PDA

View Full Version : Is Stephen Curry the most overrated player ever ?

Clutch
05-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Guy is nowhere to be seen in the series. Disappearing worse than LeBron in the NBA Finals.

Just take away the MVP award from Curry and hand it to Westbrook :bowdown:

90sgoat
05-24-2016, 11:47 PM
I don't know.

This guy is the unanimous MVP. Won 73 games in a league with Lebron.

What does that make Lebron?

Both are horribly overrated.

Done_And_Done
05-24-2016, 11:49 PM
Something is obviously off with him. Injuries perhaps... This isn't the same guy that willed his team to a record setting season. This isn't the same guy from last post season for that matter...

NattyPButter
05-24-2016, 11:50 PM
When 3's are not going in he's useless. So all he does is shoot 3's.

elementally morale
05-24-2016, 11:53 PM
It's called media hype. Started a long time ago but intensified when Nash won his MVPs. When you have a hero all the time and the next hero has to be better than the previous one... you tend to overrate players. LeBron's media hype was huge but Curry's is on another level.

Straight_Ballin
05-24-2016, 11:57 PM
The Curry hype was a rich mans version of Linsanity. Anyone who thought this guy would be MJ has parents that failed them. :lol

Clutch
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM
This pretty much sums it up. I don't like LeBron but he does it all out on the floor, and even if his shot isn't falling he'll at least play good defense and get a bunch of assists and rebounds.

Steph is a one trick pony. If his 3's aren't falling he's pretty much useless.
Elite shooter, probably the best shooter ever, but not even close to a Top20 player of all time. Maybe Top50 when it's all said and done.

ImKobe
05-25-2016, 12:02 AM
The Curry hype was a rich mans version of Linsanity. Anyone who thought this guy would be MJ has parents that failed them. :lol

Anyone with BBIQ knew that the one trick pony would get exposed for who he is

CavaliersFTW
05-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Something is obviously off with him. Injuries perhaps... This isn't the same guy that willed his team to a record setting season. This isn't the same guy from last post season for that matter...
It's called choking. As the lights get brighter, his performances get dimmer.

Iguodala is last years FMVP. A guy named Mathew Dellavedova outplayed him last NBA Finals.

Cold soul
05-25-2016, 12:22 AM
This pretty much sums it up. I don't like LeBron but he does it all out on the floor, and even if his shot isn't falling he'll at least play good defense and get a bunch of assists and rebounds.

Steph is a one trick pony. If his 3's aren't falling he's pretty much useless.
Elite shooter, probably the best shooter ever, but not even close to a Top20 player of all time. Maybe Top50 when it's all said and done.

I agree with some of this Curry is great but I still think he end up in top 30-40 range when it's all said and done you don't win 2 MVP by luck.

FKAri
05-25-2016, 01:19 AM
Jeremy Lin 2.0. Expect Lin showed heart in the playoffs.

LAZERUSS
05-25-2016, 01:20 AM
Been the Warriors third best player all season long.

And, as we have seen in this post-season...easily replaceable.

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 01:25 AM
Most all time greats have some physical advantage (whether size, strength, athleticism, etc) and can impose their will on the game when they decide to turn it on. Curry has no such advantage. He has to out think and outskill guys and with his slight frame, small size and the added physicality allowed in the playoffs, he can be slowed down like right now.

Dude is still special but his game is made for the no contact, free flowing game.

WolfGang
05-25-2016, 01:26 AM
Something is wrong with Curry. It's name is Russell Westbrook. He is scared of Russ. Playing against Goatbrook back to back takes a toll on the body and soul.

imnew09
05-25-2016, 01:26 AM
Curry Regular Season is one of the all time great. You cant take that away from him because of the last 2 games

nashwade
05-25-2016, 01:32 AM

exactly this...

put Nash on this GSW and they beat OKC easily

Kiddlovesnets
05-25-2016, 01:34 AM
Well hes just another Derrick Rose, a MVP winner whose peak was short and fun while lasted.

Young X
05-25-2016, 01:42 AM
His handles are wild overrated. I remember when idiots were comparing him to Iverson. I seen him struggling to get past Steven Adams. He does that same behind the back over and over, rarely do you see him break down his man with a crossover from a standstill position and get to the basket.

He's a good but not great passer. Perfect example why you can't just look at flash when evaluating passing ability. Half those passes end up out of bounds but you don't see that in highlights though.

