome to the family brother. It's a been a long time coming.

Inferno
05-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Since when is 1-2 done?

JohnMax
05-23-2016, 01:14 AM
Your not sorry... You want Golden State to fail so the 1996 Bulls legacy can be salvaged.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2016, 01:18 AM
But you're team is DONE
Your.

Your not sorry...
You're.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2016, 01:19 AM
ITT: Americans who can't properly speak their own language.

3ball
05-23-2016, 01:24 AM
durant

durant

durant

I only appreciate the best and real skill (which means goat shooting (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26)).. before Durant, it was Paul Pierce, who had one of the sickest offensive repertoires the game's ever seen

the next dynasty coming.. should've happened 3 years ago, but it's all karma and it all makes sense

scandisk_
05-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Warriors with a backdoor sweep :roll:

Poetry
05-23-2016, 01:27 AM
They're the new MJ and Scottie, although I'm not sure who's who - actually yeah I do - Durant's Jordan.. Infact, it's more like Jordan (durant) and mini-Jordan (westbrook).. yikes... it could be the first real dynasty since the 3-peat Bulls and Lakers

It seems like they would be a natural fit for the triangle. Too bad Phil is in NY.

3ball
05-23-2016, 01:38 AM
It seems like they would be a natural fit for the triangle. Too bad Phil is in NY.
Westbrook is too ball-dominant for the triangle - he adjust his game and learn to play well in the offense, but it would take him YEARS....

just like it's taken him and Durant YEARS to develop championship chemistry.. :banana:.. (it would've happened much sooner and easier if Westbrook wasn't such a ball-dominator)

The triangle was a very unique offense that didn't allow ball-domination - it was rare for MJ or Pippen to have extended dribbling forays or catch and hold the ball for more than a couple seconds.. A cursory glance at a single possession of that offense shows this ostensibly.

Kiddlovesnets
05-23-2016, 01:41 AM
I agree with the OP, the Warriors are way overrated. People quickly forget the fact that the Warriors were a mere 47 wins team 3 years ago and 51 wins team 2 years ago. They just had a sudden stroke of luke in the last 2 years and won more games than they should, but good luck will run out eventually. After losing WCF this year, the Warriors will be back to mediocrity, a 50 wins team with 1st/2nd round exit as they are supposed to be.

ClipperRevival
05-23-2016, 01:43 AM
It's the way GSW lost that should worry them. No up tempo shots but a lot of contested shots against set defenses. In conventional sets, they lack the size to get boards and aren't nearly as good. OKC completely controlled the tempo.

I am not going to sell a 73 win team short. You don't win like that by accident in the NBA. And ditto for Curry, who can further cement his greatness by coming up big for the rest of the series and helping his team win.

BedroomBully
05-23-2016, 01:44 AM
But you're team is DONE

I fully expected tonight's game to either be close, or a Warrior blowout - but I ALSO told myself: "if OKC somehow wins in a blowout, then they have a legit advantage and they have this Warrior team's number."

It's unexpected.. But in reality, everyone has slept on this OKC team because they've been INJURED the last 3 seasons.. But now they're quietly healthy and STILL have the best 1-2 punch in the league, EASILY.. They're the new MJ and Scottie, although I'm not sure who's who - actually yeah I do - Durant's Jordan.. Infact, it's more like Jordan (durant) and mini-Jordan (westbrook).. yikes... it could be the first real dynasty since the 3-peat Bulls and Lakers
Its funny how you compare Westbrook to MJ, because I see a lot of MJ in him. Im glad he is outplaying Curry... The whole chucking 3s and playing no defense was getting annoying.

3ball
05-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Warriors with a backdoor sweep :roll:

Normally I would agree in this spot - the team with the 2-1 lead is often a team with inferior talent that has found a way to exploit their favored opponent.

And their fans must hope they can hang on... but they usually don't.

but OKC is different - they have MORE talent and BETTER players than the Warriors.. and they have sufficient chemistry and strategy to achieve blowouts in key games (like tonight)..

so there won't be any backdoor sweep in this series.. okc in 6

BedroomBully
05-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Normally I would agree in this spot - the team with the 2-1 lead is often a team with inferior talent that has found a way to exploit their favored opponent.

