PDA

View Full Version : After that blowout people are still comparing Curry to MJ? LMFAO

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:39 PM
To top it off Michael Jordan put up better numbers as a 40 year old than Curry did in his first few years in the league LMFAOOOOO

Jordan at the age of 40 (playing for a trash Wiz team)
20 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO, on 45% FG (19 FGA) and 30% 3Pt

Curry at the age of 25 (2012-2013 year before they won the chip)
23 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 TO on 45% FG (18 FGA) and 45% from 3PT

15 years older and still nearly outplaying Curry entering his prime.

Jordan as an old man in his 15th year in the league with all the young guns trying to embarrass him every game when they faced him put up better numbers than Curry at 25 years old in his 4th year in the league.

The laughs keep coming!

Let Curry win multiple championships and perform consistently for 10 years before people start the comparison vs Jordan.

In this sissy league Jordan would put up 40 in his sleep every game. He probably would shoot so many free throws per game that they would have to make a rule change.

Jordan played against Joe Dumars, Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boy Pistons, Magic Johnson and the Lakers, Ewing and the Knicks under Riley, Shaq and the Magic, Hakeem and the Rockets, Malone/Stockton/Horny and the Jazz under Sloan, Reggie Miller and the Pacers, and Larry Bird and the Celtics.

Jordan dominated a list of the NBA's top players in its history and yet people come here saying his era is weak

Jordan used to get absolutely leveled and destroyed on a nightly basis. Shaq was even on record as saying that only MJ truly understood the beating he took night in and night out.

Weak scrawny players like Curry and Durant wouldnt be able to make it thru an 82 game season let alone survive in the physical nightmare of the playoffs

Look up the highlights of those playoff games Jordan gets hacked so hard that Lebron would be crying for weeks

To add insult to injury to all the haters Jordan won a three peat not once BUT TWICE and won Finals MVP for every championship.

The funniest posts on InsideHoops are those that compare Curry to Jordan. Jordan performed at the highest level nearly every season he had in the NBA. WTF has Curry done before last season, NOTHING.

The GOAT will always be the GOAT and those who try to say otherwise will continue to be embarrassed on a daily basis

Hold this L my niggaas

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 01:40 PM
To top it off Michael Jordan put up better numbers as a 40 year old than Curry did in his first few years in the league LMFAOOOOO

:durantunimpressed:

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:47 PM

What's the problem?

Curry was 25 years old in 2012-2013, it was the year before they won the championship, which many are calling the year Curry entered his prime

So comparing a player who played 37 minutes a game after 15 years in the league at 40 years old to a 25 year old player entering his prime, and the older guy puts up nearly identical numbers??

That's a 15 year DIFFERENCE.

At that point in his career Curry had only played 150 NBA games, Michael Jordan had played over 1000 where he was hacked and hit nearly every second he stepped on the court. Shouldnt Curry be fresher and more dominant as a guy in his mid 20s just starting out in the league?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH people are so stupid on here it is too funny

I can see comparing Kobe who dominated the league and put up amazing numbers and won five chips to MJ but Curry who has had a few great seasons PLEASE

Like i said the laughs and good times keep coming

What a time!

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2016, 01:48 PM

23 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 TO on 45% FG (18 FGA) and 45% from 3PT

Jordan as an old man in his 15th year in the league with all the young guns trying to embarrass him every game when they faced him put up better numbers than Curry at 25 years old in his 4th year in the league.

The laughs keep coming!

Let Curry win multiple championships and perform consistently for 10 years before people start the comparison vs Jordan.

In this sissy league Jordan would put up 40 in his sleep every game. He probably would shoot so many free throws per game that they would have to make a rule change.

Jordan played against Joe Dumars, Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boy Pistons, Magic Johnson and the Lakers, Ewing and the Knicks under Riley, Shaq and the Magic, Hakeem and the Rockets, Malone/Stockton/Horny and the Jazz under Sloan, Reggie Miller and the Pacers, and Larry Bird and the Celtics.

Jordan dominated a list of the NBA's top players in its history and yet people come here saying his era is weak

Jordan used to get absolutely leveled and destroyed on a nightly basis. Shaq was even on record as saying that only MJ truly understood the beating he took night in and night out.

Weak scrawny players like Curry and Durant wouldnt be able to make it thru an 82 game season let alone survive in the physical nightmare of the playoffs

Look up the highlights of those playoff games Jordan gets hacked so hard that Lebron would be crying for weeks

To add insult to injury to all the haters Jordan won a three peat not once BUT TWICE and won Finals MVP for every championship.

The funniest posts on InsideHoops are those that compare Curry to Jordan. Jordan performed at the highest level nearly every season he had in the NBA. WTF has Curry done before last season, NOTHING.

The GOAT will always be the GOAT and those who try to say otherwise will continue to be embarrassed on a daily basis

Hold this L my niggaas

Meltdown

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 01:48 PM
What's the problem?

Curry was 25 years old in 2012-2013, it was the year before they won the championship, which many are calling the year Curry entered his prime

So comparing a player who played 37 minutes a game after 15 years in the league at 40 years old to a 25 year old player entering his prime?

Like i said the laughs and good times keep coming

What a time!

ReturnofJPR
05-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Curry is a glorified chucker. MJ taught Kobe all of his moves but he was the closest thing to Jordan. Bron to Magic. Curry would be a role player in the 80s and 90s.

NBAGOAT
05-23-2016, 01:51 PM
:oldlol: 20 pts on 19fga is much worse than 23 pts on 18fga. Curry had like a 59ts% to Jordan's 49ts%. This is legit 5 times worse than people comparing Curry this year to MJ.

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:54 PM
:oldlol: 20 pts on 19fga is much worse than 23 pts on 18fga. Curry had like a 59ts% to Jordan's 49ts%. This is legit 5 times worse than people comparing Curry this year to MJ.

Curry was 15 years YOUNGER than Jordan and put up 3 more pts on one less shot

You are comparing TS% for someone in his last season in the League after playing 1000 games to Curry entering his prime after not even playing 200 NBA games total?

:lol

Boogaboog
05-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Jordan's one of the fiercest competitors ever in any sport. I'd only compare Gretzky and prime Nadal (i.e. 2006-2010) to him in that respect.

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Curry is a glorified chucker. MJ taught Kobe all of his moves but he was the closest thing to Jordan. Bron to Magic. Curry would be a role player in the 80s and 90s.

Exactly thank you very much.

He dominates in today's league and what he is doing is great, no one is doubting that at all, including myself.

But when you go back in time and dare to compare Curry to the GOAT, MJ, you are just opening an invitation to get embarrassed

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Jordan's one of the fiercest competitors ever in any sport. I'd only compare Gretzky and prime Nadal (i.e. 2006-2010) to him in that respect.

BUT BUT BUT Curry won ONE more regular season game than MJ!

Idk i think he is as good as Jordan just based on that fact alone!

:oldlol:

Optimus Prime
05-23-2016, 01:57 PM

Anybody who resorts to using "advanced metrics" has already lost.

:kobe:

bigkingsfan
05-23-2016, 01:58 PM

That's really bad news if you're a Kobe fan then...

NBAGOAT
05-23-2016, 01:58 PM

You are comparing TS% for someone in his last season in the League after playing 1000 games to Curry entering his prime after not even playing 200 NBA games total?

I'm not comparing them, you're the one comparing them. Those 2 seasons are beyond incomparable. Again, congratulations you're quickly becoming one of the dumbest people on this forum which is really saying something.

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 01:59 PM

Wow, you changed your tune fast. You went from claiming 40 yo Jordan was better, to making the age excuse pretty quickly despite the age being the point of your OP.

Kiddlovesnets
05-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Jordan would not allow his Bulls to lose in Conference Finals after setting up NBA record of wins in a season, while Curry led his Warriors to an early playoffs exit before NBA finals.
:rolleyes:

ImKobe
05-23-2016, 02:01 PM
MJ would never average 4.7 turnovers for a Finals series being guarded by Matthew Dellavedova :kobe:

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm not comparing them, you're the one comparing them. Those 2 seasons are beyond incomparable. Again, congratulations you're quickly becoming one of the dumbest people on this forum which is really saying something.

Those 2 season are very comparable

People on these forums for months have been saying that Curry is not only better than Jordan but would dominate if he played in the 90s

Yet Curry in his prime at 25 years old is putting up nearly the SAME stats as someone 15 years older than him.

