PDA

View Full Version : Warriors > 96 Bulls

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 12:14 AM
They would kill Bulls with their 3 points shooting and their mental toughness.
They are the greatest team ever and they showed it tonight.

Marchesk
05-29-2016, 12:16 AM
More like OKC lost it.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 12:16 AM
Still premature, but if the Warriors do win the title they would have beaten two teams that featured Durant-Westbrook & LeBron-Irving-Love, the '96 Bulls didn't come close to facing competition like that, and people call today's game "watered down". lol.

bigkingsfan
05-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Klay > Jordan

TheReal Kendall
05-29-2016, 12:17 AM
:biggums:

Okc threw this game away.

What mental toughness?

kamil
05-29-2016, 12:21 AM
I don't recall Bulls allowing a 3-1 playoffs deficit. Also don't remember the Bulls getting regular season blowout losses like GSW had.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 12:30 AM
:biggums:

Okc threw this game away.

What mental toughness?

11 3s.
They played great defense. Those turnovers were mostly forced.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 12:30 AM
I don't recall Bulls allowing a 3-1 playoffs deficit. Also don't remember the Bulls getting regular season blowout losses like GSW had.

They played in a very weak era.
They never played against a team as good as OKC.

Sarcastic
05-29-2016, 12:32 AM

:roll:

kamil
05-29-2016, 12:37 AM

:lol :oldlol:

poido123
05-29-2016, 12:41 AM

Living f.ggot making another amazing thread

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 12:45 AM
:roll:

I can also use smilies :oldlol: :cheers: :banana: :rockon:
Now what about actual arguments?:lol

IGOTGAME
05-29-2016, 12:46 AM
Still premature, but if the Warriors do win the title they would have beaten two teams that featured Durant-Westbrook & LeBron-Irving-Love, the '96 Bulls didn't come close to facing competition like that, and people call today's game "watered down". lol.

And he comes out of hiding. lol

scandisk_
05-29-2016, 12:59 AM

A wild p*ss* appears :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:00 AM
And he comes out of hiding. lol

I work for a living dude, I've only been able to see one game out of this whole series.

deja vu
05-29-2016, 01:03 AM
I just don't see current Warriors beating the 96 Bulls. They rely too much on 3 point shooting and they were shooting terribly in the series. Defensively the Bulls are better than OKC and of course Jordan won't choke like Durant did.

Before I thought it would be close but now I think Bulls beat them in 5 or 6.

Sarcastic
05-29-2016, 01:04 AM

96 Bulls never faced a game 7, and were never down 3-1, let alone against a team with 18 fewer wins.

And Shaq/Penny ORL >>> OKC. A team that they swept.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:07 AM
96 Bulls never faced a game 7, and were never down 3-1, let alone against a team with 18 fewer wins.

Orlando was without Horace Grant that series, imagine if a guy like Steve Adams was out for OKC, he is a worse player than Grant but you would still hear shit like "Golden State catches another break due to injuries".

Young X
05-29-2016, 01:07 AM
The simple fact that they allowed themselves to go down 1-3 to a team like this disqualifies them from this discussion.

You cannot look that weak and put yourself in that position against a team like OKC and be better than the '96 Bulls. Hell no.

jayfan
05-29-2016, 01:08 AM

This is a joke, right?

Sarcastic
05-29-2016, 01:09 AM
Orlando was without Horace Grant that series, imagine if a guy like Steve Adams was out for OKC, he is a worse player than Grant but you would still hear shit like "Golden State catches another break due to injuries".

Oh tell me about facing teams missing injured players, oh dear GS slobber.

NBAGOAT
05-29-2016, 01:10 AM

shaq and penny's the only team with more starpower than OKC that the 90's Bulls faced and are most likely worse on defense too(no i'm not saying the Warriors would beat the Bulls). It's not that outlandish to say OKC is right up there with the best teams the Bulls faced.

Sarcastic
05-29-2016, 01:12 AM
shaq and penny's the only team with more starpower than OKC that the 90's Bulls faced and are most likely worse on defense too(no i'm not saying the Warriors would beat the Bulls). It's not that outlandish to say OKC is right up there with the best teams the Bulls faced.

You joking? Seattle >>> OKC.

IGOTGAME
05-29-2016, 01:12 AM
I work for a living dude, I've only been able to see one game out of this whole series.

Must be an extremely rough patch at the jerb them.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Oh tell me about facing teams missing injured players, oh dear GS slobber.

Warriors have faced healthy teams all this postseason. WTF are you talking about?
OKC is much better than their record suggest. They peaked at the right time.
They just beat a 67 wins Spurs.
Magic missed a key player and they had Shaq, but that wasn't prime Shaq.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:14 AM

Finally someone with common sense.

I will say though that the Warriors going down 3-1 in this series didn't help them in their greatest of all time case, but they did show how much mental toughness they had in this game we just saw.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:14 AM
:facepalm
Seattle Sonics didn't have stars. You need stars to be a great team in this league.

Sarcastic
05-29-2016, 01:15 AM
OKC is the first healthy good team that GS has ever played in the playoffs, and nearly took them out. The first healthy team they played, Portland, gave them fits, and they didn't even deserve to be there.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:15 AM
The simple fact that they allowed themselves to go down 1-3 to a team like this disqualifies them from this discussion.

You cannot look that weak and put yourself in that position against a team like OKC and be better than the '96 Bulls. Hell no.

They didn't go down 1-3 because they never faced a team as good as OKC.
It's that simple.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:16 AM
OKC is the first healthy good team that GS has ever played in the playoffs, and nearly took them out. The first healthy team they played, Portland, gave them fits, and they didn't even deserve to be there.

This thread is about this year's Warriors, not last year.
All the teams they faced this year were healthy.

Elosha
05-29-2016, 01:16 AM

True. But Horace DID play in most of game 1 before getting hurt and the Bulls were absolutely crushing Orlando when he left the game. Grant was a solid player; but he would not have made much, if any, difference, especially with Rodman to help neutralize him. The Bulls would still have swept them.

Warriors are a great team, but they'd go down to the Bulls in 6 games.

NBAGOAT
05-29-2016, 01:18 AM

Maybe the 96 Sonics but it's not like they weren't chokers either... Also Durant/Westbrook is better than Payton/Kemp. You sure detlef and hawkins is enough to make up the deficit when okc's role players like Adams and Ibaka have proven to be pretty good these playoffs.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:20 AM

No. Durant & Westbrook >>> GP & Kemp.

To make things worse the Sonics weren't a very deep team, they played 7 guys for the most part and their starting center was a scrub so they were really a 6 man team.

The Sonics were more like the modern day Clippers to be honest

ballinhun8
05-29-2016, 01:23 AM

A team with a topn5/6 PG of all time and a top 4 PF of all time doesn't have star power ?

deja vu
05-29-2016, 01:26 AM
Durant/Westbrook may be better than Kemp/Payton but Schrempf was better than the 3rd best player in OKC. People sleeping on Schrempf (3x All Star).

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:26 AM
A team with a topn5/6 PG of all time and a top 4 PF of all time doesn't have star power ?
Don't talk when you don't know what you re talking about.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:30 AM

LOL

NBAGOAT
05-29-2016, 01:31 AM

when they were going up against Jordan no, not quite. Stockton was past his prime in 98 and wasn't as impactful as current Westbrook. Don't see any reason Malone and Durant aren't comparable. I could see 97 Jazz being better than OKC since stockton was great that year but still not sure he's as good as Westbrook. Stockton and Malone are high up in career rankings because of longevity, not as much for peak play. Also comparing 2 retired guys to 2 guys still playing is always going unfair, Durant could easily become a top 5 sf of all time, westbrook could become a top 10 pg of all time.

ballinhun8
05-29-2016, 01:32 AM
Don't talk when you don't know what you re talking about.

So Stockton and Malone aren't that???

Go ahead and try to disprove that.

Remember, in actually a Bulls fan. Not a stan like yourself.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:33 AM

They didn't play Jazz in 96 :facepalm
Bulls fan ::oldlol: STFU bandwagon bitch.

BlazerRed
05-29-2016, 01:33 AM
What :roll: :roll: :roll:

Curry wouldn't even average 15 against the 96 Bulls.

ballinhun8
05-29-2016, 01:34 AM
LOL

Wait, what's so funny here?

Are people seriously underrating Malone and Stockton here.

How could Stockton be past his prime? He entered the league same at the time as MJ.

1987_Lakers
05-29-2016, 01:36 AM

Thought you were talking about GP & Kemp for a sec.

Still, current Westbrook was simply a better player than '97 Stockton and many would take Durant over Malone as well, like NBAGOAT said, Stockton and Malone are looked highly in the all-time ranks mostly due to their longevity, current Durant & Westbrook are a better 1-2 punch than '97 Stockton & Malone.

ballinhun8
05-29-2016, 01:36 AM
They didn't play Jazz in 96 :facepalm
Bulls fan ::oldlol: STFU bandwagon bitch.

Bandwagon? I been a fan of my team longer then you been alive.

And I quoted the poster who said the magic had more star power then any team the 90s Bulls played. Learn to read you idiot.

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:37 AM

How could Stockton be past his prime? He entered the league same at the time as MJ.

You slow or what?
They didn't face Jazz in 96.

NBAGOAT
05-29-2016, 01:37 AM

:oldlol: yes because everyone aged as well as Jordan(and Stockton aged better than most).

ballinhun8
05-29-2016, 01:39 AM
Thought you were talking about GP & Kemp for a sec.

Still, current Westbrook was simply a better player than '97 Stockton and many would take Durant over Malone as well, like NBAGOAT said, Stockton and Malone are looked highly in the all-time ranks mostly due to their longevity, current Durant & Westbrook are a better 1-2 punch than '97 Stockton & Malone.

You could be right.

Individually they are probably better then those two but as a cohesive combo they aren't. It desnt get much better then Stockton to Malone, masters of the PnR. They never took away from each other like WB and KD do.

Mr Feeny
05-29-2016, 01:39 AM

Wow:roll:
Is this the dumbest poster on ISH? :lol

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 01:41 AM
Wow:roll:
Is this the dumbest poster on ISH? :lol

That's all you got? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

3ball
05-29-2016, 01:44 AM
It's a tight series despite Durant and Westbrook's ineptness, which proves Jordan and his Bulls are goat

Westbrook shot 33% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201566/stats/shooting/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs) on jumpshots in this series, and only 16% of them were assisted by teammates (assisted shots increase the team's assist capacity) - otoh, Jordan shot 41.5% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/shooting/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs) on jumpshots in the 1997 playoffs, with 48% of them being assisted.

Not surprisingly, Jordan's Bulls played a vastly superior and more effective brand of basketball than OKC, so they would destroy these Warriors considering how close Durant and Westbook are to beating them.

Btw, Jordan averaged 30-45 ppg with good efficiency in various series against Drexler, Rodman, Mason, Mckey, Dennis Johnson, Penny, Dumars - and that was WITH hand-checking and WITHOUT teammates spacing the floor for him like today's game.. So how would he do against Klay and Curry WITHOUT hand-checking and WITH teammates spacing the floor for him?.. :eek:

Mr Feeny
05-29-2016, 01:45 AM
That's all you got? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:What more needs to be said. You're considered the dumbest poster on here for a reason. You pretty much own yourself with the most embarassing statements:oldlol:

livinglegend
05-29-2016, 02:34 AM
What more needs to be said. You're considered the dumbest poster on here for a reason. You pretty much own yourself with the most embarassing statements:oldlol:

I'm here to argue a point, as long as you don't prove my point wrong, I don't give a damn.
I couldn't care less about personal attacks by an unknown human on a msg board. As if they affect my life HAHAHA
Have a nice time. :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
05-29-2016, 03:02 AM
I'm here to argue a point, as long as you don't prove my point wrong, I don't give a damn.
I couldn't care less about personal attacks by an unknown human on a msg board. As if they affect my life HAHAHA
Have a nice time. :oldlol:

Well why don't you prove your point? There's a reason everyone is laughing at you. A sequence of laughing emojis as they quote what they perceived ad a dumb post by a dumb kid.

Folks, this ittle kid seems shook :lebronamazed: caps and all that:rockon:

guy
05-29-2016, 11:52 AM

Warriors are already going to finish with a lower W-L % overall playoffs + regular season then the 96 Bulls regardless of if they win a championship or not.

jayfan
05-29-2016, 12:31 PM
This thread is about this year's Warriors, not last year.
All the teams they faced this year were healthy.

That's a bit misleading.

The Blazers may have been healthy, but the only reason they were GS's 2nd round opponent was because the Clips became decimated by injuries during their series.

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 12:49 PM
This is a joke, right?

That's what I thought...

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Forget about the Sonics. Different team, different era, different rules. Look at the matchups. How could OKC beat the Bulls? They don't have the size advantage. They don't have the better athletes. Now it comes to IQ and experience. How could OKC give the Bulls a run for their money like they're giving GS?

KelticForce1349
05-29-2016, 01:20 PM

:wtf: is wrong with some of the people on this forum? :confusedshrug:

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 01:30 PM
:wtf: is wrong with some of the people on this forum? :confusedshrug:

I have no idea :confusedshrug:

The problems that GS faces with OKC would be amplified against the Bulls because they were more intelligent, more disciplined, had a more diverse offense, had better defense and knew how to win. The issues GS has with size and athleticism has never been more prominent than it is against OKC. This is a terrible time to make this thread.

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 02:20 PM
96 Bulls would have won last night and sent GS home. Who seriously doubts this? OKC played stupidly all night and still should have won the game.

Teanett
05-29-2016, 03:28 PM
Luc Longley>>>Andrew Bogut

kids... :facepalm

jayfan
05-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Luc Longley>>>Andrew Bogut

kids... :facepalm

Gotta disagree. Bogut had a rough game last night, but a healthy Bogut is a much more skilled basketball player than Longley ever was.

Paul George 24
05-29-2016, 05:56 PM
IDIOT :lol

deja vu
06-20-2016, 03:00 AM
But can they beat the '16 Cavs?

Hoopz2332
07-22-2016, 06:55 PM
:oldlol:

Da_Realist
07-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Ignorance exposed. living_legend, aj1987, 1987_Lakers and others... :oldlol:

Young X
07-22-2016, 07:30 PM
It's hilarious how much these fools were hyping up OKC like they were some dominant team.

"bbbut the Bulls never faced a team as good as OKC!!!"

Idiots.

Sarcastic
07-22-2016, 07:35 PM

My smilie was right on point actually. Just should have used more for emphasis.

Da_Realist
07-22-2016, 07:41 PM
It's hilarious how much these fools were hyping up OKC like they were some dominant team.

"bbbut the Bulls never faced a team as good as OKC!!!"

Idiots.

It's funny reading these know-nothings after the fact. The most obnoxious are the most ignorant.

Curry could have hit the shot instead of Kyrie and these idiots would have gone on and on about how GSW is the best team ever. One shot would have changed everything for these know-nothings. A discerning mind can see flaws in a team on a 30 game win streak and see potential in a .500 team. A discerning mind could tell GSW was not a GOAT team. Feels so good to be proven right. :pimp:

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 07:46 PM
It's funny reading these know-nothings after the fact. The most obnoxious are the most ignorant.

Curry could have hit the shot instead of Kyrie and these idiots would have gone on and on about how GSW is the best team ever. One shot would have changed everything for these know-nothings. A discerning mind can see flaws in a team on a 30 game win streak and see potential in a .500 team. A discerning mind could tell GSW was not a GOAT team. Feels so good to be proven right. :pimp:

I have one meh counterargument. I've seen quite a few people say they take the 92 Bulls over the 96 Bulls and wonder if you agree with them. The 92 Bulls definitely had some trouble in the playoffs however even if it wouldn't have been cutting it as close as the Warriors(if they won game 7).

Da_Realist
07-22-2016, 09:28 PM
I have one meh counterargument. I've seen quite a few people say they take the 92 Bulls over the 96 Bulls and wonder if you agree with them. The 92 Bulls definitely had some trouble in the playoffs however even if it wouldn't have been cutting it as close as the Warriors(if they won game 7).

I flip flop on this depending on which team I've seen the most recent. 92 would definitely have a shot. The best of the 92 team was as good as the 96 team. The problem with 92 was they were arrogant and frequently lost focus, which was not a problem for the 96 team. They weren't mentally locked in for every game like 96. They were the best and knew it. But when they were locked in, they were fantastic.

96 was more disciplined and more conservative on both ends of the floor. However, what they did, they did almost perfectly. They ran the offense and exploited matchups like a veteran team and their half court defense was world class. They could extend it but only did it occasionally (Game 2 comeback against Orlando stands out).

92 had a bigger range both offensively and defensively. They had more energy and was more creative. They were also less disciplined. That's why they had a hard time putting NYK away, why they played footsie with Cleveland longer than they should have and gave away 2 games to the Blazers and almost a third.

