PDA

View Full Version : Is this trade possible?

Bajanmale
05-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Is this possible? Lakers trade No.2 pick to 76ers, D.Russell & future 1st to Pacers, Lakers get Okafor from 76ers & P.George from Pacers.
76ers get No.1 and No.2 pick and send future 1st to Pacers

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 02:15 PM
I like the trade with the Pacers but I wouldn't trade this year's pick for Okafor.

Klay 3D
05-24-2016, 02:20 PM
This is hard as hell to take in because of the presentation.

So...

Lakers trade: Russell, #2, Future 1st
Lakers get: Okafor + PG13

Pacers trade: PG13
Pacers get: Russell, Lakers Future 1st, 76ers Future 1st

76ers trade: Okafor + Future 1st
76ers get: #2 pick (Brandon Ingram)

Pacers will be in total rebuild. 76ers get an exciting core even if Embiid doesn't stay healthy. Lakers compete for the playoffs. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Snarky Narc
05-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Russell and a future first won't net the Lakers PG.

ImKobe
05-24-2016, 02:32 PM

So...

Pacers will be in total rebuild. 76ers get an exciting core even if Embiid doesn't stay healthy. Lakers compete for the playoffs. Not bad. Not bad at all.

But it doesn't make sense for Philly to trade a player we at least know will be a 20 ppg scorer PLUS a first round pick for Ingram or Simmons, I don't see them doing that, I could MAYBE see them unloading Embiid because his health is not coming along and they just want him out, so the Pacers would be fine taking Russell, a Lakers future 1st and Embiid for George.

Klay 3D
05-24-2016, 03:40 PM
But it doesn't make sense for Philly to trade a player we at least know will be a 20 ppg scorer PLUS a first round pick for Ingram or Simmons, I don't see them doing that, I could MAYBE see them unloading Embiid because his health is not coming along and they just want him out, so the Pacers would be fine taking Russell, a Lakers future 1st and Embiid for George.
You would rather keep the 2017 first round pick instead of Embiid? Embiid could become a dominant force on both ends. I've never seen a big man that powerful and can move that fluidly since Shaq. The 76ers has got to hold on to him.

The pairing of Simmons and Ingram can potentially be lethal. Lebron-lite and Durant-lite on the same team? I'm a fan.

Bajanmale
05-24-2016, 07:42 PM

So...

Thanks bro, love how you laid it out!

Don't like the fact that 76ers would have to trade a future first but it will take a lot for Pacers to trade away Paul George. I think it's mostly a fair trade for all teams involved.

kamil
05-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Any offer the Lakers make should automatically be rejected by every team. Let them stay losing for life. 16 championships not enough?

Dr Seuss
05-24-2016, 07:46 PM
sounds pretty dumb

so pacers trade PG for russell (ok, decent start), sixers futures first (eh, not bad. they should suck for a while) and lakers future first (earliest would be 2018) when they should already be competing at the time, given they have PG and 40 million in cap?

yeah dumb move pacers. also, this narrative that lakers wants okafor has to stop (especially given their new coach)

JimmyMcAdocious
05-24-2016, 07:50 PM
I don't think the Pacers would do that. And I like Russell. A lot, actually.

Also feels like the sixers are overpaying a bit which is completely against how they have built their team. Although it makes some sense if they are confident Embiid can actually play and stay healthy. Not sure Okafor can net you a proven good young wing, with how rare they seem to be lately. Assuming the Sixers like Ingram (or Simmons) that much.

Lakers trade rape in typical Lakers fashion. If they wanted Okafor so much they should have just drafted him.

Also how do contracts even work? PG probably makes more than everyone in the trade combined. I forget what rookie salaries look like, but I know it's not much in their first couple years.

PacerRaptor
05-24-2016, 09:28 PM
If Pacers are trading PG to Lakers then they'll be demanding the 1st, Russell and probably Randle. Knowing Bird he'll probably ask the Lakers to take Ellis also.

But for the Pacers, a future of Turner, Russell, Randle and Simmons/Ingram....wow....wont happen though

Lebronxrings
05-24-2016, 09:29 PM
no lakers won't be relevant till 2030.

/thread