Meanwhile you are bringing up TS% when all you need is cold hard facts

25 years old - about 150 games played

40 years old - OVER 1000 games played leading his team in minutes

Just based on those numbers Curry should have destroyed MJs stats in his final year in the league but nope he barely bests the GOAT in his old age

The only stupid people on this forum are the ones that continuously state that Golden State is better than the Bulls dynasty of the 90s and that Curry is better than Jordan.

Im just pointing out how idiotic those kind of statements truly are

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 02:02 PM
I think that is his goal. You don't have an account for 8 years and suddenly go into full blown troll mode genuinely after long gaps of time. Clearly not his only account.

NBAGOAT
05-23-2016, 02:03 PM

if ts% is too "advanced" for you, you must really be a cretin.

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 02:05 PM
MJ would never average 4.7 turnovers for a Finals series being guarded by Matthew Dellavedova :kobe:

People seem to forget the dump Curry took in the Finals last season

If Kyrie (not even Love) wasnt injured that series goes to 7

But it's ok Curry needs one key starter to be injured every series to get a chip

ImKobe
05-23-2016, 02:07 PM
People seem to forget the dump Curry took in the Finals last season

If Kyrie (not even Love) wasnt injured that series goes to 7

But it's ok Curry needs one key starter to be injured every series to get a chip

He was pretty good after Game 2 but his all-time bad Game 2 put Cleveland in a position to go up 3 - 1 in the series :biggums:

sfballa13
05-23-2016, 02:07 PM
I think that is his goal. You don't have an account for 8 years and suddenly go into full blown troll mode genuinely after long gaps of time. Clearly not his only account.

This is my only account on here and RealGM

I just couldnt take the Golden State / Curry nut hugging any longer

It's pathetic

And on top of everything you have Draymond Green who is the scum bag of all scum bags and all the GS fans are sitting here defending a guy who kicked someone in the balls the GAME after he did it to the same player.

NBA should suspend Draymond at least one game esp after Jones suspension but they wont bc they need to protect Curry their next "fabricated" superstar

Same shit happened in 2006 when David Stern threw a huge free throw party in the NBA Finals for his niggga DWade

HoopSuperstar
05-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Can Curry stop Westbrook? Jordan would've at least once in a while.

BlakFrankWhite
05-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Westbrook is better than Curry ever was

ReturnofJPR
05-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Westbrook is better than Curry ever was

CP who? Derrick who? Westbrook is the best PG of this era, bar none. CP3 is a mental midget and Rose is soft. Get this though, Derrick Rose is entering a contract year so he's about to light it up but he will go back to his disappointing soft self after he signs his next contract. Until then, Westbrook will be shining his new Championship ring unless the refs give King James his royal treatment, like they used to before Curry, in the NBA Finals.

Snarky Narc
05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
This is my only account on here and RealGM

e
I don't believe you.

colts19
05-23-2016, 04:22 PM

The laughs keep coming!

Hold this L my niggaas

while I agree with most of what you said. I would point out that Jordan did not dominate Larry Bird. Bird was 6 and 0 against Jordan in the playoffs. He was also 24 and 16 overall against Jordan. Most of those losses coming after his back injury.

Curry is a great shooter. He is nowhere close to Jordan as a player. At this point in his career I wouldn't put Curry in the top 30 all time. By the time Bird and Jordan had been in the league 4 years they were both considered by many to be the best player ever.

NASH = BEST
05-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Lol, only fools were comparing Curry with Jordan.

For me, Curry most reminds me of Reggie Miller for whatever reason. The difference being Curry happens to be on a better team than whatever Miller ever played on.

And I also have no doubt that you get the same results with the Dubs if you were to replace Curry with a prime Reggie Miller.

MiseryCityTexas
05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
96-97 Vancouver Grizzlies could probably make to the western conference finals in today's shitty league.:oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
05-23-2016, 05:15 PM
while I agree with most of what you said. I would point out that Jordan did not dominate Larry Bird. Bird was 6 and 0 against Jordan in the playoffs. He was also 24 and 16 overall against Jordan. Most of those losses coming after his back injury.

Curry is a great shooter. He is nowhere close to Jordan as a player. At this point in his career I wouldn't put Curry in the top 30 all time. By the time Bird and Jordan had been in the league 4 years they were both considered by many to be the best player ever.

Bird played with much better teams too. Dennis Johnson, Robert Parish, Kevin Mchale, and Robert Parish were all Allstar caliber players along with Larry Bird. Bird also had starter caliber players coming off the bench. (Bill Walton, Scott Wedman). Jordan had Charles Oakley and Orlando Woolridge as second and third options.:oldlol: It's easy as hell for Bird to dominate a team like that.:oldlol: Mchale was a 100 times better player than Charles Oakley, and Bird was much better than Orlando also. Bird had the legendary Robert Parrish in the middle while Jordan had career role playing Dave Corzine starting in the middle. Bird had much better teams than Jordan in the 80s, and Jordan had no help in the 80s.

Dro
05-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Lol, only fools were comparing Curry with Jordan.

For me, Curry most reminds me of Reggie Miller for whatever reason. The difference being Curry happens to be on a better team than whatever Miller ever played on.

And I also have no doubt that you get the same results with the Dubs if you were to replace Curry with a prime Reggie Miller.
I love Reggie but you can't be serious....maybe you replace Klay Thompson with Reggie...

MiseryCityTexas
05-23-2016, 05:25 PM
People wanna brag about how Bird's dynasty teams dominated Jordan when Jordan took a garbage rebuilding Bulls team all the way to the play-offs :oldlol: Bird wouldn't have dominated Jordan so easily in the 80s if the Bulls paired Jordan up with better teammates back then. :oldlol:

guy
05-23-2016, 05:27 PM
He's probably not on Jordan's level. Probably more on Lebron/Kobe's level, two guys who not coincidentally also had glimpses of being on Jordan's level but clearly weren't.

MiseryCityTexas
05-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Bird's whole starting lineup from the early to mid 80s is damned near in the hall of fame, while Jordan's starting lineup was Charles Oakley and a bunch of sorry NBA veterans, career journeymen, and crackheads. Yet people want to use Bird killing Jordan in the 80s as a legit argument......

Optimus Prime
05-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Bird's whole starting lineup from the early to mid 80s is damned near in the hall of fame, while Jordan's starting lineup was Charles Oakley and a bunch of sorry NBA veterans, career journeymen, and crackheads. Yet people want to use Bird killing Jordan in the 80s as a legit argument......

Kids think that Jordan had Pippen and Rodman and Phil his entire career. :oldlol:

85-86 Bulls (the ones where MJ had the legendary 63 point game in the Garden):

PG - Kyle Macy
SG - Michael Jordan (who missed most of the season with an injury)
SF - Orlando Woolridge
PF - Charles Oakley
C - Dave Corzine

Bench - 100 year old George Gervin, 2nd year John Paxson, Gene Banks, Sidney Green...:roll:

Coach - Stan Albeck

GOAT team, obviously on the same level as the 85-86 Celtics and 15-16 Warriors. :bowdown:

guy
05-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Kids think that Jordan had Pippen and Rodman and Phil his entire career. :oldlol:

85-86 Bulls (the ones where MJ had the legendary 63 point game in the Garden):

PG - Kyle Macy
SG - Michael Jordan (who missed most of the season with an injury)
SF - Orlando Woolridge
PF - Charles Oakley
C - Dave Corzine

Bench - 100 year old George Gervin, 2nd year John Paxson, Gene Banks, Sidney Green...:roll:

Coach - Stan Albeck

GOAT team, obviously on the same level as the 85-86 Celtics and 15-16 Warriors. :bowdown:

Its funny that the narrative is that Jordan had to wait till Magic, Bird, Isiah got old, but I think they will even tell you that they were lucky Jordan didn't have a supporting cast early on.

Da_Realist
05-23-2016, 08:58 PM
I have a lot of respect for Larry Bird. He was a cerebral genius and a creative one. He was a joy to watch. We will never ever see another Larry Bird.

colts19
05-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Calm down people. I know Bird had the better team. I just said Jordan didn't dominate Bird, which is what the OP implied in his post. If you make a post saying Jordan just killed everyone he played against but one of the guys you list had a better record, Well then he really didn't kill that guy. I watched a lot of games where Bird clearly outplayed Jordan. Jordan stans just want to forget about those.

Straight_Ballin
05-23-2016, 11:05 PM
In what world is there a Jordan fan that doesn't think very highly of Bird? :oldlol: