PDA

View Full Version : Yeah...Curry's seriously injured. Another asterisk season.

stalkerforlife
05-25-2016, 11:09 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2016/05/25/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-far-from-100-percent-healthy

The NBA season is way too damn long; it waters down the product and gives room for more injuries to occur.

And STOP PLAYING A BEST OF 7 FIRST ROUND SERIES; the first round should be 5 games.

Stop ruining the NBA for a little extra dough.

Prime_Shaq
05-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Wasn't he just raining daggers last week?

Sakkreth
05-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Yes, he got a psychological trauma due to getting abused by Westbrook.

stalkerforlife
05-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Wasn't he just raining daggers last week?

The longer he plays on it, the worse it gets.

He can't keep getting cortisone shots or whatever other pain killer for long.

PP34Deuce
05-25-2016, 11:13 AM
This is called damage control for the advertisers making money on his name.

He wouldn't tell you he's hurt but they have to.

juju151111
05-25-2016, 11:15 AM
This is called damage control for the advertisers making money on his name.

He wouldn't tell you he's hurt but they have to.
That doesn't make any sense. You can hace advistisers if u play good or bad. You don't even have to win a championship.

jimmy77x
05-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Curry fans = curry is hurt
Curry haters/westbrick stans= curry is 100%:lol

Curry is obviously not himself and it has nothing to do with Westbrook.

imdaman99
05-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Well, what happened in the overtime game? :biggums: Or did that happen before he got injured? :biggums:

Let's face it, he has never faced a monster like Westbrook before. Someone that was gonna wear him down on both ends of the court. Everytime he tries to guard Westbrook, he's either gonna foul him or get overpowered. Ok so he played him well for a play or 2 last night, congratulations but all it meant was that he had even less energy on offense :lol

Marchesk
05-25-2016, 11:23 AM
How come Jordan never got hurt in the playoffs?

kamil
05-25-2016, 11:26 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2016/05/25/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-far-from-100-percent-healthy

The NBA season is way too damn long; it waters down the product and gives room for more injuries to occur.

And STOP PLAYING A BEST OF 7 FIRST ROUND SERIES; the first round should be 5 games.

Stop ruining the NBA for a little extra dough.

It's the same length it's always been. I don't recall players being so injury prone during the 90s.

warriorfan
05-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Curry isn't 100%

Been saying this for quite a few games, this article does a good job reinforcing that

crisoner
05-25-2016, 11:29 AM
No excuses

Only time I would give an * is on a short season.
Players injured is all just a part of the game.

Sportal
05-25-2016, 11:32 AM
If you class this as an asterisk... Why didn't you put that on the Warriors championship season? Biased much.

stalkerforlife
05-25-2016, 11:36 AM
If you class this as an asterisk... Why didn't you put that on the Warriors championship season? Biased much.

I did.

K Xerxes
05-25-2016, 11:45 AM
It's deep into the season and everyone has problems. Some more than others. But no one gives a shit. If you set foot on the court, then you declare yourself fit to play. If it's really that much of a problem and you're hurting the team then sit yourself out. The reality is that Westbrooks ripping him a new one, nobody's got time for petty excuses.

PJR
05-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Was it an asterisk season with Irving and Love out last year? Or does that not count because "herp deep 2/6!!"

imdaman99
05-25-2016, 11:54 AM
The problem is he went too hard in the regular season. He had an amazing and an all time great season and it's caused him to wear down because he has a lot of mileage this season. It happened to KD in his great MVP season as well.

People will say, but he didn't even play that many minutes...well when he DID play those minutes, he went hard. Why do you guys think Lebron stopped trying so hard in the regular season? He depended more on the other guys on his team and said forget the MVP. So he didn't wear down come Finals time any more. And his best playoff was 2012 which was a shortened season.

Sarcastic
05-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Was he hurt in game 2 when he dropped 17 in the third quarter?

He's a shooter that's had his shot taken away from him, and he doesn't have anything else to fall back on.

SouBeachTalents
05-25-2016, 12:00 PM
I have a feeling if LeBron was on a 73 win team coming off a similar injury and threw up an absolute dud last night, OP wouldn't be making this thread. All we'd be hearing is "no excuses" and "stacked"

stalkerforlife
05-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Was it an asterisk season with Irving and Love out last year? Or does that not count because "herp deep 2/6!!"

It's different because that's a cowardly made team, but yes...it's still an asterisk.

tmacattack33
05-25-2016, 12:09 PM
How can any G State fan complain about injuries when last year they basically played 4 average teams (3 pretty good teams, with their stars all injured...and Houston, lol) on their way to a title?

MP.Trey
05-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Has there ever been one season in the history of the NBA where no contending team had ANY injuries whatsoever? Because that's apparently the only way to legitimately win a championship and I'm willing to bet it's never happened. Get over it, injuries are a part of sports.

PJR
05-25-2016, 12:21 PM
It's different because that's a cowardly made team, but yes...it's still an asterisk.

Can you just come out and admit you're a moron? Just to save face? Thanks.

ImKobe
05-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Curry missed FIVE wide open threes in Game 4

if he had trouble staying on the court and was limping/being slower than usual they would have a point

He was doing reverse dunks in warm-ups, didn't seem to have a problem then. He missed shots he usually makes and he got destroyed on D because OKC went to whoever he was guarding on that end.

Just give credit to OKC for outplaying the Warriors and move on, there is no serious injury here. Everyone at this point in the Playoffs is a little fatigued and is probably dealing with some issues after ~100 games into the season.

~primetime~
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
How come Jordan never got hurt in the playoffs?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/3d/64/c03d64ad9e36ed11f68394fbf112178e.jpg

Jordan dominated the Jazz in the playoffs with the Flu.

Curry is not Jordan.

tpols
05-25-2016, 01:45 PM
look at these plays and tell me something doesnt look wrong...

http://i.giphy.com/5Xo9r2qLqoBsA.gif

http://i.giphy.com/wN3a1gdf1zQk0.gif

These two are just flat out blown layups.. beats his man, right at the rim and misses by a mile? these were head scratchers to me.

http://i.giphy.com/ri7gbFIiNVsgE.gif

and this is the saddest one of all.. were used to curry putting big guys in the mixer, yet Steph couldnt get ANY separation off Steven Adams for christs sake.

Thats when you know somethings wrong.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Adams factor, on both those gifs... you lowering yourself, tpols

edit:

What about his pre-game 360? :oldlol:

https://vine.co/v/iEPHJP2aVTK

stalkerforlife
05-25-2016, 02:50 PM

These two are just flat out blown layups.. beats his man, right at the rim and misses by a mile? these were head scratchers to me.

and this is the saddest one of all.. were used to curry putting big guys in the mixer, yet Steph couldnt get ANY separation off Steven Adams for christs sake.

That's definitely not the same Curry.

Smoke117
05-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Can you just come out and admit you're a moron? Just to save face? Thanks.

No need to admit what we already know.

sfballa13
05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Curry has played 7 games in the postseason

Westbrook has played 14 games in the postseason

Game. Set. Match

jstern
05-25-2016, 03:00 PM
STEVE KERR ON STEPH'S GAME 4 PERFORMANCE: "CURRY IS NOT INJURED."

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/steve-kerr-steph-curry-is-not-injured/

Edit: Had to change the link.

Damian Lillard May 24, 2016 - "No excuses."

K Xerxes
05-25-2016, 03:00 PM

So because he missed easy shots somethings wrong? It could just be him choking... like with pretty much every other great player?

tpols
05-25-2016, 03:08 PM
So because he missed easy shots somethings wrong? It could just be him choking... like with pretty much every other great player?

no lift, no quickness, no speed.. its not like hes out there forcing bad shots or shying away from the ball.. just doesnt look the same to me.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2016, 03:09 PM
no lift, no quickness, no speed.. its not like hes out there forcing bad shots or shying away from the ball.. just doesnt look the same to me.

he did a 360 in the warm ups.. lift seemed better than ever there

tpols
05-25-2016, 03:14 PM
he did a 360 in the warm ups.. lift seemed better than ever there

he barely got the ball over the rim lmao

Young X
05-25-2016, 03:15 PM
he did a 360 in the warm ups.. lift seemed better than ever thereAlso seemed fine in game 2 when he went off in the 3rd quarter.

People are just finding ways to excuse Curry and the Warriors because they like him. And it's disgusting.

kamil
05-25-2016, 03:18 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/3d/64/c03d64ad9e36ed11f68394fbf112178e.jpg

Jordan dominated the Jazz in the playoffs with the Flu.

Curry is not Jordan.

From what I recall, it wasnt the flu, it was flu-like symptoms after they had ordered some bad pizza the night before.

Goldrush25
05-25-2016, 03:28 PM
It's deep into the season and everyone has problems. Some more than others. But no one gives a shit. If you set foot on the court, then you declare yourself fit to play. If it's really that much of a problem and you're hurting the team then sit yourself out. The reality is that Westbrooks ripping him a new one, nobody's got time for petty excuses.

The way I see it, the only reason a star player would play when he's clearly injured and hurting the team is that he doesn't want anyone to steal his shine.

So either Steph is injured and being selfish, or he's fine and he's just choking.

Papaya Petee
05-25-2016, 03:28 PM
:roll: you are the biggest ****** I have ever seen.

LeBron averaged 36\13\9 and lost a hard fought 6 game series without HIS TWO BEST ****ING PLAYERS and you've done nothing but hate on him in every thread possible.

Curry is getting ****ed in the ass by Westbrook, his team is getting embarrassed every game, and you're trying to put asterisks.
Do us all a favor and jump off a bridge.

LBJ 23
05-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Typical Kobe stans......

When it's about Kobe or Curry it's ''but but they are tired, they are injured''.

On the other hand Lebron has played BY FAR the most basketball in the NBA by any player in the last 10 years, has had some falls which would be season ending injuries for majority of other players, has had back problems,....and yet God forbid to bring any of this up when he has a bad game. It's always choking, being afraid of the moment, being mentally weak, too passive blah blah blah. Just look at when his problems with elbow were brought up, everyone just laughed at it and shrugged it off as an excuse.

Now when it comes to other players(Curry now, Kobe when he was still playing) it's all about injuries, tiredness and fatigue, old legs, too long of a season or series,....like I said typical Kobe fans.

Also this, all year I was hearing how Curry is ''bigger'' than James either as a basketball player or as a basketball figure. So let's hold him to the same standards won't we? :oldlol:
If that was Lebron on Curry's place right now we all know ISH would be hearing only one word and that's plain and simple CHOKE and not 15 other excuses.

NBAGOAT
05-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Curry's game 4 is up there for bad playoff performances. Some people do need to realize it's been mostly one game but it was awful and inexcusable even with the injury concerns which arent definite.

Smoke117
05-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Typical Kobe stans......

When it's about Kobe or Curry it's ''but but they are tired, they are injured''.

On the other hand Lebron has played BY FAR the most basketball in the NBA by any player in the last 10 years, has had some falls which would be season ending injuries for majority of other players, has had back problems,....and yet God forbid to bring any of this up when he has a bad game. It's always choking, being afraid of the moment, being mentally weak, too passive blah blah blah. Just look at when his problems with elbow were brought up, everyone just laughed at it and shrugged it off as an excuse.

Now when it comes to other players(Curry now, Kobe when he was still playing) it's all about injuries, tiredness and fatigue, old legs, too long of a season or series,....like I said typical Kobe fans.

Also this, all year I was hearing how Curry is ''bigger'' than James either as a basketball player or as a basketball figure. So let's hold him to the same standards won't we? :oldlol:
If that was Lebron on Curry's place right now we all know ISH would be hearing only one word and that's plain and simple CHOKE and not 15 other excuses.

Kobe stans have always been the biggest hypocrites.

PP34Deuce
05-25-2016, 04:31 PM

I look at those plays and they look more mental than anything. Physically he beat his man on 2 drives and threw up a wild layup..he rushed it and was scared to get blocked.

Adams is not a slow 7 footer... Adams could see him gather for the 3 and he played it perfect.

Those plays look more like a player that is scared and in unfamiliar territory. He's not a penetrator, he's a shooter. Donovan is making him put the ball on the floor and he's not comfortable with physical bodies at his hip.

LBJ 23
05-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Also OP you got it all wrong. All this only tells us there is only 1 asterisk and that is last year's GSW chip. Beating only injured teams all the way to the top, this year they finally face a healthy top team and they are getting shredded into pieces.

Koresh
05-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Hilarious, OP.

The same guy who makes a thread about LeBron every time they win in the postseason: coward, collusion, highest payroll in the league. Sorry about bringing this up but this is a fact ^^^

If this was 3-1 Toronto Raptors, you would be singing a different tune. No excuses are given. You and the other lapdogs are super funny with your agendas. Now poor Stephanie is injured and not 100%, AWW so cute. Damage control at its finest. He's not living up to his standards whatsoever. They are being exposed. They are playing against a healthy team who has figured them out but you know...

Coddle, coddle, coddle. No words here can describe this Warriors team right now but most of us knew this outcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Bankaii
05-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Steve Kerr: "He's fine"
Medical Pros: "He's fine"
Steph Curry: "I'm fine"

But let's throw all that away because 2 Kobetards that have never played basketball past elementary school say there's something wrong.:roll: