PDA

View Full Version : PROOF LeBron is still a top 5 defender (Cavs #1 Rim Protector/Perimeter Defender)

Im Still Ballin
05-26-2016, 12:26 AM
Opponents' shooting percentages against Cavs players compared to what they shot in the regular season this year:

Shump: +8.6%; opponents are shooting 8.6% better against Shumomthan they did against all opponents in the regular season; (+3.4% from three)

JR: +7.1%, (-3% from three)

Delly: +6.5% (+6.2% from three)

Kyrie: +4.6% (+4.7% from three).

Love: +3.4% (+6.6% from three)

TT: +3% (-2.9% from three)

Jefferson: -1% (-9.1% from three)

Frye: -3.9% (+4.1% from three)

LEBRON: -12.4 (-9.7% from three, -24.8% from less than 6 feet)

Before tonight's game, the Cavs DRting with LeBron off court during the playoffs was 114.7 which would be equivalent to the worst defense ever.

During the regular season, with James on court, the Cavs' DRtg was equivalent to the 3rd best in the NBA and with him off court, the 15th best.

RIM PROTECTOR (#1)
Field Goals Defended at Rim %: (Opponent FG% when defended by said individual)

Tristan Thompson: 53.3% (6.0 contests a game)
Kevin Love: 68.9% (7.4 contests a game)
LeBron James: 45.2% (3.1 contests a game)
Channing Frye: 62.5% (2.7 contests a game)

PERIMETER DEFENDER (#1)

The usual field goal percent of the shooter that the player is defending
LeBron - 44.8%
Kawhi - 44.9%
Defense Dashboard
2pt FGs - Players shot 8.2% worse than their average when defended by LeBron
2pt FGs - Players shot 7.3% worse than their average when defended by Kawhi
3pt FGs - Players shots 2.7% worse than their average when defended by LeBron
3pt FGs - Players shot 1.3% worse than their average when defended by Kawhi
Overall - Players shot 7.4% worse than their average when defended by LeBron on 8.4 Defended FGs Per Game
Overall - Players shot 5.7% worse than their average when defended by Kawhi on 9.4 Defended FGs Per Game
Play type
When they were the closest isolation defender
LeBron - 69 possessions, .59 points per possession allowed, 28.8% eFG
Kawhi - 61 possessions, .69 points per possession allowed, 31% eFG
When they were the closest defender to the PnR ball handler
LeBron - 144 possessions, .66 ppp allowed, 37.1 eFG
Kawhi - 243 possessions, .65 ppp allowed, 35.8 eFG
When they were the roll man defender
LeBron - 10 possessions, .7 ppp, 38.9 eFG
Kawhi - 30 possessions, .5 ppp, 27.8 eFG
Post defense
LeBron - 43 possessions, .77 ppp, 40 eFG
Kawhi - 31 possessions, .77 ppp, 41.7 eFG
On spot up shooters
LeBron - 210 possessions, .8 ppp, 41.6 eFG
Kawhi - 200 possessions, .88 ppp, 43.6 eFG
Hand-offs
LeBron - 43 possessions, .49 ppp, 33.9 eFG
Leonard - 58 possessions, .72 ppp, 39.5 eFG
Off screens
LeBron - 78 possessions, .74 ppp, 40.8 eFG
Kawhi - 96 possessions, 1.05 ppp, 51.2 eFG

Averaging 2.4 steals a game in the playoffs

scuzzy
05-26-2016, 12:29 AM
:cheers: :cheers:

Solid work OP

Your work never goes unnoticed

Ben Simmons
05-26-2016, 12:31 AM
Lebron has been solid on defense this year

Im Still Ballin
05-26-2016, 12:36 AM
So essentially

LeBron is the best perimeter defender, rim protector, scorer and facilitator for his team

Leftimage
05-26-2016, 12:40 AM
should have made 2nd team imo. I think unfortunately his reputation for engaging in "chill mode" during the rs hurts him. Though if you watched him closely this season, you'll know he was very involved and aggressive defensively throughout the season. His presence on the court made a huge diff on D.

I think career-wise Lebron is actually slightly underrated as a defender. I still don't know of another player who can shut down any player at will. Has Lebron ever been switched off an assignment cause he was getting abused? Not once in his career to my knowledge... and he's not even known for his 1-on-1 D. AND he can guard all positions quite adequately.

nashwade
05-26-2016, 12:43 AM
just saying, Lebron only starts to shoot generously when his team is up 20

"no pressure shooting"

ballinhun8
05-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Sources???

And why do you always include Kawhi in these numbers? You're just like 3ball now but at least he provides references and sources.