So from a historical standpoint, 96 should be considered a better team but if the teams matched up... I don't know because the 92 team would have a healthy amount of respect for 96 and they would play like it.

The 96 team played a more physical, halfcourt, brawling style that would bother 92 (like 92 Knicks but better). On the other hand, 92 could force 96 to extend themselves and make mistakes (like 96 Sonics did but better).

Impossible to predict because the main culprits (MJ, Pippen, Jackson) are on both teams. They could overcome perceived weaknessess and win the hard way on both teams. MJ had no weaknesses either year so if you forced his hand, he'd beat you anyway. Pippen affected the game in a number of ways both years. What could you cut off? If he doesn't shoot well, he still played world class defense and was one of the best perimeter rebounders in the league. PJ's staff was the best in the league both years. It would be the ultimate chess match between the two teams.

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 09:50 PM
I flip flop on this depending on which team I've seen the most recent. 92 would definitely have a shot. The best of the 92 team was as good as the 96 team. The problem with 92 was they were arrogant and frequently lost focus, which was not a problem for the 96 team. They weren't mentally locked in for every game like 96. They were the best and knew it. But when they were locked in, they were fantastic.

96 was more disciplined and more conservative on both ends of the floor. However, what they did, they did almost perfectly. They ran the offense and exploited matchups like a veteran team and their half court defense was world class. They could extend it but only did it occasionally (Game 2 comeback against Orlando stands out).

92 had a bigger range both offensively and defensively. They had more energy and was more creative. They were also less disciplined. That's why they had a hard time putting NYK away, why they played footsie with Cleveland longer than they should have and gave away 2 games to the Blazers and almost a third.

So from a historical standpoint, 96 should be considered a better team but if the teams matched up... I don't know because the 92 team would have a healthy amount of respect for 96 and they would play like it.

The 96 team played a more physical, halfcourt, brawling style that would bother 92 (like 92 Knicks but better). On the other hand, 92 could force 96 to extend themselves and make mistakes (like 96 Sonics did but better).

Impossible to predict because the main culprits (MJ, Pippen, Jackson) are on both teams. They could overcome perceived weaknessess and win the hard way on both teams. MJ had no weaknesses either year so if you forced his hand, he'd beat you anyway. Pippen affected the game in a number of ways both years. What could you cut off? If he doesn't shoot well, he still played world class defense and was one of the best perimeter rebounders in the league. PJ's staff was the best in the league both years. It would be the ultimate chess match between the two teams.

well I think part of my point has been made. People would make a similar argument for the Warriors if they had won vs the Cavs, that they weren't completely focused and gave up games in the playoffs. I thought it was at least obvious vs the Thunder that they were completely underperforming up to game 5 even though the narrative now is the Thunder completely choked. OKC doesn't lose if they don't choke in game 6 but they also don't lose if Klay and Steph don't completely go off.

Da_Realist
07-22-2016, 09:58 PM
well I think part of my point has been made. People would make a similar argument for the Warriors if they had won vs the Cavs, that they weren't completely focused and gave up games in the playoffs. I thought it was at least obvious vs the Thunder that they were completely underperforming up to game 5 even though the narrative now is the Thunder completely choked. OKC doesn't lose if they don't choke in game 6 but they also don't lose if Klay and Steph don't completely go off.

That wasn't my argument, though. I said GSW was not a GOAT team whether Kyrie hit the shot to beat Cleveland or Curry hit the shot to win it. One shot doesn't change whether a team is the GOAT or has-been, but it would have made all the difference on ISH.

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 10:04 PM
That wasn't my argument, though. I said GSW was not a GOAT team whether Kyrie hit the shot to beat Cleveland or Curry hit the shot to win it. One shot doesn't change whether a team is the GOAT or has-been, but it would have made all the difference on ISH.

Hmm depends then. If your argument does focus a lot on their playoff performance, then I think the 92 Bulls isn't a a bad counterargument since they struggled in the playoffs too yet get GOAT recognition. If it's just focused on overall teamplay, then that's fine. I would only say yes GS has more flaws than the Bulls and even Celtics but their dominance when it comes to 3pt shooting can't be overlooked. When Steph and Klay both have great shooting nights, you'll really have to dominate all the other aspects of the game to beat them.