And their fans must hope they can hang on... but they usually don't.

but OKC is different - they have MORE talent and BETTER players than the Warriors.. and they have sufficient chemistry and strategy to achieve blowouts in key games (like tonight)..

so there won't be any backdoor sweep in this series.. okc in 6
I hope you're right. I just don't know how the so called experts counter OKC completely out!

KiiiiNG
05-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Durant game 3 highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfc2YexGLN4

Brilliant

3ball
05-23-2016, 02:06 AM
Its funny how you compare Westbrook to MJ, because I see a lot of MJ in him.

Their rim attack is similar off-the-dribble and they have similar intensity.. Westbrook is a great player.

But Jordan was 3 inches taller, way smarter, could double-pump from the FT line with ease, and shot a full 10 percentage points better.

So Westbrook is Jordan's mini-me.. Otoh, Durant's scoring impact and production compares much better to Jordan than Westbrook does.

Im glad he is outplaying Curry... The whole chucking 3s and playing no defense was getting annoying.

he's destroying the kid

the funny thing is that most fans that think barkley knows nothing (he said the Warriors would lose).. it's true that he says a lot of crap - but he PLAYED the game and knows that reliance on 3-pointers is exploitable and not capable of sustained success.

part of the reason for the lack of sustainability is that most 3-pointers are catch-and-shoot and wide open (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406865) - so it's easier for teams to DUPLICATE the Warriors, since the players needed are more cookie-cutter.

otoh, it was harder to duplicate the great 2-point teams of previous eras because 2-pointers are scored in more diverse ways and are more CONTESTED, so there's more individually-unique skill - every guy played differently.. so it was impossible for teams to copy the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc - because they had mastered 2-point scoring in an individually-unique way, which made them less copyable and allowed them to have more sustained success..

Prime_Shaq
05-23-2016, 02:07 AM
Steven Adams.

BedroomBully
05-23-2016, 02:11 AM
Their rim attack is similar off-the-dribble and they have similar intensity.. Westbrook is a great player.

But Jordan was 3 inches taller, way smarter, could double-pump from the FT line with ease, and shot a full 10 percentage points better.

So Westbrook is Jordan's mini-me.. Otoh, Durant's scoring impact and production compares much better to Jordan than Westbrook does.

he's destroying the kid

the funny thing is that most fans that think barkley knows nothing (he said the Warriors would lose).. it's true that he says a lot of crap - but he PLAYED the game and knows that reliance on 3-pointers is exploitable and not capable of sustained success.

part of the reason for the lack of sustainability is that most 3-pointers are catch-and-shoot and wide open (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406865) - so it's easier for teams to DUPLICATE the Warriors, since the players needed are more cookie-cutter.

otoh, it was harder to duplicate the great 2-point teams of previous eras because 2-pointers are scored in more diverse ways and are more CONTESTED, so there's more individually-unique skill - every guy played differently.. so it was impossible for teams to copy the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc - because they had mastered an individually-unique way to score 2-pointers, which made them less copyable and allowed them to have more sustained success..
I agree 100%. I only compared MJ to Westbrook because they take the ball to the rim and play elite D. Also, they play with such intensity and killer instinct that you rarely see from anyone now days. You take the 3ball away from that lil soft boy curry, and he is useless!

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-23-2016, 02:29 AM
It's the way GSW lost that should worry them. No up tempo shots but a lot of contested shots against set defenses. In conventional sets, they lack the size to get boards and aren't nearly as good. OKC completely controlled the tempo.

I am not going to sell a 73 win team short. You don't win like that by accident in the NBA. And ditto for Curry, who can further cement his greatness by coming up big for the rest of the series and helping his team win.

Hard to do if you actually watched the game you would see that the refs literally took the ball out of the warriors hands with the ticky tacky fouls they were calling in favor of the thunder. Couldn't get any rhythm with the refs down our backs and not calling the numerous fouls the thunder commited.

ClipperRevival
05-23-2016, 02:34 AM
Hard to do if you actually watched the game you would see that the refs literally took the ball out of the warriors hands with the ticky tacky fouls they were calling in favor of the thunder. Couldn't get any rhythm with the refs down our backs and not calling the numerous fouls the thunder commited.

Please. Aggression is rewarded in bball. Always has been, always will. Jump shooting teams that don't attack the basket don't get to the line. OKC attacked time and time again. This is bball 101. When you attack, you force the refs to make a call one way or the other.