Im Still Ballin
05-26-2016, 05:44 AM
elite

Gileraracer
05-26-2016, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the made up stats. Everyone knows he's overrated on defense

JebronLames
05-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Another one for the ISH collection. Lebron has been the best defensive and offensive player in this year's playoffs. Sick!

aj1987
05-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Sources???

And why do you always include Kawhi in these numbers? You're just like 3ball now but at least he provides references and sources.
They're all on NBA.com. They do player tracking on the defensive end as well.

For instance, in these PO's, LeBron has been holding his defensive assignment to 33.1% , whereas that players average against all other defenders is 45.1%. That's a negative 12%.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/defense/#!/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs&sort=PCT_PLUSMINUS&dir=-1&CF=GP*G*8

This also not an outlier as LeBron has played 13 games in the PO's and on average has been contesting 9.5 shots a game.

To put that in perspective, Timmy was at -13.8% on 7.7 defended shots a game. Green is at -10% on 18.6.

Kyrie and Love are at 6.3% and 3.9% on 9.4 and 13.8 attempts a game respectively.

ImKobe
05-26-2016, 07:12 AM
These Playoff stats are worthless considering the teams they have been playing against

Who is Lebron going up against? Demarre Carrol?

He's a good defender and his defensive stats look great but considering that most games have been blowout wins, I'm not that impressed.

Let's see if he does this against Durant. KD averaged 30 ppg on 54% shooting against Lebron the last time they met in the Playoffs.

aj1987
05-26-2016, 07:37 AM
These Playoff stats are worthless considering the teams they have been playing against

Who is Lebron going up against? Demarre Carrol?

He's a good defender and his defensive stats look great but considering that most games have been blowout wins, I'm not that impressed.

Let's see if he does this against Durant. KD averaged 30 ppg on 54% shooting against Lebron the last time they met in the Playoffs.
Why do you Kobe stans even talk basketball. It's obvious that you guys don't actually watch basketball outside the games that Kobe plays. Shane Battier was guarding KD in the '12 Finals. :facepalm

LeBron in the RS:

Vs GSW - -20.6% on 11 defended FGA's a game.
Vs OKC - -14.7% on 15 defended FGA's a game.
Vs SAS - -30.7% on 5.5 defended FGA's a game.
Vs LAC - -24.2% on 9.5 defended FGA's a game.

Heck, even last season with ZERO help in the Finals and while being the sole offense generator for the Cavs, LeBron was -0.9% on 10.4 defended FGA's a game.

PP34Deuce
05-26-2016, 09:21 AM
With the exception of Kawhi and Iggy. He still makes guys nervous defensively.

Derozan's eyes lit up when he matched up with JR smith trying to take him off the dribble. When Lebron was on him, he passed it out or tried to shake free.

The one issue I see with Love moving forward is they both are strictly 4's at this stage.

Love is a stretch 4 that can rebound.
Lebron is an athletic physical post player that can set up the offense.

Lebron is no longer a 3. This offseason he has to work on his shot. Does he realize if he had a respectable jumper, he could probably get more easy dunks?

stalkerforlife
05-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Being left off the ALL-D team got you guys shook, huh?

LOL.

TheImmortal
05-26-2016, 09:39 AM
With the exception of Kawhi and Iggy. He still makes guys nervous defensively.

Derozan's eyes lit up when he matched up with JR smith trying to take him off the dribble. When Lebron was on him, he passed it out or tried to shake free.

The one issue I see with Love moving forward is they both are strictly 4's at this stage.

Love is a stretch 4 that can rebound.
Lebron is an athletic physical post player that can set up the offense.

Lebron is no longer a 3. This offseason he has to work on his shot. Does he realize if he had a respectable jumper, he could probably get more easy dunks?DeRozan has no 1st step or range.. of course LeBron can guard him. It's like guarding a slower Rondo with no passing ability and slightly better midrange shooting. LOL at you boosting Bran. Clown.

I'm pretty sure DeRozan's numbers were worse in the previous 2 series.

PP34Deuce
05-26-2016, 09:53 AM
DeRozan has no 1st step or range.. of course LeBron can guard him. It's like guarding a slower Rondo with no passing ability and slightly better midrange shooting. LOL at you boosting Bran. Clown.

Derozan has a first step. and a great midrange game. He can't hit 3's but he can pull up on that midrange and he actually rises high on his midrange shot. It's disrespectful to compare him to Rondo shooting wise. If I'm a clown, then you're the clown professor chief.

TheImmortal
05-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Derozan has a first step. and a great midrange game. He can't hit 3's but he can pull up on that midrange and he actually rises high on his midrange shot. It's disrespectful to compare him to Rondo shooting wise. If I'm a clown, then you're the clown professor chief.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Scouting:

Still a very limited ball-handler, DeRozan’s offensive limitations are pretty significant if trying to project him immediately to the NBA. He struggles to change directions with the ball and possesses very little explosion off his first step, making him almost completely unable to create his own shot. If forced to dribble the ball more than once or twice he is liable to get stripped or look out of control, although he’s doing a good job of not putting himself in situations where he is liable to turn the ball over. He is averaging twice as many turnovers as assists, which ranks him last amongst all top shooting guard prospects

Bold still applies.. Sit down clown.

What's DeRozan's stats outside of 22 feet? Putrid.. no range. Everyone cringes when he attempts a 3pt shot. Since when does range mean midrange? Fruitloop?

And again, DeRozan's numbers this series is a lot better than the previous 2 series... yet we're led to believe by clowns like yourself that LeBron is this great defender. STFU.

A player like Wiggins.. shifty, quick, agile player with half court explosiveness would murk LeBran.

PP34Deuce
05-26-2016, 10:25 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Scouting:

Bold still applies.. Sit down clown.

What's DeRozan's stats outside of 22 feet? Putrid.. no range. Everyone cringes when he attempts a 3pt shot. Since when does range mean midrange? Fruitloop?

And again, DeRozan's numbers this series is a lot better than the previous 2 series... yet we're led to believe by clowns like yourself that LeBron is this great defender. STFU.

A player like Wiggins.. shifty, quick, agile player with half court explosiveness would murk LeBran.

If you're going to try to present "facts" try to use a scouting report that's a little more current than 5-6 years ago. Just like I'm sure you've changed in 5-6 years, players change too. I look at the tape.

Can't argue with ignorance so I'm just going to exit this debate to help you make you feel better about yourself. Seems like you need a win in life more than I do.

Im Still Ballin
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Don't bother bro

He's trolling

TheImmortal
05-26-2016, 10:27 AM
If you're going to try to present "facts" try to use a scouting report that's a little more current than 5-6 years ago. Just like I'm sure you've changed in 5-6 years, players change too. I look at the tape.

Can't argue with ignorance so I'm just going to exit this debate to help you make you feel better about yourself. Seems like you need a win in life more than I do.You are a hopeless LeBran D-rider. Not going to waste my time.

LOL at "shutting down" DeRozan being a major accomplishment. Let me know when he locks up his matchup in the Finals sometime this decade. gg

aj1987
05-26-2016, 10:32 AM
You are a hopeless LeBran D-rider. Not going to waste my time.

LOL at "shutting down" DeRozan being a major accomplishment. Let me know when he locks up his matchup in the Finals sometime this decade. gg
LeBron in the RS:

For instance, in these PO's, LeBron has been holding his defensive assignment to 33.1% , whereas that players average against all other defenders is 45.1%. That's a negative 12%.

This also not an outlier as LeBron has played 13 games in the PO's and on average has been contesting 9.5 shots a game.

To put that in perspective, Timmy was at -13.8% on 7.7 defended shots a game. Green is at -10% on 18.6.

Kyrie and Love are at 6.3% and 3.9% on 9.4 and 13.8 attempts a game respectively.

You really need to stop shit posting and go back to mastrubating to Chokebe's bricks.

Posting a scouting report from draft express.... :facepalm Chokebe stans are dumber than a retarded goldfish.

tmacattack33
05-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Not too much of a surprise. Lebron is 6'9 with very good good hops, mobility, and pretty decent block timing for a forward.

Disaprine
05-26-2016, 11:53 AM
:roll:

StrongLurk
05-26-2016, 11:58 AM
LeBron in the RS:

You really need to stop shit posting and go back to mastrubating to Chokebe's bricks.

Posting a scouting report from draft express.... :facepalm Chokebe stans are dumber than a retarded goldfish.

What. An. Ether.

Lebron23
05-26-2016, 12:04 PM
He should have been in the all NBA defensive second team.

tmacattack33
05-26-2016, 12:53 PM
You are a hopeless LeBran D-rider. Not going to waste my time.

Derozan is Toronto's best or second best scorer. And he's one of the best scoring SG's in the league.

Furthermore, in this series, when guarded by JR Smith and others, Derozan was scoring very easily. When Lebron guarded him, he had a tough time. It's very simple. I'm sorry that you hate Lebron so much. :(

tmacattack33
05-26-2016, 12:58 PM
DeRozan has no 1st step or range.. of course LeBron can guard him. It's like guarding a slower Rondo with no passing ability and slightly better midrange shooting. LOL at you boosting Bran. Clown.

Nominated for worst post of the year.

I will enter it in the Worst Post of the Year thread.

I'm not sure when voting begins and when the award ceremony will be held. But please dress nicely and prepare a good speech, because you have a good chance of winning.