PDA

View Full Version : Biyombo fluke run or next Ben Wallace?

Ca$H
05-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Ben Wallace didn't really break out until his 5th year in the NBA when he was given consistent starters minutes. This is Biyombo's 5th year and he was backing up Valanciunas. He started 22 games and averaged 7.2 PPG, 12.2 RPG, and 2.0 BPG as starter. His recent playoff run as starter has been impressive as well. Can Biyombo become the next Ben Wallace or is he a career backup?

Tarik One
05-24-2016, 01:50 PM
He's got better post moves than Ben at this point...and a higher vertical.

kurple
05-24-2016, 01:50 PM
He's got better post moves than Ben at this point...and a higher vertical.
and isnt close to the defender Ben was

feyki
05-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Ben Was close to Russell . Biyombo is close to Mutombo . Gap is huge .

imnew09
05-24-2016, 01:53 PM
anyone go against Lebron becomes FMVP

but yea he should come to the Lakers

Haymaker
05-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Artest wouldn't run away from Biyombo.

Snarky Narc
05-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Neither. Cavs are playing to his strengths, so he is playing well without it being a fluke. However, this won't be generalized to other games that don't play to his strengths, and he won't continue looking like Ben Wallace.

SpaceJam
05-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Ben Wallace in his age 25 season: 5 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.6 bpg.
Bismack Biyombo in his "age 23" season: 5 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.6 bpg.

imdaman99
05-24-2016, 02:01 PM
He's really impressive. Would love to have him on the Knicks even they got RoLo. I'd imagine he doesn't fit in the triangle offense :facepalm

HylianNightmare
05-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Fluke

Ca$H
05-24-2016, 02:03 PM
anyone go against Lebron becomes FMVP

but yea he should come to the Lakers

Lakers should sign Batum and Biyombo.

Russell
Ingram
Batum
Randle
Biyombo

6th man- Clarkson

Tarik One
05-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Good one. I wouldn't be surprised if he's 30 at least.

Haymaker
05-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Lakers should sign Batum and Biyombo.

Russell
Ingram
Batum
Randle
Biyombo

6th man- Clarkson

Great. Hornets 2.0

TemporaMutantur
05-24-2016, 02:12 PM
He plays with great energy, and it pumps up his teammates.

He just needs a little more confidence on the offensive end, and he'll be a great starter for a defense oriented lineup.

kurple
05-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Bis was what, the 9th pick?

Wallace went undrafted. Late bloomer if there ever was one

Tarik One
05-24-2016, 02:15 PM
and isnt close to the defender Ben was
Off course not. If people look beyond the highlight film Biyombo is above average at best and is horrible weak side defender. I don't know why the Cavs don't exploit this more often.

CavaliersFTW
05-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Ben Was close to Russell . Biyombo is close to Mutombo . Gap is huge .
Why do you say that? Aside from protecting the rim and going for rebounds they didn't really play alike, and Ben wasn't even as good at protecting the rim. Ben wasn't touching the ball in the post able to lead opposing centers and even the league (among centers) in assists, nor was he good for his 15+ppg by creating in the post, or running his own fast breaks off of defensive rebounds. Ben Wallace was like a Clifford Ray, not a Bill Russell.

jlip
05-24-2016, 02:33 PM
This is more than likely a 2005 Jerome James-esque type situation.

Smoke117
05-24-2016, 02:38 PM
:facepalm

Foster5k
05-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Fluke.

Remember when Roy Hibbert looked good in that Miami ECF series? Yeah...

So, this fool will come back down to Earth.

HoopologyPhD
05-24-2016, 02:39 PM
This is more than likely a 2005 Jerome James-esque type situation.

It would be funny if Biyombo gets paid and then shows up fat and out of shape next season.

Dresta
05-24-2016, 02:42 PM
You have to remember he went against a Miami frontline of midgets (Miami had no bigs), and a Cleveland frontline that is soft as shit for the most part.

Miami or Toronto with their primary bigs healthy would've both been legitimate threats to the Cavs, because they are so weak on the interior.

warriorfan
05-24-2016, 02:47 PM
You have to remember he went against a Miami frontline of midgets (Miami had no bigs), and a Cleveland frontline that is soft as shit for the most part.

Miami or Toronto with their primary bigs healthy would've both been legitimate threats to the Cavs, because they are so weak on the interior.

TT is an elite rebounder, LeBron is a great rebounder for his position, and Kevin Love is a former rebounding champion

you are wrong about everything, seriously stop posting :roll:

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Yeah, he fluked into playing the same way he has all season.

:oldlol:

He won't be Big Ben, but they have similar styles in bringing energy, rebounding, and shot blocking. It's important for Bismack not to think he's anything more than a player with a high motor and I think he understands that.

Done_And_Done
05-24-2016, 02:49 PM
All I know is that im super effn' cheesed that we probably won't be able to resign him or even come close to it for that matter.

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2016, 02:52 PM
All I know is that im super effn' cheesed that we probably won't be able to resign him or even come close to it for that matter.

Won't be that upset, the Raptors still have Bebe they can develop and he's probably the most skilled center of the group of C's the team has.

Goldrush25
05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
I don't buy it as a "he's arrived" moment. Just a perfect storm for him.

He has a player option for next season that he will obviously decline. Perfect timing for him to ball out.

Done_And_Done
05-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Won't be that upset, the Raptors still have Bebe they can develop and he's probably the most skilled center of the group of C's the team has.

I like Nog a whole lot. I see a ton of potential in the kid. Hope you're right Leggy...

stalkerforlife
05-24-2016, 03:06 PM
I think he's the real deal.