Smoke117
05-23-2016, 02:42 AM

...he hasn't watched NBA basketball in about 5 years...yes that's how big of a ****ing loser he is...that he's still here spamming his nonsense when he doesn't even watch basketball anymore.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-23-2016, 02:49 AM
Please. Aggression is rewarded in bball. Always has been, always will. Jump shooting teams that don't attack the basket don't get to the line. OKC attacked time and time again. This is bball 101. When you attack, you force the refs to make a call one way or the other.

Did you actually watch the game? Klays first 5 Baskets were layups. The warriors barley shot any jumpshots. We kept driving and driving and getting hacked and never got any calls. Steph was being grabbed and Wb was allowed to push off every single time. You're a good poster but please watch the game next time before bringing in cliche stuff like jumpshooting teams don't drive to the basket.

WB and Durant when they drove never looked to score. They just flailed and got the fouls. The Refs set the tone for this game. Too bad the warriors were too stupid to calm down and play a calm methodical game.

3ball
05-23-2016, 02:51 AM
...he hasn't watched NBA basketball in about 5 years...yes that's how big of a ****ing loser he is...that he's still here spamming his nonsense when he doesn't even watch basketball anymore.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTcnSOEKegBnYhGahW/giphy.gif

It's Durant's turn now - I only appreciate the best and real skill (which REQUIRES goat shooting (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26)).

ClipperRevival
05-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Did you actually watch the game? Klays first 5 Baskets were layups. The warriors barley shot any jumpshots. We kept driving and driving and getting hacked and never got any calls. Steph was being grabbed and Wb was allowed to push off every single time. You're a good poster but please watch the game next time before bringing in cliche stuff like jumpshooting teams don't drive to the basket.

WB and Durant when they drove never looked to score. They just flailed and got the fouls. The Refs set the tone for this game. Too bad the warriors were too stupid to calm down and play a calm methodical game.

I watched the entire game and of course during a 48 minute game, a team will attempt quite a few lay ups. But the jist I got from GS was they weren't themselves because they couldn't control tempo. They are most lethal when they are playing semi-transition when the D isn't set and somewhat scrambling and their shooters are getting good, open looks. Tonight, they were forced to play mostly in the half court. And that's just not them at their best.

And attacking the basket is one thing but you need to attack effectively. OkC contested very well tonight while GS seemed a step slow at contesting OkC.

ClipperRevival
05-23-2016, 03:04 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTcnSOEKegBnYhGahW/giphy.gif

It's Durant's turn now - I only appreciate the best and real skill (which REQUIRES goat shooting (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26)).

:biggums:

I only think you are backing KD because you're glad a guy who exihibited MJesque ability might lose. If KD gets a little fresh and wins a few rings and he gets comparisons to MJ, I can see you copying and pasting sh't on how he doesn't compare. :oldlol: There's also the threat of Bron winning a 3rd so you are hoping KD gets 1. As long as no one gets too fresh to get MJ comparisons, you are cool with that player.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-23-2016, 03:11 AM
I watched the entire game and of course during a 48 minute game, a team will attempt quite a few lay ups. But the jist I got from GS was they weren't themselves because they couldn't control tempo. They are most lethal when they are playing semi-transition when the D isn't set and somewhat scrambling and their shooters are getting good, open looks. Tonight, they were forced to play mostly in the half court. And that's just not them at their best.

And attacking the basket is one thing but you need to attack effectively. OkC contested very well tonight while GS seemed a step slow at contesting OkC.

Right from the gate the refs set the tone that they will allow OKC to get away with most fouls on defense but will call ticky tacky fouls for the Thunder on the offensive side. The warriors drove the ball into the lane but, whenever we got fouled during the first and second quarter where the game matterd , no call was given. Being "Agressive is total BS. The Ft count as 25 -4 at some point and we were within striking distance. The refs killed any tempo or any momentum the warriors tried to gain. They should have been more resilient than that but you can't discount that the refs handed the tempo and the tone of the game in favor of the Thunder.

D. Toretto
05-23-2016, 03:49 AM
But you're team is DONE

Series ain't over now buddy. If Curry doesnt deliver next game, you can talk.

AintNoSunshine
05-23-2016, 03:56 AM
The overreaction of everyone is so stupid.

After game 1: Warriors are no longer the favorite

After game 2 blow out: Warriors can still take it on when they want

After game 3 Thunder blow out: Warriors are done.