Unlike the other great perimeter players he doesn't impact the game at a high level when his shot isn't falling. He looked like a role player out there tonight. If you're the best player in the league I should not forget that you're on the floor. Especially in a playoff game.

I don't like the way he plays and I never have. I've never been a fan of long distance bombing/chucking (even though it's fun to watch sometimes when they go in), I'm not a fan of shoot first PG's, I don't like how he gets to hide on defense, I don't like how "loose" he plays and I don't like those cocky dances he does after he makes shots.

With that being said he's still a FANTASTIC player no matter what the outcome of the series is. It's just that people need to slow down with their ranking of him. It's disrespectful to the past greats.

OldSchoolBBall
05-25-2016, 01:50 AM
His handles are wild overrated. I remember when idiots were comparing him to Iverson. I seen him struggling to get past Steven Adams. He does that same behind the back over and over, rarely do you see him break down his man with a crossover from a standstill position and get to the basket.

He's a good but not great passer. Perfect example why you can't just look at flash when evaluating passing ability. Half those passes end up out of bounds but you don't see that in highlights though.

Unlike the other great perimeter players he doesn't impact the game at a high level when his shot isn't falling. He looked like a role player out there tonight. If you're the best player in the league I should not forget that you're on the floor. Especially in a playoff game.

I don't like the way he plays and I never have. I've never been a fan of long distance bombing/chucking (even though it's fun to watch sometimes when they go in), I'm not a fan of shoot first PG's, I don't like how he gets to hide on defense, I don't like how "loose" he plays and I don't like those cocky dances he does after he makes shots.

With that being said he's still a FANTASTIC player no matter what the outcome of the series is. It's just that people need to slow down with their ranking of him. It's disrespectful to the past greats.

This. Also funny how easy it looks to contain him when they actually allow some physicality. Goes to show you that all the people saying he would in no way average 40 if he played in the 80's/90's weren't crazy. There was one possession in particular where Westbrook was defending him in game 2 I think on the wing above the 3-point line, and just being physical with active hands and pestering Curry, and Curry was visibly flustered and couldn't do anything. Yet these cats act like he's gonna have his way against real tenacious defenders like MJ/Pippen in a hypothetical matchup. :roll:

Prime_Shaq
05-25-2016, 01:56 AM

Great post. I still think he is the GOAT shooter though.

Young X
05-25-2016, 01:59 AM
This. Also funny how easy it looks to contain him when they actually allow some physicality. Goes to show you that all the people saying he would in no way average 40 if he played in the 80's/90's weren't crazy. There was one possession in particular where Westbrook was defending him in game 2 I think on the wing above the 3-point line, and just being physical with active hands and pestering Curry, and Curry was visibly flustered and couldn't do anything. Yet these cats act like he's gonna have his way against real tenacious defenders like MJ/Pippen in a hypothetical matchup. :roll:Right. Curry would still be great I don't think anybody would seriously debate that but he would definitely have it tougher in a more physical era. He clearly doesn't respond very well to physicality. Throughout the regular season it seemed like teams would just let him do whatever he wanted at times. I don't know how many times I seen him waltz to the rim with nobody even bothering to conteset him. OKC has made that adjustment and it's bothering him.

LAZERUSS
05-25-2016, 02:00 AM
Great post. I still think he is the GOAT shooter though.

Without question. And he has great handles, too. But his size and lack of athleticism are really showing up in the post-season.

And then there is his defense...or lack thereof. The Warriors are basically playing 4-on-5 at the defensive end when Glass is in the game.

Curry has to be a 30 ppg scorer on a 650 TS% to be a plus factor.

9erempiree
05-25-2016, 02:16 AM

Holy cow!

I haven't been on this forum regularly but are people really comparing him to past greats. :lol

Not saying he can't be one since all players can be one but it's way too early. I don't think he is going to get there.

SpaceJam
05-25-2016, 02:21 AM
Dray Green is much more overrated

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 02:29 AM
Of course most in here go overboard with their bashing. Curry is having to play mostly against set defenses in half court sets in this series. That's not his game. Him along with GSW thrive in trans or semi-trans. Against almosy any other team, GS has the talent and personnel to dictate the tempo. But with KD/WB controlling the scoring and OKC's bigs controlling the inside, GS hasn't been able to dictate tempo and that has completely affected their offense.

We saw this last year too. Cleveland punishing GS on the inside after the first 3 finals games. Difference between this year and last year is the world is better prepared for their small ball line up.

The old school cats have been saying all along that while Curry is great, he has weaknesses. And we have seen those weaknesses exposed in this series. We weren't hating, we were just telling the truth from experience.

sportjames23
05-25-2016, 02:31 AM
Of course most in here go overboard with their bashing. Curry is having to play mostly against set defenses in half court sets in this series. That's not his game. Him along with GSW thrive in trans or semi-trans. Against almosy any other team, GS has the talent and personnel to dictate the tempo. But with KD/WB controlling the scoring and OKC's bigs controlling the inside, GS hasn't been able to dictate tempo and that has completely affected their offense.

We saw this last year too. Cleveland punishing GS on the inside. Difference between this year and last year is the world is better prepared for their small ball line up.

The old school cats have been saying all along that while Curry is great, he has weaknesses. And we have seen those weaknesses exposed in this series. We weren't hating, we were just telling the truth from experience.

Can't tell these youngbloods shit, bruh. They think any kinda criticism is hate.

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 02:42 AM
Can't tell these youngbloods shit, bruh. They think any kinda criticism is hate.

At least some of the youngsters learned something from this series in that toughness, physicality and size/length still matter in bball. Bball is so much more than a 3 point shooting contest.

SexSymbol
05-25-2016, 02:44 AM
Curry is the greatest shooter and a great overall player, can pass, rebound, defend and score in many different ways often at will.
Sure, he's not MJ or Kobe offensively, but he's better than someone like LeBron or Wilt in that regard.
He's definitely not the reason they're behind right now.

SexSymbol
05-25-2016, 02:46 AM
Right. Curry would still be great I don't think anybody would seriously debate that but he would definitely have it tougher in a more physical era. He clearly doesn't respond very well to physicality. Throughout the regular season it seemed like teams would just let him do whatever he wanted at times. I don't know how many times I seen him waltz to the rim with nobody even bothering to conteset him. OKC has made that adjustment and it's bothering him.
That's because of the incredible handles and that great speed of his.
I think the injury has something to do with his reduced overall speed this post season, he's clearly not as fast as in regular season.

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 02:49 AM
Curry is the greatest shooter and a great overall player, can pass, rebound, defend and score in many different ways often at will.
Sure, he's not MJ or Kobe offensively, but he's better than someone like LeBron or Wilt in that regard.

:biggums: He's their best player, the league MVP and "the man". He has to show up for them to win. That's the burden he carries for being what he is.

SexSymbol
05-25-2016, 02:54 AM
:biggums: He's their best player, the league MVP and "the man". He has to show up for them to win. That's the burden he carries for being what he is.
Well I think we're all looking at this team superficially tbh.
I mean they shot themselves in the foot chasing those 73 wins for practically no reason. Now they're gonna get called chokers and so on without really deserving it. They look burned out, Steph is clearly if not injured, then fearful for his knee and doesn't do as quick of movements as he was doing.
But make no mistake about this, losing this series doesn't negate what Curry is, and he's a great overall player.
You don't average something like 30-5-5 by just being a shooter, it just doesnt happen that way

warriorfan
05-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Curry is no where near 100%

LootOP
05-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Jeremy Lin still happened, right?

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Well I think we're all looking at this team superficially tbh.
I mean they shot themselves in the foot chasing those 73 wins for practically no reason. Now they're gonna get called chokers and so on without really deserving it. They look burned out, Steph is clearly if not injured, then fearful for his knee and doesn't do as quick of movements as he was doing.
But make no mistake about this, losing this series doesn't negate what Curry is, and he's a great overall player.
You don't average something like 30-5-5 by just being a shooter, it just doesnt happen that way

No doubt he is truly special but he needs certain conditions to exist to excel. And I do agree that he doesn't look as quick and crisp as before. I don't know if it's injuries or mental. I think it's a bit of both.

SexSymbol
05-25-2016, 03:05 AM
No doubt he is truly special but he needs certain conditions to exist to excel. And I do agree that he doesn't look as quick and crisp as before. I don't know if it's injuries or mental. I think it's a bit of both.
It could also be mental too, they're also a victim of their own youthful stupidness. They're always way too cocky and not concerned with a few losses.
I think this series loss will bring a brand new Warriors team next year in terms of mentality

warriorfan
05-25-2016, 03:06 AM

If curry had a history of not competing or quitting then you might be able to speculate but that has never happened before, and the fact that he is less than a month returned from an MCL "sprain" or tear or whatever you want to call it, it seems a lot more likely that injury is the reason.

tbh if someone can't recognize Curry is still injured right now, they havn't been watching golden state this year or last, the difference is night and day

Aiolos
05-25-2016, 03:06 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Curry 0-1 in FMVP's

ClipperRevival
05-25-2016, 03:13 AM
If curry had a history of not competing or quitting then you might be able to speculate but that has never happened before, and the fact that he is less than a month returned from an MCL "sprain" or tear or whatever you want to call it, it seems a lot more likely that injury is the reason.

tbh if someone can't recognize Curry is still injured right now, they havn't been watching golden state this year or last, the difference is night and day

Yeah but I am looking at his body language and it doesn't look good. The mind controls the body and if you are half stepping out there, you can look slower. But I am not discounting some nagging stuff affecting his quickness also. I'm not seeing those crisp, quick moves like before.

But some of it is physicality. A lot of it is him having to face set defenses with a set defense ready for him. As a GS fan, you know they are most lethal in trans or semi-trans and not against a set D. GS likes the D to be a little scrambled. That's when they find those wide open shooters.

plowking
05-25-2016, 03:26 AM
This forum is garbage. Absolute trash. So is the sports fan community in general.

Idiots like OP judge a player off of two games, especially a guy coming back from injury, who clearly hasn't been the same. People come home from work tired, at an office job, this guy busts his ass physically, and then has all the stress to deal with in regards to millions watching him. On top of that, his physical performance can be impacted by a variety of different thing in regards to injuries, stress, fatigue, etc.

Some of you expect these guys to be on point all the time. No one was. Ever. They all failed in big moments. Every single one. The ones that failed less than others were the victors of fortune and circumstance on a lot of occasion. Less than 1% separates guys like Bron, Curry, Durant and Westbrook, and people act like it is a tragedy if they lose to one another.

Sports fans so caught up in narrative, rather than reality.

sportjames23
05-25-2016, 03:29 AM
This forum is garbage. Absolute trash. So is the sports fan community in general.

Idiots like OP judge a player off of two games, especially a guy coming back from injury, who clearly hasn't been the same. People come home from work tired, at an office job, this guy busts his ass physically, and then has all the stress to deal with in regards to millions watching him. On top of that, his physical performance can be impacted by a variety of different thing in regards to injuries, stress, fatigue, etc.

Some of you expect these guys to be on point all the time. No one was. Ever. They all failed in big moments. Every single one. The ones that failed less than others were the victors of fortune and circumstance on a lot of occasion. Less than 1% separates guys like Bron, Curry, Durant and Westbrook, and people act like it is a tragedy if they lose to one another.

Someone get this hothead outta here!

warriorfan
05-25-2016, 03:32 AM
Yeah but I am looking at his body language and it doesn't look good. The mind controls the body and if you are half stepping out there, you can look slower. But I am not discounting some nagging stuff affecting his quickness also. I'm not seeing those crisp, quick moves like before.

But some of it is physicality. A lot of it is him having to face set defenses with a set defense ready for him. As a GS fan, you know they are most lethal in trans or semi-trans and not against a set D. GS likes the D to be a little scrambled. That's when they find those wide open shooters.

His body language is off but it's probably due to frustration. He stepped on a sweaty spot and now he is unable to impose his will on the competition like he has done all year. It's a shitty situation.

I agree Golden State has looked off strategically as well, they havn't been able to get out and run in transition like they usually do like you mentioned and that doesn't have too much to do with Curry's knee. Although they would have more energy if Curry was his normal self and he would be able to take over when the offense gets stagnant. The team heavily feeds off the electricity Curry brings. When Curry is feeling it the rest of the team more often than not follows. Curry hasn't been really able to get into that zone however, and that is where coming back less than a month from the MCL sprain or tear or whtaever really plays a factor.

plowking
05-25-2016, 03:40 AM
Someone get this hothead outta here!

Hold onto MJ being the best ever bro! You stay winning! His accomplishments are yours! You keep pwning these newbies on here man!

:oldlol:

IllegalD
05-25-2016, 03:41 AM
His body language is off but it's probably due to frustration. He stepped on a sweaty spot and now he is unable to impose his will on the competition like he has done all year. It's a shitty situation.

I agree Golden State has looked off strategically as well, they havn't been able to get out and run in transition like they usually do like you mentioned and that doesn't have too much to do with Curry's knee. Although they would have more energy if Curry was his normal self and he would be able to take over when the offense gets stagnant. The team heavily feeds off the electricity Curry brings. When Curry is feeling it the rest of the team more often than not follows. Curry hasn't been really able to get into that zone however, and that is where coming back less than a month from the MCL sprain or tear or whtaever really plays a factor.

Oh really?

Funny you weren't saying this sh*t when you were drinking a gallon of Curry's manjuice and pumping your chest after he dropped a "historic" 17 in OT (this was AFTER this supposed "injury"). Now that he's getting held in check because the Warriors are facing the only legit competition they've faced in 2 straight playoffs you come with the injury card. B*tch, please. :roll:

I love how you not so subtly keep trying to call his injury a tear to make him look like some kind of Superman.

:yaohappy:

dabigbaws
05-25-2016, 03:42 AM

no the difference is the regular season and playoffs.

we saw this curry in last years playoffs. same thing this year.

he wasn't injured against the shit trailblazers was he? westTHICK is going IN

OldSchoolBBall
05-25-2016, 03:45 AM
lol @ these clowns acting like Curry is injured. :oldlol: No, he is just facing halfcourt defense focused on him and extra physicality allowed in the playoffs. Welcome to reality.

scuzzy
05-25-2016, 03:48 AM
[Gold-Onwude] Steve Kerr: "Steph Curry is not injured. He just had a lousy night. It happens"

warriorfan
05-25-2016, 03:54 AM
Oh really?

Funny you weren't saying this sh*t when you were drinking a gallon of Curry's manjuice and pumping your chest after he dropped a "historic" 17 in OT (this was AFTER this supposed "injury"). Now that he's getting held in check because the Warriors are facing the only legit competition they've faced in 2 straight playoffs you come with the injury card. B*tch, please. :roll:

I love how you not so subtly keep trying to call his injury a tear to make him look like some kind of Superman.

:yaohappy:

woah

chill

MCL sprain, tear, the words are synonymous, a sprain literally is a tear, you are getting caught up in the semantics

facts are curry had a freak injury in this year's playoffs, he stepped on a spot of sweat and injured his knee pretty badly

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/kbn3eb5kjiqbjgcjbvvw.gif

That happened less than a month ago...if you are going to tell me with a straight face that Curry is 100% and able to explode off that knee then yea...that is straight bull

Last year was the same, Curry has gotten very unlucky when it comes to Injuries the last two post seasons. It happens sometimes.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-26-2015/jYRX7s.gif

This play happened a week before the Finals. Curry was showing concussion symptoms while walking to the locker room. The Doctors pulled an old school NFL and gave him the pass through the concussion protocols

as you can see both of these injuries were freak accidents. it's not like he went for a routine cut and his knee just gave way, he stepped on a wet spot and then he had ariza undercut him. he was able to walk away with a ring after one of them and he still has a chance to get a 2nd. could of been way worse

IllegalD
05-25-2016, 03:57 AM
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/10/09/oscar_343x500.jpg

http://speakerdata.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/image/807976/Oscar-Robertson-headshot.jpg

ILLsmak
05-25-2016, 04:52 AM

They also are guarding him better. He's finally facing a defense that is trying to force him to adapt. Wars can still win but they are looking lost now. Curry is getting locked down. He's alil off too, but this d... it's like when dallas zoned up bron or sas single covered, this is the best way to d curry, I think, but he can still play thru it. He's too good to stop so they are giving up drives and passes. Hes failing in paint and making terrible passes.

-Smak

TOUCH MY BODY
05-25-2016, 05:06 AM
Mad pawntation la.

G0ATbe
05-25-2016, 05:10 AM
He's up there but LeBald takes the cake.

plowking
05-25-2016, 07:05 AM
lol @ these clowns acting like Curry is injured. :oldlol: No, he is just facing halfcourt defense focused on him and extra physicality allowed in the playoffs. Welcome to reality.

Bullshit. It suits your narrative, so you'll push this shit until the day you die, but the fact of the matter is, it isn't the case. The dude missed two open layups today. Just the typical Curry we're used to seeing, right? :oldlol:

No one gives a shit about Jordan anymore. He retired. Catch up to the rest of the world.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-25-2016, 07:08 AM
Bullshit. It suits your narrative, so you'll push this shit until the day you die, but the fact of the matter is, it isn't the case. The dude missed two open layups today. Just the typical Curry we're used to seeing, right? :oldlol:

No one gives a shit about Jordan anymore. He retired. Catch up to the rest of the world.

yes it is. youre too blind to see it b/c ur ball IQ isnt too high.

Cleveland if Kyrie didnt get injured and missed OT (he was outplaying Steph BTW) wouldve gone up 3-0 on GS. this is the only good defense steph has seen since in the playoffs

MJ shts on Steph at everything besides 3pt shooting

plowking
05-25-2016, 07:58 AM
yes it is. youre too blind to see it b/c ur ball IQ isnt too high.

Cleveland if Kyrie didnt get injured and missed OT (he was outplaying Steph BTW) wouldve gone up 3-0 on GS. this is the only good defense steph has seen since in the playoffs

MJ shts on Steph at everything besides 3pt shooting

No, you're a f*ckstick who knows jackshit about basketball. You're the idiot that had Draymond Green in his top 5 players in the league. :oldlol:

I couldn't give two shits about MJ vs Steph comparison. Physicality has nothing to do with it. He missed two point blank layups. He clearly isn't himself.

aarondk88
05-25-2016, 08:04 AM
dudes sayin he came back from injury as if he didn't look fresh those last 2 games in the series against Portland. jus 2 weeks ago half of you were proclaiming his greatness and that the warriors were well on their way to the finals with steph being the fnals mvp. fast forward a few games and curry is struggling heavy and the reason is because "he's coming back from injury"?? so why didn't he look like this against Portland?? jus wondering. lmaooo smh

kshutts1
05-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Curry is not 100% healthy right now. That's one obvious reason for his poor play. I said it in another thread, but I badly sprained my ankle two weeks before Steph got hurt and I'm still not fully healthy. Granted, I don't have access to world class training, and I didn't have the ability to rest it (gotta pay the bills), but the fact that it's still lingering, and it's two weeks older than Steph's injury, tells me that his is lingering, too.

The other part of it is OKC.. I can't and won't take anything away from them. They are killin' it. Love how physical they are being. Love how alpha KD and especially WB are being. And I love that Ibaka and especially Adams are playing great basketball.

Make no mistake, OKC is currently winning this series. The Warriors/Curry are not losing it. But I won't act like Curry's being hurt is not helping the Thunder, either.

Jacks3
05-25-2016, 08:44 AM

Great post.

hold this L
05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
They also are guarding him better. He's finally facing a defense that is trying to force him to adapt. Wars can still win but they are looking lost now. Curry is getting locked down. He's alil off too, but this d... it's like when dallas zoned up bron or sas single covered, this is the best way to d curry, I think, but he can still play thru it. He's too good to stop so they are giving up drives and passes. Hes failing in paint and making terrible passes.

-Smak
Cmon man. Adams blocked his shot twice so far in the series. Twice. Guess how many times his shot has been blocked in almost 900 attempts this year? Once by Green of the Spurs. Is Adams really a fast player on his feet, his movement? For a big yes, but he's clowned the fastest players in the league scoring right in front of them.

Before people jump on my throat, OKC if they win are better period. Injuries are no excuses, I'm just addressing that his injury does affect him. At the end if they win, I will congratulate Durant, Westbrook, Adams & Donovan in particular for having an incredible series. :applause:

Dresta
05-25-2016, 09:09 AM
How can people act like not showing up in the biggest games of the season, after being proclaimed one of the best ever, isn't a big deal?

Of course it is. Whether it's fair or not, these are the most important moments of a player's career, and the ones that end up defining it. Being the reigning MVP and not showing up at all, while getting trounced by an inferior team, is plain embarrassing, no matter what kind of spin you try to put on it (i'm looking at you plowking). And no, no other all-time great had such a meltdown after setting the regular season record. How many 70+ win teams have been brushed aside like this? None.

plowking
05-25-2016, 12:03 PM
How can people act like not showing up in the biggest games of the season, after being proclaimed one of the best ever, isn't a big deal?

Of course it is. Whether it's fair or not, these are the most important moments of a player's career, and the ones that end up defining it. Being the reigning MVP and not showing up at all, while getting trounced by an inferior team, is plain embarrassing, no matter what kind of spin you try to put on it (i'm looking at you plowking). And no, no other all-time great had such a meltdown after setting the regular season record. How many 70+ win teams have been brushed aside like this? None.

Inferior team? Based on what?

All I'm seeing here is people saying "media hype", and how the Thunder are actually the better team by the ISH experts. Conveniently this is the talk after it is 3-1 now. :oldlol:
Go look at my posts from 3 months back on who I thought was the most talented team in the league. I'll give you a hint... It was the Thunder.

The Thunder aren't a clearly inferior team to anyone, ever. Put them on the floor with anyone in NBA history, and you don't look at the two teams, and say the Thunder are outmatched. There have been what, 15 players ever as good as KD? If that...
How about Russ... Like I said in another thread, how many PGs have put up 24 and 10? In fact, how many have put up 24/8/10? I'm guessing Magic is the only one, and I'm not sure if he reached 24ppg.

Go through both teams roster spot for roster spot and tell me how inferior the Thunder are. The Thunder are just finally hitting their groove and doing what we all expected them to start doing 3 years earlier.

Curry is the best player in the league though, based on everything we've seen this season. Say what you want, consistency is key, and he has been a standout this season. It hasn't been close. Yes, he isn't performing on the big stage at the moment... Sports fans are fickle though... If Curry put up 20/6/6 and they won these games, there might be a throwaway comment here or there, but they would have won, so who cares. But people act like it is the end of the world when one of the best players has a bunch of off games at the wrong time. It happens, and no one is immune to it. There is too large a sample size in basketball for things like this to not happen.

Goldrush25
05-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Curry is the best player in the league though, based on everything we've seen this season.

He's the best offensive player in the league, and is on a team that has been able to masterfully mask his deficiencies. Kerr had the world thinking that he was actually a good defender.

When OKC is playing 5 on 5 instead of 2 on 5, they just have too much talent to account for, and Steph is forced to fend for himself on D now. There is no reality in which Curry can guard RW.

That's been an underutilized strategy vs GSW, don't let Steph hide on D.

CavaliersFTW
05-28-2016, 09:36 PM
Steph Curry's incredible 2016 accolades:

*73-9

*400+ 3pt fgm

*First ever unanimous MVP

*Biggest egg ever laid

ace23
05-28-2016, 09:41 PM
No he's having one of the best NBA seasons of all-time statistically.

Smoke117
05-28-2016, 09:42 PM
No, Allen Iverson is.

Cold soul
05-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Curry is one of most overrated but not #1 plenty of other players above him.

tontoz
05-29-2016, 07:40 AM
Guy is nowhere to be seen in the series. Disappearing worse than LeBron in the NBA Finals.

Just take away the MVP award from Curry and hand it to Westbrick :bowdown:

:roll:

Great call OP. BTW Curry is averaging 26.5 ppg with a TS of 59% in the series. Your definition of disappearing is obviously different from the one in the dictionary.

theaussieguy
05-29-2016, 07:47 AM
He's the best offensive player in the league, and is on a team that has been able to masterfully mask his deficiencies. Kerr had the world thinking that he was actually a good defender.

When OKC is playing 5 on 5 instead of 2 on 5, they just have too much talent to account for, and Steph is forced to fend for himself on D now. There is no reality in which Curry can guard RW.

That's been an underutilized strategy vs GSW, don't let Steph hide on D.

finally an actual rational post on Curry, theres no secret im a huge fanboy, but I can admit his deficiencies. Sure he is not a great defender by any means, but its not like he is totally useless either. The amount of steals and interceptions he gets every game is actually pretty insane for someone considered a 'terrible defender'. Just look at the steals stats I am sure he was top 5 this season.

The problem with so many people is they are still suffering from the Jordan/Kobe mindset. Ever since these bigger than life players they have gotten it into their thickheads that as a basketball player you should do EVERYTHING, and that titles should be won through the talents of a single player alone. In these post jordan/kobe days, the average fan is like HURR DURR superman to da rescue.

In reality basketball is about using what you have on your squad to cater to the needs of the offense and defense. It just so happens that Curry has the asset that makes him more valuable than any other player on offense and his deficiencies can easily be covered. His shooting and playmaking are both top notch (lol @ the notion curry is just a SG in a PG body, these people clearly don't watch games) and thats what puts the team over the edge. The peak performance of a team catered towards Curry's offensive skillset is more effective than the optimal positioning of any other player's skill set in the league, and that is what defines the best player in the world and the MVP. Deal with it.

we outchea

Real14
05-29-2016, 07:50 AM
No, Allen Iverson is.
You went full retard.

plowking
05-30-2016, 11:27 PM

Bump.

How did that extra physicality go?