Not necessarily a Wallace level type, but he can be a force for years to come.

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 03:10 PM
He has a motor, he plays with intensity, he's been physical against a team that isn't all that physical inside.

We all remember how Roy Hibbert used to destroy those Miami squads a few years ago and got paid max and turned into trash who wouldn't give you anything on the offensive end and who looked bored on D, it could be a similar situation.

Big Ben was a high IQ player and learned from one of the best minds in basketball in Larry Brown. He wasn't close to as good as he was on that Detroit squad in the mid-2000s.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2016, 03:11 PM
He has a motor, he plays with intensity, he's been physical against a team that isn't all that physical inside.

We all remember how Roy Hibbert used to destroy those Miami squads a few years ago and got paid max and turned into trash who wouldn't give you anything on the offensive end and who looked bored on D, it could be a similar situation.

Big Ben was a high IQ player and learned from one of the best minds in basketball in Larry Brown. He wasn't close to as good as he was on that Detroit squad in the mid-2000s.

Not even a comparison.

Biyombo is a completely different player.

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2016, 03:13 PM
I like Nog a whole lot. I see a ton of potential in the kid. Hope you're right Leggy...

The game he had against Golden State really showed me his potential:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RffZaIgITM

Here's a guy who barely plays and with no JV and Bismack, he plays as the 2nd best player on the floor after Kyle, who was having a duel with Steph and the undefeated Warriors.

It's just a joy watching him when he does play. I just hope he can get his conditioning and increases his strength, so he can finally break out.

EDIT - This is the one game I had my friends over and they absolutely enjoyed every moment of the game.

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Not even a comparison.

Biyombo is a completely different player.

Not comparing them as players bro, just saying how Hibbert broke out against Miami and got paid and turned into trash. Biyombo is in the spotlight and has the chance to get paid in the off-season so he plays hard but we don't know if he's going to be the same player after the money.

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Not comparing them as players bro, just saying how Hibbert broke out against Miami and got paid and turned into trash. Biyombo is in the spotlight and has the chance to get paid in the off-season so he plays hard but we don't know if he's going to be the same player after the money.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2015/09/29/raptors-bismack-biyombo-carved-his-own-path-in-life.html

[QUOTE][B]

miggyme1
05-24-2016, 03:24 PM
ben Wallace???

I don't think people realize how special ben Wallace was......he stopped a prime shaq.

A PRIME SHAQ at 6'8 inches.lol

shaq had to have at least 5 inches on ben Wallace and at least 50 pounds. nah im sorry.....take ben Wallace off that 04 pistons team and they get swept in the finals EASILY.

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2015/09/29/raptors-bismack-biyombo-carved-his-own-path-in-life.html

I'll guarantee where ever he ends up with major money, he will always bring the same energy.

I hope so. I love his energy and how he impacts the game with just being physical, every team needs a guy that has that type of energy.

He doesn't seem like a lame that Hibbert is but we'll see. Too early to compare him to Wallace. I'd love to see how he'd progress under a coach like Thibs, though he seems like a perfect fit for Toronto if they didn't have Jonas.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2016, 03:27 PM
ben Wallace???

I don't think people realize how special ben Wallace was......he stopped a prime shaq.

shaq had to have at least 5 inches on ben Wallace and at least 50 pounds. nah im sorry.....take ben Wallace off that 04 pistons team and they get swept in the finals EASILY.

Wallace never stopped Shaq and could never stop Shaq.

Snarky Narc
05-24-2016, 03:30 PM
ben Wallace???

Shaq stated that smaller defenders were generally harder for him because they could use leverage down low.

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Shaq stated that smaller defenders were generally harder for him because they could use leverage down low.

But Wallace didn't stop Shaq at all in 2004. The team played Shaq straight up and he dominated.

feyki
05-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Why do you say that? Aside from protecting the rim and going for rebounds they didn't really play alike, and Ben wasn't even as good at protecting the rim. Ben wasn't touching the ball in the post able to lead opposing centers and even the league (among centers) in assists, nor was he good for his 15+ppg by creating in the post, or running his own fast breaks off of defensive rebounds. Ben Wallace was like a Clifford Ray, not a Bill Russell.

Clifford Ray :no: , Nate Thurmond at least .

I was talking about defensively . Of course , Russell had great playmaking . Just that take him above Ben offensively by far .

Rebounds margin not a big deal . 1-1.5 possesions , appromatixely .

bluechox2
05-24-2016, 03:58 PM
could be the next jerome james as well

miggyme1
05-24-2016, 04:08 PM
But Wallace didn't stop Shaq at all in 2004. The team played Shaq straight up and he dominated.

dominated???? can you please pull up his stats from those finals??? PLEASE......I clearly remember him stinking up the joint a few games in that series.

chocolatethunder
05-24-2016, 04:18 PM
dominated???? can you please pull up his stats from those finals??? PLEASE......I clearly remember him stinking up the joint a few games in that series.
26 and 10.8 for the series and shot 63% from the field. Kobe on the other hand shot only 38%. So yes, Shaq dominated and Kobe did not. Kobe was shooting way too much and not giving up the rock. Shaq was a center and needed to be fed the rock. Kobe was off playing hero ball.

miggyme1
05-24-2016, 04:21 PM
game 1- 34 points

game 2- 29 points

game 3- 14 points

game 4- 36 points

game 5- 20 points

3 good games...I wouldn't say dominated but ok

sfballa13
05-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Doesnt matter who dominated and who didnt dominate

The Pistons beat a Lakers team headed by Phil Jackson starring Kobe and Shaq in their primes with a decent supporting cast of Karl Malone and Gary Payton chasing rings

Final score - 4 to 1