PDA

View Full Version : Oxycontin investigation

FillJackson
05-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Big story in the LA Times.
http://static.latimes.com/oxycontin-part1/

The drugmaker Purdue Pharma launched OxyContin two decades ago with a bold marketing claim: One dose relieves pain for 12 hours, more than twice as long as generic medications.

Patients would no longer have to wake up in the middle of the night to take their pills, Purdue told doctors. One OxyContin tablet in the morning and one before bed would provide

Draz
05-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Took one pill a few weeks ago when I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Didn't do shit. Just made my arm numb and got me feeling confused. Little dizzy. My boy loves oxy. He takes it with a blunt.

FillJackson
05-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Took one pill a few weeks ago when I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Didn't do shit. Just made my arm numb and got me feeling confused. Little dizzy. My boy loves oxy. He takes it with a blunt.
That's a very bad idea

West-Side
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM

You should probably tell your friend to stop.
Oxy addiction is no joke.

oarabbus
05-27-2016, 04:54 PM

They probably gave you an extremely low dose then. There's a conversion chart, basically its like 7.5mg codeine = 1.5mg vicodin = 1mg oxy. Oxycodone is similar in potency to morphine, although much weaker than dilaudid or other opiates.

Bless Mathews
05-27-2016, 05:00 PM
We gets boats and boats of m's.

Heroin in pill form.

Used to be cheaper than heroin. Now, opposite.

Herron cheaper. Lots and lots of fiends out here.

Draz
05-27-2016, 05:22 PM
They probably gave you an extremely low dose then. There's a conversion chart, basically its like 7.5mg codeine = 1.5mg vicodin = 1mg oxy. Oxycodone is similar in potency to morphine, although much weaker than dilaudid or other opiates.
That's probably what it is. Must of been a low dosage.

Smoke117
05-27-2016, 06:31 PM

lol of course it didn't do anything it was one ****ing pill. Chew or snort a 40mg oxycontin and you will be a zombie. I went through a phase where I was doing a lot of oxycontin years ago and I remember my dad saying how I was like a zombie for a week. I enjoy uppers now more though along with my usual bud regiment.

Dresta
05-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Addicts usually crush Oxycontin and snort it or something to break the time release, as this prevents you from using it to get properly high; what they want is the oxycodone high; Oxycontin is just oxycodone with a time release (and branded), so there's no reason why it would be more addictive than plain oxycodone.

Draz
05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
I was refering to oxycodone

highwhey
05-27-2016, 07:37 PM
I was refering to oxycodone
https://youtu.be/cWHrnMgE4L4

Dresta
05-27-2016, 08:33 PM
lol, reading that article is just one "no shit sherlock" after another. People on long term pain medication take "dangerously high" amounts. Well, duh: it's called tolerance. That's how these things work: there is no real solution for pain, only the trading of one burden for another; pick whichever one you're more capable of dealing with. Euphoria inducing medications inevitably lead to suffering (and really, that seems to be where most of the "pain-killing" effect comes from).