View Full Version : Demar is leaving

You Cant Ban Me
05-27-2016, 10:58 PM
are you happy or sad?

Do the raptors get better or nah?

Raptor fans only please

BenchMob
05-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Any team that takes him as a max deal is gonna regret it.

dazzer87
05-27-2016, 10:59 PM
would be great if he could play with the lakers.

CelticBaller
05-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Any raptor fan that thinks he should leave is delusional, other than Lowry he's the only scoring option. He's gone and say goodbye to your finals hope

imdaman99
05-27-2016, 11:01 PM
He's a good player but the fact he plays so poorly on the road is telling. Your stars are supposed to be the few guys you can count on, on the road while it's the role players that step up at home. This just tells me he is not a star, but a really good role player. Think 3rd option or a 2nd option if the 1st is a superstar. Is he a max in this day and age? Perhaps :/

CelticBaller
05-27-2016, 11:02 PM
He's a good player but the fact he plays so poorly on the road is telling. Your stars are supposed to be the few guys you can count on, on the road while it's the role players that step up at home. This just tells me he is not a star, but a really good role player. Is he a max in this day and age? Perhaps :/
Just because he's not a star he's a role player? How about a decent starter?

He's good, there's definitely worse guys out ther with max contracts

Ben Simmons
05-27-2016, 11:06 PM
He doesnt pass.

n00bie
05-27-2016, 11:31 PM
I'd be happy if he left and I'll be sad if he stays.. with a max contract.

n00bie
05-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Any raptor fan that thinks he should leave is delusional, other than Lowry he's the only scoring option. He's gone and say goodbye to your finals hope

Do you even watch any raptors games? He has good offensive games once in awhile, but most of his offense comes from drawing fouls. He's a horrible ball hog who can't make jump shots.

With him on the floor, our offensive game just turns into ISOs that don't lead to points.

I don't even want to talk about his liability on defense.

CelticBaller
05-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Do you even watch any raptors games? He has good offensive games once in awhile, but most of his offense comes from drawing fouls. He's a horrible ball hog who can't make jump shots.

With him on the floor, our offensive game just turns into ISOs that don't lead to points.

Yes I watched the games, and he was the only reason why you guys even got close to beating the Cavs

2 games away from the finals and you get rid off your second best player because he played bad against double teams lmao. Is as bad as trading Harden and using the 2012 finals as a reason why

He leaves and the Raptors aren't getting to the ECF in a while

Kungfro
05-28-2016, 12:06 AM
I'd be happy if he left and I'll be sad if he stays.. with a max contract.

Problem is the Raps don't have any cap space to spend even if they do let him walk, so it doesn't make much sense to lose him for nothing.

I felt the only way he leaves is if the Raps had collapsed in the first round, then Masai would shake things up. They will offer him the max now, and I'm confident DeRozan takes it.

NBAGOAT
05-28-2016, 12:07 AM
He's a good player but the fact he plays so poorly on the road is telling. Your stars are supposed to be the few guys you can count on, on the road while it's the role players that step up at home. This just tells me he is not a star, but a really good role player. Think 3rd option or a 2nd option if the 1st is a superstar. Is he a max in this day and age? Perhaps :/

definitely. Ik Harrison Barnes is a better defender but he's not better than Derozan and he's getting a max. So is someone like Batum.

Nastradamus
05-28-2016, 12:13 AM

He has his flaws, but he was the 2nd best player on a 2 seed, by a large gap. The guy is a pretty damn good player. He's got a creative midrange game and he can get to the line. The most valuable skill in basketball will always be the ability to create offense consistently and efficiently. He can do so

Noyze
05-28-2016, 12:20 AM
If he's max I don't wanna see him on the Lakers. Dude reminds me of Kevin Martin from back in the day. Scores over 22 a night from the free throw line but not a very good player.

Nastradamus
05-28-2016, 12:32 AM
He's a Laker lock IMO

Legends66NBA7
05-28-2016, 12:44 AM
Not only will he not leave, he will get the most money from the Raptors. Keeping DeMar goes beyond on court production. The fact that Toronto can keep their star players on continuity is pretty important if they want to keep a winning culture. My problem with his role is that he isn't a true first option. He's put into out of a necessity of lack of talent. Which leads to....

The team has bigger problems because a major part of the roster are role players. Probably won't keep Biyombo because the team doesn't have his bird rights and will definitely be commanding similar money to what Tristan Thompson got. The rest ? Shit, who knows. So many replaceable player after Patterson and Cory.

MiseryCityTexas
05-28-2016, 01:33 AM
They are still a first round exit team without Demar.

BallsOut
05-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Please re-sign him Toronto. I've watched him play this playoff series against the Cavs. He's no max player. As a Lakers fan, I don't want Demar Derozan. Dude has no heart. Give me Paul George or Jimmy Butler for the max. At least I know I'll get 100% from those guys on both ends every game.

CelticBaller
05-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Not only will he not leave, he will get the most money from the Raptors. Keeping DeMar goes beyond on court production. The fact that Toronto can keep their star players on continuity is pretty important if they want to keep a winning culture. My problem with his role is that he isn't a true first option. He's put into out of a necessity of lack of talent. Which leads to....

The team has bigger problems because a major part of the roster are role players. Probably won't keep Biyombo because the team doesn't have his bird rights and will definitely be commanding similar money to what Tristan Thompson got. The rest ? Shit, who knows. So many replaceable player after Patterson and Cory.
Bingo

Also letting him goes creates a bad perception from free agents, knowing that FO won't even care to get back their best players after a good season creates doubt amongst free agents. There's a reason why palyers sign to teams like the Heat and avoid the better market Mavs, both have winning cultures. But one has a revolving door of players even after successful seasons and the other tries to stay consistent with the overall roster

dreamwarrior
05-28-2016, 02:02 AM
He's a 30ppg scorer if he took more 3's. Shot 3's better than Lebron but only took half the attempts

AirBonner
05-28-2016, 02:06 AM
I am curious what Brad Stevens could do with a guy like Demar.

iamgine
05-28-2016, 02:39 AM
He's basically a younger Monta Ellis.

Kiddlovesnets
05-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Lakers this offseason: Derozan 30m a year, Barnes 23m a year, Ezeli 17m a year, I see playoffs coming in LA.
:applause:

Finger Roll
05-28-2016, 03:31 AM
Shame to lose him if he leaves, but it's like breaking up with a hot girl who happens to be crazy and will eventually ruin you.

If he could only shoot the 3 or had better court vision off the dribble. Unfortunately his jumper relies to much on fade aways, curls, or a dribble to create his rhythm. Lowry and Joseph are both capable of using screens well and could use a spot up 2 guard--- Demar should study JJ Reddick and Korver to try develop some sort of jumper that doesn't involve fading.

He obviously won't do that at this point, so that leaves the problem of relying on his penetration and ability to draw fouls. But if that isn't working, he's actually pretty useless...he doesn't make smart dump offs, lobs, skip passes or continue his dribble well at all. Seems like theres a couple times each game where he picks up his dribble and leaves his feet hoping to create a play before he hits the ground.. usually after running down the shot clock.

He could move without the ball better too, I don't see why he's not getting more back door cut passes from high screens with his slashing and jumping ability. Maybe his defender isn't respected screens because they know he doesn't ever hit the roller or have an outside shot?

His game really hurts Jonas because of these problems. Val needs to get better at his pick and roll game, he's still a bit cumbersome out there and doesn't seem to get in place or open at the right time very well at all sometimes. Demar and Lowry seriously need to work along with Jonas and get trained by CoJo and Biz this offseason on using screens better. Otherwise Jonas is just wasting energy and getting himself on the outside for rebounds.

So in the end, I won't be sad about losing a guy who can't shoot or elevate those around him a contract with max money. He's still young, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's almost peaked and his IQ doesn't seem to be upgradeable,

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 03:44 AM
If he's max I don't wanna see him on the Lakers. Dude reminds me of Kevin Martin from back in the day. Scores over 22 a night from the free throw line but not a very good player.

Martin never had Derozan's freakish athleticism, so Derozan's ceiling is higher.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 03:56 AM
He's basically a younger Monta Ellis.

Ellis is 6'3" while Derozan is 6'7". Huge difference. And you add in the fact that he might be even more athletic or just as athletic as young Ellis and Deozan's ceiling is clearly higher.

Smoke117
05-28-2016, 04:07 AM
Ellis is 6'3" while Derozan is 6'7". Huge difference. And you add in the fact that he might be even more athletic or just as athletic as young Ellis and Deozan's ceiling is clearly higher.

He's 6'7"? I would have thought no bigger than 6'5"...he plays like a smaller guy.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 04:07 AM
Sorry Toronto fans but Derozan's coming home to LA. He'll be happier here, which will relax him more which will allow him to reach his potential. He's still only 26 and will be 27 once next season starts. It's always best to sign a guy just entering his prime, which he is.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 04:11 AM
He's 6'7"? I would have thought no bigger than 6'5"...he plays like a smaller guy.

He's 6'5.5" without shoes so he's about 6'6.5" with shoes.

iamgine
05-28-2016, 04:15 AM
I don't think he's more athletic. Definitely around the same impact as Ellis regardless of height.

He could get better though, whereas Ellis didn't.

oarabbus
05-28-2016, 04:18 AM

Nah, not really. He plays like a poor man's D Wade and Wade played big for his size... so Derozan plays right on about for his size. He just plays the 'old style' of ball with the midrange.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 04:36 AM
I don't think he's more athletic. Definitely around the same impact as Ellis regardless of height.

He could get better though, whereas Ellis didn't.

Derozan is one of the most athletic players today as was Ellis during his younger days. But being 4 incnes taller gives Derozan a sizeable edge in potential ceiling.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 04:39 AM
Derozan is going to look good in purple and gold. :applause:

oarabbus
05-28-2016, 04:43 AM
Derozan is one of the most athletic players today as was Ellis during his younger days. But being 4 incnes taller gives Derozan a sizeable edge in potential ceiling.

Disagree. Taller guys can't do a lot of the quickness and handles moves smaller guys can (which is why LBJ and KD are such freaks). Obviously a big man generally has a overall higher ceiling, but Ellis was nimble and quick able to cut through and split defenders. Ellis had MOVES that I've not seen Derozan get anywhere near. If MJ was 7' tall he would have won 10 rings? Nah it doesn't work like that. He'd sacrifice a lot if he was grown to that size.

ClipperRevival
05-28-2016, 04:51 AM
Disagree. Taller guys can't do a lot of the quickness and handles moves smaller guys can (which is why LBJ and KD are such freaks). Obviously a big man generally has a overall higher ceiling, but Ellis was nimble and quick able to cut through and split defenders. Ellis had MOVES that I've not seen Derozan get anywhere near.

Well 6'6" is like the perfect height in bball because you are tall enough to play with the bigs but just small enough to retain small man traits. Of course a guy 4 inches shorter will have superior quickness in most instances but in a vacuum, Derozan is an athletic freak for a 6"6"+ guy. This allows him to go over bigs when attacking the basket.

iamgine
05-28-2016, 04:57 AM
But he's not more athletic than Ellis imo.

Finger Roll
05-28-2016, 05:43 AM

Hard to say what makes him more athletic than Demar. I'll give him quickness, balance and agility. Demar has the ability to change tempo quickly like Ellis and has sneaky fast elevation. He's still top 5 most likely to posterize and if he had an outside shot to go with his improving handle, you would see his athleticism a lot more.

yeaaaman
05-28-2016, 08:04 AM

Big whoop I'd definitely take Demar or Ellis so what does it really matter if that's the comparison.

k0kakw0rld
05-28-2016, 11:25 AM
are you happy or sad?

Raptor fans only please
We will sign Durant :D

Bosnian Sajo
05-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Better him than Beal.

Finger Roll
05-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Big whoop I'd definitely take Demar or Ellis so what does it really matter if that's the comparison.

Now yes, what about back when Ellis was finishing his 7th season like Demar just did. Good on DD for having his best shooting averages this season.

5th, 6th, 7th seasons for both

IcanzIIravor
05-28-2016, 11:41 AM
are you happy or sad?

Raptor fans only please

He would be crazy to leave. He is in the Eastern Conference with a young team on the rise. With this team he has a chance to compete year end and year out to make it to the Eastern Conference finals and with some additions a trip to the NBA finals. The smart thing is to stay with Toronto and build a legacy.

senelcoolidge
05-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Lakers are going to max him. He's Kobe's heir. I don't think it's deserving, but I like his mid range game, it has that old school feel.

Nastradamus
05-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Please re-sign him Toronto. I've watched him play this playoff series against the Cavs. He's no max player. As a Lakers fan, I don't want Demar Derozan. Dude has no heart. Give me Paul George or Jimmy Butler for the max. At least I know I'll get 100% from those guys on both ends every game.

and that's why they aren't available smart guy

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Came up a couple of days ago:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/derozan-free-agency-mindset-always-toronto-not-going-switch/

DeRozan on free agency: Mindset has always been Toronto, not switching up

I'm a loyal person ... (And) ...at this point of my career winning is the only thing that matters" -- DeRozan

At just 26 and now with a handful of impressive performances deep into the playoffs on his resume, DeRozan is a lock to earn a max deal worth north of $20 million. And there are 21 NBA teams expected to have the money available to offer him a deal.

One thing is clear listening the DeMar about his future -- something will have to HAPPEN for him not to return to Toronto.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1030418

On returning to LA

Rumors have circulated that the Los Angeles Lakers will offer DeRozan a max contract. Having grown up in the area, the 26-year-old swingman could see value in returning home to revitalize a struggling franchise he knows so well. The Lakers are coming off their two worst seasons ever, though, and with winning being of the utmost importance, there may not be enough upside to convince DeRozan to go Hollywood.

"I grew up in L.A. That's my home," DeRozan said. "There's not a part of L.A. I haven't seen. I don't get caught up into it. I let whoever comes up with that say that they want to say. Only thing appealing to me is the things I've done in this organization and the things that can be done here. And that's always been my mindset."

Take it for what it is.

gasolina
05-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Assuming OKC loses tonight... would there be a possibility for a three-way with Durant and the Lakers?

Of course this is assuming Kevin bullies his way into Toronto, and OKC lose all leverage.

jayfan
05-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Came up a couple of days ago:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/derozan-free-agency-mindset-always-toronto-not-going-switch/

DeRozan on free agency: Mindset has always been Toronto, not switching up

http://www.thescore.com/news/1030418

On returning to LA

Take it for what it is.

Thread just got blown up. :lol

Velocirap31
05-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Derozan has never given any indication that he was going to leave Toronto. Just ISH and the media doing what they do.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Terrence Ross will put up bigger numbers when Derozen leaves. Will the Raptors trust Ross to fill such a big role like that? Ross had moments where he played like absolute shit in major minutes.

theaussieguy
05-30-2016, 11:33 AM
who gives a flying **** about this scrub seriously, 4 pages for this soft ass nikka without any competitive spirit??? smh

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Terrence Ross will put up bigger numbers when Derozen leaves. Will the Raptors trust Ross to fill such a big role like that?

No he can't and no they won't.

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
who gives a flying **** about this scrub seriously, 4 pages for this soft ass nikka without any competitive spirit??? smh

Or, you can **** off and not bother with the thread.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Terrence Ross is a poor man's Eddie Jones.

West-Side
05-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Any raptor fan that thinks he should leave is delusional, other than Lowry he's the only scoring option. He's gone and say goodbye to your conference final hope

Fixed.

SamuraiSWISH
05-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Not for max money, but he'll get it. Not even close to a superstar but a perennial all star caliber player. Top 5 SG with Harden, Klay, McCollum, etc.

Wouldn't mind cheap, dumb ass Gar Foreman picking him up for us. A line up of

Contract year D Rose
Derozan
Butler
Mirotic
Portis

Looks mighty good in the east, assuming health and chemistry.

ralph_i_el
05-30-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm torn on DeMar. He's fun to watch, but his style of play is not suited to a fast-paced, share the ball style of offense.

He's got explosiveness and agility, good finishing ability

Shoots very well inside the arc, no 3 point ability

Not a good passer

Really would work best as a 6th man on a defensive-centric team.

Kungfro
05-30-2016, 03:08 PM
Derozan has never given any indication that he was going to leave Toronto. Just ISH and the media doing what they do.

Him resigning for the max is an inevitability I've come to accept. Biz is a little more interesting since he seems determined to come back, I just don't know how Masai can pull it off without him taking a massive discount.

n00bie
05-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Sorry Toronto fans but Derozan's coming home to LA. He'll be happier here, which will relax him more which will allow him to reach his potential. He's still only 26 and will be 27 once next season starts. It's always best to sign a guy just entering his prime, which he is.

Please take him off our hands :)

SexSymbol
05-30-2016, 06:50 PM
One of the worst players in the league.

red1
05-30-2016, 06:54 PM
I doubt it. He loves the city and has roots here now. The only other team that would make sense in terms of personal life is LA and I don't know how much sense that would make for him career-wise.

We are in a good position to re-sign him.

red1
05-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Him resigning for the max is an inevitability I've come to accept. Biz is a little more interesting since he seems determined to come back, I just don't know how Masai can pull it off without him taking a massive discount.
Yeah, 100% guarantee that he gets the max. In this league he is a max player.

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 10:38 PM
GOATing right now

red1
11-11-2016, 10:47 PM
GOATing right now
demichael dejordan

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2c8faa8362f66f1384db4b3b44867bba/tumblr_new0gjUfh21tmbhzbo1_400.gif
https://68.media.tumblr.com/de4fbd55479212706e0ec89c8fb71090/tumblr_obk62mfr4I1u2klrwo1_400.gif

Nick Young
11-11-2016, 10:47 PM
http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-28-2014/r9UN6a.gif

red1
11-11-2016, 10:50 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/ef0693bca05b5962e633861c13d047d4/tumblr_nbx695707r1twr8ojo1_400.gif