PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Charity

UK2K
05-23-2016, 11:53 AM
We need a name. Already been in touch with several combat vets I deployed with, as well as made contacts with numerous local businesses in several states, to provide 'quality of life' type services for veterans.

Job training.
Counseling.
Paying for certifications/classes.
Alleviating the cost of therapy.
Helping with the cost of service dogs.
Job offerings.

That sort of stuff. I'm friends with the girl who runs our charity here at work (which gave out over $300,000 last month) and we've already gotten started on the necessary paperwork, business plan, etc.

But we need a name.

Any suggestions?

fiddy
05-23-2016, 12:03 PM
HUT (Help a Used Toysoldier)?

CeltsGarlic
05-23-2016, 12:12 PM
YCC

/

OCC

O for old

Charlie Sheen
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't understand the purpose of this. Why not fundraise for an already existing charity? There are plenty for military.

nathanjizzle
05-23-2016, 12:28 PM
trumptard coalition for foreign murderers.

fiddy
05-23-2016, 12:30 PM
trumptard coalition for foreign murderers.
Wasnt Obongo supposed to withdraw everyone once he assumed office in 2008?

UK2K
05-23-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't understand the purpose of this. Why not fundraise for an already existing charity? There are plenty for military.

I haven't found any charities that provide 'transitional' services. Yes, you get job training in the military, which is awesome if you're a medic and want to be an EMT, or if you're an MP and want to be a cop, or if you're a mechanic and want to work on diesel engines.

But there are a lot of jobs (particularly in the 03-- field) that do not transition to the civilian world. Operating a mortar or artillery piece in the military doesn't really do much for you as far as job prospects are concerned when you get into the civilian world.

Other things, like counseling, therapy, and the alleviation of healthcare costs, you can get elsewhere but the process is unreal. Besides, Wounded Warrior Project has been ****ing people for years and that shit pisses me off.

And, as I mentioned, I have a lot of connections in several states, as does the other 'main' dude I am working with on this. I have business connections (I know lots of business owners) in several states, as well as connections with several sports teams (close connections to the Board of Trustees at UK and UL) that would be willing to donate event tickets for veterans who may be facing depression or other emotional issues. Between that and knowing a lot of wealthy people (particularly around Louisville and Houston), I figured we could help those people make connections.

Unless you want to go to the VA or the DOD for assistance, you're ****ed. Actually, if you go to the VA or the DOD for assistance, you're still gonna be ****ed. There's a reason these people needing 'free healthcare' (Obamacare) weren't added to the VA healthcare system... if they were, they'd have rioted. The poor welfare leaches in this country have better access to healthcare than our veterans.

To answer your question...

Because it needs to be done.

nathanjizzle
05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
I haven't found any charities that provide 'transitional' services. Yes, you get job training in the military, which is awesome if you're a medic and want to be an EMT, or if you're an MP and want to be a cop, or if you're a mechanic and want to work on diesel engines.

But there are a lot of jobs (particularly in the 03-- field) that do not transition to the civilian world. Operating a mortar or artillery piece in the military doesn't really do much for you as far as job prospects are concerned when you get into the civilian world.

Other things, like counseling, therapy, and the alleviation of healthcare costs, you can get elsewhere but the process is unreal. Besides, Wounded Warrior Project has been ****ing people for years and that shit pisses me off.

And, as I mentioned, I have a lot of connections in several states, as does the other 'main' dude I am working with on this. I have business connections (I know lots of business owners) in several states, as well as connections with several sports teams (close connections to the Board of Trustees at UK and UL) that would be willing to donate event tickets for veterans who may be facing depression or other emotional issues. Between that and knowing a lot of wealthy people (particularly around Louisville and Houston), I figured we could help those people make connections.

Unless you want to go to the VA or the DOD for assistance, you're ****ed. Actually, if you go to the VA or the DOD for assistance, you're still gonna be ****ed. There's a reason these people needing 'free healthcare' (Obamacare) weren't added to the VA healthcare system... if they were, they'd have rioted. The poor welfare leaches in this country have better access to healthcare than our veterans.

To answer your question...

Because it needs to be done.

you go man! go rehabilitate those grown ass men. You are an honorable man.

:roll:

UK2K
05-23-2016, 12:42 PM
you go man! go rehabilitate those grown ass men. You are an honorable man.

:roll:

Thanks. California spends roughly $3,500 per year, per inmate, (that would be roughly 160,000 prisoners x $3,500 per year) to rehabilitate their grown ass men, so I figured helping a a few veterans with job certifications is the least I could do.

No reason Joe Street Trash and his 18 convictions should be treated better than our vets.

So do you have a suggestion for a name, or nah?

Big_Dogg
05-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Only name that came to mind was "Soldier On", don't ask me why, it just did, not overly complicated or a play on words, just made sense to me

No matter what people on the forums may think of your personal views on things, anything to help service veterans is a worthy cause in my opinion

iamgine
05-23-2016, 10:16 PM
TUFUS

aka

Thank U For Ur Service

It's easy to remember and bring out some emotion when people hears it.

BigNBAfan
05-23-2016, 10:32 PM
I've thought about it myself but it requires quite a bit of investment... and im not just talking about time.

Bay Area Baller
05-24-2016, 01:14 AM
Okay I got one took me five minutes hope you like it.

Favor

Freedom
Aiming
Veterans with
Obligatory
Rights

IcanzIIravor
05-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Helping
Vets
Transition
Correctly

I got nothing outside of that

bigkingsfan
05-24-2016, 05:47 AM
Boheca

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2016, 06:02 AM
Good work JD

UK2K
05-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Ha weve spent weeks trying to come up with a name...

Surprisingly that's been the hardest part.

UK2K
05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Operation 22?

#Operation22

Who says no?

Also thought Op22 would be easier to say but not sure if civilians would make the connection.

code green
05-25-2016, 07:15 AM
Work for Warriors?

Might be too much like Wounded Warriors, but I like alliteration. :confusedshrug:

UK2K
05-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Work for Warriors?

Might be too much like Wounded Warriors, but I like alliteration. :confusedshrug:

Putting Warriors to Work

Nice slogan.