PDA

View Full Version : Only 9 Teams Have Come Back from 3-1 Deficit

Koresh
05-25-2016, 05:33 PM
In the ABA/NBA's entire history only 9 teams have done it since 1946. 70 years!

The way the Warriors are "playing" if you even call this playing, they won't be the 10th.

Say they win game 5, they still have to go back to OKC. That crowd is going to be freaking LIT. No way they make it out of Chesapeake alive.

This is why you don't believe the media hype. It's over but man has this series been entertaining as hell.

Many have said the playoffs have sucked or it's the worst ever. It's all about matchups here. 73 wins means nothing in the playoffs when everyone is 0-0.

Good job, good effort, GSW fans but prepare your anus. If they lose game 5, I bet you won't hear a pin drop in that arena. The biggest upset/choke in NBA history and it's not even close.

WHAT

A

TIME!

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2016, 05:34 PM
And, can you guess off the top of your head the last one before last years Clippers/Rockets?

inclinerator
05-25-2016, 05:36 PM
And, can you guess off the top of your head the last one before last years Clippers/Rockets?
suns

Uncle Drew
05-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Rockets vs Suns, for sure.

Inferno
05-25-2016, 05:37 PM
If anyone can do it, it's the only team that went 73-9. But I don't like the chances

BlazerRed
05-25-2016, 05:38 PM
WHAT A TIME! :dancin :djparty :hammertime: :yaohappy: :party:

Props OP, thanks for the stat :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Rockets vs Suns, for sure.

that one as well, and, thats one of only two of the NINE teams, that did it by winning TWO road games.. :applause:

SexSymbol
05-25-2016, 05:40 PM
this isn't the same team that went 73-9.
If Steph never got injured and they rested their players a bit at the end of the year, this series would already be over and GSW would be waiting for their opponent in the finals.
People really do not understand how much does flow and rhythm mean in the game.

hold this L
05-25-2016, 05:48 PM
If anyone can do it, it's the only team that went 73-9. But I don't like the chances
Nooo.. inferno.. believe mate.. BELIEVE!! Curry to come back strong I hope! :applause:

You have to think he won't go down this easily.

kamil
05-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Good job, good effort, GSW fans but prepare your anus. If they lose game 5, I bet you won't hear a pin drop in that arena. The biggest upset/choke in NBA history and it's not even close.

I think you mean we will hear a pin drop. Arena will be dead silent.

Koresh
05-25-2016, 05:53 PM
I think you mean we will hear a pin drop. Arena will be dead silent.

Yep, you're right. Good find. The silence isn't the fun part, it will be the reactions on fans' faces the camera finds in the crowd.

miggyme1
05-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Nooo.. inferno.. believe mate.. BELIEVE!! Curry to come back strong I hope! :applause:

You have to think he won't go down this easily.

warriors SHOULD win game 5. oracle is going to be rocking. I don't expect the fans to sit down until halftime.

might be a close game but I think the warriors will squeeze it out...game 6 is the deciding game......warriors steal that game and its no doubt in my mind that they will win the series. Game 6 is the key game though and the warriors have to come out hot.....like firing on all cylinders..take the crowd out early....thunder will make a run so you have to have a good cushion.

bdreason
05-25-2016, 05:58 PM
In my best Jim Carey voice,

"So you're telling me there's a chance... YEEEAAA!!!"

Crown&Coke
05-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Fun Fact:

Doc Rivers the only HC to lose after leading 3-1 twice

Maybe GSW can persuade Glenn to coach OKC for a week?

hold this L
05-25-2016, 06:00 PM
warriors SHOULD win game 5. oracle is going to be rocking. I don't expect the fans to sit down until halftime.

might be a close game but I think the warriors will squeeze it out...game 6 is the deciding game......warriors steal that game and its no doubt in my mind that they will win the series. Game 6 is the key game though and the warriors have to come out hot.....like firing on all cylinders..take the crowd out early....thunder will make a run so you have to have a good cushion.
I agree with you overall but for this plotline to follow through (either OKC or Warrior win in Game 6), both Steph and Dray need to play a lot better than they have been. Klay has had some awful moments and mediocre games, but those two in particular have been let downs. If they get their shit together, the tie will be decided in G6 with OKC being the obvious favorites.

Proctor
05-25-2016, 06:02 PM
It's not gonna happen but if I was a Warriors fan I would be thinking...okay, the next game is on our home floor, and a win gives them back the momentum. If they roll into OKC and pull off an upset like they're capable of doing, then OKC has double the pressure on them. They're known for throwing away games (historically, of course) and the last game goes back to Oakland which would be wide open.