This is going to be a long series either way, and we know the NBA is not going to suspend Green because Warriors are just cuddled by Silver like that, so Warriors are probably going to win game 4 much like how Thunder is able to bounce back tonight.

ImKobe
05-23-2016, 03:58 AM
It was a tie game in the 2nd quarter before things got out of hand

OKC in the previous game also gave up a big run in 2nd and 3rd quarter after a tie game

I'd only give OKC the edge IF the league suspends Draymond Green, which they should.

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 09:01 AM
But you're team is DONE

Well what do you expect when the Thunder have a player better than Michael Jordan.

BIG FURB
05-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Threads like this always end up making the people that make them look bad. It's 2-1, way too early in a series to write off a team, especially a 73 win defending champion. Not saying the warriors can't lose this series, but it's no foregone conclusion

NumberSix
05-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Chris Bosh

Gerald Wallace/Jarrett Jack

Dylan (dye-lon)

Hittin_Shots
05-23-2016, 10:59 AM
ITT: Americans who can't properly speak their own language.

But they're not from England

ImKobe
05-23-2016, 11:02 AM
But you're team is DONE

Westbrook has been better than KD all Playoffs

KD has regressed a bit while Westbrook as improved his game a lot in the playmaking area.

It's a Kobe/Shaq situation, both guys are leaders/best players in the league. Pippen was never that good.

NBAGOAT
05-23-2016, 11:04 AM

I only think you are backing KD because you're glad a guy who exihibited MJesque ability might lose. If KD gets a little fresh and wins a few rings and he gets comparisons to MJ, I can see you copying and pasting sh't on how he doesn't compare. :oldlol: There's also the threat of Bron winning a 3rd so you are hoping KD gets 1. As long as no one gets too fresh to get MJ comparisons, you are cool with that player.

him picking Paul Pierce as his favorite player before is an even moreobvious one. Understandable due his nice midrange and 3 pt shooting and his scoring skillset but he might be the only big scorer from the early 00's who wasn't compared to MJ. Not a mention of Kobe, Iverson, Tmac, or Carter.

Mr. Jabbar
05-23-2016, 11:04 AM
2/7 is happening with either GS or OKC :lol

GINOBILI!
05-23-2016, 11:51 AM
2/7 is happening with either GS or OKC :lol
This. Raptors winning this series is more likely than the Cavs winning the Finals.

ShawkFactory
05-23-2016, 12:02 PM

Of course.

JohnnySic
05-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Warriors just need to win game 4 and they gain the momentum and home court back.

OKC Adonis
05-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Steven Adams is HUGE

JACKED

Dray probably could tell you that in detail.

BlakFrankWhite
05-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Russell Westbrook is the best player in the world.

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Russell Westbrook is the best player in the world.
Not even the best on his team. I'll give you that he is the best guard on his team.

LAZERUSS
05-23-2016, 03:05 PM

This is going to be a long series either way, and we know the NBA is not going to suspend Green because Warriors are just cuddled by Silver like that, so Warriors are probably going to win game 4 much like how Thunder is able to bounce back tonight.

This.

Having said that, though...

The Warriors have clearly been a better team without Curry.

He didn't contribute much at all in the first round, and GS went 5-0 (the game 3 loss was over-turned by the NBA.) Then, they were 2-1 in the Portland series.

So, in the last five games since his return, GS is 3-2 record, and he has basically played well in one OT, and in one 3 minute stretch in which he scored 15 points. Take away those two short bursts, and he has been a non-factor. This last blowout was just another example. The Warriosr were down six when he left the floor (and 13 at one point), and immediately tied the score with him out. He then returned with a six point deficit, and the rest was a brutal beatdown. And yes, he was the main reason.

The Warriors are a MUCH better defensive team with him off the floor. He wanders around aimlessly on the defensive end, can't defend anyone, and occasionally runs into a pass while playing the famous "Curry Zone."

On the offensive end, he has broken team chemistry. Teammates watch him dribble around, and wait for him to fling a 30 footer, and are nowhere near the same passing team with him off the floor. They have a much better flow with him on the bench.

Those are the facts.

And yes, I still believe that the Warriors will win it all. But if they do, unless he becomes a contributor, instead of a liability, they will win it despite him.

LAZERUSS
05-23-2016, 03:06 PM

This.

He didn't contribute much at all in the first round, and GS went 5-0 (the game 3 loss was over-turned by the NBA.) Then, they were 2-1 in the Portland series, and just before he returned.

So, in the last five games since his return, GS is 3-2 record, and he has basically played well in one OT, and in one 3 minute stretch in which he scored 15 points. Take away those two short bursts, and he has been a non-factor. This last blowout was just another example. The Warriosr were down six when he left the floor (and 13 at one point), and immediately tied the score with him out. He then returned with a six point deficit, and the rest was a brutal beatdown. And yes, he was the main reason.

The Warriors are a MUCH better defensive team with him off the floor. He wanders around aimlessly on the defensive end, can't defend anyone, and occasionally runs into a pass while playing the famous "Curry Zone."

On the offensive end, he has broken team chemistry. Teammates watch him dribble around, and wait for him to fling a 30 footer, and are nowhere near the same passing team with him off the floor. They have a much better flow with him on the bench.

Those are the facts.

And yes, I still believe that the Warriors will win it all. But if they do, unless he becomes a contributor, instead of a liability, they will win it despite him.

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 03:10 PM
He didn't contribute much at all in the first round, and GS went 5-0 (the game 3 loss was over-turned by the NBA.) Then, they were 2-1 in the Portland series.
So much revisionism going on here :lol

LAZERUSS
05-23-2016, 03:20 PM
So much revisionism going on here :lol

They blew the Rockets out without the Fragile one. Hell in the last six quarters of that series they outscored Houston by 60 points...all without ZERO/11.

And they were 2-1 against the Blazers when Glass returned. He was just awful in the first 48 minutes, and even choked away the last shot of regulation. Had he not played at all, GS likely would have won easily. Yes, he exploded in OT, but again, without him puking all over the floor in regulation, the Warriors would have won.

In the clincher, the Warriors hung on for a 4 point win, on their home floor, WITH him. Without him, they romped over the Blazers in the first two games at home.

He was awful in games one and three against the Thunder, and one was a close loss, and the other a crushing blowout. In the one win, he looked like he was sleep-walking in the first half, and finally the FMVP took over and led the Warriors to a lead. From that point on, GS was in control. And again...Bruised Knee had that THREE MINUTE burst of 15 points, and hasn't returned since.

Sorry, that is NOT revisionism, but rather the FACTS.

CuterThanRubio
05-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Jinx incoming

Inferno
05-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Warriors just need to win game 4 and they gain the momentum and home court back.

Yeah, idk why everyone's tripping over one game. :lol Weren't the Spurs up 2-1 on OKC?

LAZERUSS
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Jinx incoming

I think the Warriors will win this series, and ultimately, the Finals.

However, if Glass comes out in a daze again, they need to get his ass off the floor and bring in someone like Iggy, Shaun, or even Ian.

They can't afford to fall behind by 20 again.

pauk
05-23-2016, 04:02 PM
durant

durant

durant

I only appreciate the best and real skill (which means goat shooting (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26)).. before Durant, it was Paul Pierce, who had one of the sickest offensive repertoires the game's ever seen

the next dynasty coming.. should've happened 3 years ago, but it's all karma and it all makes sense

That doesnt make sense, goat shooting? So why stan Jordan? Also why hate Curry? Curry would embarrass Jordan in a shootout from any distance... blindfolded...

Bully Allen
05-23-2016, 04:04 PM
you're obviously a lowkey Curry stan and wanting this to backfire

we know you're shtick *yawn*

Tarik One
05-23-2016, 04:14 PM
The Thunder is one of the few teams in the league athletic enough around the perimeter to switch everything one the Warriors when they go small while still keeping rim protection. The other is Boston. But the difference is that on the other end, Westbrook and Durant and Ibaka can outrun everyone on the Warriors team. They proved it last night.

Even the people covering the Warriors recognize that something different is happening this series. And if they lose, posters are gonna be like. "No one saw this coming". Except here we are, saying it is coming.

sportjames23
05-23-2016, 04:15 PM
That doesnt make sense, goat shooting? So why stan Jordan? Also why hate Curry? Curry would embarrass Jordan in a shootout from any distance... blindfolded...

http://replygif.net/i/189.gif

Dro
05-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Your.

You're.
:lol

BedroomBully
05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
This.

Those are the facts.

Bro I have been saying this forever!!! They hide him on defense, hence the reason he is so explosive on the offensive end. Westbrook is making this boi work! If you watch the games, he is avoiding that defensive assignment like the a gay dude avoids the pu$$y.